Big and Small Screens

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big and Small Screens - Page 2 Empty Re: Big and Small Screens

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 pm

whit22 wrote:I love the Shows Revenge, The Voice, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, Criminal Minds, and Point of Interest.

Now do not laugh at these ..I also Like The Housewifes of Orange County and New Jersey plus I am a Glee geek I love musicals and I love Lea Micheles Voice. I usually DVR these so when i am board I can watch them.

Hi Whit, I like the Housewives of Orange County too. It's the only Housewives that I watch...I didn't want to get on Housewives overload. Vicky is my favorite. She is so upfront and always tells it like it is!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
whit22 wrote:I love the Shows Revenge, The Voice, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, Criminal Minds, and Point of Interest.

Now do not laugh at these ..I also Like The Housewifes of Orange County and New Jersey plus I am a Glee geek I love musicals and I love Lea Micheles Voice. I usually DVR these so when i am board I can watch them.

Hi Whit, I like the Housewives of Orange County too. It's the only Housewives that I watch...I didn't want to get on Housewives overload. Vicky is my favorite. She is so upfront and always tells it like it is!!

rein ...My favorite is Gretchen I just love how she has changed for the better now and tries to keep peace. I have no idea why I watch the New Jersey one but when you get hooked your hooked on these silly shows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:03 pm

whit22 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

rein ...My favorite is Gretchen I just love how she has changed for the better now and tries to keep peace. I have no idea why I watch the New Jersey one but when you get hooked your hooked on these silly shows.

I know this is not a show or movie but my favorite thing is to watch is football on Sundays, Mondays and Thursday nights. That is what I really love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 pm

whit22 wrote:
I know this is not a show or movie but my favorite thing is to watch is football on Sundays, Mondays and Thursday nights. That is what I really love.

Me, too, Whit, and it's a long time even to the pre-season.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:48 am

Widder Woman wrote:
whit22 wrote:

Me, too, Whit, and it's a long time even to the pre-season.

I'm with you both!! I love football. Watching the Combine, and then the Draft helps a little bit, WW.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 am

Hi USN....I do watch the SVU marathons. I like it
because there are so many episodes the same ones don't get run over and
over. I know everyone loves Scandal, but I missed the first season so
when I tune into the show I feel lost, plus they talk so fast it drives
me crazy. I also really like House Hunters International just to see
different parts of the world and how people live. History channel is
another good one.

How nice you get to spend so much time with
your grandson and he doesn't have to go to a sitter at such a young age.
Just think, he keeps you young. But I have a hunch you will probably
be ready for a break by early summer. Take care and enjoy the little
one.

Hi Rein! If you want to watch season 1 of Scandal to catch up, you could go on line. There wasn't that many episodes in the season because in debuted in Feb or Mar.

HA! I don't know about keeping me young, but he sure is wearing me out. To think, he's only 7 wks old, I can't imagine what he'll be like when he hits the terrible twos.

I hope you are not in the path of any those snow storms. Take care of yourself!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I saw Oz Friday afternoon. If you see it, be sure to see it in 3D. There would be little point in seeing it, otherwise. The story is cute and the acting is fine, but the plot is totally predictable. And even though there is a lot of neat-o gee whiz stuff in it, the 3D in Life of Pi was better.

Still, it made for a nice afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks WW, we plan on seeing Oz soon. I like to wait until the theaters aren't so crowded. Glad you enjoyed the movie. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

ATN, yes, I saw it early afternoon before school was out. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:06 am

Hi WW, smart of you to see the movie before the kids get out! I have a question, was it too intense for small children? That is what the warning says but I think my girls could handle it. I actually can't wait to see. We'll go during the spring break in two weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:20 pm

ATN, how small are your children? There are big, scary things with huge teeth that come flying right out of the screen at you. They startled me enough a couple of times to make me jump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi WW, they are 9 and 11. It sounds pretty intense in 3D, and my 9 year old does not like 3D movies anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:58 pm

ATN, I'd guess this one would be too much for her/him, then. Maybe take her/him to a non-3D version so if all the kids are talking about it at school s/he won't feel totally left out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks WW, I appreciate your advice Very Happy I think we will see the 2D version. I love anything "wizard of oz" so I'm really looking forward to it. Would love to see the play, Wicked, one of these days as well. Anyway, thanks again, WW, hope you're having a great weekend. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:02 pm

You're most welcome, ATN! I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out after your kids have seen it.

I hope you're having a good weekend, too. I'm retired, so every day is Saturday to me. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Widder Woman wrote:You're most welcome, ATN! I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out after your kids have seen it.

I hope you're having a good weekend, too. I'm retired, so every day is Saturday to me. Wink

Do you not have or like Sundays? See no apostrophe! Big and Small Screens - Page 2 2910745359
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Saturday is the day that occurs when you don't work today and you don't work tomorrow, either.

That's why all my days are Saturdays.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Saturday is the day that occurs when you don't work today and you don't work tomorrow, either.

That's why all my days are Saturdays.

Yes I have those same kind of days and love every minute of it (most of the time).
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:44 pm

I watched "Life of Pi" yesterday. I thought it was a great movie and highly recommend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Well, you'll have to go deeper than that. He begins by saying he's going to tell Yann Martel, the visiting writer, a story that will make him believe in God.

His first description of the shipwreck and his lifeboat has a Bengal tiger, a zebra with a broken leg, an orangutan, and a hyena. Soon the other animals kill each other until only Pi and the tiger remain in the lifeboat. After some rather breathtaking adventures, they finally come ashore off the coast of Mexico.

Insurance adjusters interview Pi right after he is found. They don't believe his story, and conclude that those on the lifeboat were Pi's mother, a sailor from the ship, and a cook from the ship. However, they can't prove it.

Pi asks them which story they prefer. Because it doesn't matter (the adjusters were interested only in what caused the freighter to go down), they humor him and say they prefer the animal story. Pi thanks them and says, "And so it goes with God."

How does this make anyone (such as the visiting writer) believe in God? Hints are that God likes allegory, and the Bible is filled with allegorical stories. While that may be true, how does this allegorical story make one believe in God?

The movie is visually beautiful, especially in 3D. The filming is just plain breathtaking. The acting is wonderful, both by the teenage Pi and the adult Pi. The story is well plotted. But I left with questions, not answers.

Can you enlighten me?

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 pm

I also saw Oz, and also early. Went to the one o'clock showing. There was one older couple, one middle aged woman, and then i sashayed in and thought "oh goody, pracically have the theater all to myself just the way I like it"!
I saw it in 3D too which is the onoly way to see it, but I also had a choice of XD 3D and chose that (npt too sure what it even was). Well, the screen is MUCH bigger. It was two tories high and had a deeper curve. It was a child of IMAX.
After the movie I went into all the other theaters showing it (times were staggered). the regular 3D i could see without the glasses, but in the XD 3D it was blurry without the glasses on. 2D was just the mornal way of viewing and seemed exactly like the 3D without the glasses. Result: I was hppy that I sw it in XD. Everything jumped out at you more, however, the background seemed more unimportant and out of focus than in the other theaters.
Good thing I saw it last Thursday because on Friday the XD movie cahnged to Olympus Has Fallen and I have no desire to see mass shootings and blood and gore in XD 3D:Big and Small Screens - Page 2 3122983877
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Widder Woman! I'm sorry I am late in responding to you. Sometimes I only have brief moments to stop in. Very Happy I completely agree with you, I was left with many questions than answers. I did very much enjoy the movie but I have to be honest, when you watch a movie with my 9 year old daughter, SHE has a lot of questions! LOL So sometimes it can be distracting. I felt like this was the type of movie, at least for me, that I would have to watch again. We discussed this movie at the dinner table on Easter and my sister in law felt that the animals were really the people in his life (his mom, the cook). He couldn't deal with reality so he created these animals in his mind. Do you agree with this? I went into this movie not having a clue what it was about. It definitely threw me for a loop! I thought the acting was great as well. I wish I could enlighten you more. Maybe after I watch it again, we'll talk. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 am

I have to admit I like Say Yes to the Dress and Something Borrowed, Something New on Friday nights on TLC. I also watch Project Runway, The Voice, and DWTS. But I really love the old George Burns and Gracie Allen shows on Antenna TV at 11pm MDT. They crack me up.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 am

For all the parents and grandparents out there, Parental Guidance is very funny! We watched it last night and I laughed through most of the movie. Very funny watching Billy Crystal and Bette Midler take over parenting of their 3 grandchildren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:00 pm

USN wrote:The last movie I saw was Les Miserables. I thought it was fantastic. I loved the music, the acting was good, and even though it was a long movie, it moved along quickly.

I just watched Les Miserables yesterday. Unbelievable! Even though they sing throughout the movie, it does move along quickly and is very intense. I saw the play in NYC 20 years ago and loved it. This movie is great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum