The Sky Box

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sky Box - Page 7 Empty Re: The Sky Box

Post by GymGirlJane Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 am

Miss Pi -- where are all the other skybox ladies??????
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:52 am

I am so happy that Laurie won tonight, but I felt so bad for James.  In my opinion, he and Laurie were so close it was almost impossible to choose one to win the mirror ball. 

Also, Calvin worked very hard and came a long way from the first of the season when he wasn't very sure of himself.  He had the most improvement I think of the rest of the group. 

But that little elf Laurie really deserved the win.  She was almost flawless in her dances and had almost preternatural ability to to be able to keep up with Val. 

It's over too soon, but all good things must come to an end. I hope to see all you guys again in February when the next season begins.  We will start wondering and researching who the stars will be soon enough. 

See you all for Season 24!
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:55 pm

I so hated to hear about the death of that sweet lady Florence Henderson. I saw her in the audience on DWTS on Monday night, the night that Maureen got eliminated.  She was in the audience a lot as she really enjoyed doing the show.  She will be greatly missed in a world full of hate, and ridicule and bullying, she was a beacon of light who always had a smile on her sweet face.  Rest in Peace Dear Lady.   Applause
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey!  How is everyone doing?  Crazy, whirlwind winter...I'm ready for spring! 

One more week before the cast announcement!  Yee haw!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Oh my gosh!  Just saw Mr. T and Simone Biles announced!  How fun is this season going to be?  Smile
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:33 pm

piratealikat wrote:Hey!  How is everyone doing?  Crazy, whirlwind winter...I'm ready for spring! 

Hi there!

I'm also ready for Spring in spite of the fact that this has been a really warm winter so far and we've had very little snow. Yesterday it was 72... in the Midwest no less, way above normal. Snow this weekend and falling tems and then back to above normal.

I just want it to be warm all the time because this old body does not handle cold well.

Can't wait for dancing.   Disco dance
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi ya Peebeeb!  Wow..I wish we had your weather!  We haven't had a winter like this since 1996!  For the first time in many years we didn't have a Valentines Day lunch ride.  Still too much snow and ice on the ground.

I'm so ready for spring and warmth....shall we consider wintering in Tahiti????  Smile
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 pm

piratealikat wrote:Hi ya Peebeeb!  Wow..I wish we had your weather!  We haven't had a winter like this since 1996!  For the first time in many years we didn't have a Valentines Day lunch ride.  Still too much snow and ice on the ground.

I'm so ready for spring and warmth....shall we consider wintering in Tahiti????  Smile
Lol, you would not want it right now for sure. Temps plummeted and it's been all rainy and the "S" word is on its way.

Tahiti sounds fantastic!

Hope your weather warms up soon so you can ride more.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:03 pm

piratealikat wrote:Hey!  How is everyone doing?  Crazy, whirlwind winter...I'm ready for spring! 

Hey Miss Pi! I always thought re-opening the Sky Box means it is spring!?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:26 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Hey Miss Pi! I always thought re-opening the Sky Box means it is spring!?
LOL It's SUPPOSED to be!  We haven't had a winter like this since '96.  We are all sooooo tired of the dreaded "S" word.  This is supposed to be the Banana Belt of the region.  Somebody stole my bananas, and I want them back!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Our wind chill was 9 last night. That coming after a week where it was in the low 70s. Strange weather indeed.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:25 pm

We didn't have that much snow in our region, and as far as I'm concerned, we don't need any more of it. Temperatures however are a rollercoaster over here as well. Days that feel like spring already, then back to frost, and up again. Hits me like a hammer sometimes.
Where's that global warming when you need it?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 pm

LOL  Mr. T and Charo should make for an entertaining show!  Maybe we need to pair them up?  "Coochi coochi coochi you fool!"
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:02 am

Hi everyone, it's just about time for the new season of DWTS!  Miss Pi, I know how much you hate winter. But guess what?  It's almost Spring and you'll get your motor running, head out on that highway, lookin' for adventure, whatever comes your way.....Born to be free ee ee ee! You and Mr. Pi will have an Easter ride instead of a Valentine ride!  It'll be good.

Hey everyone, how's everybody doing?  I've been missing everyone.  Hi Dead Man, so good to see you again.  I love the celebs that are going to be on the show this spring.  I'm really happy that Maks and Peta are back, also your favorite Miss Sharna will be back.  It should be a really fun season.

I was reading another thread and I heard some really sad news.  It seems that Miss SLA has passed away!  I'll really miss her, she was just the nicest lady EVER!  She sure did make good poTcorn too.  I'm really sad to hear this news.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Welcome back, sunshine. So good to have you on board again.

Sad news indeed about SLA. She will be missed. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh no!!!!!!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  She was a lot of fun.  We'll just have to have poTcorn opening night in her honor!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:49 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Miss SLA is no longer with us. Just made this week even suckier.

Tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of my mom's passing.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Welcome back, sunshine. So good to have you on board again.

Sad news indeed about SLA. She will be missed. 
Thank you DMD.  Speaking of sunshine, we're finally getting some and it does make one feel better.  It's been so overcast here for so long that everyone seems to be down in the dumps all the time!  We didn't get much cold weather here in Texas, but we sure had a lot of rain and overcast days!  Yes, Miss SLA will be greatly missed.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:55 pm

piratealikat wrote:Oh no!!!!!!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  She was a lot of fun.  We'll just have to have poTcorn opening night in her honor!
I know, she was fun and she was a good sport.  Does anyone know how to make her poTcorn?  It would be a good tribute to her!  Does everyone think we should dedicate the opening night watch party to her?  Didn't she say her husband had passed?  We know they are together and I wish her well.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:59 pm

peebeeb wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Miss SLA is no longer with us. Just made this week even suckier.

It's very difficult to let them go.  I'm so sorry Miss peebeeb for your continued sadness at the loss of your mother.  Hay, maybe she is in heaven having poTcorn with Miss SLA!  Time will heal Miss peebeeb, although my mom has been gone for over 40 years and I still think about her a lot!  But the never ending sadness has long since gone away.  I think of her happily now.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm

So sorry to hear about Miss SLA....very sad, but  thank you for passing that along to us   Miss Tart...   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 pm

peebeeb wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Miss SLA is no longer with us. Just made this week even suckier.

I do understand peebeeb, when we hear news like we did of Miss SLA. Only 2 years can seem like yesterday. I have high hopes for you that your week will get better Very Happy   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Thank you all, it does seem like it was just yesterday. I hope Miss SLA and my mom have a chance to meet.

Last edited by peebeeb on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Awww peebeeb!  I'm sorry!  I lost my Mom in '91.  I still hear her talking to me though....usually when I've done something stupid!  Smile 

Miss Tart...I vote we do dedicate opening night to her!  What a great idea! 
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:55 pm

<<<<Miss Tart...I vote we do dedicate opening night to her!  What a great idea!>>>>

Miss Pi, I agree that is a great idea to dedicate the opening night show and watch party to Miss SLA.  If my memory serves me, she didn't like the dress up or red carpet theme parties.  She liked to be comfy and cozy, and not have to dress up.  So I suggest one of our famous pajama parties! 

We'll invite the good people from the Beautiful Women and Handsome Men of DWTS threads, and anyone else who wants to come. 

We'll have snacks, burgers, fries, hot dogs, chips and dips, poTcorn (Miss SLA's accidental invention), ice cream, soft drinks, or everyone can bring their favorite beverages and/or snack foods (bring enough to share).  We'll watch the show and reminisce about Miss SLA. 

She was definitely a nice lady and I don't know of anyone who didn't like her.  This is a wonderful idea and I feel like Miss SLA will be right there with us enjoying the festivities.

Everyone who reads this or hears about it, is invited to the Sky Box for a pajama party on opening night of DWTS (Monday, March 20), in honor of Miss SLA, who went to be with Jesus in December. 

Everyone be ready with a story, something she said to you or on the board, or just something you might want to say about her.  We'll see you on this coming Monday night and I personally am so ready for dancing, and your entertaining critiques Miss Pi!
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum