Nyle and Peta

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nyle and Peta  - Page 11 Empty Re: Nyle and Peta

Post by DeadManDancing Thu May 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Back to what this is about. Here's what Val had to say about the winners.

Couldn't have happened to better people. Special couple on the floor extraordinary people off of it. Congrats, @nyledimarco and @petamurgatroyd . This wasn't just good for the dance community, this wasn't just good for the Deaf community, this was good for humanity as a whole. Nyle you're a beacon of strength, curiosity, and passion and were perfectly partnered with Peta, whom I am proud to call my sister. I love you both I congratulate you both but mostly want to thank you both, for sharing an incredible journey with us all.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:And that, dear friends, is the beauty of this show: bringing people together and make them forget their sorrows; if only for a precious moment. The perfect ending makes it even better. Maternity came at the right time. Peta rose to the top this season, has nothing left to prove, and can now focus on her family. I also kind of disagree with Glitters, because I can imagine someone who could take her place on the show.
That's your opinion.  My feelings are valid to me.  Everybody has their opinions and feelings about things and it doesn't make them right or wrong.  It's how I feel and there isn't anything you can say to change that.  Just let me have my feelings.  You may disagree with me and that's fine but it doesn't change how I feel.  It isn't about Peta having anything left to prove.  I don't care about that.  I like her on the show and I feel very strongly about that.  I could say she has plenty of time to have kids.  You make it seem because you have an opinion that it's the right one.  I could say a lot of things about her wanting to have a family myself and it doesn't make it right or wrong.  It would just be my opinion and feeling.  Peta obviously has the power to do what she wants with her life.  I can only say how I feel about it but it doesn't hold much power.  So just let me grieve in my own way and say what I want because it's all I have in this situation. 
Totally agree, Glitters! Thumbs up! This victory has brought Peta to the pinnacle of her career.  Everyone loves and admires her; she will be in
demand.  Maks has never appealed to me; I find him to be egocentric and arrogant!  She had a better chemistry with  the Divine Mister M (James Maslow).  Her face just lit up when she was in his presence.  Did you notice how Nyle couldn't stop hugging and kissing her?  I bet they would be an item if she wasn't engaged. I'm fearful that Maks will stymie her professional opportunities.  This special lady deserves so much more than to be someone's hausfrau!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu May 26, 2016 5:37 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Back to what this is about. Here's what Val had to say about the winners.

Couldn't have happened to better people. Special couple on the floor extraordinary people off of it. Congrats, @nyledimarco and @petamurgatroyd . This wasn't just good for the dance community, this wasn't just good for the Deaf community, this was good for humanity as a whole. Nyle you're a beacon of strength, curiosity, and passion and were perfectly partnered with Peta, whom I am proud to call my sister. I love you both I congratulate you both but mostly want to thank you both, for sharing an incredible journey with us all.
That is absolutely lovely. I have to admit that I have watched their freestyle many times and i still get goosebumps and tear up. I don't think I've ever had another dance affect me as much as that one does.

It touches me right through to my soul.

This season is going to be hard to top.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu May 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Babs2147 wrote:
Totally agree, Glitters! Thumbs up! This victory has brought Peta to the pinnacle of her career.  Everyone loves and admires her; she will be in
demand.  Maks has never appealed to me; I find him to be egocentric and arrogant!  She had a better chemistry with  the Divine Mister M (James Maslow).  Her face just lit up when she was in his presence.  Did you notice how Nyle couldn't stop hugging and kissing her?  I bet they would be an item if she wasn't engaged. I'm fearful that Maks will stymie her professional opportunities.  This special lady deserves so much more than to be someone's hausfrau!
I was thinking the same thing about her and Nyle.  I agree with what you say about Maks, but maybe Maks will surprise us and prove us wrong.  I know Peta and Maks may look good on paper somehow but I don't know if I trust him.  You're so right about the hausfrau remark.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu May 26, 2016 8:10 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Back to what this is about. Here's what Val had to say about the winners.

I also think this board is about people's opinions and feelings.  It isn't just about one thing.  This board is for the people who like the show and whatever else that might include while writing about it.  So let's not be dismissive of that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu May 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Peta has been my favourite pro dancer for quite some time. Well, she's tied with Tristan really. Anyhow, all I wish for her is happiness and I think she has found that with Maks. I like Maks, I think his public persona is for show and doesn't reflect the real man. I know that he (and Val) are very family oriented and I think he will be an excellent father. I also don't think he will ever hold her back professionally and is super proud of her accomplishments. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri May 27, 2016 12:48 am

I sincerely hope that you're right, sis.  Peta's happiness is my only concern.  Hopefully,
she will find it with Maks.  
I'm just going to miss her like heck for the next season.....or two! Crying or Very sad
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm

I just saw an All Access interview with Maks. Asked how he felt about his brother and his fiance being in the finals, he said he was proud of them probably like Shirley is proud of Mark or Julianne is proud of Derek. He continued to say Peta is his top priority, and he just tried to make sure she would get some sleep when she got home. He did the cleaning, the cooking, and admitted he struggled with the laundry (Maks, I could show you how). So who's the hausfrau ( German term; how funny). He proposed, she said yes. Maybe besides other talents he is a great cook.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri May 27, 2016 2:49 pm

