Ad covering the names of threads on main page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ad covering the names of threads on main page Empty Ad covering the names of threads on main page

Post by luvthepros Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Today, for the first time, I'm having an ad for citi bank and android covering part of the main page that lists the threads. It is a vertical ad and is annoying to say the least when it covers up what I am trying to read. Anyone else have this going on?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Ad covering the names of threads on main page Empty Re: Ad covering the names of threads on main page

Post by piratealikat Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Ewww!  Sorry...no....I have an ad blocker on my firefox so I don't get many of those!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Ad covering the names of threads on main page Empty Re: Ad covering the names of threads on main page

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:31 pm

There are ads here?  Who knew? 

I also have an ad blocker on my Firefox and it works great.  Wink

Now if I could find one that works as well in Safari on my old iPad I'd be a happy camper.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:52 pm

How do I find the ad blocker and how do I activate it?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:02 pm

In Firefox, Click on "open menu" -- that icon that looks like lines on the right top of the browser.  Then click on options.  Then Add-ons.  Then Extensions, then choose "UBLock Origin".  I've been very pleased with it.

ETA:  Or TOOLS, Add-ons.  Probably simpler.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:05 pm

I use Firefox so this is very helpful. Thank you.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I get one small bar of advertising at the very top of the page and that is it.It doesn't block anything.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 pm

I have Adblock Plus also through Firefox add ons
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:30 am

Adblock Plus works like a dream.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:56 am

I paid for and used AdBlock Plus in the past with IE and had so much trouble with it that I had to uninstall it.  So when it came time to choose one for Firefox, I made another choice and I've been happy with it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:08 am

These ads have driven me nuts for quite some time.  There is always one covering the first thread.  At times, when I turn a page, all disappears except for an ad.  Maddening.  I use IE and don't want to pay any more to get an ad blocker.  Frustrating.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 am

singlyme wrote:These ads have driven me nuts for quite some time.  There is always one covering the first thread.  At times, when I turn a page, all disappears except for an ad.  Maddening.  I use IE and don't want to pay any more to get an ad blocker.  Frustrating.

This web site behaves differently in every browser, I think.   It is weird that way.  I can feel your frustration.

That said, I would definitely recommend that you download Firefox and then take advantage of one of the free adblockers available through its options pages.

Firefox works with all versions of Windows, even on old PCs.  It installs effortlessly.  I have been very happy with it.  And frankly, I have found that having two options for browsing online on my computers comes in pretty handy.  There is always some site that behaves badly in the browser of your choice, and having the second option reduces frustration. 

You have nothing to lose by downloading it and trying it.  Just use Firefox for the sites that aren't behaving well in IE if you feel like it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top