Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th? Empty Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th?

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Yeah! A thread for The Walking Dead! My favorite show! Please tell me someone else watches this and that I'm not going to be here talking to myself! LOL

Is anyone else going to watch Fear the Walking Dead which will premiere on Aug. 23rd? It will be something good to watch until the original comes back on in October.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2348567/fear-the-walking-dead-is-a-great-appetizer-for-season-6-of-the-walking-dead/
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th? Empty Re: Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th?

Post by BAL91182 Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:22 pm

ME!!!!!  I'm so ready!  That last episode with Rick (and I am not a fan of Rick at all) was sooo good! Still bummed about Beth though.  Cant wait for FTWD. Hopefully they'll have a strong Darryl Dixon type character on it.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th? Empty Re: Who's ready for the new season on Oct. 11th?

Post by moo2meow Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 pm

No. You won't be posting alone or talking to yourself, rkc1960. BAL91182 another Daryl fan. Woo Hoo Daryl !!!!
Yes I'll be watching Fear The Walking Dead. Anxious to hear from more of you with all  your different  thoughts and opinions concerning our favorite show.Anxious to hear all of them.

Jumping up and down
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm so curious to see where the new season goes, especially in the beginning with what is happening in their little town of Alexandria.

I saw pics of the new season. It looks like they are going to be adding quite a few new people to the cast. I just hope they don't kill off any more of the original cast but I'm sure at some point they will.

As to Fear The Walking Dead, they have said that the two stories won't be interconnected at all. This one will start right at the onset of the apocalypse, unlike The Walking Dead where Rick woke up after it had already started. I also read that instead of having strong people as the leads they are going to have just regular people on the new one. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:24 am

I've watched TWD since the beginning and have been on a dedicated forum for that show.  It was amazing, the stuff the die-hard fan(atics) noticed.  Things the average person doesn't see - background clues, etc.  I never read the comic books and was surprised that Daryl was never in them.  He and Carol are my favorite characters.  If they do end up killing them off, they'd better have outstanding replacements!  No one is safe.

Sorry, BAL, but I was glad to see Beth go.  Nor did I mourn Shane.  It was upsetting to see the writers completely change Andrea to stupid.  Many went from loving her to hating her.  For an entire season or two, I wished I could kill the governor myself.  Hated the character and was put off by the actor himself.  Just as with the Bach, there are going to be people some like while others don't.  It'll be fun to see where we stand.

I plan to watch FTWD and hope they've assembled a good ensemble cast. For me, that's what makes a show enjoyable.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

Singly, I too have been involved with a dedicated forum for TWD and am surprised at some of the insights others have that I may have missed. My son has read the comics and I'll question him on things that are different between that and the show.

Something else I found fascinating when I found out about it was the 'Easter eggs' that were shown earlier in the series that tied TWD with Breaking Bad which was another favorite series I watched. I guess they are insinuating that the zombie apocalypse was brought on by possibly the blue meth that Walter White was making. In case some haven't heard this theory.........

http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/amc-has-secretly-been-warning-us-breaking-bad-is-the-walking-dead-prequel

I hate seeing any of the long time cast being killed off, some more than others. I think one of the worst ones for me was Hershel. He was such a good man on the show and the way the governor did it was brutal.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:28 am

singlyme wrote:I've watched TWD since the beginning and have been on a dedicated forum for that show.  It was amazing, the stuff the die-hard fan(atics) noticed.  Things the average person doesn't see - background clues, etc.  I never read the comic books and was surprised that Daryl was never in them.  He and Carol are my favorite characters.  If they do end up killing them off, they'd better have outstanding replacements!  No one is safe.

Sorry, BAL, but I was glad to see Beth go.  Nor did I mourn Shane.  It was upsetting to see the writers completely change Andrea to stupid.  Many went from loving her to hating her.  For an entire season or two, I wished I could kill the governor myself.  Hated the character and was put off by the actor himself.  Just as with the Bach, there are going to be people some like while others don't.  It'll be fun to see where we stand.

I plan to watch FTWD and hope they've assembled a good ensemble cast. For me, that's what makes a show enjoyable.
I did not care for Shane either, so was glad to see him go. I was bummed about Beth, just cause I liked the interaction between her and Darryl. I liked how she made him kind of better person. We got to see a more softer caring side to him. My friends think I am weird, but I cannot stand Rick. Have hated his character from the beginning and have rooted for him to get killed off. Scared  I did like the last scene of his though, but I would not be disappointed if they killed him off. I like everyone else. As long as they don't kill off Darryl and Machone, since they pretty much are the show!
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:38 pm

BAL, it seems odd to admit, but I'm not a particular fan of Rick.  But I blame a lot of it on the writers.  They keep him on the edge of sanity, constantly ready to go down that slide.  I get impatient with it.  The whole Lori's ghost scenario was tiring.  For God's sake, Carl is a kid who had to kill his own mother and he's handling it better.

I kept hoping the writers would bring Andrea back to her senses but they only did so as a prelude to killing her.

I did like the softer side Daryl showed around Beth but her naivete drove me nuts.  It was as if she'd never grow up.  Still don't know why she made the stupid move of trying to kill Dawn.  It was a childish display of spite and definitely unnecessary at that point.

Oh, rkc... the beloved Hershel.  How I wish he would have survived.  But once they had to run, he never would have kept up.

There was a lot of flak on the other forum about what a lousy mother Lori was.  Me?  I would have tied that kid to a tree to keep him from wandering off.  Carl simply didn't listen!  What bothered me was how she pitted Rick and Shane against one another.  By the time she went, I'd had enough.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

You think they'll finally push Rick over the cliff this season. Like mentioned, The producers/writers have been hinting it since the prison years to now. Never liked Lori. Should have 86'ed her long before they did. Shane deserved everything he got and more. After what he did to Otis I couldn't give him an ounce of sympathy.
I don't think Beth ever intended to kill Dawn. I think it was more an "in your face B----" than an act of murder. Dawn shot in police reflex. My opinion on this.
So far four deaths that really bummed me out. Dale in season 2. His was as brutal as Hershel's.  Beth, Tyreese, and Noah in season 5. Seems like they went "you will die" happy last season.
Have watched a few teasers on line on the up coming season but they don't tell you much. Guess we have to wait and see     Darn
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I might be in the minority here but I like Rick. He has had so much pressure on his shoulders from the beginning. A group of people have looked up to him to keep them safe and lead them and they are dealing with all of this in a world that is made of nightmares. I can understand then why they have molded his character into what he is now.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 am

I did not care for Lori either, but that scene when Maggie was carrying out newborn Judith and crying, I must have bawled my eyes out for a good half hour!   Hershel death was hard. He was one of my favorite characters. Tyreese and Noah's was sad as well. I did not much care for Lizzie or Mika, but also choked up when Carol shot Lizzie.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

"Look at the flowers" has become the catch-phrase when we think they're going to kill off a character.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:30 am

Yes, Look At The Flowers would be another good T-shirt. lol

BAL, those are scenes that had me in tears as well. Also when Carol and Tyreese came back to the house and there laid Mika dead where Lizzie had killed her.

Another scene that was emotional for me was when Rick and Carl thought all this time that baby Judith was dead and when they all met back up with Carol and Tyreese they saw that she was alive. Tear jerker.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Got my copy of Season 5 of The Walking Dead yesterday. Haven't watched it yet. Been packing up some little things into boxes all day yesterday and today. Will be taking tomorrow off and will start then. Already know I'll be watching the episode where Carol comes to the rescue. My favorite episode.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:31 am

moo, are you talking about the rocket Carol so accurately aimed to cause the explosion?  For me, that was something that belonged on "Ripley's."  But, yes, that was an anxiety-ridden, action-packed episode.  Have fun!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:39 pm

I love the fact that Carol started out on season one as this beaten down abused housewife and has since turned into this bad-ass that can beat out any of the men without breaking a nail. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Yes. That's the one. 

Cheer Cheer   Go Carol !!
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 am

I'm still rather "meh" about this show.  Aside from the daughter, I'd think the casting director threw a net to find the most unappealing people to populate this series.  I can't even remember their names.

The druggie son may be okay once he's clean and combs his hair.  But Chris, the other son, is someone who needs to be quickly bitten. 

Lord knows, TWD holds me because of the characters and not the zombies.  It's difficult to care about these people.  How do the rest of you feel?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:50 am

I think it picked up this week and got more interesting.

I agree that this cast is going to take longer to grow on you if they even do. That was something I prepared myself for because the producers said as much before this started. They were going to make this about regular people, a family and how they react to the zombie apocalypse from the beginning. They didn't want to make this about a bunch of strong people from strong backgrounds like the cast in TWD. The cast on the original are quick to whip out a weapon and slaughter the walkers with no hesitation. I think that if this family wasn't so dysfunctional then it may make it extremely boring. 

I'm still going to watch it and see how this plays out. I don't believe I will ever like it just as much as I do TWD but I am willing to hang in there to get me to October. There are not too many shows on tv that I like as much as TWD so not liking FTWD as much is no different for me than watching others shows that don't compare. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:50 pm

I posted on this thread by mistake.  I'll take my response to FTWD.  Sorry.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:41 am

Oct 11th seems so far away.     Crying
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top