TEAM DANCES - Week 7

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TEAM DANCES - Week 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: TEAM DANCES - Week 7

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:23 pm

DiscoDiva92 wrote:These are the dance styles and songs for week 7. (could be wrong):

Bindi and Derek – Argentine Tango (Song:  “Cry Little Sister” by Gerard McMann)

Nick and Sharna – Argentine Tango (Song: “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence)

Carlos and Witney – Paso Doble (Song: “O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)” by Carl Orff)

Alek and Lindsay – Viennese Waltz (Song: “Haunted” by Beyonce)

Tamar and Val – Foxtrot (Song: “People Are Strange” by The Doors)

Hayes and Emma – Waltz (Song: “Once Upon a Dream” by Lana Del Rey)

Andy and Allison – Paso Doble (Song: “The Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson)

Alexa and Mark – Paso Doble (Song: “Hora Zero” by Rodrigo y Garbriela)
   Thanks DiscoDiva..............The songs seem pretty reasonable for the dances....except maybe Aleks, not sure about that one.......................When I saw the name of Bindis song I thought  oh dear..is this going to be  a sad AT, ..........then I listened to the song... Shock   haha  wrong!!!..............I love the song Nick has.......does anyone remember TeamPasoDoble with Maks&Hope, Derek&Ricki and Cheryl&Rob? This was the song they used and that has always been one of my favorite team dances......PasoDoble at its finest!!   ......imo Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:32 pm

I've been noticing that most times when I complain about the songs in advance, the band manages to actually produce a nice piece of music when they edit it down to 80 seconds and tweak the tempo, so they may yet do right by Alek with that song.  It has possibilities.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 pm

lol... Even Derek prefers the music that the other team got.  He mentioned it in his blog today.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-derek-hough-week6-blog-bindi-irwin/
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm

kincaid53 wrote:...I love the song Nick has.......does anyone remember TeamPasoDoble with Maks&Hope, Derek&Ricki and Cheryl&Rob? This was the song they used and that has always been one of my favorite team dances......PasoDoble at its finest!!   ......imo Very Happy
That song is an evergreen on the show! Maks used it again for the trio Paso with Kirstie and Tristan. Wonder what an AT to this song might look like, but Sharna will pull it off!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Team Nightmare was amazing!!! Love the concept and it was fun to watch.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:55 pm

I was very underwhelmed with Team Who are you going to call. There was no doubt that Team Nightmare won the team dance.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Team Nightmare were perfect, tight, in sync, very watchable and entertaining. I'm with DD, Who You Gonna Call was underwhelming. I think I have seen that Derek choreography a hundred times.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Lesallee wrote:Team Nightmare were perfect, tight, in sync, very watchable and entertaining. I'm with DD, Who You Gonna Call was underwhelming. I think I have seen that Derek choreography a hundred times.
Derek phoned it in. I'm so glad he was knocked off his perch. Still, someone from the opposing team was eliminated. Sigh.

Team Nightmare was awesome. One of the best synchronization ever performed by a team and there was a lot of synchro work. The choreography was so fun and I loved the song. This team really outdid themselves.

luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Yès, it does seem like Derek phoned it in. But his sister deemed it perfect! 

With those two awesome choreographers, Sharna and Val, Team Nightmare just killed that dance leaving the Who You Gonna Call group in the dust.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:35 pm

DiscoDiva92 wrote:I was very underwhelmed with Team Who are you going to call. There was no doubt that Team Nightmare won the team dance.

I agree.  But I have to give credit to Carlos and Witney for the hoverboard lift.  That could have ended badly! 

Kudos to Bindi for stepping up and owning the sync error.   The girl's got class.

Had to laugh at Bindi's version of trash talking to the other team... "You're gonna go out there.. and... do a really good job!"

Very happy that we don't have to listen to the "Derek has never lost a team dance" line again.  Though I suppose next season's line will be "Can Derek make a comeback?" 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:11 am

Team Nightmare was fantastic!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Everything about Team Nightmare was brilliant!!  Each celeb...the choreography, the costumes....well just the whole production!!! Applause Bow

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I just watched the team dances again and the girls being out of sync were minor to me......the blatant flub was Alexa when she went into hold with Mark and he had his arm out straight and she went down low then towards his waist and he just kept his hand where it was suppose to be until she finally found the right hand hold...............her crying and insecurities are not helping me to want her to stay.   I personally would rather see Carlos till the end.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:09 pm

I have read that Alek messed up too. So there were numerous flubs that Julianne failed to see, hence her 10. Maybe she needs her contacts prescription strengthened. And that 10 wasn't for artistic impression because it was a bit of a mish mash. 

That choreography for Team Nightmare was outstanding. The very tight and syncopated table routine screamed Allison - she loves incorporating tables into her dances. It just shows how good Allison can be when she is in her element like that production, show dance that was Team Nightmare's offering.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:20 pm

I agree.   Allison is really continuing the flow that Sharna started with Andy....I would not be surprised to see him in the finals.....reminds me of Donald ...slow and steady won that race!!
   As far as Julianne goes I think it was a little like Maks giving Bindi a 10 when she danced with Val.....was it really a 10 dance........I don't think so, but like he said before he said his score..."because I can"...that's kind of the impression I got with JH. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:42 pm

kincaid53 wrote:--cliped--
   As far as Julianne goes I think it was a little like Maks giving Bindi a 10 when she danced with Val.....was it really a 10 dance........I don't think so, but like he said before he said his score..."because I can"...that's kind of the impression I got with JH. 

She said she couldn't see what the other judges saw with the smoke.  Other folks seem to concur that the visibility problem was bad.  He wasn't even able to see Bindi when they smoked the ghosts.  So I think we have to at last see that as a factor.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 am

kincaid53 wrote:I just watched the team dances again and the girls being out of sync were minor to me......the blatant flub was Alexa when she went into hold with Mark and he had his arm out straight and she went down low then towards his waist and he just kept his hand where it was suppose to be until she finally found the right hand hold...............her crying and insecurities are not helping me to want her to stay.   I personally would rather see Carlos till the end.
Yes, I saw that too on rewatch. Very blatant and I'm surprised I didn't spot it when the show was on live. It happened so fast but still....very blatant. I can not believe Julianne didn't see that flub. Come on, Julianne....that team did not deserve a 10 and you know it.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 am

Lesallee wrote:....... The very tight and syncopated table routine screamed Allison - she loves incorporating tables into her dances. .....
Allison performed in this routine as a sub to one of the contestants who was injured. Take a look at the similarity. Click on YouTube" to view there.....

luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top