TEAM DANCES - Week 7 Empty TEAM DANCES - Week 7

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:40 am

The teams have been picked for the Halloween team dances:

Team   "Who You Gonna Call?"   Song "Ghostbusters Theme"

Bindi & Derek
Alexa & Mark
Carlos & Witney
Alek & Lindsey

Team "Nightmare".  Song "This is Halloween" from "The Nightmare before Christmas". (see below)

Nick & Sharna
Tamar & Val
Andy & Allison
Hayes & Emma

Last edited by Psychee22 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Inserting team names)
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

TEAM DANCES - Week 7 Empty Re: TEAM DANCES - Week 7

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 am

Is anyone else tired of that song from Ghostbusters?  I think they could have picked a more original song.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:34 pm

The producers choose two songs and get them legally cleared. The teams get one or the other. If Bindi got first pick of people, Nick would have gotten first pick of songs. So the other song might be better. We just don't know what it is yet.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm okay with Ghostbusters since I haven't seen it performed in quite awhile.  With Derek, Mark, Witney, and Lindsay on the same team I wonder if they will follow the movie or instead put a unique spin on it.  I hope both teams go all out with the costumes and sets.  Spooky Bom Bom is one of my all time favorite team dances.   Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:36 pm

So the husband and wife are on the same team - isn't that sweet?   No

Sorry but I am just a bit tired of this husband and wife spin or whatever you call it on this show.  This is not a couples competition - it is an individual competition.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I wonder if the men will be dressed up as Ghostbusters and the women dressed as ghosts.  But whatever they do, with Mark on the team, I'm sure the costumes will be original and fantastic.

Hey... maybe Bindi will get a visit from her fellow Ozzie Chris Hemsworth, who will be in the next Ghostbuster movie as secretarial eye candy. 

Oh well, I can dream...  Crazy
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Or since the upcoming reboot of the franchise features an all-female Ghostbuster team maybe they will take that approach and the guys will be the ghosts?  A visit from Chris in the audience would be cool too!   Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:20 pm

I've just inserted the song for Nick's team.  It's a very good one for Halloween!  I think they got the pick of the litter with that one.

I expect the wardrobe mavens to go wild with Tim Burton-esque costumes.  I recall the one that they put on Emma for Spooky Bom-bom.  I loved it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:01 am

Pray tell what is the dance genre these teams will be dancing to in this childish venture? How does this nonsense make any individual hone and showoff their dancing skills? Rolling Eyes

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:34 pm

bluechipdude wrote:Pray tell what is the dance genre these teams will be dancing to in this childish venture? How does this nonsense make any individual hone and showoff their dancing skills? Rolling Eyes

As you probably already know, the teams have Freestyled the team dances for several seasons now.  I would think that they would do so this season as well.  I guess you are one of the purists in the audience, looking for classical ballroom dancing, but I think you will only find snippets of ballroom elements in the team dances now.  The rest is pure entertainment through clever choreography and costuming, I think.  I love the team dances! They always make me smile.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:12 pm

SLA44 wrote:So the husband and wife are on the same team - isn't that sweet?   :no:
There are also two sets of BFFs on this team......

Derek and Mark
Witney and Lindsey

Frankly, I don't think the other team has a snowball's chance in hell to take this.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm

luvthepros wrote:

Derek and Mark
Witney and Lindsey

Frankly, I don't think the other team has a snowball's chance in hell to take this.
Nothing changes does it, luv? Predictable as always.  Pull hair
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Lesallee wrote:Nothing changes does it, luv? Predictable as always.  :pull hair:
Yup!
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Just my opinion, but...

1.  The pros on Team Nightmare might not be able to complete eachother's sentences, but they are by no means slouches in the creativity department. 

2.  The stars they have to work with are all capable of good dancing.  There isn't a bad dancer in the bunch.

3.  They have been given a very good song with infinite spooky creative possibilities.

4.  Sure, they don't have Derek's obsessive attention to detail and precision, nor his track record of doing creative things to small nuances in the music, but these pros have other strengths that they can bring to the task.

5.  It might be a long shot to imagine them getting a better score than Bindi's team, but I don't think it is difficult to imagine them earning a tie score. 

So I don't think the writing's on the wall... I think we are going to see some fine entertainment from both teams.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:42 pm

luvthepros wrote:
SLA44 wrote:So the husband and wife are on the same team - isn't that sweet?   No

Derek and Mark
Witney and Lindsey

I was thinking the same thing about the other team - maybe they will surprise everyone.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:47 pm

TEAM DANCES - Week 7 DWTS%20teams_zps4ha03by3
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Just a thought here, and I could be wrong.  The team dances in the past that have been led by Derek tended to include a certain amount of precision ballroom.  I think part of it was to please Len in case he had to be the tiebreaker.  Now that Len is not here, will that have any affect on the team dance choreography that we will see on Monday?  From both teams?
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:42 pm

There's no need for a tiebreaker.  Last season, both teams got the same score.

I take your point about pros attempts to cater to Len's desire to see classical ballroom, though.  You could be spot on in your guess that we might see less ballroom when he is absent.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:34 am

Psychee22 wrote:
bluechipdude wrote:Pray tell what is the dance genre these teams will be dancing to in this childish venture? How does this nonsense make any individual hone and showoff their dancing skills? Rolling Eyes

As you probably already know, the teams have Freestyled the team dances for several seasons now.  I would think that they would do so this season as well.  I guess you are one of the purists in the audience, looking for classical ballroom dancing, but I think you will only find snippets of ballroom elements in the team dances now.  The rest is pure entertainment through clever choreography and costuming, I think.  I love the team dances! They always make me smile.
One could argue that last week was freestyle and was almost team like with the contestants working with the company dancers. Such was the case of Rythm Nation where Tamar and the team where all dressed in dark colors pressed together with the lighting turned down doing very simple steps. After rewatching the easiest way to tell who Tamar was, the one with the ponytail sticking out of the baseball cap.The dancers were all pros so it was easy for them to appear to be in sync with her, being behind her. I don't mind one week for being frivolas but not more. What have we got left after next week, 2 weeks or 3. I think it would be nice to see more ballroom dancing which can also make us smile. BTW does anybody how the ratings have been this season?

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

You can keep up with the ratings by going to the DWTS season 21 Wikipedia page.  The ratings are listed at the bottom.  It looks like they had more viewers last Monday than the previous Mondays, with the exception of the season opener.  It looks like they are holding their own with the younger viewers.  Also, the numbers listed today will be increased to account for late viewers, I think.   The numbers for the Tuesday episodes, though, aren't so sweet.

The team dances aren't the only dances next week.  The couples also have to do their own ballroom dances, so you'll get to see some ballroom. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:25 am

I've lost track.  Are they only going to be doing Halloween themed dances next week?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:31 am

The Team dances are definitely Halloween-themed, and so far, the few songs that are known of the individual dances all seem like they could fit in that same mold.  So, I'm guessing yes.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:30 pm

These are the dance styles and songs for week 7. (could be wrong):

Bindi and Derek – Argentine Tango (Song:  “Cry Little Sister” by Gerard McMann)

Nick and Sharna – Argentine Tango (Song: “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence)

Carlos and Witney – Paso Doble (Song: “O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)” by Carl Orff)

Alek and Lindsay – Viennese Waltz (Song: “Haunted” by Beyonce)

Tamar and Val – Foxtrot (Song: “People Are Strange” by The Doors)

Hayes and Emma – Waltz (Song: “Once Upon a Dream” by Lana Del Rey)

Andy and Allison – Paso Doble (Song: “The Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson)

Alexa and Mark – Paso Doble (Song: “Hora Zero” by Rodrigo y Garbriela)
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Oh wow.  Hayes has a fantastic song!  I've loved that song since I was three, and this is a modern, haunted version of it.  Tchaikovsky music can't be beat when you're looking for music for a waltz. 

And wow again.. Carlos and Witney -- O Fortuna?  Drama, tension, spooky devil-is-coming-music.  That's going to be great, too!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 am

It's going to be a great dance week ... lots of Paso's ... Very Happy
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down