Couples Therapy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy Empty Couples Therapy

Post by sdreindeer Fri May 30, 2014 9:50 am

So do they really need couples therapy or is this going to be their new career?  Looks like they are each getting paid $40,000 for this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/juan-pablo-galavis-nikki-ferrell-therapy-couple-joins-new-reality-show
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy Empty Re: Couples Therapy

Post by SLA44 Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 am

So do they really need couples therapy or is this going to be their new career?  Looks like they are each getting paid $40,000 for this.
sdreindeer wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/juan-pablo-galavis-nikki-ferrell-therapy-couple-joins-new-reality-show

LOL  I saw that too and don't remember where but it said that Juan-Pablo needed the money and Nikki was just going along to get $40K as well.  I really think that is the only reason Juan-Pablo went on the Bachelor - to get a career, not that that is anything new.  But it sure makes you wonder what kind of relationship do they really have?  I read also that Courtney had something in her book that she was approached to be on that show but didn't even bring it up to Ben because she knew he wouldn't do it.  I have never seen that show but it looks like they think the couples from the Bach franchise are good candidates.  SMH 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

As long as the bach shows continue they will never be at a loss for couples therapy.  I guess it's a great spin off show. I agree, I think JP is going to try and make a career off of these kind of shows.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

JMHO but I think they are doing it for the money.  Is it any different than what SeanCat did with the Hydroxycut commercials and the free wedding?  If there is money to be made, why turn it down?

I would bet that Trista and Ryan are being paid to be on Marriage Boot Camp.  I've watched some of the episodes of that program and I would bet the couples are paid to come on there and put on a show.  I cannot imagine couples with the kind of problems they demonstrate on that show would want their horrible problems shown in public unless they were being compensated in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 am

I don't really have any interest in the shows that delve into personal lives and embarrassing issues.  I'm all for the falling in love or winning a competition.  I'm too busy with new competitions to care what they do after the "win."  Their screen time is over for me.  Gotta move along.  LOL

I guess what I'm saying is that my interest in these people is superficial.  H-m-m.  Does that make me shallow?  Or simply disinterested?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 am

singlyme wrote:I don't really have any interest in the shows that delve into personal lives and embarrassing issues.  I'm all for the falling in love or winning a competition.  I'm too busy with new competitions to care what they do after the "win."  Their screen time is over for me.  Gotta move along.  LOL

I guess what I'm saying is that my interest in these people is superficial.  H-m-m.  Does that make me shallow?  Or simply disinterested?

Not at all. l We never know if what they are doing for real, for the money, or for publicity.  Perhaps it is better, after the show ends, to let he relationship play out and not be concerned about what a couple does or does not do. JMHOFWIW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 am

The new season of "Couples Therapy" begins next week on VH1. I did see Nicky and JP in the previews, and they were having an angry moment.

The current season ended last night with the "wedding" of Shayne Lamas and her husband, whose name I have already forgotten.  I think she is as ditzy as ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:23 am

I'm sure many Bach viewers will tune in to see what's up between JP and Nikki - just so they can get on the boards and rip them apart.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 am

Yes, Singly, sad but true.  On the other hand, I'm beginning to wonder if JP is stringing Nicky along.  He should know by now whether he loves her and wants to marry her.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 am

She said on the show that if it didn't feel right, she'd leave.  I'm only mildly curious about them - nothing I'd pursue.  I don't really care once they leave the show.  I've never watched any of the weddings.

As a matter of fact, I'm trying to think back over the seasons (fuzzy memories) to whether or not I've had an "a-w-w" moment at a proposal.  Beginning with the first season I watched - Don't expect the following to be in the right order:

Jason & Melissa-Molly = Pfft
Ali & Roberto = I was hoping for Frank
Jillian & Ed = He was charming (then) but a shaky choice
Ben & Courtney = gag
Jake & Vienna = double gag
Sean & Catherine = meh
Des & Chris = meh
Ashley & JP = A little magic

I know I've forgotten some, so obviously I wasn't too thrilled at the end.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:15 pm

At the time, Byron and Mary.  I thought that was one of the best ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 pm

They were before I started watching.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I watched the first episode of the new season.  Five very different couples with five very different problems.  Were it not for JP/Nicki I would not watch this at all.  You can see JP playing his little game.  I am astounded Nicki is still hanging around with him.  Apparently she cannot see through his b***.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:56 am

I've seen a lot on the mother board about what a jerk he is.  She must see something in him.  Perhaps she's one of those women who thinks she can change a man.  Who knows?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:46 am

I don't read much on the mother board any more.  So much negativity. 

