Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season Empty Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season

Post by SLA44 Wed May 07, 2014 1:25 am

Here is a recent article on Chris and Des as they come to their one year anniversary of Chris' proposal for Marriage:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2014/05/one-year-after-proposal-bachelorette-desiree.html?page=all
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season Empty Re: Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks, SLA.  Enjoyed reading the article.  What a lovely, down-to-earth couple.  In a way I hope they don't have their wedding on TV.  I'm not sure they want all the hoopla, although I expect having it paid for might just push them over the edge.  We shall see!!

Back to top Go down

Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season Empty Re: Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season

Post by SLA44 Wed May 07, 2014 8:29 pm

I think they have agreed to a televised wedding and that is one reason they have not been able to give a wedding date yet.  They have to wait until ABC sets the date.  With the expense of weddings these days that is probably the best way for these couples to go.  JMO
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 am

You're probably right, SLA.  I just hope they resist some of the temptations Sean and Catherine fell into or maybe embraced, I don't know.  Some of their pre-wedding hoopla and all this talk about the wedding night got to be in poor taste after a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 08, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't think they will, they have gone back to their jobs as soon as the season was over and have continued to live pretty normal lives.  That is much different than the way Sean and Catherine did it - of course DWTS went right on the heels of his season ending but when that was over they still stuck around LA for awhile and neither of them had gone back to regular jobs for a long time and it was quite awhile before they finally settled in the DWF area.  So it is two entirely different circumstances.

That whole wedding night portion was a big turn-off to me and I think cheapened the wedding.  What a waste of viewer time!  I would have much rather seen the after wedding reception than watch Sean shop for lingerie and Catherine pose for bedroom pictures. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 5:36 pm

I suspect a lot of folks were turned off by that wedding night stuff.  Perhaps it was meant to convey the idea that even though SeanCat did not live together before marriage, and supposedly did not have sex, it was very much on their minds.

Hopefully it will not be part of future televised weddings that ABC sponsors.  I feel Chris and Des would not want any part of that kind of "stuff."  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Sun May 18, 2014 6:11 pm

I can't believe it's been a year that they have been dating.  It sure sounds like they are really happy.  I'm looking forward to seeing Des' bridal collection.  I agree that the hoopla with Sean and Cat's wedding night and lingerie shopping was such a waste of time.  Made them look so childish.  Then again, possibly that was part of the deal for having ABC pick up the tab?  I thought it was ridiculous the way they had that little pic of the honeymoon suite in the corner almost the entire time.  I hope that Des and Chris decide to televise their wedding.  I'd love to see them get married, and would also like to see more of the guests and reception.  
 Love
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

I copied this from another web site today.  It doesn't look like ABC is going to televise their wedding.  According to RS ABC doesn't think they are popular enough.  Don't know if that is his opinion or ABC's but I didn't think Jason and Molly were that popular and they televised their wedding.  Question  Confused   

This is from Daniella McBride one of the bridesmaids. "With my beautiful babe at her bridal shower in LA! I'm her bridesmaid too! I love her so so much!! I'm so happy she found her love  @deshartsock "

Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season Skarma15
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:30 am

Bacholerette 9 Desiree & Chris Post Season Skarma15
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:58 am

Hmmm.  Bridal shower?  I wonder if they are just quietly planning their wedding, and that it will be sooner than we think.  If ABC is not going to televise it, then they don't have to be at anyone's beck and call for a date.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 am

I'm sure they are planning their wedding and I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later.   ABC kept them dangling for long enough and it was not fair to them.  They have been engaged for over a year now and I'm sure can't wait to get married.  I think it stinks what ABC did to them and that they televised even Jason and Molly's wedding but they are not going to televise Des and Chris's wedding when they did for all intent and purpose get engaged on the show.    Mad 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 am

Do you suppose the Brooks episode dampened viewer involvement with Des and Chris?  They made it look like he was a rebound choice too soon after her meltdown over Brooks.

Perhaps they don't think it would garner enough ratings to televise?  I thought Des was a sweetheart but I was never much into Chris.  This show, of late, has made it a point to steer us away from the F1.  In this case, they succeeded with me.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Maybe the reason they televised Jason and Molly's wedding was due to all the controversy.  It was rumored that Jason was "told" to pick Melissa, and he later, of course, regretted it.  Only the Man Upstairs knows what goes through the heads of TPTB.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 am

Does anyone find it odd that Chris and Des are still not married?  Just asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 pm

No not at all.  ABC just kept them dangling for such a long time and now they are planning their own wedding the way they want it.  I really don't know why you would think so other than I get the distinct impression that you do not care for them.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:11 am

Absolutely incorrect assumption.  I think they are a great couple and wish them all the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top