DWTS Renewed ....

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Renewed  .... - Page 5 Empty Re: DWTS Renewed ....

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 pm

OMFG, really?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:11 am

Sean is really throwing this show off.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 am

It is so very sad for the show to be involved with this.I knew that TPTB would take it too far one day and it seems this season they have.I understand that they feel they must have some drama on the show but this is so much worst than anything they have instigated in the past.Even last seasons set up win was not hateful as this.

This could very well be the death blow that they cannot come back from.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:20 am

Another depressing ending to a show which otherwise had some terrific dancing.

Sean was the first to be declared safe.  

Did anyone else notice that last week the judges marked him with a 666?  Fitting!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am

I didn't think it was the show's fault but whatever Sean is doing behind the scenes to get votes?  The judges should walk off the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:44 pm

I put most of the blame squarely on Sean and the crooked branch of the political right wingers. 

But the producers also have contributed to the fiasco.  First, they invited him, knowing full well that he would come as a package deal with the crooks.

Second, they changed the voting so that people can vote ten times by phone for EACH team.   That means that any well organized group can vote their fingers off for Sean, but if we wanted him to go home, we would have to match those votes for every other team.  In other words, for every ten votes they called in for Sean, we would have to make sixty phone calls for the other six contestants (when there are only seven left in total) just to even the score.

I also think it would be fairly easy to write a program to make thousands of calls for him through a computer. Today, phone apps for businesses have a way of randomly changing what the system sees as a phone number.  And the folks he is dealing with at Breitbart are no strangers to social media bots.

Not that I have any proof that they are doing that, mind you, I just think that they should have seen the potential for cheating when they made the new rules.

And finally, I have to call them to task when they are giving him 7s for a 4 quality dance.  He is probably getting so many votes that it doesn't matter, but every point he gets out of kindness increases the likelihood that he will come back the next week.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 pm

And the judges are pretending to not understand why Sean is still there.  It's also that he isn't a good dancer.  If he were at least good, that would be something.  I was surprised by those scores too.  When it comes down to the last two to win, do the judges have the last vote of who wins?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pm

No.  They only have a say in the eliminations.  And their choice is limited to the bottom two.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:26 pm

I hope that they've finally learned their lesson and realized that casting anyone with a political bent is asking for trouble.

Sean takes great pride in his (and the conservatives) ability to stick it to the left through a dancing show. Some accomplishment. LMAO.

Wow Sean what a way to make your mark on America... but you already did that with all your lies for the Orange Cheeto.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:12 pm

I have been saying for years not to have anybody with a political background.  Beating a dead horse         Too bad that they didn't pick a person that wasn't involved with this administration. If he wins this show is dead in the water.  i'm so sad because this has always been my favorite program. I even planned vacations around it!   Crying or Very sad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Do you think the same thing would have happened if Kamala Harris or Cory Booker or even AO-C joined the cast, instead of a right winger?
Somehow I don't see left wingers mobilizing to turn a vanilla reality show into a venue for political psychological warfare. I think they would just have normal fan voting behavior.

What do you all imagine would happen?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am

Not somebody that is trying to run for president. Maybe a senator or a congressman or woman. It would be low key. As I said I don't  think political people should be on the show.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 am

Transcript from FOX Ingraham

INGRAHAM: It's time for our "Seen and Unseen" segment where we expose the big cultural stories of the day. Targeting a dancing press secretary, a new label for singles, and the Mueller Report as you've never seen it before.
Joining us with all the details, Raymond Arroyo, FOX News contributor. All right, Raymond, Sean Spicer has survived week after week after week on "Dancing with the Stars," but the snobby judges don't seem to care about the people who actually vote for him.
RAYMOND ARROYO, CONTRIBUTOR: They are a little cranky because he survived, Laura. As you know, the stars survive by getting a majority of viewers to vote for them, and through the scores provided by the judges. This week, Spicer, who has no fear of being confused with Gene Kelly, did a jazzy sailor number, and the judges were downright surly.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We keep throwing you out the boat, and the viewers keep throwing a life preserver.
(LAUGHTER)
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You don't have many jazz bones in your body, do you? And your ship at times looked like it was going to get lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
INGRAHAM: Needless to say, he got the lowest scores of the night, but he survived due to support of the audience, Laura. Now Spicer and the president, really, changed the game up on "Dancing with the Stars" because the president has turned this into something of a campaign. He has urged his Twitter followers to vote each week for Spicer. And at this point, the man could literally do squats in the middle of Fifth Avenue in his undershirt and the audience would probably support him.
All of this has pushed Judge Carrie Ann Inaba to the brink. She told "Us Weekly," "My reaction to Sean being saved, it's frustrating. There are really great dancers being sent home. I can't be mad at it, but it's frustrating."
INGRAHAM: They don't like democracy. Let me tell you, they didn't like democracy in 2016. If they don't get the results next year, they're going to claim Ukraine meddled in the election, for goodness' sakes. Now, maybe Ukraine or Russia meddled in this. Maybe we can --
ARROYO: ABC should be thanking this audience and Sean Spicer, because he has kept the ratings pretty high, 6 million people tune in just about every week. If he leaves, those ratings will go down.
INGRAHAM: I have a prediction. If Spicer wins this in the end, OK, the rule for "Dancing with the Stars" --
ARROYO: They're going to change --
INGRAHAM: It's like they want to pack the court or change the Electoral College.
ARROYO: They'll have an Electoral College.
INGRAHAM: This one will be -- no more rule by democracy.

====
Comments?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 pm

They should have him do just squats on the show and see if he gets the same amount of votes.  It would prove what a farce this show will become.  I don't know if this has happened with any other political person on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:28 pm

It happened with Bristol Palin, too.  She was the one of the worst dancers but came in second (?) because of her mother's tea party fans.  They said the same things that Ingraham is saying about Sean. And introduced the term "hater" for anyone who thought she was staying on longer than her dancing deserved.

And again, I don't mind when a very entertaining but not so great of a dancer stays on.  It is the hate-fueled politics that ruins things for me.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Hey Psychee, you really kicked this board into gear- thanks for that. You asked for comments? Here' my two cents, and let me focus on just one aspect. Quote: '
ARROYO: ABC should be thanking this audience and Sean Spicer, because he has kept the ratings pretty high, 6 million people tune in just about every week. If he leaves, those ratings will go down...'
And here we have the explanation for the phenomenon that is Sean Spicer. The ratings are a disaster; dropping each season (about 40 % in the last two years). The lower the number of regular viewers, the easier for Spicer and his folks to occupy the show. To claim he would keep the ratings high is what? Exactly: alternative facts.

There have always been controversial contestants; political background or not. But there have also been great dancers- winners or not- who made up for that and reminded us what this show is or should be about. Just this season  there's no one I could get behind. And since I'm probably not the only one, this also helps Spicer to proceed.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Hey DMD!  Yes, I know why they cast him.  They thought it would be good for ratings.  But I don't think it worked.  Those numbers are awful!   I think so many of us feel beaten down from Trump's never ending antagonistic behavior that having him and his minions invade our safe space right now has just left us numb and depressed.

You are in Germany.  You might not feel the bad energy quite as much as some of us over here do, but even you must feel the overwhelming feeling of loss of a (mostly, ideally, idealistically)  benevolent America on the world stage.  He has made us feel ugly.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Hey DMD!  Yes, I know why they cast him.  They thought it would be good for ratings.  But I don't think it worked.  Those numbers are awful!   I think so many of us feel beaten down from Trump's never ending antagonistic behavior that having him and his minions invade our safe space right now has just left us numb and depressed.

You are in Germany.  You might not feel the bad energy quite as much as some of us over here do, but even you must feel the overwhelming feeling of loss of a (mostly, ideally, idealistically)  benevolent America on the world stage.  He has made us feel ugly.
Well said Psychee22    Smile
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm

When you stand and listen to someone spout off and stomp on everything that is decent you can take it for a few minutes and shrug it off as nonsense.When it is happening non-stop then after a while you get a sick feeling that won't leave you.That is kind of where we are now.

It is hard to remember that there will be an end to it somewhere.I believe the old saying that my mother used to quote "You can have all your own way but you can't have mine too"  .... we all have to live together and some stomping around over others is no help in the long run.We should all be helping each other.

I will get off my soap box now  ... Wink 
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I don't know if it would help to vote 10 times for everyone else but Sean, but it's sad that better dancers are going home.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 pm

I think TPTB will find a way to get him out of the way.They do it every other season so I don't see it changing now.

.... unless of course he has been cast as the winner   .... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Oakma wrote:I think TPTB will find a way to get him out of the way.They do it every other season so I don't see it changing now.

I hope they do... and perish the thought, lol!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Had to turn the channel while he's on.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 pm

peebeeb wrote:
Oakma wrote:I think TPTB will find a way to get him out of the way.They do it every other season so I don't see it changing now.

I hope they do... and perish the thought, lol!
Then why didn't they do that last year with Bobby Bones? At least half the people were better than him.   Sad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:25 pm

... because he was cast as the winner.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum