Team MaksimumHeat

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team MaksimumHeat - Page 3 Empty Re: Team MaksimumHeat

Post by therealdfshary Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:46 pm

I'm bummed that they were eliminated. Crying or Very sad They were better than all the men except Rashad.
I thought Boner, David or Nick would be leaving.  Darn
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 am

Heather is an exceptional dancer but that illusive connection with the viewers never happened. I don't have any idea why but lacking that "feeling" is the kiss of death on DWTS. There was a lot of backlash about her vast dance experience and some of the problem was she projected a bit of aloofness. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm

I understand about her experience but so do some others. As for her personality I thought it was fine. JMO.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 pm

I can understand the part about the aloofness and the connection not happening.  She did seem kind of distant. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 pm

I had someone at work say I was aloof lol , maybe that's why I 'connected with her'!   Come to think of it I liked the girl from Saved By the Bell and people didn't 'connect' with her.   I thought her personality was fine.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Like Peta said in their package yesterday, "The competition is about personality."  I liked Elizabeth Berkley and Heather seemed fine, but I could kind of see how the audience wouldn't warm up to them.  But then I couldn't stand Kellie Pickler and she won, so you never know. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:25 pm

It's weird however that Maks returned just in time to get the axe.
Heather's quality was noticed over here as well. People in Germany know nothing about her personality- they just enjoyed her dancing. The ones they complain about are the contestants on our own version. There you go.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Oh brother, so Twitter is up in arms over it and Maks is saying he hopes it doesn't get shoved under the rug.

She didn't get the votes so she got eliminated. She's not the first talented dancer (had too much experience in my humble opinion) to be sent home early and she sure as heck won't be the last.

There are a whole lot of worse things to worry about in this country right now.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 am

We all know that this is a popularity contest, not a dance competition! I think it's a shame that she is off as there are many more who have talent too. IMO one of the men that are still there deserved to leave waaaay before Heather!  Sad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:31 am

peebeeb wrote:Oh brother, so Twitter is up in arms over it and Maks is saying he hopes it doesn't get shoved under the rug.

She didn't get the votes so she got eliminated. She's not the first talented dancer (had too much experience in my humble opinion) to be sent home early and she sure as heck won't be the last.

You summed it up succinctly and accurately pb. Heather just did not connect with enough viewers to stay. She is probably a better dancer than any of the others but that isn't what this show is about and never has been. Anytime viewer votes determine the outcome you can expect surprises. I watch The Voice and I guarantee I smh sometimes at the people kept safe. But it is an entertainment show primarily so that's just the way it rolls.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 am

I don't think she is a better dancer than Normani though.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:37 pm

One thing I hope they do is that they'll bring back Heather and Maks so that they'll perform for us anyway.  It will just be a guest performance.  Of course, they'll do it on the finale, but how about earlier in the season as well?

I've also mentioned that the elimination procedure needs some reworking.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:43 pm

@ Glitters: technically, Heather may have tricks up her sleeve that Normani doesn't know, but Normani is the full package. She's learning fast, performing to the max, and connecting with the audience.
At least, like many others before, Heather left with her best performance. I thought from the beginning she might line up with Sabrina and Elizabeth. Still I think people like her are an asset for the show.

@ Walker: they do bring back celebrities every now and then, but usually not during their original season.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:55 pm

I remember when Lil Kim was voted off the show.  It seems like that was as big a deal or more than Heather.  Everybody including me was completely surprised when that happened.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 pm

That was in Season 8, I guess. I can't tell if back then it was as much about personality as it's now or more about actual dancing. However, Lil Kim finished fifth and the judges had ranked her fourth in total. No big deal to me. Maybe the uproar was more about her pro?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:22 pm

No, it was about Lil Kim.  A lot of people thought she was good and liked her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 pm

peebeeb wrote:Oh brother, so Twitter is up in arms over it and Maks is saying he hopes it doesn't get shoved under the rug.

I was one of tweeters having a hissy fit on twitter. Crying Hissy fit Crying She was my fave.  
My son tells everyone "if you have an emergency on Monday nights don't call grandma" Ashamed because for 2hrs nothing exists in my world except sparkles, glitter and rhinestones...........I know..I need help Rolling Eyes  Confused

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:53 pm

kincaid53 wrote:

I was one of tweeters having a hissy fit on twitter. Crying Hissy fit Crying She was my fave.  
My son tells everyone "if you have an emergency on Monday nights don't call grandma" Ashamed because for 2hrs nothing exists in my world except sparkles, glitter and rhinestones...........I know..I need help Rolling Eyes  Confused
*hugs*

Sorry if I sounded bitchy and cranky, I was having a really horrible day (and another migraine all weekend) and then the news came on. Some days it's just a bit much. 

I'm the same way for those two hours, plus emailing my sister in AZ my thoughts on it while watching.

May there always be sparkles, glitter, and rhinestones!  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Nobody can call, email etc for those two hours. It's my time! Laughing
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down