DWTS Renewed ....

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Renewed  .... - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS Renewed ....

Post by therealdfshary Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Do you know who the "stars" are???
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 pm

I am so ready to see something on television besides politics or detective shows.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:25 pm

therealdfshary wrote:Do you know who the "stars" are???
One cast member has been announced  Katherine ,,, Kaitlyn ??   

I am whole lot of help Huh ?    lol
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Found this on the net   

The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe is the only celebrity for the upcoming season
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Only one "star" that should be interesting!!!    LOL!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Someone named McClean,a singer I think is rumored to be on the show   .... do not quote me though.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:30 pm

AJ McLean, he’s from Backstreet Boys and was announced on GMA Wednesday. He’s likely paired with Cheryl, she followed him and a Team AJ & Cheryl fan account on Instagram, and she has a playlist on Spotify with his name. Full cast will be announced on GMA this upcoming Wednesday.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 pm

He was on the show before wasn't he??  I was at a DWTS traveling show and seem to remember him standing outside giving autographs years ago.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Although they may have planned something like this before, I think the Covid-19 thing has forced them to dramatically change the program.  They cannot have a live audience, so the show will be quieter.  Didn't the UK version finish their last season without an audience?  How did they re-arrange things there?
SCD ended in December 2019; that was before anyone outside China had Covid on the radar. Let's Dance Germany though went through it in the spring this year. They started with live audience, then reduced it to only friends and family of the celebs, and ended up without anyone in the studio except couples, judges, hosts, and stuff. A strange atmosphere that was (with applause overdubs from tape, which made it even more weird). Anyway, we were still better off than our Austrian neighbours who cancelled the whole season right after the premiere.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Maria Christine wrote:AJ McLean, he’s from Backstreet Boys and was announced on GMA Wednesday.  He’s likely paired with Cheryl, she followed him and a Team AJ & Cheryl fan account on Instagram, and she has a playlist on Spotify with his name.  Full cast will be announced on GMA this upcoming Wednesday.  
I wonder if AJ might ask for Sharna (so happy she's back!) because she delivered such a great season with Nick and has also choreographed for BSB's Vegas shows.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:11 pm

AJ is likely with Cheryl, she made a playlist on Spotify with his name in the title. Hoping it’s true, she deserves another contender after getting robbed with Juan Pablo and Ray Lewis withdrawal.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Here’s the celebs confirmed and spotted going into rehearsal spaces with pros:

Monica Aldama from Cheer (spotted with Val)
Kaitlyn Bristowe from The Bachelorette (conformed and spotted with Artem)
Vernon Davis retired from NFL (reported and confirmed by Kristyn Burtt)
Anne Heche, actress and past girlfriend of Ellen DeGeneres (reported and confirmed by Kristyn)
Skai Jackson from Disney Channel shows Jessie and Bunk’d (spotted with Alan)
AJ McLean from Backstreet Boys (confirmed and spotted with Cheryl)
Jesse Metcalfe from John Tucker Must Die and Desperate Housewives (reported and later confirmed by himself)
Chrishell Stause from Selling Sunset (spotted with Gleb)

The Daily Mail released a bunch of pics with the celebs and pros arriving at the rehearsal spaces. They also said Ryan Shazier is on this season and paired with Peta but I’m not going to believe it until the cast reveal on Wednesday or when Kristyn confirms it.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:41 pm

I felt the show dragged for the first 40 minutes, needing a joke or two to liven it up, but then Brandon came out with his terrifically energized partner and the show started to turn around.  It got much better, with some talented stars in the mix, none of which I know (!).
     Sharna has a new hair color...blonde and pink!  
     Everyone looked just a bit different since the last time we saw them..  Tyra wasn't bad.  It took her awhile to get comfortable.  They have her asking stupid "how does it feel" questions.... Have to give her at least a "B" grade, though... Derek's presence kind of balanced Tyra ..  The old balancing the new...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Didn't recognize Cheryl Burke or Katelyn Bristowe.  Did they have work done?

Sure do miss Tom Bergeron's great humor and wit!  Tyra has big shoes to fill and I wish her well!!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

I could not understand Tyra at all. (Marlon Brando school if diction?). On the other hand, I had heard of but never seen one of the contestants (Anne Heche). However, the dance performances were overscored.

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:56 pm

I miss Tom a lot. Some of my friends and family are protesting by not watching. I hope they see the error of their ways and bring him back. He used to think on his feet and was a great ad libber. 
As for the scoring some were overscored and some underscored.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 am

I don't recall a time when I did not understand Tyra - except whatever she said about the earring coming off... I missed a bit that Bruno said, though.  

Enjoyed Derek's reaction to Carrie Ann's point docking for unintentional lifts.  No change in that!

The pro lineup feels different without Lindsay and Witney, doesn't it?  Are there any Utah pros left?   And are Brandon and Keo the only male pros without Russian or Ukrainian parents?  

Lots of changes...

I am happy Alan Bersten got the young Skai.  He is SO good with young kids.  He's a joy to watch as he teaches.  "We're gonna hold hands now, OK?"  So gentle...   I loved him with Sky Brown and JT Church in juniors.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 am

Not a big fan of Tyra as host but that could be just me not liking change.I do think that Tom being quick with the witty ad libs is a big loss.

As usual I don't know any of the cast and the "winner" is too obvious but other than that I am enjoying the dance so far.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

My sister and I are in the group that is not watching due to the firing of Tom and Erin. Cannot stand Tyra, such a horrible choice.

As much as I love this show, I'm hoping it tanks big time, then maybe they'll see the error of their ways... not that I'll be holding my breath on that one.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

I liked Bergeron but I felt in the last season or so he wasn't as quick as he used to be and was slowing down.  It showed.  As far as Tyra, anyone is better than Erin.  I didn't care for Erin on the show and I don't miss the skybox section.  Tyra doesn't bother me,  I think the show sorely needs a live audience.  I'm glad they got rid of the excessive back story information on the contestants, though they will probably talk more about them as the season progresses.  I'm not sure who is considered the obvious winner.  Johnny Weir?  Those skaters are good.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Oakma wrote:
... and the "winner" is too obvious but other than that I am enjoying the dance so far.

You can predict the winner already?

I haven't got a clue! Does that make me oblivious?

Who is this obvious person, Oakma? It will be fun to see if your prediction comes through...

On another note, I am so happy there are no political lightning rods among the cast this season...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:56 am

Does anyone know what the ratings were for the 1st night?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 am

DWTS had the lead spot for ratings apparently.

I wonder if it will continue though ... a bunch of bad reviews for the new host and I think a lot of folks might have watched just to see how Tyra would do.

I thought she might come out trying too hard and she did ... just the over the top runway outfits were such an expected "trick" from her model days, she should have come out with elegance and refinement and she missed the mark totally   ..... this is just my opinion but taking over for a much loved host in this way is just asking for trouble.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 pm

I would imagine that they hope to attract a new audience,  and more particularly, an audience of the kind of viewers who find Tyra appealing.  Perhaps even younger viewers who idolize her in her fashion splendour.  An audience of younger people gives them more bucks for advertising.

I don't think our older preferences mean anything to them.
We tend to prefer the familiar.  Hollywood feels pressure to always deliver something that is novel enough to get people talking.  Even bad talk has value to create curiosity and interest. That adds to the viewership.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:44 am

I don't have much to say about last night's episode.  The stars turned in pretty normal performances.  Nothing wowed me.   There were a few drama moments of tears during conversations with partners about past experiences (like homelessness and bullying) and a swollen ankle to elicit sympathy.  These things are so commonplace on the show that I find myself without the empathy I would feel if I did not think they were designed to manipulate my emotions.   

Emma and her partner, Charles Barkley (?) were eliminated.  I wonder how the quarantine thing works now for them.   She will have to come back with him during the finale, so do they stay quarantined together until then?

I still do not have a favorite.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top