DWTS Third Week

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Third Week - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS Third Week

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 pm

USN wrote:I think this season has the biggest group of bad dancers, than any other one.

I totally agree. Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 pm

That is too bad. My live feed worked great tonight. Boy, I sure don't understand the judges scoring.

USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 pm

USN wrote:That is too bad. My live feed worked great tonight. Boy, I sure don't understand the judges scoring.

It was probably my computer or at first I tried to watch it on ufreetv and then I switched over to the other feed and some incoming email messed it up. I finally got my new modem tonight so I will try to switch over to it tomorrow morning.

I doubt if we will ever understand the judges scoring. I really want to see Kellie and Derek's dance - I don't even know what dance they did! All I saw was their scores.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Kellie and Derek danced the jive. They were really good. They had the best dance tonight.

I can't get freetv anymore. I think ABC may have put a block on it.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Okay, okay, calm down SLA. I am here! Was so far behind from all the note taking that I didn't post during show only when it started.
First of all, tonight (and i know USN doesn't agree) the judges scoring was accurate and fair for the most part. The problem is that there is a bog gap when they use whole numbers. I realy preferred the season with the half scores. When I watch them i use half scores. The judges usually match me or are within a half a point.
Tonight, Ingo should have gotten a half point highr or at least one eight. Zendays should have had 8.5 or at least one nine. And Jacoby definitely should have had some nines. I gave him nine. He dwas smoldering hot and excellent. Vicotr should have had a half point lower. I say that I agree with the judges because sometimes they are really unfair or more way off than tonight.
to be continued...just want to get thsi tidbit off for those who aare waiting (yes, SLA I know YOU are)
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Here's Catherine outfit tonight. I'm not loving it. I thought Sean was better last week, but still looked cute, energetic, trying hard and much better than DL and Wynona.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 pm

grace8136 wrote:Here's Catherine outfit tonight. I'm not loving it. I thought Sean was better last week, but still looked cute, energetic, trying hard and much better than DL and Wynona.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am not crazy about it but she is so cute she would look good in a paper sack.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

victorian3 wrote:Okay, okay, calm down SLA. I am here! Was so far behind from all the note taking that I didn't post during show only when it started.
First of all, tonight (and i know USN doesn't agree) the judges scoring was accurate and fair for the most part. The problem is that there is a bog gap when they use whole numbers. I realy preferred the season with the half scores. When I watch them i use half scores. The judges usually match me or are within a half a point.
Tonight, Ingo should have gotten a half point highr or at least one eight. Zendays should have had 8.5 or at least one nine. And Jacoby definitely should have had some nines. I gave him nine. He dwas smoldering hot and excellent. Vicotr should have had a half point lower. I say that I agree with the judges because sometimes they are really unfair or more way off than tonight.
to be continued...just want to get thsi tidbit off for those who aare waiting (yes, SLA I know YOU are)

You know me too well already vic3!

USN UFreeTV did have DWTS but it kept getting stuck or something. I'll just watch it in 11 minutes anyway - no biggy!
👅
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm

That is weird.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm

My first thought was Mickey Mouse Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 pm

sdreindeer wrote:My first thought was Mickey Mouse Laughing

LOL! It does kind of look like Mickey's ears on her top but gin is right she is so cute she could wear a sack and get away with it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Kellie Jive My score 9. Judges 898 I think she will win (or should). Every week she just proves to be incredible. Can't believe she didn't dance for most of her life. She really "feels" it; her footwork is great and very clean. Perfect timing. Correct flicks etc. She really sends off SPARKS!

Victor Contemporary My score 7. Judges 878 He did do a very good job but it was more in the partnering of Lindsay rather than his own dancing. Now that was really her doing as she is the choreographer. He was powerful and did a really good job of executing all the lifts. I kept watching Lindsay (and the girl is supposed to bethe picture with the man as the frame) but I needed to be drawn to watching him a little more. That's because he was mainly partnering and not so much dancing...hence my 7. He did look good and make strides from last week. he came across gentle and strong. Don't think he'll be in the bottom two.

