Project Runway  - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post by singlyme Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I'll see you then.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 am

They just finished the runway show. I didn't like much of any designers collection and was really disappointed with Ashley's. Down right horrible
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:01 am

Oh well. There's always next year.

Off to bed. This went much too long and there's work tomorrow. Hope you are happier than I am right now. See you tomorrow
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:55 am

Hi, moo.  Not happy.  I actually preferred Edmond's to any of the others.  His desligns inspire me to go on a diet.  lol.

I think the judges were happy to jump on the plus sizes, though I found half of Ashley's clothes matronly, the other half too revealing for chunky legs and midriffs.  There's definitely a market for sizes 12 and up. At least her models looked happy to be there.  I noticed that many of the other models looked miserable or angry.  What was up with that?

Bottom line:  There's nothing in Ashley's line I would wear - even if I were young.

The extra half hour was so obviously added for more commercials.  Six minutes of show, followed by eight minutes of commercials.   That was ridiculous.  I thought the guy from Lexus was going to give them (at least, the winnter) the cars.  Who gave a crap to drive up in one, then give it back?  Cheap commercial for Lexus.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:28 pm

singlyme wrote:Hi, moo.  Not happy.  I actually preferred Edmond's to any of the others.  His desligns inspire me to go on a diet.  lol.

I think the judges were happy to jump on the plus sizes, though I found half of Ashley's clothes matronly, the other half too revealing for chunky legs and midriffs.  There's definitely a market for sizes 12 and up. At least her models looked happy to be there.  I noticed that many of the other models looked miserable or angry.  What was up with that?

Bottom line:  There's nothing in Ashley's line I would wear - even if I were young.

The extra half hour was so obviously added for more commercials.  Six minutes of show, followed by eight minutes of commercials.   That was ridiculous.  I thought the guy from Lexus was going to give them (at least, the winnter) the cars.  Who gave a crap to drive up in one, then give it back?  Cheap commercial for Lexus.

I think Project Runway jumped the shark last night.  I liked Ashley earlier in the season but for me she fell flat on her face weeks ago.  I was pulling for Kelly and Edmund. 

I don't know where Heidi got that Ashley's collection was the most cohesive other than nobody - young or old, plus size or not - would wear those clothes so they were cohesive in that respect.  They were dowdy and matronly.  If any one of the looks had been created by any other designer during the season that designer would have been sent home.  They were too interested in acting like they cared for the plus size market.  I'm not plus sized but if I was I would be offended they think I would wear those clothes.

The commercials for Project Runway Junior turned me off.  I hope I find something else to do on Thursdays now.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:25 pm

I won't be watching the juniors either.  I'm kind of saturated with the runway right now.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Agree, BSkeptical. The judges were hard to have a plus sized designer win the prize. Ashley did fall flat on her face in concept and cohesion. I am a plus sized female and i would NOT wear what she sent down the runway.  Can she even make a complete shirt or a skirt/dress that you can't see through. That was underwear wrapped in lace and chiffon !! And those outrageous head pieces !

Liked Candaces black leather coat and black & red dress. Would absolutely wear either one of them. Was hoping Edmond would win but he caved. Had just that one black dress at the beginning of his runway show and Kelly was to monochrome. It all looked the same with glittered shoes.

Am usually pretty okay with the outcome of this show a few disappointments along the way but, still pretty okay with it. This year though I'm not going to forget. The judges got it wrong for sure.
Singly, I won't be watching runway Jr. either. Doesn't appeal to me

Flower
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 pm

New season begins Thursday September 15th.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 am

moo2meow wrote:New season begins Thursday September 15th.

Thank you for the heads up!
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am

Is anyone watching? 

I thought they got it right with two of the top three.  But that red and blue/white tent?  I was in agreement with the one who said it was cartoon-ish.  Not an "everyone" dress.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

Definitely not an everyone dress for sure. 

I agree with everyone about last season, what the hell were they thinking in picking her as the winner? Her clothes were hideous.

Even Tim Gunn has spoken out about how awful they were.

Anyway, PR is must see TV for me on Thursdays!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:36 am

I really liked the swim suit that one.  Classy. 

Don't remember most of the designer's names.  Too early.  Only Erin, Roberi, and Cornelius (but only because he's annoying.)

The blue print everyone raved over was meh to me.  The print didn't show well over the tv and the cover looked like a nightie.  Heidi liked the white bottom and I thought it looked tacked on to make it longer.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:52 am

The only things I liked were Mah Jing's vest and Lauren's leather jacket.  The other six designs were crap.  I was astounded when "Button" team won.  The judges loved that hideous yellow and mauve coat!  To me, the "embellishment" looked like something even a teen would find craftsy.

I was really sorry to see Alex go.  The mauve tube dress with the chest-hair (lol) that Brik and Hee-Haw made should have been the loser - but they were on the winning team.  Go figure.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:14 am

Not sure if anyone is reading these, but is it just me or are this season's group of designers basically underwhelming?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 am

I haven't been reading until you posted.  I don't remember many of the past designers.  I don't focus on them and mostly just like to see how they make the clothes and see the final products.  I watched the short recaps of the 10 most dramatic moments, whatever they call it, and I don't know all those people.  But I think you're right.  Not a lot of big personalities and then not a lot of cat fights as in past seasons, it seems.   The ones that stand out to me are the twins that are constantly helping each other and then run around like chickens with their heads cut off lol.   It's good that their work stations were physically separated last time, at least.  I haven't finished watching the last episode.  I'm interested to see how far the fashion design teacher gets this season.

I like that the whole season is about one size does not fit all.  I don't know much about fashion design and I had heard that designers notoriously like to design only for the lower end of the spectrum.  It's nice to see the show is trying to get them used to designing for all sizes, in line with the current trend out there.

I wish I could design and make my own clothes. Very Happy
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 pm

I watched the rest of this week's episode.  I didn't like the winning design very much, particularly those sleeves that cover the hands.  I liked the gold and black dress that Liris was wearing the most.  I don't like the red one with the black ruffles very much.  It reminds me of a pirate outfit.  Project Runway  - Page 2 Project-runway-best

I guess my favorite outfit of the season would be from the first episode, the white dress with the pockets, although I'd prefer it in a different color.

I guess the designs are underwhelming this season so far.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 am

skt8word wrote:I watched the rest of this week's episode.  I didn't like the winning design very much, particularly those sleeves that cover the hands.  I liked the gold and black dress that Liris was wearing the most.  I don't like the red one with the black ruffles very much.  It reminds me of a pirate outfit.  Project Runway  - Page 2 Project-runway-best

I guess my favorite outfit of the season would be from the first episode, the white dress with the pockets, although I'd prefer it in a different color.

I guess the designs are underwhelming this season so far.
I loved the black and gold dress, she looked sexy as hell in it. I was not fond of the winning design at all and yes those twins are annoying and I was hoping they would send one of them home.

I think part of my problem with this season is that usually by now I have a favorite to root for and I've usually seen a few outfits that made me go damn, that is beautiful.

Not many of those moments at all so far, most of the time it's WTF?  Giggle
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Oh, I see.  I haven't had a favorite designer in past seasons.  I just had favorite outfits or designs from what I recall.  So far, I'm hoping to see more great designs from the winner of the last challenge.  

I have sometimes been surprised at what designs the judges like.  Maybe I don't have a real eye for fashion.  But for example, the dress with the brown straps or whatever it's called going down the dress.  It reminded me of the car wash station where you drive your car through. lol.  They had to work with recycled materials, but still.... 

Project Runway  - Page 2 Z

I love the outfit with the green halter top.  The judges actually liked that one.  

Project Runway  - Page 2 Project-runway-1
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:07 am

Oh I agree, sometimes when the judges like something I just go what are they thinking/
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 pm

I want one or both of the twins gone. especially the bald headed one. Looks like she can't do any thing on her own and is in such a rush the morning of the runway show she barely finishes in time. I like the models of all sizes. About time they did this.

I liked the black & gold "evil" gown. The pants outfit was good, but not as much as the black  & gold. Someone tell me why the pink stripe was the winner
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 am

Well, the twins are gone now.  But I wish the cheating scandal involving one of the twins wasn't part of a to-be-continued.  I'm not sure it was cheating though, as far as the ruching.

The pink stripe winner, if we're thinking of the same one, I have no idea why it won.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Hope I'm not spoiling this for any one but am not pleased with the judges this season. Kenya should have gone to fashion week and Anya should have walked away with the prize. The judges raved over her things but they chose Kentaro's garbage over hers !
Second year in a row they got it wrong.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:33 am

Between the last two remaining, Kentaro and Anaya's designs, I wanted Anaya to win.  Kentaro's designs are a bit too outlandish for me, although I guess as someone implied, the runway designs are inspired and transformed into commercial designs.  I just looked at JCPenney.com and didn't see exactly the same outlandish designs.  The designs on the NY runway I would most be likely to wear were Margarita's.  I still like her design from a prior episode.  Whenever I check jcpenney.com, it's out of stock:  https://www.jcpenney.com/p/project-runway-challenge-winner-gingham-shirt-dress/ppr5007322536?pTmplType=regular .  I would probably get this one if it were in stock.

I saw on jcpenney.com a design inspired and similar to one of Kentaro's creations:  https://www.jcpenney.com/p/project-runway-season-finale-winner-tulle-pleated-maxi-skirt/ppr5007469569?pTmplType=regular&deptId=dept20000013&urlState=/g/project-runway-women/N-bwo3xZ1z0llxt&badge=new .
I kind of like it but still wouldn't buy it.  It wouldn't look good on me.

I'm bummed I missed a few episodes in the middle of the season.

Last edited by skt8word on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 am

They have a Project Runway season 16 Reunion show on Thursday, November 30.  I see the twins will be back.  The preview looks much like the drama on Bachelor shows.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Has anyone seen Project Runway season 16 Sammy's Way?  I recorded one episode but the end of it got cut off, so I tried to find it on youtube.  Here's a different one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDjtVUbFps

Tell me if you've watched it without laughing Smile
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: