Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 27 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 am

This is just an opinion, but I'm not sure Val could have prepared her for it. I think because of her story she might be used to getting what she wants and  she wanted that MB. It's almost like arrested development at the age she got sick. She lost a lot of adolescent years and she has some growing up to do.
 I don't remember anyone either , at least saying thank you to their partner.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 27 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 am

I can see that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:54 am

I too watch skating sometimes,particularly the ice dance.I always hold my breath on all the lifts and jumps until they land safely  .... Smile
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 am

It is usually the pairs skaters that perform the death defying moves. This video features our great Canadian pairs team of Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford. It is an exhibition number for a gala. But there is a great example of ultra scary tricks towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCNgFKMt0zM
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 pm

I have stopped watching pairs dancing and single women's dancing because of all the potential injury drama involved now.  Triple jumps aren't exciting enough?  Now they have to do quadruples to get the media love.  I don't enjoy that stuff.  But I will watch ice dancing because they at least hold onto each other most of the time and can break each other's falls if necessary.  Also, their dancing is still more artistic than spectacle.  JMO, though.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   This is just an opinion, but I'm not sure Val could have prepared her for it. I think because of her story she might be used to getting what she wants and  she wanted that MB. It's almost like arrested development at the age she got sick. She lost a lot of adolescent years and she has some growing up to do.

I have a hard time agreeing with this.  That girl went through years of physical training and probably had to deal with thousands of moments of failure along the way.  No one gets a gold medal without pain.  She trained seven days a week for her swimming.  If anything, I would say that she has learned that in order to get anything you have work your buns off and even then, winning may not be in the cards.  

I would rather chalk up her tears to simply having been blind sighted by the elimination.  That she had just had her best scores and the judges had laid it on thick about how wonderful of a dancer she was.  She was riding high on the compliments and then wham!  she was out.

She was given one whole minute to react before the end of the show, and in that time, Val was giving her a pep talk, Tom was giving her a pep talk, then Val was talking to the camera, and her family was brought in.  Truly, when did she actually have time to think of what to say much less say it?  

Some pros prepare their celebs every week for an elimination, and they talk about how to handle it in advance.  Lindsey Stirling expects an elimination every week, for example.  They already have a script of what to say and how to react.  I don't think Victoria had one prepared. 

At least she did the after show press circuit and she flew to NYC and did the GMA bit.  That got her crying again, but not because of the loss, but rather because her parents were saying such wonderful things to her.  

And I would bet any amount of money that a big part of her tears on Monday night had to do with a belief that she had let OTHERS down, like her partner.  She would not be the first celeb to cry for that reason.  

But still, it is hard to watch.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Wow  ... that pair can really perform ... that was awesome !!
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks for that video sis, that was amazing....how thrilling it must be for those skaters to push themselves like that!!  That's the difference between 'oh that was good to WOW! !!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:   This is just an opinion, but I'm not sure Val could have prepared her for it. I think because of her story she might be used to getting what she wants and  she wanted that MB. It's almost like arrested development at the age she got sick. She lost a lot of adolescent years and she has some growing up to do.

I have a hard time agreeing with this.  That girl went through years of physical training and probably had to deal with thousands of moments of failure along the way.  No one gets a gold medal without pain.  She trained seven days a week for her swimming.  If anything, I would say that she has learned that in order to get anything you have work your buns off and even then, winning may not be in the cards.  

I would rather chalk up her tears to simply having been blind sighted by the elimination.  That she had just had her best scores and the judges had laid it on thick about how wonderful of a dancer she was.  She was riding high on the compliments and then wham!  she was out.

She was given one whole minute to react before the end of the show, and in that time, Val was giving her a pep talk, Tom was giving her a pep talk, then Val was talking to the camera, and her family was brought in.  Truly, when did she actually have time to think of what to say much less say it?  

Some pros prepare their celebs every week for an elimination, and they talk about how to handle it in advance.  Lindsey Stirling expects an elimination every week, for example.  They already have a script of what to say and how to react.  I don't think Victoria had one prepared. 

At least she did the after show press circuit and she flew to NYC and did the GMA bit.  That got her crying again, but not because of the loss, but rather because her parents were saying such wonderful things to her.  

And I would bet any amount of money that a big part of her tears on Monday night had to do with a belief that she had let OTHERS down, like her partner.  She would not be the first celeb to cry for that reason.  

But still, it is hard to watch.

Yes that is one perspective, but I'm going with  she was mad she didn't get in the finals and that's what the tears and when Val told her to take a bow it was like ...oh if I have to so she just did a little looking down of her head.

In my head the only speech Lindsey has is her Taylor Swift mouth open ohhh who me, I won the MB?  Hand on hip saying no it was Mark ...no it was me....with her hair in little pig tails or looking like she is standing in front of a wind machine.     Take a bow I am glad to see that her rib healed so quickly!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Jordan has skipped rehearsals and cut out all his other commitments because of a scratched cornea. It doesn't sound good. I hope he can continue.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:08 am

Keeping my fingers crossed that Jordan's eye injury
is healed by Monday night.  Really looking forward
to Lindsay and his freestyle. Very Happy
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Lesallee wrote:It is usually the pairs skaters that perform the death defying moves. This video features our great Canadian pairs team of Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford. It is an exhibition number for a gala. But there is a great example of ultra scary tricks towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCNgFKMt0zM
Thanks for posting that because it just seems like we very seldom get coverage of pairs skating any more. All the networks concentrate on are the men's and women's; and with the exception of Jason Brown, I'm bored to tears with the current crop.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 pm

I am glad all of you enjoyed the skating video. Well, I guess Psychee didn't but you can't win 'em all. We have very extensive coverage of skating here in Canada with some fantastic skaters. Meagan Duhamel was a singles skater without any notable success until joining up wth Eric  Radford. Then they struck gold.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Has this season ended ? Who won or is in the finals?
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Finals next Mon and Tues. F4: Jordan/Lindsay, Frankie/Witney, Drew/Emma, Lindsey/Mark.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Week 10 Finals Dance Styles and Music

JUDGES' PICKS REDEMPTION DANCE

Drew & Emma: Paso Doble to "Get Ready" by Rayelle (Judge: Bruno Tonioli)

Frankie & Witney: Foxtrot to "I Won't Dance" by Frank Sinatra (Judge: Carrie Ann Inaba)

Jordan & Lindsay: Charleston to "Bad Man" by Pitbull feat. Robin Thicke, Joe Perry and Travis Barker (Judge: Len Goodman)

Lindsey & Mark: Quickstep to "Barflies at the Beach" by Royal Crown Revue (Judge: Julianne Hough)

FREESTYLE MUSIC

Drew & Emma: "The Ding-Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line" by Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Frankie & Witney: "Run Boy Run" by Woodkid

Jordan & Lindsay: "Puttin' On the Ritz 2017 (Jazzy Radio Mix)" by Taco feat. tomX

Lindsey & Mark: "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor feat. Styles of Beyond/"Palladio" by Escala (Medley)

Last edited by Maria Christine on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

The press release says that for the first time during the finale on Tuesday, you can vote again online for five minutes after each couple has danced their favorite dance of the season and their 24-Hour Fusion dance.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I just wish they'd come up with more fresh music for the finals. A lot of the songs have been used before, but Iconic Week is over. The ones I clearly remember:
I Won't Dance: Riker and Allison (Freestyle)
Bad Man: Antonio and Sharna (Quickstep)
Ding Dong Daddy...: Jacoby and Karina (Lindy Hop)
Run Boy Run: Bethany and Derek (Paso Doble)
But let's see what they make of it.

No predictions for the win with two dark horses in the race.

Last edited by DeadManDancing on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 pm

I see Julianne, sister of Derek, yes Derek that taught Lindsey S.  the AT she did in her video is her coach(I could have done without any Houghs coming back).... Self taught? right Suspect At least Mark tried to be honest about it saying she hadn't been professionally trained, but then again Derek is a professional.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm

I have nothing against Julianne, let alone Lindsey, but the combination does leave a little aftertaste- you're right. Many fans might have expected it though. I would have prefered Jules working with Jordan, instead of Len. They have the same kind of youthful energy. Bruno and Lindsey would have been great too, because out of all judges, Bruno has always appreciated Mark's creativity the most.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm

The history between Mark and JH is a little questionable, the abuse allegations JH made against the Ballas' and that one season she told Mark he was overshadowing his partner, I think it was Christina Milian, but we do know how dwts loves the drama. Yes I think JH would have been good with Jordan and agree with Bruno Mark and Lindsey. A lot of fun and creativity would be going on there Very Happy   Would have been fun to have the Mormon Lindsey S. with Bruno!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm

I do think Lindsey and Bruno would have gotten along just fine. Bruno loves fine arts, and Lindsey above all is an artist.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 pm

I only see either Lindsey or Jordan winning, but hope it's Jordan.  I don't think the others have a chance, especially Drew. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:24 pm

I will always remain hopeful for a Drew or Frankie win, but know that it's probably a lost cause with the others having much more dancing experience. Out of the F4, Drew and Frankie have improved the most.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 am

kincaid53 wrote:     I see Julianne, sister of Derek, yes Derek that taught Lindsey S.  the AT she did in her video is her coach(I could have done without any Houghs coming back).... Self taught? right Suspect At least Mark tried to be honest about it saying she hadn't been professionally trained, but then again Derek is a professional.

I think from their perspective -- with thousands of hours of formal training from the time they were what, eight years years old?  through their teens -- that they do not regard a few hours over the course of two days of consultant training by Derek to count much in the scheme of Lindsey's skills.  She has never taken a ballroom or any other kind of dance class.  So, she has no basic ballroom dance skills beyond what she has taught herself.  Derek used and enhanced what she had to create about 40 seconds of a dance routine for her;  compared to what the pros have had in training to reach that same level of competence doing those same moves, Lindsey does not seem to them to have had any training at all.  

Last edited by Psychee22 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top