Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place Empty Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place

Post by bluechipdude Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:19 pm

None other than our own Tony D who took up golf a few years ago and can't get enough of it now. He was on The Golf Channel Tuesday and said that dancing has helped his golf and golf helps his dancing. Anyway he said that he has a 3.5 handicap which is quite low, almost scratch. They had him hit a couple of shots on the golf simulator with a pro watching him. He had a great swing and was straight down the middle. The pro could find nothing wrong with his swing. BTW Tiger gave a press conference yesterday where he pretty much said he has no idea of when he will be back, if ever. Tony has all his kids playing the game and is taking lessons from some big time teachers so, with his love for the game I could see him becoming a scratch golfer soon! Man dance

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place Empty Re: Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Who's Tony D ?@?

That was an amazing Tiger interview the other day and sad to hear he's no where near healthy or rehabilitated; and spends his days playing video games.. 

Usually a Tiger interview is boring and he answers with 3-4 word replies, but this latest with Time Mag is pretty revealing about his marriage, his quest for Jack's 18 titles and his relationship with Lindsay Vaughn; never heard Tiger talk about himself like this:

http://time.com/tiger/
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place Empty Re: Move over Tiger therte's a new guy on the block ready to take your place

Post by bluechipdude Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:37 am

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:Who's Tony D ?@?

That was an amazing Tiger interview the other day and sad to hear he's no where near healthy or rehabilitated; and spends his days playing video games.. 

Usually a Tiger interview is boring and he answers with 3-4 word replies, but this latest with Time Mag is pretty revealing about his marriage, his quest for Jack's 18 titles and his relationship with Lindsay Vaughn; never heard Tiger talk about himself like this:

http://time.com/tiger/
Tony Davolani  is who I was talking about. I think Tony is in his late 30s but is in great physical shape and if he keeps up his dancing at the same time, could become a very good celebraty golfer. Tiger turns 40 in a few weeks and has had 4 knee operations and has just had his third back operation. At best we could see him comeback and play a few tournaments but I don't think his body can take the grind of anything but that. In the last year he has come out of his shell and become more open about himself as well as the family man. I believe he's become a coach for one of his kids team. We won't have to have any fundraisers for Tiger, he claims he can spend his time with golf course design,charity work and for that matter he would great as a golf commentator for the TV coverage of major events. Tony will never become another Tiger but from what I saw of his swing and desire for the game could make a name for himself playing the game. Sunny 1

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:51 am

I am not a golf fan but I always enjoyed watching Tiger play and his dominance in the game.  Everything fell apart immediately after the fact of his multiple affairs became public and his wife left him.  I thought that that was tragic.  I remember at the time hoping they could find a way to ignore the publicity, work through their issues and stay together.  Very glad to hear that he and his now ex-wife have become good friends once again.  In any event, Tiger is a legend in his sport and no one and nothing can take that away from him.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:00 am

and btw Tango, isn;t this thread in the wrong category?  It belongs in "General Topics," no?
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:49 am

GymGirlJane wrote:and btw Tango, isn;t this thread in the wrong category?  It belongs in "General Topics," no?
This thread is sort of a category of its own but allies itself with dancing. The point I was suggesting was that dancing is probably a very good exercise that keeps you limber for also being good with the golf swing, thus being able to play golf well. In fact I would go so far to say that if tiger had taken it up instead of all that weight bearing exercise he wouldn't have needed four knee operations and three back surgeries before he turned 40. Tony is also about DWTS and will be a great ambassador for ballroom dancing when and if he starts making appearances at some of these big pro am events, like Pebble Beach. It might even draw more men to learn it. I first became aware of Tiger about 35 years ago when a bunch of us stopped off to have a few brews after work.The old Mike Douglas show was on tv and Mike announced that we have a treat today and this little chit came out with a driver in his hand and his dad. He proceeded hit these great shots in to a net. Tiger had made up his mind that he wanted to be a golf pro someday and his father told him ok but he had to keep his grades up. By time he was 16 he had played rounds with some of the biggest names in golf. He went to Standford not an easy school, played on their golf team, got his degree and turned pro. From then on he was a winner around the world, making huge amounts of money. The point of all this was I never heard of him having a g/f or had gone through a normal childhood of dating partying or all the normal things we do. His Dad had some medical issues and word was his mother and father were separated. All of a sudden he's engaged to this grocery bagger from Sweden, they get married and have a couple of kids pretty quick then his marital troubles seemed to start. IMO he never really had a normal childhood coupled with too much fame too fast and nobody that he would confide in. By then his dad had passed. Tiger was handled by mentors who had one object, making money. I think now he's had time to think life over and understand himself more clearly. As we all know hindsight will help you make good decisions.   

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top