The truth is that we are not in any of these people's lives and we don't know them.  We only know what we hear in the news.  We can only guess for the most part. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon May 30, 2016 2:57 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I really have no idea why you feel that offended by a different opinion. I'll leave it at that- before it gets ridiculous. But since you asked me directly: this show is proving with every season that no one is irreplaceable. Not Maks, not Derek, not Peta, and not Sharna. Calm down, please.
I'm not offended that you have a different opinion.  You just make it seem that whenever you say something that it is a fact and not just your opinion.  I don't really understand why you felt you needed to make the remark about Peta that you made and felt it was sort of directed at me and felt you were kind of laughing as you said it.  Peta is one of the few people on the show that I would hate to see leave.  I thought it was kind of insensitive.  I think Peta is the "it" girl on DWTS and very few others have what she has and it will be a big loss to see her go and not just because she is a great dancer.  It isn't a trivial situation to me.  I'm sure you would hate to see Sharna leave.  You said it is a good time for Peta to leave, but that's your opinion.  It doesn't make it fact.  Neither one of us knows Peta.  It's like you're trying to override what I say. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon May 30, 2016 3:15 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I really have no idea why you feel that offended by a different opinion. I'll leave it at that- before it gets ridiculous. But since you asked me directly: this show is proving with every season that no one is irreplaceable. Not Maks, not Derek, not Peta, and not Sharna. Calm down, please.
I just wanted to add that I think you also have a different attitude towards me because I am not in your clique.  If you were disagreeing with someone in your clique, you would be nicer about it. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon May 30, 2016 3:40 pm

DMD, going back over your recent messages, your undertone towards me is so dismissive.  You lit the fuse and then said you couldn't understand my response and then told me to calm down.  Then you went on to go and say "let's get back to what this is about."  It's so dismissive. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon May 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Glitters, I'm not happy with the way this is going. First of all, whenever I post something it should be obvious that it is just my opinion, and I never intend to force it on somebody. Second, if there's one thing we have in common, it's admiration for Peta. I'm just trying to accept things I can't change anyway. If her next goal is having a baby with Maks, so be it. I just wanted to express that she obviously couldn't have left on a higher note. I'm sure she can return anytime if she wants to. Third, there is no such thing as a clique, since this is not the abc-board. Yes, there is our little mb-family, but we're always open for anyone else's contributions. And Peta was the reason we teamed up. What else can I say?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Tue May 31, 2016 6:23 am

DeadManDancing wrote:Nyle and Peta  - Page 11 13258910
Hey DM, while I did not watch this season, I can say that in the seasons I did watch, Peta was always my favorite female pro.  Just loved her tough girl attitude, coupled with true talent and an apparent heart of gold.  Good for her for winning this season, getting married, having  a baby, whatever brings her joy.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue May 31, 2016 9:33 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:Nyle and Peta  - Page 11 13258910
Hey DM, while I did not watch this season, I can say that in the seasons I did watch, Peta was always my favorite female pro.  Just loved her tough girl attitude, coupled with true talent and an apparent heart of gold.  Good for her for winning this season, getting married, having  a baby, whatever brings her joy.
So much joy in this pic.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue May 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
I just wanted to add that I think you also have a different attitude towards me because I am not in your clique.  If you were disagreeing with someone in your clique, you would be nicer about it. 
Glitters , I feel sad that you think our little mb family is a clique. Really we aren't, we are just four people who came together through our admiration for Peta and evolved into a virtual family. We enjoy dialogue with everyone and we don't always agree with each other either. Glitters, you and I have had lots of conversations in the past and I enjoy them. A clique, to me, is what was common on the old ABC board and I didn't like them at all because they were so smugly exclusionary. I believe our little Chongie family is the opposite - inclusive and interacting with all.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue May 31, 2016 3:45 pm

I believe you if you say it.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:43 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I believe you if you say it.

Glitters I think you are suffering from a syndrome I call bummed-out-it is. Someone who you like and gives you much pleasure, in this case Peta will not likely be on this show for sometime. I think most of us suffer from it with people we liked who leave us for various reasons. About a year ago David letterman retired from his show and even though he warned us a year in advance that he would, I still feel a little bummed out because it was always fun to know he would on the air and usually give us a great show, it still feels a little empty to see him gone. I also get the same feeling after an Olympics is over. I wish they could go on for months. I'm sure others out here suffer from the syndrome from time to time. So cheer up Glitters there will be someone from our cast of pros who will step up and wow us next fall. Sad

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:22 am

Thank you.  I do like Lindsay, but she isn't Peta!  I wonder who will take Peta's place. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Seeing as how so many of us don't think anyone can "take Peta's place" I guess we have to say - I wonder who will be on until Peta comes back! 

How things have changed. I well remember when Peta was trashed continuously on sm for everything she did (and seemingly didn't do). Now she's a star, something we knew all along. Yay for Peta!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Peta is coming back?  That's encouraging. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 pm

One thing I love about this board is that I've been made to feel welcome no matter where I post, which is so unlike the old board.

I thank each and every one of you for that welcome.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:14 pm

I'm glad you found this board peebeeb. There are many from the old ABC board I would like to see here but lots I hope never find it! 

It's just nice to be able to post without being attacked for what is just your own opinion.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Peta is coming back?  That's encouraging. 
Nothing concrete about Peta's return but I am thinking positive! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Lesallee wrote:I'm glad you found this board peebeeb. There are many from the old ABC board I would like to see here but lots I hope never find it! 

It's just nice to be able to post without being attacked for what is just your own opinion.
I am too, I think I found a mention of this new forum just shortly before ABC trashed the msg boards. I couldn't get over here fast enough.  Very Happy

It's nice to have a place to chat about these shows because I have no desire to enter the FB scene.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top