Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week Empty Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Week 10.  Trio dance and semifinals week.

Five Couples Remain as the Competition Heats up for the Semi-Finals, and Each Couple Must Perform Two New Dances, on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ Monday, November 14

FIVE COUPLES REMAIN AS THE COMPETITION HEATS UP FOR THE SEMI-FINALS, AND EACH COUPLE MUST PERFORM TWO NEW DANCES, ON ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14

The Celebrities Will Each Take Part in a Trio Dance

Sharna Burgess Returns to the Dance Floor After Suffering a
Knee Injury to Dance With James Hinchcliffe

At the End of the Night, One Couple Will Be Sent Home,
 Determining the Final Four Couples Heading to the Finals

“Episode 2310” – The five remaining couples advance to the Semi-Finals in one of the show’s tightest competitions ever, on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. Each couple will dance two dances – one being a style the couple has not danced to yet, and the second being a Trio Dance, in which each celebrity couple will dance with a third dancer.

The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Foxtrot – “Hollow” by Tori Kelly

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Argentine Tango – “Santa Maria” by Gotan Project

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Tango – “Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Rumba – “Scars to Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Quickstep – “Go Mama” by Wayne Beckford

The couples plus a third dancer will dance to the following songs for the Trio Dance (in alphabetical order):

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy with Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Samba – “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess with Jenna Johnson – Jive – “Gimme Some Lovin’” by The Spencer Davis Group

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold with Witney Carson – Salsa – “Limbo” by Daddy Yankee

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber with Artem Chigvintsev – Tango – “Hideaway” by Kiesza

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko with Alan Bersten – Paso Doblé – “Kill of the Night” by Gin Wigmore

Last edited by Psychee22 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week Empty Re: Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Word is Maks will be joining Laurie and Val.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week Empty Re: Week 10, Trio Dance and Semi-Finals Week

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:09 pm

Sounds like the trio dances are going to be fun to watch if Derek and Maks do join in.  I hope the dance styles and songs will be good.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 pm

I would guess that Alan would join Gleb and Jana, and Witney would join Lindsey and Calvin.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:54 pm

James and- hopefully- Sharna doing an AT would be my dream come true. I've waited for this all season. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:26 pm

It looks like the AT is official for James and Sharna.  However their trio dance is going to be Jive.  Why did Sharna have to have a Jive just coming back from injury?  At least she will be doing it with Jenna so maybe they can find some way to share the more challenging parts.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Well, they have done about all ballroom dances already, so the Jive was kind of inevitable, Which also means a Samba or a Salsa might wait for them in the finals. Creativity matters to avoid re-injuring the knee. Trust in Sharna.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Sharna laid down a fantastic Jitterbug on a freshly injured knee so I think she is likely ready for a Jive. Doing Jive in a trio should be beneficial too. Jenna is in great form and shape and certainly can do some of the trickier elements IF Sharna feels that is needed. 

Yes indeed Bro, trust in Sharna.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Derek was unable to fit the trio into his schedule, so Artem is taking his place with Sasha and Terra.

This week, Derek is not only doing DWTS stuff, but he is also in all-day-long rehearsals for Hairspray Live!, doing choreography for Disney's Thanksgiving and Christmas programs (Jules is in Florida handling the other end of that), he has PR things for the Give! show that will be airing this weekend (Celebrities introduce worthy charities to the public and those charities get money to continue their work -- Derek donated a day at an inner-city program for the arts, dancing and sculpting with them), plus a bunch of other things.

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:27 pm

So what if Marilu would have made it to the finals?  Derek I guess knew he had all of these commitments.

I was looking back at some of the dances of other cast members this season,,,Ice, Amber, Ricks Paso, Babyface, Maureen, Ryan  and for me it really has been an enjoyable season Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:39 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:James and- hopefully- Sharna doing an AT would be my dream come true. I've waited for this all season. 

Some dreams do come true brother, yes they do Very Happy ...   thanks for the Presidential nod!!....  maybe the Mayor of Hinchtown would consider being my running mate.. Wink  The Chong man already asked to be head of the Dept of Agriculture   Very Happy  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:40 pm

It has been one of the better seasons hasn't it sis? Still wish Babyface had hung in longer because I liked him so much. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Lesallee wrote:It has been one of the better seasons hasn't it sis? Still wish Babyface had hung in longer because I liked him so much. 

I think so and imo we really do have the cream of the crop left Sunny 1 but for so many different reasons, you have 4 people in the semis that have not danced at all before and putting out  very professional and entertaining dances!! Laurie may have had minimal dance training ,but she has had other challenges to overcome being only 16.
      Congrats to all that made it to the semi finals!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Lesallee wrote:It has been one of the better seasons hasn't it sis? Still wish Babyface had hung in longer because I liked him so much. 
Nothing against Allison, but I keep thinking what Emma could have done with him.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:37 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   So what if Marilu would have made it to the finals?  Derek I guess knew he had all of these commitments.

I don't know.  It almost seems like he might have asked for someone like Marilu -- 64 years old -- hoping to go out in week 9. 

It may have been part of the deal that NBC made with ABC so that they could both have him this season.

Or, maybe the Disney holiday stuff just came up mid-season and when seeing that Marilu would not be likely to make the finals, he agreed to it?  Disney can do things last minute, since they own ABC, and the theme park personnel are old hands at producing specials. 

But it is hard to tell.  He always has so many irons in the fire. 

This weekend, he even has two ocean photos he took selected for an Art Gallery opening in LA.  They look like photos he took last November in Hawaii.  He made a special trip there to have one-on-one training in aquatic photo-taking by a world renown ocean photographer there.  He even swam with sharks. 

He just never seems to stop branching out into new experiences, and that keeps him perpetually busy.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:06 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:James and- hopefully- Sharna doing an AT would be my dream come true. I've waited for this all season. 

Some dreams do come true brother, yes they do Very Happy ...   thanks for the Presidential nod!!....  maybe the Mayor of Hinchtown would consider being my running mate.. Wink  The Chong man already asked to be head of the Dept of Agriculture   Very Happy  
We should combine Agriculture and Healthcare. That would be perfect for Tommy. Oh, and you can probably imagine I have even bigger dreams for James and Sharna.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:16 pm

No way around it, this will be a tough elimination....Everyone has worked so hard to show why they should be in the semis....now they are dancing to be in the finals................Going to be a good one tonight!!  And we'll get to see Maksim Yay!  I do enjoy the Trio dances Cancan dance

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Ok we have one week to put together our Finale party......of course it will have a race car theme along with lots of sparkles and glitter.....you know how your Mayor lovvvves the sparkles!!

Food, drink, decorations, music, .......Sammy Hagar, 'I Can't Drive 55'? Laughing   ,  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Taking this over to the Lovely Ladies thread in anticipation of LL Sharna and HM James winning.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:07 pm

a

Last edited by kincaid53 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:02 pm

My votes for tonight:
3 for Laurie
2 for Jana

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:08 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Oh hell.....sorry for our loss Laurie.....Marie Osmonds son committed suicide during her time on dwts.....Val cries now this....sorry yes I well I oh hell   I'll say it..... this does not make me vote for her
I am sorry for her too because of her loss, but even more because of the tasteless way abc has milked it; exposing her to such unnecessary, additional emotional stress! Your reaction- and I totally get your point- shows what can happen. Thanks Val for being strong this time and for keeping her busy with ambitious choreography. And thank you Maks for not taking yourself too serious and bringing back the fun! Clever and witty concept, great acting and dancing from all three.
For weeks I've been saying Terra was least deserving to make the finals. I'll stick to that, but my reasons have changed. She delivered two performances that would have given Calvin a hard time in a dance-off decision. I did not expect her to step it up that much. Yet she was overscored again, hence she would have been a wild card in the finals with judging like this. Doesn't make it any better that this is not her fault. Sasha however has outdone himself last night.
Jana must be careful with her attitude. Repeatedly emphasizing how much she wants this isn't taken well by the audience from a girl- remember Janel or Paige. Guys are expected to fight for it; girls should wait for the miracle in silence. But seriously, I didn't get the story of the Quickstep; especially after a package like that. As a performance, the Paso was impressive. But had Len been there...
I think the writing is on the wall for Calvin. Lindsay has now made use of his sheer physical strength more than once, but his posture and footwork have not really improved. The eight from CA in round one was a slap in the face though. So was the nine for James, but it made sure only one finalist starts with a perfect score. One elector for Laurie.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top