DWTS Second Week

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello everyone!!! It's that time again. My how time flies. Setting this up in case someone has a thought they'd like to share tonight. Not sure how many of you are east coasters but I know I will be seeing DWTS ahead of most of you...let's make that in 18 minute to be exact.
Tonight's scores and viewer's votes will be combined with last weeks. We shall see if some of the underdogs have improved. Again, remember that the judges dosometimes try to influenmce the voting.
My comments will probably be a lot shorter this week. I expect the dancing to be similar to last week's as no one drastically changes from week to week. However, there definitely is a different kind of movement and posture needed for Latin dances than there is for the smooth. Sometimes a person can be a lot better at one than the other.
Okay ttyl. Hugs.


Last edited by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Hey thereVic! Nice to see you! Hope your day is going well.

For those on the west coast, the live feed is working, so far.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm

USN wrote:Hey thereVic! Nice to see you! Hope your day is going well.

For those on the west coast, the live feed is working, so far.

Which live feed?
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm

This one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

USN wrote:Hey thereVic! Nice to see you! Hope your day is going well.

For those on the west coast, the live feed is working, so far.
HELLOOOOOO USN.. Good to see you, too. Go back and read my week one critiques in the other sub thread. See you later.
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Helloooooo Vic!! I did read them last week, and enjoyed them.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dorothy

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

OMGoodness!! Poor Dorothy is totally botching her routine and it is NOT just because she is in pain. Looks like she just never got it down pat. Feel badly for her. I only watched half; going back to see the other half.
For the record, Ingo deserved higher from carrie Anne. He did a very difficult Quickstep. I couldn't learn that routine in a week and I dance so I give him Kudos. he looks like a contender now!
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm

USN wrote:This one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks but it doesn't seem to want to work for me, I'll have to wait until 8:00 pm PDT to watch.
No
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Jacoby!!! WOW!!! Improved and lots of fun. Watch him closely.
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 pm

SLA44 wrote:
USN wrote:This one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks but it doesn't seem to want to work for me, I'll have to wait until 8:00 pm PDT to watch.
No

Sorry to hear that. It freezes a lot for me, but that's ok. I'll just watch it again at 8.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Sorry you gals can't watch with me but you'll see it all soon.
Update:
Victor did a Jive minus all the required bounce which is the whole dance basically. However, he didn't mess up the routine.
Wynnona, likewise, remembered her whole Quickstep but it was way too quick of a dance for her so Tony slowed it down---too slow. Len said the engine was turned on but couldn't get out of second gear. It was too careful but done correctly.
Now we are up to Zendaya who will probably be great again. Let me go see. Still behind by 15 minutes.
So far highest scores for Ingo and lowest for Dorothy.


Last edited by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 pm

victorian3 wrote:Sorry you gals can't watch with me but yo;'ll see it all soon.
Update:
Victor did a Jive minus all the required bounce which is the whole dance basically. However, he didn't mess up the routine.
Wynnona, likewise, remembered her whole Quickstep but it was way too quick of a dance for her so Tony slowed it down---too slow. Len said the engine was turned on but couldn't get ou tof second gear. It was too careful but done correctly.
Now we are up to Zendaya who will probalby be great again. Let me go see. Still behind by 15 minutes.
So far highest scores for Ingo and lowest for Dorothbl

It's okay vic3, I will watch it at 8:00 pm PDT ~ I got to see some it but it was really broken up so I missed so much. How did you think Sean did?
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Well, SLA, I was really impressed with Sean. He did a routine about a lifeguard saving a girl from a shark. His kicks were good (though erratic) and he did keep his fee directly under him. He makes the cutest faces and just seems so pleasant. It was a fun routine. You'll enjoy it.
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:55 pm

victorian3 wrote:Well, SLA, I was really impressed with Sean. He did a routine about a lifeguard saving a girl from a shark. His kicks were good (though erratic) and he did keep his fee directly under him. He makes the cutest faces and just seems so pleasant. It was a fun routine. You'll enjoy it.

I hope so and how did Kellie Pickler do? She was my favorite last week because I just think 16 is too young to be on the show and besides that Zendaya is a dancer anyway even if it is hiphop she still has dance experience others do not have.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

KELLIE

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Well, SLA, I was really impressed with Sean. He did a routine about a lifeguard saving a girl from a shark. His kicks were good (though erratic) and he did keep his fee directly under him. He makes the cutest faces and just seems so pleasant. It was a fun routine. You'll enjoy it.

I hope so and how did Kellie Pickler do? She was my favorite last week because I just think 16 is too young to be on the show and besides that Zendaya is a dancer anyway even if it is hiphop she still has dance experience others do not have.
FANTASTIC!!! Kellie has incredible flexibility and beautiful extensions. She did an amazing modern jazz routine and was very impresive. As I said last week, she could definitely win this competition.
Zendaya is her main competition at this point though there are a few others who are up and coming. They just need to up and come quickly to catch up to kellie. I prefer kellie over Zendaya tonight. Did NOT agree with judges scores for Zendaya. Wel;l, I agreed with Len..it was 989 (Carrie, Len, Bruno).
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I thought Kellie was fantastic, too!
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Well, SLA, I was really impressed with Sean. He did a routine about a lifeguard saving a girl from a shark. His kicks were good (though erratic) and he did keep his fee directly under him. He makes the cutest faces and just seems so pleasant. It was a fun routine. You'll enjoy it.

I hope so and how did Kellie Pickler do? She was my favorite last week because I just think 16 is too young to be on the show and besides that Zendaya is a dancer anyway even if it is hiphop she still has dance experience others do not have.
FANTASTIC!!! Kellie has incredible flexibility and beautiful extensions. She did an amazing modern jazz routine and was very impresive. As I said last week, she could definitely win this competition.
Zendaya is her main competition at this point though there are a few others who are up and coming. They just need to up and come quickly to catch up to kellie. I prefer kellie over Zendaya tonight. Did NOT agree with judges scores for Zendaya. Wel;l, I agreed with Len..it was 989 (Carrie, Len, Bruno).

I just saw Ingo (Sp?) so his quick step - I don't think Carrie Ann likes him for some reason!
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm

I felt bad for Dorothy tonight.

avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm

USN wrote:I felt bad for Dorothy tonight.


Yes what happened it looked like she forgot her steps half way through the dance. Pale
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

That's what I was saying about the judges influencing the viewers. Carrie, however, does nitpick a lot. So does Len, but what len says is almost always correct--though the audeience boos. He knows his ballroom stuff. After Carrie's comment I rewatched the routine. Ingo's shoulders were down and he seemed hunched AT THE SAME TIME that his partner was doing so. Ttherefore, it was part of the routine. .
Perosnally, I think Ingodid very well and I wrote in my notes "he's a contender". The Quickstep is a very difficult dance. it is very quick, complicated, and requires incredible stamina. That is one dance that I can't really do. When I took a class on it, I saw how hard it is and how winded one can become. The steps are especially difficult because it is VERY easy to trip up your partner and one of you or both will literally fall down. This dance is not something you can just do with someone that you haven't danced with before. Ingo's version contained difficult steps and it was quite ambitious for week two. He definitely should not have received a 6 at all. I would have given 7.5, perhaps 8. (Looks like no half scored this season. Guess the math was too complicate for them, but in actuality, you really need that half point).
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by USN on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 pm

I think she probably freaked herself out because of missing those couple of days of practice, SLA.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by victorian3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

As I said before, OMGoodness Dorothy. She started off not doing well and the whole routine was like that. She did look like she forgot a lot of steps, and she was jus not getting it all. She looked awkward, too. That is something that she is not used to having been a real winner on the ice. Must be mortifying[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

I loved Kellie tonight. Derek is great as a choreographer. Whenever Derek has a super good dancer he goes out of the box with his routines. I thought Sean did much better tonight and felt really bad for Dorothy. What the heck happened with her anyway??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

victorian3 wrote:As I said before, OMGoodness Dorothy. She started off not doing well and the whole routine was like that. She did look like she forgot a lot of steps, and she was jus not getting it all. She looked awkward, too. That is something that she is not used to having been a real winner on the ice. Must be mortifying

She also seemed really insecure.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DWTS Second Week

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 pm

USN wrote:I think she probably freaked herself out because of missing those couple of days of practice, SLA.

That's too bad but I don't think she will get voted off this week but stranger things have happened on this silly show.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum