Discussion Episode 11

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion Episode 11 Empty Discussion Episode 11

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Use this thread to discuss LCS, MTP, FRC and ATFR.

Last edited by SLA44 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Discussion Episode 11 Empty Re: Discussion Episode 11

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 am

Well, I had a strong gut feeling that Josh would be the one but I think CH gave it agave in the first 30 seconds of it airing last night. When he said that the one Andi didn't chose had contacted him while she was in Mexico and again at MTA because he wanted to see her and talk to her....and of course we knew the letter would be from him because that's just what he does. After all, Nick seems like the type that wouldn't let it go because he was so convinced it was him all along. Josh seems like the type that would just accept her decision and move on.

I'm curious to see what others thought. I'll be back on later. Gotta run my son to a dr's appointment. One thing I will say before I exit is this....Nick certainly dropped a bomb at ATFR. I assume when she wasn't all apologetic and she said she didn't love him that he decided to tell the world that she had sex with him, I'm assuming in the FS. On his part that WAS hitting below the belt and it WAS a private matter, that I will agree with Andi on. I'm sure he brought it up in his letter that she admitted she read. It was a real nasty thing to say on national television. As for Andi's part in it, she was dead wrong as well. You can't convince me that these leads don't know way before the time they get to the FS that they already know who they are choosing. I think Nick was a backup all along in case Josh flaked out. By that point Andi already had talked to Nick's family and to him as well and she knew how he reacted to his breakup with his ex-fiance and how he was moody for 6 months and had a total shut-down. She knew how he felt about her. For her to sleep with him under those circumstances and since she already stated she didn't fall for him was WRONG! How can these people get on there and sleep with multiple people is disgusting and nasty! I'm assuming Josh already knew about it because he came out and seemed fine. He may not have been fine with Nick spilling it to the world and may have words with him later....I'm sure bitchy Andi will, for sure LOL.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:16 am

The biggest shocker last night was the bomb Nick dropped at the ATFR.  I don't think he did it out of revenge; he seemed so devastated and nervous, even three months after Andi sent him home.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say I think this just rolled out of his mouth before he could think through what he was going to say.

Given the state of his nerves, and had I been him, I think I might have refused to appear on national TV at all, except perhaps this is part of the contract they sign.  There was no reason for Andi to talk to him the way she did; just reinforces my thoughts that she can be a royal b**** when she wants to.  Perhaps Karma will get her one of these days.

This brings up all over again the whole FS issue.  It is supposed to be a private time, and what goes on in there should not be anybody's business.  But I guess that is a naive attitude.  Andi really erred in showing all that physicality with Nick but that is the way the show is constructed.  Reminded me of Ashley and Ben.

Oh well, another one in the can, and now, until January at least, we get a vacation from TPTB.  Or maybe not, because we don't know how much manipulation there will be on BIP.

Not much yet on bachandbachettefans.  Guess later on I'll have a look-see on the motherboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:19 am

Josh may have been in the "green room," rkc - unable to hear what was being said onstage.

I agree with what you've said.  I realize the lead must keep the F2 "on the hook" for the finale.  I doubt the producers liked it when she let him go early.  He had the opportunity to question her about sleeping together at that time.  But...I suppose, being blindsided, you don't have those questions on the tip of the tongue.

I don't think Nick meant to reveal the FS.  He was stumbling over words so much, my mind said STHU.  I was truly questioning his mental health and waiting for a gun to appear.  His continued pursuit made me think he's selfish as well as unstable.  How was he not embarrassed to go on tv for his answers?  God only knows the reasons she might have given if not for some well-placed tact.

I haven't liked Andi, as you know.  Still don't.  I'm most angry at CH.  He had an air about him that projected he thought Andi made the wrong choice and he wanted to allow Nick some answers.  What answers?  "What's wrong with me?"  "Why don't you love me?"  Seriously?

