Great Dances From Past Seasons, SYTYCD, Strictly Come Dancing, World of Dance, etc

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great Dances From Past Seasons, SYTYCD, Strictly Come Dancing, World of Dance, etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Great Dances From Past Seasons, SYTYCD, Strictly Come Dancing, World of Dance, etc

Post by suebob16 Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 am

Maria Christine wrote:These two Viennese Waltzes always tug at my heartstrings Love

I was rooting hard for James and Sharna, but Laurie and Val's VW was my favorite of their dances.  Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Great Dances From Past Seasons, SYTYCD, Strictly Come Dancing, World of Dance, etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Great Dances From Past Seasons, SYTYCD, Strictly Come Dancing, World of Dance, etc

Post by moo2meow Sat May 05, 2018 5:16 pm

One from one of the last seasons I watched all the way through.

Last edited by moo2meow on Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm

moo2meow wrote:One from one of the last season I watched all the way through.

That was awesome, I really like Jack.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 am

I had not seen this before and I don't know who he is but that was wonderful !!  Cheryl did a great job with that dance,loved the ending.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 am

I always remember Jack stressing about getting the dance right and Cheryl telling him to chill, it's just a little dance show. Put things in perspective.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Laff  ...  he did seem to be trying really hard.He made a good show of this dance.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri May 18, 2018 5:22 pm

I've noticed over the last few seasons how increasingly creative the show has been when creating sets for the dances.  There is always the potential to overdo it, but most of the time it works.  Here are a few recent ones that I've enjoyed.

Jordan & Lindsay - Quickstep
This may be a difficult one to watch for some viewers, but I really liked how the projected psychedelic designs on the floor and the back worked with the music, costumes and Lindsay's choreography.  To me all the elements came together like a perfect package. 

Rashad & Emma & Witney - Tango Trio
The lighting changes between white and red as Rashad switches between Emma and Witney.  Then the colors start to blend, showing the inner conflict.  And then the final split screen down the middle as the emotionally torn Rashad finally makes his choice.  It's an effective and dramatic illustration of a man torn between two women.

Frankie & Witney - Contemporary
This unsettling stalker story is enhanced by the intimate room set and the lightning flashes exposing Frankie in the background.  Frankie and Witney give it their all in this one.

Jumping up and down
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 pm

JR and Karina

moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 pm

So much better than his sister

moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:37 pm

moo2meow wrote:So much better than his sister

The only Kardashian ever worth liking.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:53 pm

So little of this guy on the tube. Not what I would consider his best but one of the few I could find. Anyone remember him ?

moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 pm

The kind of guy I could never resist. Beautiful smile, ultra charming. A  weak in the knees goner for sure !  Faint

moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Being more inclusive than just DWTS. Let's share any great dance we love. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Okay. I'm game. Don't watch WOD 'cause I forget its on and I can't stand one of the judges. SYTYCD lost me when Mary Murphy kept calling it "her show" and screaming very loud at a performance that she really liked.

But here's two from SYTYCD's second season that has stuck in my memory. I go in and watch it every so often. Both are performed by the same two dancers but with different choreography :

The dance begins at the 2:24 mark. It's the clearest I can find

and this one

Last edited by moo2meow on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am

The duels started last night on WOD. The spectacular Karen y Ricardo - winners of their duel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOVM3CoNdI
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am

Luka and Jenalyn lost to Karen y Ricardo but only by a slim margin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z025goi_EM
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 am

Sorry about the quality here. Best I could find. Could have put this in three threads but chose this one. Was surprised that she was booted so quickly. liked the couple very much.

Ditto to the quality here. It's a bit better. Like the pro very much. Wish he had done more that the single season

Last edited by moo2meow on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am

Edyta's 1st opportunity for the mirror ball

Her 2nd

Her 3rd & last (m.o.)

moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 am

Brand new, danced yesterday night. It seems a thankless job to get an iconic and often seen theme on Movie Night, but these two made it their own. So much better than Bindi Irwin! Giggle

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:55 am

Others get a task that seems impossible. If anyone has specialized in this, it's Katya Jones!

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 am

2018 was probably Giovanni's best season so far. Two of my favorites, danced again in the finale.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 am

This one is for our birthday girl.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Something from the 1st season. Someone who just possibly should have won. May have avoided the poo poo altogether. He was good too !

(for you trivia lovers they were the first ever couple to hit the dance floor) !!

Last edited by moo2meow on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 pm

IMO: The best dancer ever on DWTS was Mario Lopez whether he was liked or not. Emmitt won because he was liked more than Mario. JMO
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top