No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? Empty No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube?

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:16 am

It appears that on the official DWTS channel on YouTube all dance performance videos have been either removed and/or made private.  Is there a reason why they did that?  It is definitely affecting international YouTube viewers.  I'm wondering about the upcoming YouTube Red paid subscription program.  Are the dances going to be transferred to that program and we would have to pay to see them?  Ugh!   Mad

Does anyone know if that is the reason?  Or is this a temporary block?
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? Empty Re: No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube?

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:08 am

It doesn't make any sense to me.  Why have a YouTube channel at all if your videos are going to be set to private? It's almost as if someone at ABC just clicked on the wrong account option.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? Empty Re: No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube?

Post by piratealikat Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:30 am

Yup!  They sure are!  They weren't that way the other day, so I'm thinking keep checking back.  Maybe they were in the process of uploading them and had a glitch!  You can get some of them here:  http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/episode-guide
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:42 am

If you go to ABC and watch "Bindi Irwin's Uplifting Dirty Dancing" clip, see if you see anything different than what was televised.  Or is the difference just in my imagination?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:41 am

Psychee22 wrote:If you go to ABC and watch "Bindi Irwin's Uplifting Dirty Dancing" clip, see if you see anything different than what was televised.  Or is the difference just in my imagination?
I don't see anything different.  Tell me where exactly...now I'm really curious! 
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 am

The first few seconds of the lift?  I thought he adjusted his hold but now I don't see that.

Have I gone blind?

All the rest of the dances look better as well, for some reason...

It also could be the way the video is sampled for my monitor, I guess.  If you miss one frame...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:43 am

There are a few sites that posted about the lift as "perfect" and "flawless" .... maybe the video got a little help to make those discriptions true(er)  ..... Thinking
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am

It wouldn't take much to make it more perfect, Oakma. 

I've been looking at other people's videos of the same thing and I realize that I was wrong about him adjusting his hold, though.  In those videos, which appear to be recorded right off the TV, his hands don't move, either.  He just pushes her up higher, looking briefly like he's shaky in his hold, but looking very closely, he really isn't. It seems more like a "muscle pushed to the max" kind of thing.

But I still don't see even that in the ABC version.  It still might be because of how my older computer is handling their HQ video, though. It would only take one dropped (or skipped) frame for that "shake" to disappear from the video.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Oakma wrote:There are a few sites that posted about the lift as "perfect" and "flawless" .... maybe the video got a little help to make those discriptions true(er)  ..... Thinking
A perfect and flawless lift was done by Rumer and Val in their Swan Lake contemporary. It was gorgeous. This B & D lift was neither perfect nor flawless. I really feared Derek would drop Bindi.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:52 pm

He was afraid, too, which made what they accomplished worth the praise they are getting.  This whole thing had the kind of risk-taking build-up that the lift had in the movie.

And give the guy credit for doing something he had never done before nor was trained to do which could have resulted in some serious injuries if it had gone wrong.   I think he was benchpressing something like 80% of his own weight with that lift.

You are right that Val did it better.  But Val, Tony, and Maks have all been trained in doing those kinds of lifts, and do them quite frequently, always with partners who are relatively light weight, which is why, I think, they don't get the kind of "Holy cow, look what they did!" praise that Derek and Bindi are getting now.  When they do it, it just doesn't seem very risky. 

Perhaps that is unfair, but it is the common perception.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:A perfect and flawless lift was done by Rumer and Val in their Swan Lake contemporary. It was gorgeous. This B & D lift was neither perfect nor flawless. I really feared Derek would drop Bindi.
You are absolutely right about that. I watched Rumer and Val's lift again (someone posted the video of the dance on idolforums). They were flawless, solid as a rock and oh so gorgeously done.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm

And Rumer isn't really lightweight compared to Val! Another example: Team Jeta's Frozen Contemporary- the celeb doing the lift is maybe even more amazing.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:10 pm

I think Rumer's weight is quite a bit less than Bindi's, Deadie.  She is taller than Bindi, but look at how petite her skeletal structure is...

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? Article-0-02B75C3A00000578-415_468x796
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Could that be an older picture? She looked different on the show from what I remember.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Yes, the picture is an older one, but after puberty the bone structure of a young woman doesn't change, and she was definitely in her 20's when it was taken.  In contrast, this is Bindi -- look at the size of those muscled thighs and the size of her wrists... It's like comparing the skeleton weight of a bulldog to a poodle, I think.

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? 2BDC8AF300000578-0-image-a-26_1441069296032
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Here's one from the show:

No more DWTS performance videos on YouTube? Resizer.aspx_
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Yes, she didn't look that petite on the show compared to some other people.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:36 pm

She is kind of stretched out in that picture.  I remember seeing her on the show and she didn't look that little.  She does look thinner in this picture though.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:40 pm

You can see the performances on YouTube if you enter the names of the dancers and the week.  That's how I do it.  I didn't even know they had a separate section for DWTS.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:44 pm

I thought DMD was comparing Rumer's weight to Val and the contrast between them and Bindi and Derek.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Yes, she didn't look that petite on the show compared to some other people.

Some of that comparison has to do with the fact that she has broad shoulders and a fashionably curvaceous booty, which can give the effect of making her look larger depending on the clothes.  That's why I was looking for minimalist clothing pictures.  They also used padded bras from time to time.   But honestly, that petite rib cage comes right from her ballerina-esque mother.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I thought DMD was comparing Rumer's weight to Val and the contrast between them and Bindi and Derek.

He was!  But do we have to wonder if Val is more muscular than Derek?  I would take that as a given. Derek is working on it, but Val seems to have muscles on muscles, especially around the shoulders.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 pm

I am going to take this over to General Chit Chat.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Regardless of size, any person who can lift another person over their head is doing a difficult thing.

I just get a bit tired of the un-balanced glories given out to some and not others.I accept that there is a fave on DWTS but I don't have to agree or like it .... Soapbox

All the pro dancers are pro's for a reason ... they are all exceptional ! 
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Amen.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top