Team Brown Sugar (Carlos and Witney)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Brown Sugar (Carlos and Witney) - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Brown Sugar (Carlos and Witney)

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:46 pm

Great choreography Witney.....just the right amount of everything in that number....and Carlos I agree... you owned that dance.  Thinking it was a great idea having the other guys do parts of that dance with him...might have made him more comfortable than if he was doing it on his own.......I still think Olivia thought it was a 10!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Team Brown Sugar (Carlos and Witney) - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Brown Sugar (Carlos and Witney)

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

So glad Carlos got over his "cold feet" and gave it his all in this dance. Shirley Ballas on After Buzz TV said she believes Carlos knows how this show works and knows very well how to play the game. She didn't believe for a minute that Carlos was shy about doing those moves because of his new found faith and religious convictions (my words, not Shirley's exact words but that was the gist). Anyway, Shirley intimated that Carlos was not shy at all about doing this dance and he knocked it out of the park. I agree, Carlos knocked it out of the park.

Witney did an awesome job with the choreography and incorporating the troupe. There was very little Rumba in that dance but I'm sure the judges were told not to expect much of the assigned genres in any of the dances (maybe with the exception of the Jazz numbers). Shirley did say that the pros were told to include only a very little of the assigned dance (such as Rumba, Samba, Jive, etc) and stick to the moves of the iconic dance they were recreating.

IMHO, the teams should not have been assigned a specific genre of dance.....just to recreate an iconic dance, period.

Great job Carlos and Witney. Carlos did so well even with the t shirt malfunction.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:37 pm

My favourite dance tonight. I simply loved the super drama and sweeping grandeur of the dance. Sweet.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Lesallee wrote:My favourite dance tonight. I simply loved the super drama and sweeping grandeur of the dance. Sweet.

I really liked this dance also for the reasons you said and he was really working that cape!!  I also saw the paso lines the judges have been talking about.
  Kudos also for the lift on the hover board! Witney looked so cute when she came out on hers Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Louis was on Afterbuzz yesterday and said this was the dance of the night for him. He loved the theatricality and grandeur of it. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Carlos and Alexa are in a kind of Meryl and Charlie situation. There is no room for both in the final four, and while Alexa may have peaked too early (and unfortunately not even with her original partner), Carlos has recently stepped it up quite a bit. And he is partnered with the cute and clever Witney, who might have a lot of Witfonso fans behind her. I know it's all like reading the coffee grounds, but that is my impression. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:22 pm

If true, that's bad luck for Alexa.  She is graceful, limber, has a very pretty petite body, looks lovely when she's on the dance floor, and has a sweet personality.  I think she would have made the finals in almost any other season. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Please be wrong, Bing. Carlos needs to stay. CAI was right for once, it started a little slow but it just built and built. Those tricks were wonderful!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:33 pm

That was one hot salsa!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:00 pm

So glad that Bing was wrong and Carlos stays. To me it would have been completely wrong for Andy to remain while Carlos left.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Babs2147 wrote:That was one hot salsa!

Oh yeah!!!   And thank you for choosing Mark Anthony.....loved seeing him!!    Too cute when Witney from Utah teaching a guy named Carlos Pena Vega the Salsa!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Sorry Carlos but you are way better than your wife.  
   An AT to Bieber....come on.....passion to a Bieber song really???.....It was great !

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Carlos has been accused not to care about his wife. I hope everybody saw his reaction when Alexa got the axe. This speaks for itself. Witney, keep doing what you're doing. AT and Paso on the same show, and both were better then they have been judged!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 pm

I liked it and so did Bruno! Yay!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Loved seeing karina in their trio dance ...miss her enthusiasm!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:12 am

Carlos deserved tens for that dance.  What is wrong with CA?  I actually like Carlos' dancing better than Nick's.  I think Carlos has more pizzazz.  I just like his style more.  Nick is a good dancer but he seems so subdued most of the time, though I thought Nick's best dancing was in his trio dance.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:18 am

Fantastic choreography on the trio dance.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Because no one seems to care any longer, I will do what has to be done. Thank you Carlos and Witney for some of the best dances of the season. You never really had a chance, but you were confident until the very end and never gave up. Witney, that freestyle was so clever- totally your trademark!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top