JJ on why he quit his job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JJ on why he quit his job Empty JJ on why he quit his job

Post by Sharonbee Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:17 am

[size=14]Like others here have mentioned I couldn't figure out the reasoning for quitting a job when you're getting a divorce and have a child to support. Here is the exchange on Twitter I had with JJ.[/size]

[size=14]Sharon Busbee [/size]
[ltr]@SharonBusbee[/ltr]

[size=14]Since when does taking care of your child include quitting your job? Maybe trying to avoid child support @jjhlane? #BachelorInParadise
[/size]

JJ Lane 

@jjhlane

When you spent the first year of her life working 100+ hours a week and you realize what's finally important. twitter.com/sharonbusbee/s…

Sharon Busbee

@SharonBusbee

@jjhlane Like leaving her for months to go on a reality dating show? Important like that?
Sharonbee
Sharonbee

Back to top Go down

JJ on why he quit his job Empty Re: JJ on why he quit his job

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am

LOL. You really said that to him? That's funny!

I guess many of us were wondering the same thing especially after the question was posed to him on After Paradise. He doesn't seem to have a good comeback for why he chose to do that.

Questions that come to mind are exactly what you said to him. Why did you twice go on a show within this crazy franchise? Why does your ex not have custody of your child? Are you in fact dodging alimony by not working? Is your ex paying YOU alimony and child support because you have custody of your child and you like it that way?

Unless he has a really good reason, I don't have respect for a man that at his age lives at home sponging off of his parents along with having his child with him. Maybe the parents are doing it for their grandchild's benefit. I wonder how often the grandparents watch the child while JJ goes gallivanting on a regular basis? 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 am

If JJ lives with his parents, I am sure that his parents take care of his child most of the day and night while he's out having a good time. It doesn't sound like he's much of a dad. Why doesn't his ex have custody? I feel sorry for his child. If his ex doesn't want the child, I can understand why he lives with his parents, free baby sitting. However, he should be ashamed to live at home and not be working.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by idoiwill Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

Zinartwo wrote:If JJ lives with his parents, I am sure that his parents take care of his child most of the day and night while he's out having a good time. It doesn't sound like he's much of a dad. Why doesn't his ex have custody? I feel sorry for his child. If his ex doesn't want the child, I can understand why he lives with his parents, free baby sitting. However, he should be ashamed to live at home and not be working.
Maybe he's very wealthy.  Or alternatively, maybe this is the way he is making money?

idoiwill

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDS10 Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:19 am

What was JJ's job to begin with? If he was wealthy, he wouldn't be living with his parents and he would likely have a full time nanny.
DoubleDS10
DoubleDS10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonbee Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:56 pm

rkc1960 wrote:LOL. You really said that to him? That's funny!
Yeah and the JJ fan club came out of the woodwork to whine and defend him. He said he only spent 4 weeks away from his daughter. I can't see how that's possible with both shows and the personal appearances. He didn't answer when I asked him that. I just feel there's something slimy about JJ. I know they're trying to cast him as a redeemed hero on BIP but I'm not buying it.

Last edited by Sharonbee on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : atrocious spelling)
Sharonbee
Sharonbee

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Sharonbee wrote:
Yeah and the JJ fan club came out of the woodwork to whine and defend him. He said he only spent 4 weeks away from his daughter. I can't see how that's possible with both shows and the personal appearances. He didn't answer when I asked him that. I just feel there's something slimy about JJ. I know they're trying to cast him as a redeemed hero on BIP but I'm not buying it.
I think the time frame he said he is away from his daughter sounds a little off too. I guess he's trying to convince everyone of that. I think that when they tried to redeem JJ on After Paradise that it lasted for about 5 minutes and then it fell flat again as soon as he opened his mouth again. He said some really nasty things about Megan and Josh. He just seems like one of those people that has a problem with word vomit. I don't know whether it's because he thinks it's funny or that maybe it makes him feel better about himself. All I know is that a man with a child that lives with his Mom and Dad and doesn't work has no room to throw stones at anyone else. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:15 pm

"a man with a child that lives with his Mom and Dad and doesn't work"

Remember way back to the beginning of the Bachelor - they had QUALITY men with good positions and money - men that were a prize.

Now it seems that BN is made up of liars, losers and assholes - both male and female.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Starz wrote:

Remember way back to the beginning of the Bachelor - they had QUALITY men with good positions and money - men that were a prize.

Now it seems that BN is made up of liars, losers and assholes - both male and female.
I'm glad you said this, Starz. I've been thinking on this myself.

The early guys especially were men that were well off in many ways. Good prospects. Maybe with the bad reputation that this show has now and how foolish it has turned into over the years they can't get good guys wanting to sign on. They have seen the girls that were drunk, backstabbing, ditzy, floozies, etc. Who wants that? I think the last girl that was on there that had good all around qualities, plus she has a good career was Sharleen Joynt. You don't find to many of those. So now they settle for the guys that would just be willing to sell their soul yet again for a few more minutes of fame. Sad.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Sharonbee wrote:
He may be telling the truth. The Bach and Ette only films for 6 weeks, and he was out by the 5th or 6th episode, so he may have only been on for a few weeks. He was out before they even went to Ireland. Then depending on how long he was on BIP (I don't watch, so don't know if he has been eliminated yet) I would think those ceremonies happen a couple of times a week, so he may have only been there a week or two as well. I would think that does not film nearly as long as Bach or Ette as they don't travel anywhere. They may only film that for 2 or 3 weeks. He does not really have to promote anything as he was not the winner. Men tell all is a one day deal. Depending on where he lived, he could have filmed the show and been home that same day, so really, 4 weeks does not really sound like a stretch for him.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by lb0114 Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 pm

It could be that JJ realized he had no time to enjoy life...I did something similar about 12 years ago - I was working constantly in a very stressful job - long hours - on salary - and finally reached my breaking point for several reasons and left without having another job lined up.

JJ strikes me as coming from a wealthy family for some reason.

lb0114

Back to top Go down

Post by 1MilitaryWifey Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Sharonbee wrote:[size=14]Like others here have mentioned I couldn't figure out the reasoning for quitting a job when you're getting a divorce and have a child to support. Here is the exchange on Twitter I had with JJ.[/size]

[size=14]Sharon Busbee [/size]
[ltr]@SharonBusbee[/ltr]

[size=14]Since when does taking care of your child include quitting your job? Maybe trying to avoid child support @jjhlane? #BachelorInParadise
[/size]

JJ Lane 

@jjhlane

When you spent the first year of her life working 100+ hours a week and you realize what's finally important. twitter.com/sharonbusbee/s…

Sharon Busbee

@SharonBusbee

@jjhlane Like leaving her for months to go on a reality dating show? Important like that?
LOL Sharon Busbee!  Thanks for sharing.  He is so confused and probably missing Big Ol' Clint.  Hey, did he accept your request so you both are talking 1-on-1 OR was that chitchat in an open forum?

1MilitaryWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonbee Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:10 pm

It was in the Bachelor in paradise thread on Twitter. He responds to a lot of the comments but not as many as Joe does!
Sharonbee
Sharonbee

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 am

rkc1960 wrote:
Starz wrote:

I'm glad you said this, Starz. I've been thinking on this myself.

The early guys especially were men that were well off in many ways. Good prospects. Maybe with the bad reputation that this show has now and how foolish it has turned into over the years they can't get good guys wanting to sign on. They have seen the girls that were drunk, backstabbing, ditzy, floozies, etc. Who wants that? I think the last girl that was on there that had good all around qualities, plus she has a good career was Sharleen Joynt. You don't find to many of those. So now they settle for the guys that would just be willing to sell their soul yet again for a few more minutes of fame. Sad.  
Maybe the producers think that the lower the quality of the  "stars" on this show are, the better the ratings will be.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

The show is much more interesting with said characters that have no class and bask in their 15 minutes of fame.  Who wants to watch a bunch of perfect people like Sharleen fall in love?

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Dazz wrote:The show is much more interesting with said characters that have no class and bask in their 15 minutes of fame.  Who wants to watch a bunch of perfect people like Sharleen fall in love?
I guess then that it depends on who you ask. From what I've seen quite a lot of people don't like all of the crazy characters that just really dumb this show down and insult peoples intelligence. I don't think people are expecting everyone to be high quality people like Sharleen, but for goodness sake, most of who they have on there anymore act mental. Jerry Springer mentality.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 pm

I prefer to aspire to higher standards. I like to learn things that lift my spirits and intelligence.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by J1Scarlett Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:57 pm

BAL91182 wrote:
Sharonbee wrote:
He may be telling the truth. The Bach and Ette only films for 6 weeks, and he was out by the 5th or 6th episode, so he may have only been on for a few weeks. He was out before they even went to Ireland. Then depending on how long he was on BIP (I don't watch, so don't know if he has been eliminated yet) I would think those ceremonies happen a couple of times a week, so he may have only been there a week or two as well. I would think that does not film nearly as long as Bach or Ette as they don't travel anywhere. They may only film that for 2 or 3 weeks. He does not really have to promote anything as he was not the winner. Men tell all is a one day deal. Depending on where he lived, he could have filmed the show and been home that same day, so really, 4 weeks does not really sound like a stretch for him.

The entire Bachelor in Paradise filming is in 3 weeks, each "week" that the people talk about is really more like 3 days, JJ left on "week" 3, so about 9 days. Which isn't a whole lot of time away from his kid. He wasnt around very long on Bachelorette either so he's probably right in that it was around 4 weeks total. BIP pays each cast member for Paradise (unlike Bach/ette, where only the lead gets paid), so really being on that show is a really easy way to make some money.

J1Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:56 am

I've seen more romance on BIP than I have on the last three Bach/Ette seasons.  Then again, it didn't take much to top JP, Andi and Chris.

I don't like the loons either.  I wouldn't be bored watching two sane people fall in love.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top