It will be interesting to see what happens during this program and if it will impact on the JP/Nikki relationship.  She is a lovely young woman and would not lack for suitors if she ends up telling JP to take a hike.  He needs to man up and stop stringing her along.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm

You're not missing anything by not reading the mother board.  The negativity is as prevalent as ever.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:00 am

I have to admit that I had never watched Couples Therapy before this season though I was familiar with the concept of the show through commercials. JP is still as much of an ass as he was before but to tell you the truth, I think Nikki is coming off worse than him on this show. Many people made excuses for her bad and bitchy behavior with the other women, especially Clare during JP's season. I've met women like her before and I knew it wasn't an act. What's with the F bomb flying out of her mouth every 2 seconds? Not very attractive for a female. If she doesn't like the camera's being around then why sign up for these filmed reality shows? Instead of smacking your own head, someone should have smacked HER in the head when she said, "I like the benefits of these shows but I don't like the camera's being around"...HUH? If that's not coming right out and admitting you're doing these shows for the money then I don't know what is! If I didn't believe before that these two are together for the money than I certainly do now. She admitted that she has no intention of moving to FL to be with him and he certainly doesn't have any intention of moving with his daughter to be with her so why even bother? $$$$$$$

The only other total head trip on this show is Jenna Jaimeson. Wow! I don't like using the term skank, but jeez! Are men so disgusting that they don't mind screwing someone that has had that many men poking her? Gross....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:59 am

I wasn't able to watch the show last night.  Anybody have a synopsis of what went on? 

I said a while back that JP and Nikki were doing this for the money.  Either what is going on is a big act or they are both dysfunctional and need to go their separate ways.  I think in the end they will break up.  Neither of them is going to move and I don't think JP has any intention of settling down with Nikki, or for that matter anyone else.  JMHOFWIW.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:00 pm

I watched it today on On Demand. Nikki is bugging the hell out of everyone in that house...even Evil Dick walked away from a conversation of hers because he couldn't take it any more. She just won't stop bitching. She broke down and cried during the group session but nothing seems to change. She just won't listen to the therapist.

Jenna Jaimeson broke don't and cried too...because she thought the therapist was yelling at her. Seriously? That woman has a nasty mouth and attitude on her.
That girl has some real mental issues.

Evil Dick revealed that he is HIV positive...the girlfriend has tested negative. He said that that is the reason he quit Big Brother. Apparently they have to go through medical tests to go on Big Brother and when his test came back positive, he quit. He said he thought he got it from a stripper in Vegas before he met the girlfriend.

This is another reason that people seem to be so irritated by Nikki. There are people on this show that have real life serious issues and Nikki constantly complains that she is tired of camera's and fans not leaving them alone. After this I don't think she will have to worry about fans because they will desert her after she revealed on this show how irritated she is by them.

Next week they are having a human lie detector on the show. Treach doesn't look happy that his woman asks the lie detector if he has cheated on her? If she is so sure he cheats on her than why does she stay? Oh well, everybody has to do what they have to do.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:09 am

OMG this show is getting worse and worse.  Thanks for the recap, rkc.  I wasn't able to watch last week. 

A human lie detector?  Now what the heck is that?

As for Evil Dick, if you sleep with strippers you are bound to get in trouble.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Apparently from the previews this person is kind of a BS detector...that may be a better term for what she is doing. LOL.

I thought the same thing when Evil Dick revealed he was HIV positive and how he thought he got it. In today's society I just don't get why people still go out and have unprotected sex with complete strangers. And if someone knows they are HIV positive and goes out and has unprotected sex with someone, then I think that should be a criminal offense. People can die from this. Maybe not as many now that there are medicinal cocktails keeping people that have it alive but it still happens. It's nothing to play with.

One of the biggest problems in the house is Nikki. Everybody is complaining about her and her attitude. The therapist is even annoyed with her. She goes to therapy sessions and does a "yes....but" thing and she doesn't seem to be listening and doing what is asked of her. She got jumped on for cursing and yelling at the staff and the therapist gave her a suggestion that she wanted her to try with JP and she didn't do it. As much as I don't like JP and his cocky manner I am actually starting to feel a little sorry for him where Nikki is concerned. LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 am

I was only able to watch part of the program last night before falling asleep.  Based on what I saw, it is no wonder that Nikki and JPG broke up.  Totally unsuited for each other; both have bad attitudes and are better off broken up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top