Alzheimers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alzheimers Empty Alzheimers

Post by moon0627 Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 pm

I just have to give kudos to GH for making this a storyline.  Its so relevant today as many of us have senior parents or we know someone who is dealing with this devastating disease.  The actor playing Sonny's father Mike is doing an excellent job of being in denial with whats happening to him and Sonny is for once acting like a human being.   Well done GH  Applause
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Alzheimers Empty Re: Alzheimers

Post by Freda3000 Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 am

I am loving Max Gail's performance, but sad that because of the diagnosis he may not be around for long.  I am hoping that he will be able to get help that keeps the character on the show for at least a few years.  It is good to see Sonny in "son" mode.

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 pm

this is a good storyline and Sonny is doing a fine job of acting and so is Carly. i felt very bad for Mike today though, when Rita told Carly she's "Out", and went back to Brooklyn.  She's not going to stand by him and that is so sad, as they've been together for 5 years. Such a shame, he's going to be devastated.  Sad

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by believeinme246 Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:14 pm

When Maurice started telling Laura about Mike, and he started to cry as Sonny and couldn't continue, it really moved me. As much as I can't get in bed with a murderer, I can't deny MB's true talent. It was a very touching scene.
believeinme246
believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by believeinme246 Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 pm

I really acted the character of Rita. I was really bummed that she said that they had a good run but she wasn't going to be a nurse. It broke my heart. It is all too real, but I really liked the actress and the character and hoped she'd play a bigger role. I'm hoping that she changes her tune. It's okay to have Mike live with Carson and not go home as long as she's there to visit as long as he could recognize her. She won't need to bear the burden of care. She could just be there to laugh with him while he can laugh.
believeinme246
believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by wizkids64 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:40 pm

It is great to see that Mike and Sonny are getting a good story line

wizkids64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 pm

believeinme246 wrote:I really acted the character of Rita. I was really bummed that she said that they had a good run but she wasn't going to be a nurse. It broke my heart. It is all too real, but I really liked the actress and the character and hoped she'd play a bigger role. I'm hoping that she changes her tune. It's okay to have Mike live with Carson and not go home as long as she's there to visit as long as he could recognize her. She won't need to bear the burden of care. She could just be there to laugh with him while he can laugh.

I agree. I could not believe Rita said that. She would not be his nurse, just a loving friend. So selfish of her.
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:03 pm

no offense, honest,,, but I looked at that scene somewhat differently.. 
in my opinion, Rita wasn't being selfish or cruel - although she might have been portrayed that way.
I think she may have experienced a sudden moment of insight..
everybody has their own threshold of how much pain and suffering and sacrifice they can endure..
maybe Rita knew herself so well and she realized that while her love for Mike was still there, no matter what,
but down deep in her heart, she knows she just can't do this.......

as difficult as it must have been, and as guilty as she must have felt, Rita has a firm grip on reality and she understands her limitations -
she knows that she doesn;t have the ability to save Mike, so she decided to save herself instead,
and it probably took all the strength she had to turn her back and walk away. 

Alzheimer's is such an awful, horrendous, debilitating and unforgiving disease - it not only destroys the patient, but if not handled 'properly', it has the power to destroy most everyone in that person's orbit,,,

the effects of Alzheimer's and Dementia are very far-reaching and the collateral damage to loved ones can be absolutely devastating.

Last edited by FLPeaches on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
FLPeaches
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 pm

FLPeaches wrote:no offense, honest,,, but I looked at that scene somewhat differently.. 
in my opinion, Rita wasn't being selfish or cruel - although she might have been portrayed that way.
I think she may have experienced a sudden moment of insight..
everybody has their own threshold of how much pain and suffering and self-sacrifice they can endure..
maybe Rita knew herself so well and she realized that while her love for Mike was still there, no matter what,
but down deep in her heart, she knows she just can't do this.......
she doesn;t have the ability to save Mike, so she decided to save herself instead,

and it probably took all the strength she had to turn her back and walk away. 

Alzheimer's is such an awful, horrendous, unforgiving disease - it not only destroys the patient, but if not handled 'properly', it has the power to destroy most everyone in that person's orbit,,,

the effects of Alzheimer's and Dementia are very far-reaching and the collateral damage to loved ones can be absolutely devastating.
well said Peaches!  My first impression watching though was: "that's so unfair Rita!"  Then I thought well, what else, that's why so many people "don't" get married today - so this way there's no real commitment, and most just bail any time they want, even for some trivial reasons!   But what you said in BOLD, sounds about right!  Marriage on the other hand, if honored and saying those vows means an awful lot, "For better or worse, in sickness and in health".   And again that's why most just live together. 
The acting today especially was amazing. Carly, (besides her hair looking the BEST it's ever, made her face more beautiful) was so impressive and so compassionate!  Sonny, he just made a tug at my heart, and the pain showed on his face, he was so believable! They picked the right man when selecting Max to play the role of Mike.  An interesting and so far, well written story line.

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum