Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. Empty Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site.

Post by Bach98133 Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Since Des' season will be beginning shortly, I wonder if this would be a good time to ask our members to try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. Just a thought. Thanks.

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. Empty Re: Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site.

Post by SLA44 Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Bach98133 wrote:Since Des' season will be beginning shortly, I wonder if this would be a good time to ask our members to try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. Just a thought. Thanks.

It has been spoiler free so far and I hope it stays that. I only posted some pictures of some of the guys on her show and have not commented on if or when any of them were still on the show or eliminated and have no intentions of doing so. If people want to know spoilers they know what sites they can go to to find them and I hope they do that and keep what they find out to themselves. I didn't post anything that should spoil the show for anyone and would hope no one else will either. BTW it's good to see you posting again and hope to see more of you! You have been missed! Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. 622438426
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. Empty Re: Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site.

Post by Bach98133 Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm

If some people want to talk about spoilers such as RS stuff, perhaps we can have a separate sub-forum for spoilers. That is easy to create, if that is what people want.

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 2:57 am

Bach98133 wrote:If some people want to talk about spoilers such as RS stuff, perhaps we can have a separate sub-forum for spoilers. That is easy to create, if that is what people want.

Bach - as I said in my PM, I vote to keep this site spoiler-free. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 am

newto the boards wrote:
Bach98133 wrote:If some people want to talk about spoilers such as RS stuff, perhaps we can have a separate sub-forum for spoilers. That is easy to create, if that is what people want.

Bach - as I said in my PM, I vote to keep this site spoiler-free. JMHO.

Bach I agree with newto, if anyone wants spoilers they can go to one of the other sites and get them or PM someone else for information so that it will not get on the board for others to accidentally see. As far as Des' season goes this season has been spoiler free as far as who has gotten eliminated, the problem will come with the time difference between the east and west coasts and people wanting to discuss something and forgetting about the people on west coast not seeing it yet. By the time they do see it the east coast people will probably already have gone to bed so maybe at that point someone may need to do what was done on the DWTS thread and have a thread for Spoiler for that episode only so they can discuss and the west coast people know to steer clear if they don't want to know. Just an idea. Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. 4184157158
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I hate spoilers, but we should consider that some people like to discuss them. This board is very small and if we accommodate different taste, perhaps it will grow a bit. The spoiler section could be in a different sub-forum. Thinking
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Good idea Grace!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 24, 2013 9:48 pm

This is exactly why I have stayed away from all things Desiree up until now. Last season was ruined for me by people on the other board and I have been trying to avoid that this time. I don't feel like investing a whole season of watching this only to have it spoiled again.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 3:23 am

rkc -- Assume you're referring to bachandbachettefans. That site was set up for the specific purpose of having spoilers and sleuthing. The two admins are refugees from FORT when the mods over there forbid us to have any spoilers/sleuthing on Bach or Bachette. Long, nasty story. Mad

As for the motherboard, the careless posting of spoilers without some prior notice has been a controversy for years over there.

I get the distinct impression we will all do what Bach asked. Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. 1233665981

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat May 25, 2013 1:53 pm

newto the boards wrote:rkc -- Assume you're referring to bachandbachettefans. That site was set up for the specific purpose of having spoilers and sleuthing. The two admins are refugees from FORT when the mods over there forbid us to have any spoilers/sleuthing on Bach or Bachette. Long, nasty story. Mad

As for the motherboard, the careless posting of spoilers without some prior notice has been a controversy for years over there.

I get the distinct impression we will all do what Bach asked. Let's try to keep this site a spoiler-free site. 1233665981

Actually, I haven't been over on the bachandbachettefans board for a while. I was referring to the motherboard. I personally never had a season spoiled for me over there (I missed the drama with onetwo during Sean's season) until they made everybody switch to he new format. Over there people were posting that it was a spoiler in the title and then giving the spoiler in the first sentence which obviously is shown. And then you had people that assume everyone knew the outcome and just posted thread after thread with the winner right in the title. That's BS.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat May 25, 2013 2:03 pm

I agree with you rkc and the new format has a real weakness in that it displays the topic content right in the index. i don't know who thought up that format but it stinks. At least on the old motherboard all you would see was the topic and could choose to ignore it or click on it and it is the same here where you can click on a thread or ignore it. Let's just hope we don't have someone posting spoilers here with no warning. It has become very hard with the time zone differences for some not to spoil the outcome of an episode for the West Coast viewers but I don't think it is done with malice, they just forget some of us have not seen it yet.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 4:59 pm

If we all agree to no spoilers, it is up to grace and Bach to "monitor" what is going on. Perhaps we could use another mod during "season?" Just a thought, since I'm sure the traffic here is going to be at least double what it is now.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 am

But FORT blew up over this same issue. I read the 'ette board a lot and it is very easy to avoid spoilers. Although people are starting to use some of the guys as their Avi and I worry that may be giving it away. The new ABC board is a disaster for spoilers. I won't even go there once the season starts, unless I somehow hear who Des picks. I'm just worried we can't grow the board without accommodating different taste.

I asked bach if he knew how to get us in a google search. Neither of us knows how to do that. The only way you can find this board is if you google our name.

Last edited by grace8136 on Mon May 27, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 3:38 am

Grace -- I've given some thought to the size of the board. I think it's fine. We have something very unique here; posters who care, who have respect for one another, etc. Of course we have some members who joined and never posted, although they seem to lurk. I know it sounds like we have a tight little clique here, but perhaps that is better than publicizing our existence and having to put up with God knows what kinds of trolls, etc. Because the meanies and trolls ARE out there and just itching to cause trouble somewhere else. JMHO.

I'm of the opinion that we should just let things be as they are for the time being. We have a diverse group here: people from all over the country, different ages, different experiences, etc. We have fun here, or at least I do.

As for FORT, there was a rough season for Bach spoilers, after which the mods pulled the spoiler threads. During that season, the nastiness was over the top with name calling, etc. I respect what the mods over there did in that regard. We deserved it. Also know the mods over there are "in bed" with certain posters, which is why I got banned for life over there. Long and not-so-nice story which I won't go into on a public forum.

As far as a Google search, if you decide you really want to do it, my guru son or DH might be able to help us. Both computer freaks.

If you close all the threads during season except to members, then nobody who stumbles on us can find out if they do indeed want to join.
I notice we've had a lot of "guests" lately, but no new members in the past couple of weeks. All this is just my own thinking, for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 am

I am personally fine with this board having a small group, but that may be just me. If we disagree on something over here for the most part it has been on a much more respectful level....which is how it should be. I just don't get why some people have to go into attack mode over a tv show, politics, news stories, whatever. We're all just human and as such we should be respectful of others unless they give us good reason not to. No one is better than the next or more insightful that their opinion should be taken as God's law.

During JEM's season it got the nastiest I ever remember seeing it. Some saw an against all odds love story where some of us saw a fraud being played out. I along with many others got called names, was told I was so dumb I shouldn't vote, was told I should seek therapy, etc...all for what? Because I didn't see a love story and think that Emily and Jef together were the be all, end all? Well, we see where THAT love story went. I guess I wasn't so dumb after all.

The point is that yes, while it is interesting to get into debates about our viewpoints it is not fun to get into these arguments with people because they can't see past their own arrogance and believe that it's ok for people to agree to disagree.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 am

Yep rkc I had the same thing happen to me last season and for the same reasons. I will venture to say that the ABC board will be the same this season and I will sure try not to be a part of that circus! I wonder how long it will be over there before the show is spoiled or has that already happened?

This is a much nicer place to be and I hope it stays that way.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top