The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:24 am

I just watched both the AT and the jive again Sis. Both were perfect. There was no footwork slipup in the AT, it was mesmerizing pure and simple. And I totally get what Sharna was conveying with the blindfold, total trust and connection. A poster on another board said she watched it in slow motion and it was perfect. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 am

That was a gorgeous AT by Sharna and James.  It almost made me cry.  That was a tango!  Carrie Ann is insane for only giving them a 9 and what was wrong with her tonight?  I'm so glad Terra left instead of anyone else.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:41 am

Loved their AT (my favorite of the two dances).  I consider it now a classic James and Sharna dance.  Interesting use of the chair too.  I had to smile at the point where James is sitting in the chair and the blindfolded Sharna kicks her leg up in front of him.  James moves his head back slightly to avoid getting hit. It reminded me of their second FB chat where Sharna tells an incredulous James that she had accidentally kicked out Noah Galloway's tooth during his season. James considered wearing his helmet at that point.   Smile

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 1479172035

If you were surprised at James' ability to do a handstand, check out this short Instagram video from PitFit Training, the place that James uses for his strength training.  Impressive.  

PitFit Training
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCnb-gSR3un/

Very happy that James and Sharna now go on to the finals.  One odd thing, though, was hearing Erin acting like a doctor in their post Jive interview reminding Sharna to elevate her knees and use ice.  Sounds like even though Sharna is back, she still has to keep an eye on that knee.

On to the Finals!   Yay!

UPDATE:  Check this video at James' Twitter--the pitfalls of working with a blindfolded dance partner.  So funny!   Very Happy

https://twitter.com/Hinchtown/status/798314284941905920

Fireworks
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:40 am

Must submit my mea culpa. Didn't think that Sharna would have resorted to budding showmance narrative, but I guess that she has to follow producers' orders. Loved the AT and looking forward to a great Sharna freestyle.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 am

Girls, you have pretty much said everything there is to say. But as I can always only watch it the day after, let me add my thoughts. Three things might work to our team's disadvantage.
a) They had to go first, and a lot of tear-jerking stuff happened later on. (Nothing personal or disrespectful here- just stating the obvious). Leads to...
b) Though James' story is as dramatic as any of the others, he consistently refuses to burst into tears, but keeps cool; producing some of the best dancing ever. Unfortunately doesn't win you an mbt, because of...
c) Carrie Ann Inaba. This woman is irresponsible. Is she not aware how much this counts for next week? I doubt it, so the conclusion is she did it on purpose. In a performance that displayed pure perfection and a chemistry beyond any showmance crap- total trust, that is- she saw mistakes no one else detected.  She has done it before, and to Sharna in particular. SharNick fans know what I mean.

On the other hand, both Terra and Jana had major lifts in the first round, and she didn't even mention these?? Give me a break.
Dance your butt off, and she'll get picky. Make her weep, and the ten is yours.
The Jive was what I had hoped for. Fun, energetic, precise (because these three are really in tune with each other). Was there a car somewhere? I only saw a lucky guy dancing with the hottest girls on the planet.

James and Sharna deserve to win!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:06 am

Unfortunately Bro, I think you are right about the Queen of Ditzy, Carrie Ann. I think she did it deliberately too. She has an agenda right now. I mean, 10s for Terra, both dances was ludicrous. Of course it was her farewell gift and all the judges did it but still. That 8 for Calvin made me furious. How he and Lindsay kept smiling is beyond me. 

That AT was everything I hoped for. A couple so in sync and connected that one didn't require sight to move as two interlocking pieces of a whole.

On an upbeat note, the several Facebook DWTS groups I belong to are united in outrage over CAI and adored James and Sharna. Hopefully most of them voted because fan vote is the only way to block a judge with malice towards your fave.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Seems we're both worried about the possible outcome, sis. The freestyles will probably be more decisive than ever, and now all the pressure is on Sharna. It should be about the most deserving couple, but now we're back into strategic mind games. Will all the love and support on social media translate into votes? Will Pure campaign for anyone but Val- something I couldn't appreciate? Where will the votes from the eliminated couples go?
Let me help you dig that hole for CA a little deeper anyway.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Pure is very pro James and Sharna. They really like Sharna and overlook her connection to the Chmerkovskiys. I just don't think they have enough clout with enough fans to influence the vote much.

There are shenanigans going on again, it started last week. Makes me angry but it's what they do, season after season. 

Laurie is being marketed as America'a Sweetheart. Can an heretofore obscure Canadian Indy car driver beat that even if he is a far superior dancer and entertainer? I confess, I worry.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 pm

I like Laurie, but do you think she was as good as Meryl or Shawn Anderson?  Even though I didn't want either of them to win. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:13 pm

No Glitters she isn't as good as either Meryl or Shawn. But she shares that Olympic pedastel with them so she doesn't have to be. She's a good dancer, not on any level as good as James but that is 
probably irrelevant to most viewers.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 pm

bailadora wrote:Must submit my mea culpa. Didn't think that Sharna would have resorted to budding showmance narrative, but I guess that she has to follow producers' orders. Loved the AT and looking forward to a great Sharna freestyle.
Honestly, that sounds way too negative. It wasn't what you had hoped for, still it's totally Sharna. Producers' order? No way.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:07 pm

I think now the vibe I was picking upon was just their complete synchronicity and connection to one another. They did say, early on, that they felt like siblings separated at birth.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Plus it was new to all of us seeing Sharna so vulnerable.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:06 pm

I was just on James' FB page and he said they are working on getting Canadian votes allowed for next week. How I hope that happens, it could be the tipping point.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:18 pm

This absolutely needs to happen sis!!!   

Time for another mantra......Canadian votes will count!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm

YES!

Canadian Votes Will Count
           and then:
James And Sharna Will Win
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Let us vote!

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 Img_0310
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Lesallee wrote:Let us vote!

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 Img_0310
     Let Canada Vote!!! Crying Hissy fit Rose Please!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:43 am

Canadians should be allowed to vote for James, and I hope they will be able to. Indeed

________________________________________________________________

I keep watching James' and Sharna's AT video.  This one might be my favorite dance of theirs (until I see their freestyle).  I just love how they handle that ending.  

*James guides Sharna towards the chair.
*James pulls the blindfold off Sharna and she begins to sit down.  Their eyes stay on each other.
*As Sharna sits down, James gently pushes her down further--exactly on the musical beat.
*Sharna lowers herself as James begins his handstand on the second to last beat.  
*Sharna completes her move and james completes his handstand right on the final beat, and both sustain that position for several seconds more before James finally dismounts.  

As someone on YouTube said, this is the move of the season.

WOW!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:40 am

I can imagine how disappointed Sharna must be after Carrie Ann switched to bitch mode. If this dance didn't deserve a perfect score, none of the others did.

LET ME VOTE TOO!

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flaggenkunde.de%2Fdeutscheflaggen%2Fimages%2Fde_state
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 am

suebob16 wrote:...
*Sharna completes her move and james completes his handstand right on the final beat, and both sustain that position for several seconds more before James finally dismounts.  

WOW!
Take that, Laurie. Stir the pot
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:34 am

'Yes, let my brother vote! He has dual citizenship now since we became siblings.The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 Img_0311The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 20 Img_0310
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks sis. Btw: your German passport is ready.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:01 am

I do have German roots, bro. My paternal side came to the U.S. along about 1736. As seemed to be the norm at the time the family wandered around a great deal with my direct ancestors coming to Alberta in the early 1900s.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:37 am

suebob16 wrote:Canadians should be allowed to vote for James, and I hope they will be able to. Indeed

________________________________________________________________

I keep watching James' and Sharna's AT video.  This one might be my favorite dance of theirs (until I see their freestyle).  I just love how they handle that ending.  

*James guides Sharna towards the chair.
*James pulls the blindfold off Sharna and she begins to sit down.  Their eyes stay on each other.
*As Sharna sits down, James gently pushes her down further--exactly on the musical beat.
*Sharna lowers herself as James begins his handstand on the second to last beat.  

WOW!
I've watched it a number of times too, sue and will watch again. It was a masterpiece and perfect. 

Several people, angry with Ms Ditzy, CAI, have remarked that the judges are scoring James as they would a professional dancer. Something to that I believe and totally unfair as he is the epitome of a neophyte dancer. Zero previous experience or training. My gosh his girlfriend said he has never danced with her to this day.

James and Sharna will win!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: