Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep? Empty Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep?

Post by luvthepros Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Len would always disapprove when the couple would break hold in Quickstep and dock the team for this break in the Quickstep rules. Seems, this season, there has been many teams breaking hold in Quickstep and nothing is being said by any of the judges. What gives???

I really, really, really, really miss Len. :(
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep? Empty Re: Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep?

Post by piratealikat Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:10 pm

I agree!  The second they broke hold both the hubby and I yelled "Len wouldn't like that!"  I hope somebody steps up to the plate and calls them on stuff like this!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep? Empty Re: Is it OK to break hold in Quickstep?

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Just a theory but I wonder if the judges purposely overlooked it to some extent because the teams had to learn 3 dances in the first 2 weeks--and some of them were difficult dances that you didn't expect to see until later in the season (like the quickstep).  I agree Len would have had a comment about that.  Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:28 am

From past seasons I thought that a break during the dance was a no-no but a break at the very beginning or end of the dance was acceptable.Of course the other argument was that this is not a championship contest so therefore the "strict" rules do not apply.Some argument has to be made that this is not a competition at all ... about dancing anyway ... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 am

Oakma wrote:From past seasons I thought that a break during the dance was a no-no but a break at the very beginning or end of the dance was acceptable.Of course the other argument was that this is not a championship contest so therefore the "strict" rules do not apply.Some argument has to be made that this is not a competition at all ... about dancing anyway ... Wink

Breaks are OK for the beginning and the end of the dance for artistic reasons.  And "hold" does not strictly mean "in frame".  As long as they are still holding hands or connected in some other way in the middle of the dance they won't lose points in the show.  Last season we watched Nadia and Sasha do cartwheels holding hands in the middle of their Quickstep and no one docked them for it.

Somewhat related to this...  earlier back someone wondered why Carrie Ann was the only judge to dock points for an illegal lift.  According to Carrie Ann, that "lift rule" is one that the judges can enforce or ignore as they choose.  She usually enforces it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top