Ingo Paso Doble My score 7.5 Judges scores 777. He did a decent job. He showed strength and power. Sometimes his moves just did not look authentic but rather forced or phony. Hard to explain. Just not natural. Of course, this whole dance does not look natural but when done correctly it is sensual and powerful. He needed some refinement in his footwork and attitude. Judges don't seem to be too keen on him but I have some hope...

Lisa Viennese Waltz My score 6.5-7 (unsure) Judges scores 777. Well, it was a bit better than last week. She is just unsure. Don't know if she has trouble remembering the steps or misses cues. She just seems to depend on Gleb too much and holds back for half a beat in many cases. This looks odd. He is extending his arm, and then half a beat later she does it. She is unsure of herself and the steps and hangs onto him. At times, it is sad that she just looks lost. She might be in the bottom two tomorrow but possibly will be saved because of two people who were worse...well, maybe not worse technically but scorewise.

DL Salsa My score 5.5 Judges scores 655. When I saw him in the group dance in the beginning, I posted that he looked like a robot--in fact was doing a bit of that dance..but no fun, no freedom. no movement and it was a freestyle--time to shine. Foreboding moment. Now we see his dance and again, he is not really moving. He is doing a dance that goes with the song but not salsa. My notes say (did jazzmatazz and soul with a side of basic salsa hold the hips). Len said "not a salsa, no hip action" There was no Latin motion. No sign of salsa except for a few times when he did the basic step without any feeling; yet, I know he tried and put in effort. He might be out tomorrow.

Zendaya Viennese Waltz My score 9 (could be 8.5) Judges scores 888.She moved, traveled fluidly. This is essential in the VW. It was beautiful. She had nice extensions, good footwork, the head placement was mostly correct,and it was FAST!!! She kept up with Val and didn't look the way Lisa does. She was a partner to Val, and not being dragged around. Nice job.
Let me get this off ...I know you are waiting.Wink

Last edited by victorian3 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Sean Cha Cha My score 7 Judges scores 777. he has such a good attitude and it is always fun to watch him. He loks cute too. In rehearsal his pelvic thrusts and hip wiggles are sexy and cute. yet, in the dance, when the Latin motion is needed, his pelvis and hips leave town. Thet do not come through in the dance moves. Not sure why he has trouble with this. probalby too much for him to remember and the music keeps going. If you stop to think about something then you are a beat behind. He seems to prefer(probably not consciously)to just get all the steps down and not miss any rather than focusing on doing them with the needed refinement/ correct form and then maybe missing a beat--that would throw him off. At one point he was slightly off in where he should have been standing and Peta almost fell into him right before the dip (near the beginning of the dance). The routine was so entertaining. He's got energy and isn't going anywhere this week.

Alexandra Viennese Waltz (also) My score 8. Judges scores 788. Nice choreography. Mark is good at that like his parents were (are). The backward floating moves were beautiful. The extensions were elegant. It was smooth, and fluid. This is a fast dance and one wrong step could trip your partner. She performed it well. No obvious mistakes. Shes very good but I think Kellie is still the frontrunner.

Wynonna Samba My score 5. Judges scores555. Poor Wynonna. I am screaming at the tv (MOVE!!! LET LOOSE!!! ). She is so bland. Tony tried so try. He looked fantastic as a rocker. I like him better this way:) . Wynonna looked cute but then she just basically stands there barely moving. She will do this no matter what the danc;. evem without dance experience,, one can move. The samba is a carnival dance. it is fun, lively, almost wild and has a jumping motion with lots of hip action,. Len even said it point black "You look magnificent but don't move!" Carrie says it was a "whisper". To me it seemed like DL and Victor and Lisa all tried but Wynonna didn't. She may have tried in HER way which seems to be learning the steps as best she can, but minus any movement. I love how when Len voiced his thoughts and added "I don't want to be nasty; I know how hard this is" and Tony defended her by saying "no, you don't". Tony said that he's happy that she shows up every day and tries her best. If that truly is her best then power to her but I think she could go this week unless Andy, DL's or Victor's fans let them down ( and again, that is if this show isn't rigged--there's always that possibility).
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I thought Aly should have received all 8's. Kellie should have received all 9's. I also thought Victor, Andy, Lisa, and DL were scored too high.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Andy ChaCha My score 6,actually 6- which could translate to 5.5 Judges scores 666. Again in rehearsal he had meltdown complete with tears. After reading about him on wikipedia it is harder for me to feel empathy than before I read up on hi, Nevertheless that does not interfere in any way with my scoring or opinions. Her outfit stole the show and I kept watching her. That was one snazzy skin tight leathery outfit. There wa sno Latin motion on his part. To be honest, I will be letting you all down here, but I really didn't write anything else about him and can't even accurately recall the routine other than Sharna's outfit. He isn''t sexy, doesn't dance well, and his dance last week was better. It could be him this week as I said before. If not, soon.

Jacoby (HOT--couldn't wait to say that). Rhumba My score 9. Judges scores 888. Again, HOT. He reminded me of some of those fabulous contemporary dancers in" So You Think You Can Dance" and also of the male dancers in the Alvin Ailey Dance Troupe which I saw in NYC. He was shirtless, powerful, and seeing those muscles and his arm extensions was just beautiful.. Like poetry...Carrie Ann was drooling saying hot, sensual and incredible artistry. It was. His posture was amazing. He has made great progress and I think he should have scored 9's. Wow...
One last thought-if Wynonna had been partnered with Val she would have looked even worse. His style is more like Maks' and Wynonna would have lost in the dust. At least Tony tries to not outdance his partners.

Well, that's all folks. (Wasn't there a cartoon character that stuttered those words at the end of each cartoon?)

Last edited by victorian3 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:49 pm

USN wrote:I thought Aly should have received all 8's. Kellie should have received all 9's. I also thought Victor, Andy, Lisa, and DL were scored too high.
That's what I said. In that i agree with you. I just meant that the judges were not really far off this time. Sometimes they score as if they are trying to influence the public.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:11 am

Oh I agree with you, Vic., especially your last statement. I think what frustrates me the most is when the scores don't reflect the critiques.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What a great critique again vic3. I don't know why Wynonna doesn't even look like she is putting any effort into it ~ I don't know why she is even there, didn't she know what she was signing up for. Andy's dance if you can even call it that was pathetic - he looked awful to me! I think it should be Wynonna or Andy that go home this week. Kellie is still my favorite!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:15 am

USN wrote:Oh I agree with you, Vic., especially your last statement. I think what frustrates me the most is when the scores don't reflect the critiques.
I know, right? Like Jacoby--glowing comments then three 8s.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 am

SLA44 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What a great critique again vic3. I don't know why Wynonna doesn't even look like she is putting any effort into it ~ I don't know why she is even there, didn't she know what she was signing up for. Andy's dance if you can even call it that was pathetic - he looked awful to me! I think it should be Wynonna or Andy that go home this week. Kellie is still my favorite!
You know I really did it mainly for you scarecrow...
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:29 am

victorian3 wrote:
USN wrote:Oh I agree with you, Vic., especially your last statement. I think what frustrates me the most is when the scores don't reflect the critiques.
I know, right? Like Jacoby--glowing comments then three 8s.

Exactly!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:31 am

This was an edit.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 am

USN wrote:This was an edit.
What was an edit. And who is the winner. Jacoby or us?
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 am

I accidentally posted the same post twice. HA!! You are, of coarse!!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 am

USN wrote:I accidentally posted the same post twice. HA!! You are, of coarse!!
I didn't see anything posted twice... but, hey, if I am the winner, well, thank you very much. I graciously accept this nomination on behalf of world peace.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top