Dancing in the dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing in the dark Empty Dancing in the dark

Post by bluechipdude Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:16 am

How on earth can you give a dance 10s when you can't see the dancers being judged. I'm talking about that Rhythm Nation dance done by Tamar and Val. Julie stated that the dancers were in sync when the lights were turned down and they were all dressed in very dark leather garb and packed together and you couldn't tell who was who. I hope we get down to the business of no gimmicks and more true ballroom dancing in the coming season. Crying

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Dancing in the dark Empty Re: Dancing in the dark

Post by Oakma Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:38 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for "true" ballroom dancing on this show ... and as for gimmicks,there aren't any,this is just the regular stuff each season.

... just so you know next is the "group" dance with any advantage going to a certain dance team ( hint ...it's the same team every time ) and the "shocking elimination" comes after that ... Smile
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:22 am

I don't know how you feel about it Oakma but with Paula gone we're down to six or seven pretty good dancers and a good time for the judges to bear down the scoring and create some good competition. I know they probably are going to roll out the usual late season gimmicks, but they really don't need to.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:49 am

The "gimmicks" are to hold the interest of the audience of this tired-out show. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:27 am

The script for this show is the same each season and the cast is assigned their parts and the fake "drama" is a bit tiresome but expected.

I can't help hoping for a little something out of the ordinary just once .... Laughing .... but deep down I know better.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:44 am

bluechipdude wrote:How on earth can you give a dance 10s when you can't see the dancers being judged. I'm talking about that Rhythm Nation dance done by Tamar and Val. Julie stated that the dancers were in sync when the lights were turned down and they were all dressed in very dark leather garb and packed together and you couldn't tell who was who. I hope we get down to the business of no gimmicks and more true ballroom dancing in the coming season. Crying

I was able to see Tamar just fine.  The judges were only 10 feet away from her and saw her much better and in color.  We got the black and white version which was a bit harder on our old eyes, but if Tamar had even once messed up, we would have seen it in stark contrast.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 am

I like when Tamar is more the focus of the dance than dancing in a group dancing the same dance.  She blended in too much with the other people.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
bluechipdude wrote:How on earth can you give a dance 10s when you can't see the dancers being judged. I'm talking about that Rhythm Nation dance done by Tamar and Val. Julie stated that the dancers were in sync when the lights were turned down and they were all dressed in very dark leather garb and packed together and you couldn't tell who was who. I hope we get down to the business of no gimmicks and more true ballroom dancing in the coming season. Crying

I was able to see Tamar just fine.  The judges were only 10 feet away from her and saw her much better and in color.  We got the black and white version which was a bit harder on our old eyes, but if Tamar had even once messed up, we would have seen it in stark contrast.

I agree. Since there was light behind them I could see her moves pretty well. I remember when Ricki and Derek did that Tango and part of it as a silhouette behind a screen you notice every line. Tamar looked in step with the pros.
  I had a hard time seeing Nick and Sharna, except the one move when the camera was  just on him doing this move Disco dance .
   I like to go back and watch the whole show again the next day, the definition on my computer is much better than my old tv and couple that with my 'old eyes'....I sometimes see things a little different. Plus I've usually had a few glasses of  Wine by the end of the show so I'm really surprised I saw Tamar at all Drunk  haha......Ok time for some more Coffee and watching the show again.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Be honest, kin- didn't you think Tamar had a twin sister dancing next to her in perfect sync?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:57 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Be honest, kin- didn't you think Tamar had a twin sister dancing next to her in perfect sync?

Thinkingummmm....yes  .......are you saying there was'nt!?!  Ashamed

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Have some Rollmops and forget it. Wink
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down