Most Memorable Year Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most Memorable Year Week Empty Most Memorable Year Week

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:09 am

Just read Derek's column.  Up next is "Most Memorable Year" week.  I REALLY hate the drama of this gimmick.  I don't watch the show to get all teary-eyed!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Most Memorable Year Week Empty Re: Most Memorable Year Week

Post by Babs2147 Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:36 am

Totally agree, Psychee.  No more sob stories; we need to be uplifted.  Bring on "Latin Night!" Very Happy
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 am

It will be a sober time for Alek.  I'm sure he will be talking about he and his friends and their stopping a potential massacre aboard the train in France.  And now the situation of the shooting in Oregon.  I'm guessing the show will briefly mention it and offer their support to the families affected.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:56 am

This is DWTS tear-jerker week. Looks like they are following the same-old formula from previous seasons.
It would be nice to have some new, fresh ideas. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:18 am

Oh boo-hoo .... I had a horrible blah blah blah .... just play the music and dance.

I care as much about your "difficulties" as you do about mine ... and you lot don't even know my name .... Laughing

Tear jerker week is lame.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Oh my, now that was harsh, Oakma! Could it be you just ran out of Kleenex? Let's be fair and admit the dancing often improves with the emotional quality added. What's really hard to take are these soaking wet, overproduced packages. But at some point during the competition, Carrie Ann will start sobbing anyway, so what?
Honestly, we have seen unexpected things happen on MMY week, like Andy Dick's Viennese Waltz or Tommy Chong's Argentine Tango (and this guy didn't even shed a single tear!)
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:13 pm

I don't mind I,t because some I don't know much about them. Last season I enjoyed Nastia and hearing from her family................I know Paula and bindis story, but I don't mind watching Hayes, Alexa, and Carlos because I would like to know more about them.
        You are right DMD some really good performances come out of it sometimes. Like Michael Sams heartfelt Rumba with Peta.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:17 pm

Have to correct myself- Tommy's AT was movie week, but Jailhouse Rock wasn't a tear jerker as well. And hey, what about Alfonso and the Carlton?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Hahaha, that's right brother, that's when Tommy outed Peta and Maks!!!
  'The Scent of a Woman'     Parfum de Maksim!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm not crazy about this theme either.  It's like they are forced to be melodramatic.  I know Alek is a hero and all that but he doesn't interest me as a dancer and he doesn't have a lot of personality.  It almost seems like he doesn't want to be there, like Lindsey has to force him to be interested.  They look alike though, like brother and sister.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Sorry but I have to disagree with you.  Alek and Lindsay have the best connection together of any of the teams IMO and he has turned out to be a very good dancer especially for someone who has never danced before.  Just because he is shy and humble doesn't mean he doesn't have personality.  He also postponed starting college this fall to be on DWTS so I would say that he definitely wanted to be there.  I guess different people have different opinions and see things differently than others do.  Its what makes the world go round.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Wanted to give a thumbs up to the post above me...SLA44.  But I can't find any thumbs.  

I agree that Alek and Lindsay are very beautiful and special together...all the more so for his lack of prior experience.

I can think of quite a few Memorable Years ("17 year journey") in the 4 seasons I have watched that were not sooo sad. Some very celebratory. Like our own lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I like Lindsey but Alek doesn't do anything for me.  I think shy people can have personality.  I don't know if it's because he is shy.  I just find him blah.  Maybe he's not used to being in front of cameras.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I'm not crazy about this theme either.  It's like they are forced to be melodramatic.  I know Alek is a hero and all that but he doesn't interest me as a dancer and he doesn't have a lot of personality.  It almost seems like he doesn't want to be there, like Lindsey has to force him to be interested.  They look alike though, like brother and sister.
I understand not having an interest in someone...........I felt that way about Noah last season..........I tried so hard because I like Sharna.   I didn't post my feelings about him, because the backlash of being un-American didn't seem worth it.     At least on this forum everyone seems to understand that people do not have to like everything about everyone!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:51 pm

SLA44 wrote:    Sorry but I have to disagree with you.  Alek and Lindsay have the best connection together of any of the teams IMO and he has turned out to be a very good dancer especially for someone who has never danced before.  Just because he is shy and humble doesn't mean he doesn't have personality.  He also postponed starting college this fall to be on DWTS so I would say that he definitely wanted to be there.  I guess different people have different opinions and see things differently than others do.  Its what makes the world go round.
Hmmmm.....I really thought there was a thumbs up emoticon on here.....oh well....how about a High five

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I like Lindsey but Alek doesn't do anything for me.  I think shy people can have personality.  I don't know if it's because he is shy.  I just find him blah.  Maybe he's not used to being in front of cameras.

Facing a lot of media is probably a new thing for Alek--and expressing himself with dance is likely very new for him too.  But I think Alek does have the poise to present himself well, even if he might be a bit stoic.  What he is going through right now in the real world and on DWTS will help him be more comfortable in front of a camera.  That he has been able to adapt to these different environments so far shows how responsive and flexible he is to the events that have been happening around him.  

Regarding dancing, Alek has yet to show that he can let loose on some of those other latin dances.  He has not been given that opportunity so far, and maybe that will be his biggest challenge.  Most Memorable Year week is not that time yet, but maybe in the next week or two.  If Alek can be comfortable with the hip movement requirements and show that he is having fun, that will be so amazing to see.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:35 am

Bindi's package is going to break my heart!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:47 am

Psychee22 wrote:Bindi's package is going to break my heart!
Yes I remember the night I was playing spades with a friend in Oregon and I was flipping around the net and saw a tiny story about a Steve Irwin who was killed doing some under water filming. Of course I didn't want to believe it was the Steve Irwin we knew on TV but some other guy called Steve.I told her about it and she went looking around for the story and found it,only this time it had more details about his death, it was the Steve Irwin we loved.

BTW I wonder if Tom B will get to join in .Apparently Alfonse is going to take over his role as Tom is going to be at the bedside of his sick and dying father. Sad

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:36 am

I wonder if they brought in Alfonso last week as a judge in order to transition to his hosting this week.  It does sort of help. Otherwise, it would have looked like he came in from nowhere.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm

http://www.people.com/article/tom-bergeron-alfonso-ribeiro-dwts-host?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Just realized.....on this site, a link doesn't look like a link unless you hover over the text with your mouse. Then the text color changes to red so you know it is a link.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top