DWTS Renewed ....

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Renewed  .... - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Renewed ....

Post by luvthepros on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:42 am

Oak wrote:
I think that it is pretty plain who the "winner" will be.I am enjoying the dancing.
Would that be Hannah or James?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:37 pm

At the beginning I thought Hannah or James were the front runners. Now more dancers are really doing  much better, so how know what will be happens now.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:21 am

Once again did not agree with some of the scores.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 am

I would have rather Ally left.  I don't find her dancing memorable.  I also find Lauren irritating.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:05 am

Oakma wrote:The show is kind of blah this season.

I don't get to watch it on the night so I am behind a bit.I think that it is pretty plain who the "winner" will be.I am enjoying the dancing.

I really like Emma's new hair color.
It has a feeling like this is going to be the last show.  There is less backstage drama and stories.  I could see James winning since he is a good dancer and likable.  Kel is also good.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:00 am

Hi, folks!  I agree with Oakma about the blahs.  I am having trouble caring about any of the contestants.  I haven't voted at all.  Usually by this point I have picked a favorite, but not this year.  Not sure what that is about.

This is a huge contrast to how I felt during the juvenile DWTS last season, which I really enjoyed.  The kids were exceptional, as were their adult pro trainers.  I hope they bring that back at some point.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I would have rather Ally left.  I don't find her dancing memorable.  I also find Lauren irritating.
I agree with you completely on both of those. Not sure why the judges are so enamored with Ally. They definitely choose to not see some of her mistakes.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Sorry Sasha, but that was a boring Tango.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm

I started late watching. I haven’t been impressed. Leaving normally yappy me without much to say.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am

Well I am glad it is not just me ... I was beginning to think I might be depressed  ...  Laughing

The scoring is really wonky and the judges as per usual don't want to give praise to the ones who deserve it.This is supposed to be the "dramatic" bit of the show that keeps peoples interest  ... (yawn)

I do think it at least should be a bit entertaining but I can just watch the dances on YT and enjoy them without listening to the whole drab show.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:08 am

I noticed that this board doesn't even have a title to go with the new season.  It is like the season hasn't even started but we are already halfway through.

Did any of you see Trevor Noah's piece about Sean Spicer's use of  Breitbart to get votes?

Spicer is buying time on Trump support venues to get votes, telling people that a vote for him on DWTS is a sign of patriotism.  To defend him against the liberals who don't think conservatives should exist.  

This, for a show that has always been conservative-leaning with all the Mormon dancers, all the born again Christians and country music icons that are part of every season!

This twisting of reality to make people mad so they will take the time to vote for him makes me ill.

It is very depressing.  And I fear that he will win because they are motivated voters while folks like me cannot find a favorite to vote for.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:26 pm

I doubt that he would win.  Well, even if he did it's only a dance show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Hey  Glitter!   No one imagined that Bobby Bones would win last season until it happened.  He was not a good dancer.   But his fans were gleefully motivated.  In his case, though, I didn't mind.  He was genuinely entertaining. 

Sean, on the other hand, is telling the audience that he loves the idea of putting politics aside and playing nicely with the group while badmouthing those same ‘liberals’  behind their backs to get votes.

I wish Len would call him on it.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Aren't there a lot of people who don't like him?  Did you see Melissa McCarthy impersonate him on Saturday Night Live?  She was hysterical.  Let's hope for the best.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:28 am

Melissa McCarthy's impersonations of him were indeed hilarious.

But that was quite awhile ago, and he has been trying to repair his image by doing schtiks like DWTS and other entertainment venues. People forgive him for his lies as presidential spokesperson when they see him laugh at himself.   But he is not the misunderstood nice guy caught in a bad job if he is still, today,  lying and playing the political divide and conquer game behind the scenes.

I would love for DWTS to have just one week when the elimination is based on dance scores alone.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:56 am

Since the judges have the last say, I don't think they will let him win.  They don't care for his dancing, but think he gives it a good try and is entertaining.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:44 am

Psych wrote:
Did any of you see Trevor Noah's piece about Sean Spicer's use of  Breitbart to get votes?

Spicer is buying time on Trump support venues to get votes, telling people that a vote for him on DWTS is a sign of patriotism.  To defend him against the liberals who don't think conservatives should exist.  

This, for a show that has always been conservative-leaning with all the Mormon dancers, all the born again Christians and country music icons that are part of every season!

This twisting of reality to make people mad so they will take the time to vote for him makes me ill.

It is very depressing.  And I fear that he will win because they are motivated voters while folks like me cannot find a favorite to vote for.
This ticks me off so much. The judges were so po'd that Bobby won last season that they changed the show and gave themselves a weekly save. Wonder if their heads will explode if he wins. 

He tries to portray himself as a good, lovable guy but it looks like he's just the same old a$$.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:04 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Since the judges have the last say, I don't think they will let him win.  They don't care for his dancing, but think he gives it a good try and is entertaining.

They only have the last say if he falls into the bottom two.  So far, even when he is ten points below any other dancer, he escapes the bottom two because of his voters.  And the longer he stays, the more people join the voting bandwagon, hoping to make "liberal minds explode".   It's a sadistic game for them.

Anyway, I was bothered by this so much that I emailed the Disney marketing exec in charge of DWTS concerns.

Perhaps she will consider my advice to have Len get on his soapbox about this show needing to be a safe space for all, castigate those folks who are practicing dirty politics to get votes, then, as a remedy, throw out all votes one week and eliminate simply on judges' scores.  Then Sean would be out, and a few folks would learn their lesson about screwing DWTS.

It would become a viral moment.  Great for Disney.

I don't mind when the best dancer doesn't win.  But the winner should win honestly and not as the result of dirty politics.

Soapbox
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 am

I can't believe they care so much about him winning this show since it is just a dance show.  What does it prove if he wins?  That conservatives prevail?  I just refuse to believe he will win.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:15 pm

I'm not surprised at his cheating since when he was in Trump's cabinet he did nothing but lie. People don't change, but they try to fool everybody. They also have a huge ego and think everybody else is stupid.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I can't believe they care so much about him winning this show since it is just a dance show.  What does it prove if he wins?  That conservatives prevail?  I just refuse to believe he will win.

Every week he stays they congratulate themselves for being uber-powerful and sticking it to liberals through their collective action.  I guess they get an opportunity to gloat?

What Sean gets, though, is another $10k or so paycheck and a pat on the back from his Fuhrer.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:55 am

therealdfshary wrote:I'm not surprised at his cheating since when he was in Trump's cabinet he did nothing but lie. People don't change, but they try to fool everybody. They also have a huge ego and think everybody else is stupid.

Still, 40% of the country offers them unwavering support. 

That is a scary amount of support for people who are so obviously crooked.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Yes it is scary that 40% of the country doesn't care that this administration are liars and cheaters 
Hopefully this will all end soon.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:09 pm

As soon as Sean came on, I turned the channel.

According to googling, it seems like he's been doing the whole political Breitbart thing longer than I thought. The earliest mention I found of him using those idiots is Sept. 30th when he thanked them for putting him through to the next round.

SMDH
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:42 pm

It does not surprise me! They are all alike.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum