Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm

sdreindeer wrote:I haven't watched DWTS from the very beginning, but I have seen many seasons. I have to say this has probably been my least favorite. I miss some of the older "pros", and many of the "stars" I have never even heard of. I don't know if it's that, the choreography or what......I have just felt less interested this season. And God forbid, can we ever get through a season where the shirts stay on and put the emphasis on real dancing? Then again, maybe it's just me.

No it's not just you believe me and I think I have watched this show from the very 1st season and I am not enjoying this season except for Kellie Pickler. I am tired of the snarky remarks and nitpicking by the judges and miss some of the good dancers that are not on this season. This show is going in the same direction as the bach franchise as far as I'm concerned. Sean had given the bach franchise a bit of a boost but I think that DWTS has not done him any favors in return. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

SLA44 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:I haven't watched DWTS from the very beginning, but I have seen many seasons. I have to say this has probably been my least favorite. I miss some of the older "pros", and many of the "stars" I have never even heard of. I don't know if it's that, the choreography or what......I have just felt less interested this season. And God forbid, can we ever get through a season where the shirts stay on and put the emphasis on real dancing? Then again, maybe it's just me.

No it's not just you believe me and I think I have watched this show from the very 1st season and I am not enjoying this season except for Kellie Pickler. I am tired of the snarky remarks and nitpicking by the judges and miss some of the good dancers that are not on this season. This show is going in the same direction as the bach franchise as far as I'm concerned. Sean had given the bach franchise a bit of a boost but I think that DWTS has not done him any favors in return. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A short comment from me (sorry to be succcinct)
I agree. AND in all honesty, athough I have seen EVERY season of DWTS, I had fully intended to NOT take notes this season not get invested and only watch if it suited me. But then I found all of you and found out that my slight expertise was wanted and so, I watched it all and took notes and posted. But, I AGREE!!! Not a great season, not excited with the stars or pros or choreography.

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by singlyme on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm with you guys about the shirt-shedding. I honestly don't pay much attention to the exposed chest, just keep watching the moves. What I DO notice is the obvious attempt at bring sexuality into it. For some reason, I don't mind the girls so much - completely aware it's nude cloth under the torso - but they need to close some of the bodices, like Kellie's red getup.

Regarding Sean, mustang and sla, you're probably right about lumberjacks being more agile. Perhaps Bruno should have labeled him "Bigfoot." lol.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

singlyme wrote:I'm with you guys about the shirt-shedding. I honestly don't pay much attention to the exposed chest, just keep watching the moves. What I DO notice is the obvious attempt at bring sexuality into it. For some reason, I don't mind the girls so much - completely aware it's nude cloth under the torso - but they need to close some of the bodices, like Kellie's red getup.

Regarding Sean, mustang and sla, you're probably right about lumberjacks being more agile. Perhaps Bruno should have labeled him "Bigfoot." lol.

SINGLY, you're home!!! How are you? Glad you are back and the trip is over.Hope it went well. Check out Lettes Chat for many messages to you from me and others .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by USN on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm

SLA44 wrote:LadyMustang65 I don't know you from the ABC boards but I sure agree with you when it comes to the Lumberjacks. Not only rolling the logs but scaling the trees as well. I think with the football players the ones that did well on the show were running backs and wide receivers where as I think Sean was a lineman of some kind which did not require the agility of of a receiver or running back - it's just my opinion and I could be way off base. I do think Sean is a nice guy though who just isn't the greatest on the dance floor.

I also did not think I would like Andy but I have to admit that he can be entertaining even though he can't dance.

SLA, Warren Sapp, and Jason Taylor were lineman, and very light on their feet. They both took 2nd place.

USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 pm

USN wrote:
SLA44 wrote:LadyMustang65 I don't know you from the ABC boards but I sure agree with you when it comes to the Lumberjacks. Not only rolling the logs but scaling the trees as well. I think with the football players the ones that did well on the show were running backs and wide receivers where as I think Sean was a lineman of some kind which did not require the agility of of a receiver or running back - it's just my opinion and I could be way off base. I do think Sean is a nice guy though who just isn't the greatest on the dance floor.

I also did not think I would like Andy but I have to admit that he can be entertaining even though he can't dance.

SLA, Warren Sapp, and Jason Taylor were lineman, and very light on their feet. They both took 2nd place.

Well like I said USN I could be way off base. I actually thought that most football players were light on their feet given the the drills they go through during practice but maybe with Sean it has nothing to do with not being light on his feet as much as he just doesn't have the musicality as the judges say. Maybe it is from all the bodybuilding he did - I really do not have a clue other that he really doesn't look good for the most part on the dance floor except when he is just standing there and smiling.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Ok first of all go Bach and look when they were riding on the elephant and take a look at his toes. Look how long the second toe is compared to the big toe. I am surprised he walk and chew gum at the said time. LOL

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by USN on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:45 pm

LOL!! My second toe is longer than my big toe, and I don't having any problem walking and chewing gum at the same time.

USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

USN wrote:LOL!! My second toe is longer than my big toe, and I don't having any problem walking and chewing gum at the same time.

But you are a woman. Women are more balanced then men. Go back and look at it. It's not just a little longer it is a lot longer.

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 pm

You try to put men in 3 inch heels and see what happens. Laughing

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 pm

gin1972 wrote:Ok first of all go Bach and look when they were riding on the elephant and take a look at his toes. Look how long the second toe is compared to the big toe. I am surprised he walk and chew gum at the said time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gin you are hystrical. You actually focused in on that??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was looking at the elephant and the scenery. So now we know he has a weird belly button and a weird toe. The price one pays for beauty!

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks to much stress in the world so we should always laugh each day. Excited

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by USN on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 am

gin1972 wrote:You try to put men in 3 inch heels and see what happens. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HA!! Try putting me in 3" heels, and see what happens!! It sure wouldn't be pretty.

USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 am

USN wrote:
gin1972 wrote:You try to put men in 3 inch heels and see what happens. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HA!! Try putting me in 3" heels, and see what happens!! It sure wouldn't be pretty.

Amen I could not wear them again cause I could stand in them. I did wear them when I was young and I paid for it. I had arthritis in my feet. Also these high heels cause fallen arches. They would have to call 911 if I tried the heels of today.

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 am

gin1972 wrote:You try to put men in 3 inch heels and see what happens.

LOL! There is no man on earth stupid enough to wear those outlandish styles. I don't know why women think they are attractive in those spike heels. Not!! JMHO.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 am

I forgot to ask. Did anyone like Olly Murs (sp?) singing "Trouble Maker?" Usually, I take a short listen and ffwd through the singing guests. But I really enjoyed this one.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 am

singlyme wrote:I forgot to ask. Did anyone like Olly Murs (sp?) singing "Trouble Maker?" Usually, I take a short listen and ffwd through the singing guests. But I really enjoyed this one.

Not to sure what you are talking about. How about some words please.

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm

newto the boards wrote:Picture was taken in Longwood Gardens, PA by my son, who is an amateur photographer. He took 86 pictures in the gardens the day he and his family were there.

I think that while Sean can't dance, he will find a niche in TV somewhere.
JMHO.

I love Longwood Gardens! Have been there many times since I was a child. Has been a few years since I have been there last and that just reminds me that I need to go back. I remember as a child I was bent over leaning too close to the water and a fish jumped out of the water and scared me. I almost fell in if my Dad hadn't been there to grab me LOL.

I haven't commented on Sean on DWTS this season but as hard as he tries he just dances too much like a clumsy guy. A lumberjack which they called him. But he got what he wanted out of it and once he's off the show then he can get out of the public eye which is what he says he wants.

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

gin1972 wrote:
singlyme wrote:I forgot to ask. Did anyone like Olly Murs (sp?) singing "Trouble Maker?" Usually, I take a short listen and ffwd through the singing guests. But I really enjoyed this one.

Not to sure what you are talking about. How about some words please.

The British guy who sang on the results show. I think they said this record already went platinum in the US. I usually ffwd through the singing if it's a hip-hop artist. But I really enjoyed this guy's old-school rock-type music. Did you ffwd through him, gin? lol.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sixth Week Elimination -- SPOILER real spoiler

Post by gin1972 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Sing... brain fart.. can not think of British guy.

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum