Retribution

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retribution Empty Retribution

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm

I hope I'm not the only one prepared to discuss the show. What a relief to get off the ABC board!!!!!

I'm afraid I'm obsessed with the idea that Amanda isn't dead. Earlier in the season, there was an interview that said there would be a betrayal that made Em and Amanda enemies. I'm afraid I got caught up in that and refuse to believe otherwise. Pretending to be dead is a pretty big betrayal. I know I'm off the deep end with this and won't be surprised if the writers pulled a switch on me.

I thought Jack was wise to hide his true feelings from Conrad. I couldn't believe the gall of the man to show up at the hospital! But, at least, he's convinced Jack is in the dark. It'll keep him safe for now.

And Nolan. MY Nolan wouldn't endanger hundreds or thousands of lives. I'm hoping there's a worm in the Carrion program which will forward all AI files to the FBI or Homeland Security. It would be the perfect way to be rid of AI once and for all. They've really brought down the ratings with this story arc. Mr. Trask looks like he should be answering the door bell at the Addam's Family home. However, I also picture him as a Nazi with an eye patch and a cigarette in a very long holder (ala Raiders of the Lost Ark).

I couldn't believe Amanda threw away that computer. It'll probably wash up on the Grayson beach and Conrad will assume it came down the coast.

And how could anyone have identified Nate's body? Did they find a floating finger? He was sitting on top of that bomb. We never saw anyone dive into the remains of the boat like they showed on previews. Hmmm.

I'm not sure how I feel about the intro of the foster brother. We have too many threatening people as it is. I hope he proves to be an ally - but Em has enough of those, too.

I can't help but wonder if Aiden will reap consequences for doing Daniel's bidding.

Whew! I had a LOT to say. I really love this show. Anyone else? Or am I talking to myself:?:

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Retribution Empty Re: Retribution

Post by grace8136 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 pm

I finally watched the most recent episode Singly.

I don't think there is any hope that Amanda is still alive since Charlotte went to see her in the morgue. I think they had to eventually kill her off to get back to the storyline with Emily and Jack.

I think they will show the scuba diving scene with the boat when they are looking for the computer, but not sure. I think Jack would have hid the computer. I also don't think Amanda would have been able to guess the password. That seemed a bit far fetched.

The foster brother will recognize that Emily is Amanda so that is kind of interesting. Maybe he will tell Charlotte. I wish Emily would tell Jack, but I am sure they will drag that on for another season.

I think the hit and miss on when they air this show has hurt it. It's a complicated story, so they need to stop skipping weeks IMO.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 am

Do you think Conrad or AI sends the scuba crew? They've made it clear that Nate was recovered, and they supposedly Evil or Very Mad have Amanda's body. So when the scuba guy says "We have a body.", whose body? Everyone on that boat is accounted for. They showed us an arm with a wedding ring. Everyone speculated it would be Nate.

We know Jack hid the computer, but Aiden found it and gave it to Em. She, in turn, threw it off that fenced dock (or whatever you call it). It's in the ocean, but right off her backyard.

"Infinity" might have been an easy guess for Amanda, maybe a little far-fetched at "easy."

Since Em is going "Back to Basics," I'm hoping we're done with AI. Their power didn't seem far-fetched, but their omniscience was unbelievable and drove me nuts! Their ability to cause calamaties and then jump in as disaster relief providers was a really provocative idea from the writers. But I think it would've been better to leave the players of this organization in the background.

I agree the preemption of so many shows has been a ratings drain. I'm hoping they stay on the tracks through the rest of the season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 am

I watched last night of course and I am not so sure about this foster brother. Now they are adding a new twist to the show and I am not sure how I like it. What did you think of that ?

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 am

I don't like the intro of the foster brother either. And, of course, he has to be a con man.

We have Aiden set up to take the fall for the Graysons in this latest escapade. Tired of this whole arc.

We also have the intro of the "Falcon" blocking even Nolan's Carrion program. I suppose we'll meet this talented person at some point. Might be a good thing. There should be some mutual admiration between Falcon and Nolan.

I don't think Jack really accepted Nolan's explanation that Kenny Ryan bought that boat. He hugged him, but the expression was blank. He said at one point that he'd learned to lie. He has the Graysons convinced he's blind to their sins. He may turn out to be the most deceptive person on the show. Even with Em and Nolan.

Whit, I think they're trying to get back to the original Revenge premise. Padma supposedly has not been contacted by AI since she got the Carrion program. One would hope that it will be installed on AI computers and kill this whole Initiative mess. Good riddance!

The previews show Em putting a red X over the foster mother's face. It's more like the old Revenge theme. And Mason Treadwell doesn't seem any worse for wear in his prison stint. He must be writing up a storm. Can't help but anticipate what he tells Emily that causes her to smile. New ammunition on the Graysons?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Thank god the foster brother recognized her. That would have been too much to believe. I'm a little hit and miss on this show. Have they shown Emily's tattoo before? Wouldn't Jack and maybe others recognize that symbol. It's carved on her porch, right? Next week looks like a good episode.

Off topic.. Des reminds me a little of Charlotte.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am

Des and Charlotte? H-m-m-m. I'm not really seeing it. I've been impatient with the entire Charlotte/Declan relationship. Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate it. lol. They're just too juvenile. Though they have been growing them up a bit of late.

I hate to think Eli will be a new interest for her. It appeared that way. Another side road I have no desire to watch.

The writers better get their sh*t together and put this thing back on track.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 pm

There was an HBO show called The Killing that was canceled. It had the same problem Revenge is having. They have a good plot but they can't possibly extend it into more seasons. All the twist and turns are just to prolong the completion of the revenge and it gets exasperating for the viewers. I don't see how it can last much longer. I am way past ready for everyone to find out that Emily is Amanda.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm

To me, it seemed that Revenge was supposed to be a one-season gig like Harper's Island. When it turned into such a hit, it was extended for an additional two seasons. I don't think they'd written beyond the first and weren't really prepared for a way to drag it out. Hence, the whole AI fiasco.

I'm encouraged by the red X we saw in the previews. Back to business as it was intended. lol. And I'm desperately clinging to the hope Amanda is alive and in a coma, being cared for by Takeda. I agree. I'm in fantasyland.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum