DWTS Renewed ....

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Renewed  .... - Page 8 Empty Re: DWTS Renewed ....

Post by Sudoplatov Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Viennese waltz a 9. Too many merengue-style-sunrise moves and swinging the girl around the floor like a low lying hammer thrower (I never count off for these, but no bonuses either.)

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 pm

I think we all know who is going to win, the judges have been up front about who they prefer, going so far as to ignore mistakes and over score.

JMHO

I would be shocked if anyone else won.

Well damn...

Last edited by peebeeb on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm

I would rather either Kel or Hannah win.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Alan is on a roll.  That is two in a row for him.  He was the winning coach for the juniors.  He was an awesome coach for the little ones.

I still couldn't motivate myself to vote.

Is anyone surprised that Hannah won?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 pm

I'm a bit surprised based on the last dances. On the other hand, while I got to watch this season, I couldn't get excited.

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 pm

I honestly had no favorite after James left.  And I wasn't even excited about him.  I've never experienced this amount of apathy for this show before.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 pm

That's a surprise. I agreed with Len about Kel's dance being so much the same as his first. I liked his first dance better than the freestyle. I was disappointed in the freestyle. I was expecting more from Whitney. Hannah's freestyle was well done and kept my attention. The other freestyles were ho-hum.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Alan is on a roll.  That is two in a row for him.  He was the winning coach for the juniors.  He was an awesome coach for the little ones.

I still couldn't motivate myself to vote.

Is anyone surprised that Hannah won?
I am given the judges obvious love for Ally.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:04 am

But the judges don't decide who wins.  They only have so much pull.  I'm glad Hannah won, but I am surprised.  Thank God!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:27 am

Glittersisgld wrote:But the judges don't decide who wins.  They only have so much pull.  I'm glad Hannah won, but I am surprised.  Thank God!
I'm glad she won too (and surprised), my other choice would have been James. I wonder how ticked off the judges are that Ally was 3rd.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

And it looks like Hannah is on Peter's season of Bachelor to be a contestant or it's hype.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 pm

After James' 'shocking elimination' (as if anything on this show could still shock me) Hannah was the most deserving candidate and apparently the one with the majority behind her. Her first dance may not have been perfect, but it was visible that she finally opened up. Her freestyle was the most convincing (and had some proper dancing in it), and I saw the self-confidence and determination I had waited for. Thank you Hannah, and congratulations.

As for Kel, I have to agree that he didn't show enough versatility; so Alfonso remains unbeaten.
Had the judges hyped Ally a little less, it might actually have helped her in the sympathy department. Sasha did a great job throughout the season.

And Lauren... Dear Gleb, the theme was a bit too obvious, and that base is covered ever since Cheryl saved a horse and rode cowboy Drew. If anyone topped that, it was Amber and Derek. As much as I wanted Corbin to win, that freestyle was incredible. Gleb however had nothing to offer but the usual hotchpotch of hot moves, ass shaking included. Not enough for a dance competition.

I totally understand those of you who didn't bother to vote, but it's a dangerous path the show is on.
A one-night finale, the best dancer not in it, only two dances per couple, and hardly any glitter compared to previous seasons.
Thank you, next (hopefully).
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm not sure I understand the comparison of Kel to Alfonso.  Alfonso is unbeaten to who?  They weren't competing with each other and there are a lot of good dancers that don't win.  Is it because they both danced with Witney?  I see them as separate entities.  As much as I am glad that Hannah won, I wonder if it is just that she is more popular having been the bachelorette.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:And it looks like Hannah is on Peter's season of Bachelor to be a contestant or it's hype.

It seems the former lead makes an appearance on the next show. I hope she is not there to be a contestant. Maybe she's giving Peter 'advice' or just to remind us about the windmill and what a stud Peter is.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:32 pm

I think I've seen better performances in past seasons just for the weekly dances. They were getting pretty elaborate like a Broadway show. These freestyles were underwhelming in comparison.

I don't know about Hannah being more popular. So many people complained about her bach season, think she's crazy, get tired of her whining and poor me talk. Maybe people felt sorry for her after her reaction to Carrie Ann's critique. I was actually proud of her for telling Carrie Ann not to touch her. That took guts and is ok in my book when you don't want someone touching you. I do think she did an excellent job in the finale.

thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:And it looks like Hannah is on Peter's season of Bachelor to be a contestant or it's hype.

It seems the former lead makes an appearance on the next show.  I hope she is not there to be a contestant.  Maybe she's giving Peter 'advice' or just to remind us about the windmill and what a stud Peter is.
Did you see the Bachelor promo on DWTS?  They make it seem like she is interested in Peter and Peter is asking her to be on the show.  Who knows what happens?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:59 pm

thisoldmule wrote:I think I've seen better performances in past seasons just for the weekly dances.  They were getting pretty elaborate like a Broadway show.  These freestyles were underwhelming in comparison.

I don't know about Hannah being more popular.  So many people complained about her bach season, think she's crazy, get tired of her whining and poor me talk.  Maybe people felt sorry for her after her reaction to Carrie Ann's critique.  I was actually proud of her for telling Carrie Ann not to touch her.  That took guts and is ok in my book when you don't want someone touching you.  I do think she did an excellent job in the finale.

When I said Hannah is more popular, I meant in general, but then I didn't know about Kel before DWTS.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:32 pm

IMO the two best dancers were Ally and Kel. Also IMO Hannah won because of the Bachelorette...
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:51 am

This was another season when it was so obvious who the set up winner was.I could not even watch the last few shows.I think they made some changes and they need to go back and re-think this show again.

They could at least try to make it look like the "winner" was chosen and not be so in your face with whoever they hired for the part.Now lets see where her new job will be  .... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 am

Why would Hannah be chosen to win?  It was not obvious to me whatsoever that she would win.  I thought Ally was going to win.  People are voting for winners.  How could it be set up and what would be their gain?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:48 pm

This show has a cast.There is the 'star" and the supporting players and it is very obvious who is who.TPTB have the control that way and hype their star ... simple as that.Sometimes they are pushing the "winner" because they have them pegged for a job and they want to get some buzz going  .... Alphonso was a good example of that.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm not sure how Hannah was the star.  I thought Ally was the star.  I liked Alfonso, but it certainly didn't matter to me if he won.  I don't remember now who I wanted to win that season.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 pm

I wanted Sadie Robertson to win during Alfonso's season.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone! Let's hope our favorite show has not reached the end of the road. Santa, can you hear me?

DWTS Renewed  .... - Page 8 Weihna11
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I'm not sure how Hannah was the star.  I thought Ally was the star.  I liked Alfonso, but it certainly didn't matter to me if he won.  I don't remember now who I wanted to win that season.
I agree about Ally, from day one it was obvious that she was their chosen one.

I was happy with Alfonso's win.

A belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year to all.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top