The MTA Episode

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The MTA Episode - Page 2 Empty Re: The MTA Episode

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm pretty sure he does get kicked off BIP for his behavior.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I wonder if Luke sounds rehearsed because he doesn't talk with a lot of inflection in his voice.  His speech pattern is kind of flat.

I believe somewhere there was mention of PTSD.  This could explain your impression of his speech pattern.  I've had PTSD and it makes a wreck out of you.  This man has seen the horror of war, injury and death.  Give him a break.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:26 am

I'm not complaining about his speech.  I'm just responding to someone's post saying he sounded rehearsed.  It may not be PTSD.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:13 am

Take away Chad's personality and he would have been my pick for good looks.  TPTB spent half the season showing us how vain and menacing he is.  For me, there's nothing good about a person who promises to find where you live - or who seeks out and uses exes to find dirt that would wound or humiliate another.  Too much like politics.

True, the others were jealous and whiny.  This was a worthless bunch from A to W.  Unless I've forgotten something, (W)ells seemed okay.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 am

I DVR'd MTA and watched last night.   Chad was very entertaining, he made me laugh.  He obviously has some issues whether it be self esteem, steroids, whatever, but he still made me laugh.   I think he is very good looking, I like that manly lumber jack look he has, but too bad he has some internal turmoil going on.  Seems like he could be a really great guy if he worked on his issues.

This group of guys are very needy and whiny.  I thought it was very funny how Chad brought up all of their occupations and how they all had an agenda.  I thought that about James - even though he is sweet and nice, he still wanted to get some airtime for his music.  You could tell.

Glad that is over, I'm looking forward to BIP now.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:46 pm

My comment has nothing to do with Luke's manner of speech, it was all about the content what he was saying. I can just imagine that he was rehearsing the whole thing about how ready he is to find love now and blah blah...it was pretty obvious that he is being set up as the next Bachelor. That speech pretty much did everything but spell it out. I have no issue with how he speaks...it's the cheese factor of what he says that makes my eyes roll.

Has it been confirmed that he has PTSD? I have worked with some people who have had it and they certainly would not be able to galavant around and joyfully shoot guns on a date...
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:07 pm

I don't think it's PTSD.  I think that's just how Luke talks.  It's neither good nor bad.  I was just noticing how he speaks.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Luke is nice to look at, but he comes off as a stick in the mud.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm

BTW, who was that guy who took off his jacket and wanted to fight Chad? I do not recall even seeing him on the show...
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:46 pm

His name was Nick and he is an engineer.  I barely remember him either.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

He's the one that arrived in a Santa Claus Suit and he had a 1-on-1 early on - it was like a 20's or something date.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:02 pm

I tuned out The Chad Show as my eyes were starting to glaze over. What a bunch of goobers.

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear as some others noticed that the way CH was talking to Luke pretty much gave away that he is being looked at as the next Bachelor. I just don't know if he has what it would take to carry a season. He's good looking but he is kind of boring IMO.

Some of the things that came out of Chad's mouth were really dumb. I hope all of this is an act because I can't imagine a human being being such an ass. What he said to Jojo was really uncalled for.

As to the video they showed of Chad and Evan, maybe I'm missing something but it just looked like to me that it was two people trying to get around each other in a very tight spot. I didn't see what looks like a push unlike what the audience thought they saw.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:10 pm

How did you see that the way CH was talking to Luke that he would be the next bachelor?  I didn't think he was interesting enough either to carry a show.  I can't even believe he would want to do it.  In fact, I wasn't looking forward to his date with JoJo and then accidentally missed it.  I will believe he is the next bachelor only when I hear them say it.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:18 pm

They are also talking to Chase, who I found boring as h*ll, so I doubt that it is a given as to who they select.  Look what happened to Caila last season and I wonder if it was because they wanted Jordan Rodgers on there and he said he would not date Caila.  

Last edited by SLA44 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Chase isn't very interesting either, but I think he is cute.  Caila would have been a big mistake.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:54 am

newto wrote:
singlyme wrote:Our society has become easily bored.  Chad is the train wreck they want to see.  Personally, I'm sick of all the bad behavior that passes as entertainment.  I won't be watching BIP.

Singly -- something tells me he won't be around long on BIP.

How often do TPTB have such a goldmine of hostility?  We've often wondered on many of these shows how someone so repugnant stays so long.  I'd bet he makes it a few weeks.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 am

Well, well, if TPTB decide against both Chase and Luke, maybe at last we will get our wish and see a new face.  However, I will not be holding my breath!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 am

newto wrote:Well, well, if TPTB decide against both Chase and Luke, maybe at last we will get our wish and see a new face.  However, I will not be holding my breath!!
I doubt that is ever going to happen again - they tried it in the earlier days and they were not happy - they want someone tried and true to their shenanigans/way of producing the show and/or they feel that they can work with for the whole season.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:35 am

You remember Joe with Sam from last BIP?  I don't know how long he stayed on the show.  Nobody liked him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I would like to see Derek as the next bachelor..JMO Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:40 am

therealdfshary wrote:I would like to see Derek as the next bachelor..JMO   Very Happy
I wouldn't even like to see Derek as the next Bachelor either. I don't think I've ever watched a season where I didn't want someone to be the next one up to bat. This season has been horrible. A bunch of grown men acting like a bunch of whiny bitches.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 am

rkc1960 wrote:
therealdfshary wrote:I would like to see Derek as the next bachelor..JMO   Very Happy
I wouldn't even like to see Derek as the next Bachelor either. I don't think I've ever watched a season where I didn't want someone to be the next one up to bat. This season has been horrible. A bunch of grown men acting like a bunch of whiny bitches.
I stopped watching this B'ette version soon after Wells was sent home. He was the only guy I liked and JoJo wasn't interesting me enough to care who she picked. Very early on I knew who her F1 would be anyway as she made it very obvious. After I dropped the show I read the spoilers and yeah, I figured correctly. Altogether a boring season and I'm afraid the upcoming Bach season will be as well.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Ditto !  Love
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:16 am

My problem with the later seasons is that there's much more focus on the zanies and bad behavior - to the exclusion of coverage on people who are actually worth scrutiny as a partner.  It's excessive and boring.  It seemed Chad had as much screen time as JoJo.

I don't know how you folks feel but by the end of the season, there's rarely anyone I care about - including the bach or ette.  Sure, there are some good-looking guys.  But in general, we really know little to nothing about their personalities or circumstances.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:34 am

newto wrote:
I believe somewhere there was mention of PTSD.  This could explain your impression of his speech pattern.  I've had PTSD and it makes a wreck out of you.  This man has seen the horror of war, injury and death.  Give him a break.  JMHO.

Hello N2 !!  You're still here and I'm pleased ( even have a new nicname for you:))..

...remember, "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.."  

Hope to see more of your posts regarding Bachelor & Paradise!!  
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top