This show has become so ruthless that I worry someone is going to do something stupid at the close of one of these seasons.  I may continue to keep in touch with board members, but I think I've had enough of TPTB.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

I will just say that IMO Andi had it coming to her because she refused to talk to Nick when he tried to get answers before the ATFR when she had no choice but to talk to him.  I thought she was cold towards him and she did act like a total Bi*ch.   Mad 

She had also alluded to having had sex with Juan Pablo in the FS and then turned on him.  I could never get past her sleeping with Juan Pablo so was not surprised that she did with Nick.  I'm just glad that Chris was spared that by being sent home early because I have no doubt that she would have had sex with him as well.  Rolling Eyes 

Nick has had Chris and Brian to lean on since he was not chosen and I think they have been a great help to him.  I didn't care for Nick during the show but I don't like to see anyone get used and abused like he was by Andi.   No 

I didn't care for Josh from the beginning because I felt like he was hand picked for her and it was a set up.  I actually think they belong together and I do hope that Karma catches up with her.  Yuck 

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 pm

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't know what the deal is, SLA.  I listened to some of the above videos but I get only a white screen.  H-m-m-p.

I don't have any problem with Andi getting a come-uppance but I didn't think she was cold - just didn't know how to answer him.  She made her choice, and I wish he'd left it at that.

CH wanted this to play out for ratings and it was "to hell with Nick and his feelings."  If he had any regard for him, he would have spared him the further humiliation.  Nick was tongue-tied through most of his speech and, after two months, I don't think he wanted to be there.  He alluded to as much, then stumbled through a disconnected dialogue.

I don't care for either Andi or Josh so I have no interest in the final outcome.  As a matter of fact, I think I watched the entire season out of habit.  Next season, I'll watch something else.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:28 pm

When I heard Nick drop that bomb on national TV, at first I thought I had heard something else.  We've often assumed who has slept with who but I don't believe anyone has actually admitted to it.  I have mixed feelings about saying Nick spilling that tidbit on national TV, yet on the other hand, I thought Andi deserved it to a certain extent.   What I don't understand is how Andi could profess that it was Josh all along and how much she "loves" him and then can have sex with Nick while knowing Josh will be her F1.  WTH did she have sex with him for; especially in light of knowing how devastated he was with his other break-up.  She knew how fragile he is. 

As far as Nick is concerned.....this is a couple months later and he is still this emotionally distraught and not pulled it together.  It was really pathetic watching him.  I think the guy is emotionally unstable and have to wonder if he should have even been on this show.  

Ultimately, these people going on this show know what they have signed on to.  When anyone gets as far as the F3, each and every one of them needs to be mentally prepared for being sent home....no matter how many special things the lead says to them.  They need to remember there are two other contestants that the lead is saying similar things to. 

The only thing I see with Josh and Andi is a "pretty couple".   I think Josh is a dufus and that proposal he gave was so over the top fake I could have puked. 

It seems that each season TPTB seem to take more and more pleasure out of humiliating people.  Glad this season is over.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm

I agree Nick did seem a bit uncomfortable, but wasn't there a season when the F2 opted not to be at ATFR? I'm pretty sure I remember that happening but just can't remember which.

After Nick dropped the bomb I fully expected Andi to get angered like she did at times during the season but I actually think she kept her composure even though she was obviously not pleased at what he divulged. I'm assuming Josh knows about Andi sleeping with Nick because even if he didn't know before last night and even if he was in a sound proof room, that was the big and only surprise of the night and I'm sure he would have been told by a friend or family member by now. I know that would be one of my first questions after the finale if I was him. I think she is so busy trying to tell everyone that she actually didn't know until the morning of who she was going to choose that she probably used that as an excuse with Josh as well. Do people really believe that garbage? She has contradicted herself on that issue so much that people would have to be dumb to believe it. She said that she knew she didn't love Nick and that she loved Josh from the moment he got out of the limo (let's be real, it was lust) but yet she said she didn't know who she was going to choose until the morning of? She said on Jimmy Kimmel that she had to break up with a lot of guys to get to the one she really wanted....but yet she didn't know until the morning of? Who do these people think they are kidding? If Josh is fine with it than who I'm I to argue?....I just think it's gross.

I don't think that Nick necessarily dropped the bomb to purposely get even, but he may have done it to hurt her back at that point. I don't think he accidentally said it either. When he said it I thought the same thing  SLA said in that she kept refusing to talk to him and therefore he wasn't getting any closure or to speak his peace, so she basically forced him into saying his peace on live tv. Was he wrong for saying it on ATFR? Yes, absolutely. Was he wrong for probably feeling used that she slept with him if she didn't love him back? NO! I think most people when getting dumped are hurt by the fact that someone slept with them which is a very intimate act. They ask themselves why that person would sleep with them and say things to them that lead them to believe that the person loved them if they really didn't. Andi went out of her way on many occasions to pull Nick aside and spend time with him and that is one of the reasons the guys in the house hated him so much....also the fact that he acted so cocky but that is another story. Obviously the fact that she singled him out so much, the way she spoke to him, and now of course sleeping with him it's no wonder he thought he was the one.....and that is only what we saw. I'm sure there were many, many more circumstances.

I agree with what you said, Singly about this show playing a dangerous game in pushing the issue with people that may not be emotionally stable. Nick seemed like he was in a dark place, the same as he described after his previous breakup. I remember a few years back reading about a person that was publicly shamed and embarrassed on a tv show and shortly thereafter committed suicide due to that. What a shame. Nick should have just opted out last night or not say anything of any importance. Maybe if he kept responding with a whole lot of nothing then he would have been let off the hook due to the audience being bored.

Finally, I don't know why they didn't just announce that Chris is the next Bachelor because they certainly made it very clear last night that he was. JP was announced on ATFR so what was the big deal?

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:05 pm

That's the Jenny Jones' talk show you're referring to above, rkc.  She left the air after the suicide occurred.  Everyone blamed the show.

I think Andi took her "role" in stringing along Nick and the audience over the line and into emotional abuse where he was concerned.  That being said, he exhibited two sides:  The witty and comical with his family (at dinner when the camera person knocked something off the wall) - and a darkly, somewhat disturbing side.  Perhaps both are the real Nick.  Just glad we're done with it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Singly I had to look up the Jenny Jones talk show because I had no recollection of who you were talking about.  That particular show has been labeled "Fatal Attraction".  Here is the link to that article:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20105369,00.html

Andi did string Nick and the audience over the line and into emotional abuse but was it any different than what Ashley did with Ben?  She also slept with Ben in the FS and had Ben believing he was the F1 .  I am surprised out how many people didn't think she did anything wrong.  Well I am on the same page with rkc and think they both did wrong.  While I am not a Ben or Nick fan, I still do not like to see someone get  used the way they were for the sake of TV ratings.  To me it is wrong, wrong, wrong - just wrong!!!  I am so glad that Chris left when he did and wasn't drug into the same predicament.  

I know that Des was not popular with a lot of people, including me, but at least she did not do what Andi and Ashley did.  I know some think she slept with Drew in the FS but I don't and I don't think as many do as others think.   Des did not bring Drew to MTP either like Andi and Ashley did.  The only good thing Andi did was to send Nick home before he picked out a ring and proposed which Ashley didn't do and let Ben get down on one knee.  To me that is the cruelest thing they can do to someone when they know they are sending them home.

I also agree that Nick has some emotional issues and TPTB love to get those kind of contestants and work it to the hilt.  Shame on them!!!

I too am glad that this show is over ~ I will watch Bachelor In Paradise because I really liked Marcus and want to see how things really turn out for him.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 am

Thanks for the link, SLA.  I was thinking suicide instead of murder.  Glad it's clear now.  I haven't seen or heard anything of Jenny Jones since it happened.

I, too, am glad this season is over.  There are apparently "heated discussions" in regard to the next Bach by TPTB.  Rumors on the board are Chris and Arie - now joined by a possible Nick.  None of them interest me.  It would take someone like Reid, Ames or Mickey the butcher (Brian?) to make me tune in.  Certainly, not anyone in the running.  They just keep stooping lower and lower with their story spins and the chinks they dig at.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 am

Reid is commitment-phobic.  Ames is in an industry that frowns on this type of reality-show exposure.  Mickey the butcher I hardly remember.  In my mind, that lets the three of them out.

Between Chris and Arie, I would take Chris.  There's a poll on bachandbachettefans, and Arie is the favorite.  Arie might be one of the best kissers around, but other than that, I don't know.  JMHO.

P.S.  God forbid, maybe we will end up
with someone who is "new."  Wouldn't that be a nice change???

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:48 am

I'd be happy to see a fresh face.  Just wonder if I'm so jaded at this point, I'd still be looking for plot twists and deceptive scripts.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 am

Yes, SLA...thanks for the link. I remember there was death involved on The Jenny Jones Show but it's been so many years ago I was thinking suicide. As I read it I remembered the story more clearly.

On ATFR they said they had made their decision on the new Bachelor and Chris looked like he was busting at the seams when it was said and CH patted Chris on the back when he said it. It made it pretty clear who the choice was. If contracts were signed already I doubt they will change their mind after. Arie is too much of a playboy to even settle down. There have been too many stories about him since his stint on the show. I don't think they're going to bring anyone back that was on the show too many years prior....out of sight, out of mind. And if Nick was so in love with Andi and claims to still be I doubt they would choose him either. There have been too many news stories in the last few days about people thinking he is emotionally unstable....let alone he wasn't a fan favorite.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Here is the link to an article and video where Andi and Josh talk about Nick's bomb that he dropped on ATFR.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/29/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-nick-viall_n_5631543.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:34 am

Nick was briefly on one of the talk shows yesterday morning; I was in the nail shop and didn't pay too much attention to the name of the show.  It was hosted by guys is all I can remember.  He still looked like a deer caught in the headlights.  There was some discussion about why he said what he did on national TV and I got the distinct impression he was such a nervous wreck it just came out of his mouth.  He seemed remorseful about what he had said.

Supposedly he will be on GMA this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:39 am

There are rumors that Nick's appearances are in the line of a promotional tour for his being the next Bach.

Andi said in the interview that the confrontation with Nick would always have been in front of the cameras.  It explains a lot.  I wish the producers had allowed it earlier and left the footage on the floor.  Why ruin a happy outcome to the show?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm

He was on GMA this morning and I don't know that I completely believe what he is saying.  I have almost come to the belief that he did indeed say it on purpose ~ look at the air time it has given him. 

I can't imagine TPTB even considering him for bachelor.  That would be the biggest  Sleep fest and train wreck and just what they don't need at this time.  I would not be watching the bachelor for the 2nd season in a row if he is the bachelor.  I didn't like him on Andi's season from the get go and I don't think he was all that popular with the fans and he surely isn't after the bomb he dropped on the ATFR.  Since TPTB are so worried about ratings I can't see them putting him on as the lead.  IMO he has some issues that he needs to get help with and he can't take break-ups like an adult.  I think he has some growing up to do.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 pm

I agree with you SLA. I've been thinking the same things. I don't believe that it just slipped out of his mouth. I think that he was determined to say to her what was on his mind whether the camera's were rolling or not. If she wouldn't see him than it would have to be in front of a live audience. That she slept with him seemed to be the proverbial thorn in his side. I would be more inclined to think it just slipped out if he was quickly rambling on...but, if you remember from ATFR how when he was trying to get his thoughts out, he actually hesitated a lot like he was weighing out what to say before it came out. I was becoming bored watching it because of the long delays between sentences....and then KAPOW...the bomb got dropped after a long lapse.

I also don't think he would ever be seriously considered as being the Bachelor. They pick fan favorites and he definitely wasn't one. If anyone even began to feel sorry for him after what happened it all went away and was replaced by utter disgust that he told about a very private moment on national television. I have seen nothing but bad comments about him.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Just a quick add-on to my previous post, I just watched the video's to Nick's appearance on GMA and ET and he made it clear that it didn't just slip out of his mouth. He wished he had said it in a different manor but he said he was taken aback by Andi's demeanor and that's why he said it. So basically he was pissed by how she was acting and what she was saying and that's why he dropped the bomb.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm

rkc I saw him on both of these shows and I think what he is doing is damage control now because people were so disgusted with him for what he said on live TV.  I don't trust his shifty eyes for one minute.   No  Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Oh  I have no doubt he's doing damage control now. At least he is being honest in saying he was taken aback by her demeanor and that's why he said it. He could have tried to lie his way out of it by saying it slipped out but even he knows that would be hard to pull off. I think peoples reaction to what he divulged has maybe surprised him in it's intensity. I think he believed people would feel bad for him because of how he was let go but I don't think he took into account how people would turn on him after he said they "made love" in front of the nation.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top