Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 16 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 am

Derek used to block his partners' vision, hold his hands over their ears and say "la la la la" to mask the remaining audio.  He felt that the packages, whether good or bad, messed with emotions at a time when they most needed to just concentrate on their dance.  Cheryl used to do that, too.  Maybe they aren't allowed to do that anymore? 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 16 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:05 pm

As I wander through FB I see so many people saying, "I'm voting for Mark or Mark is my pick/favourite". Seems like his partner is irrelevant! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Derek used to block his partners' vision, hold his hands over their ears and say "la la la la" to mask the remaining audio.  He felt that the packages, whether good or bad, messed with emotions at a time when they most needed to just concentrate on their dance.  Cheryl used to do that, too.  Maybe they aren't allowed to do that anymore? 

I agree it can be risky business, Psychee. However, this time I think it payed off. Everyone brought their best and seemed moved and inspired rather than inhibited or distracted. Let's not forget it's the celebs themselves who do the narrative and provide most of the photo and video material. The only thing new to them is the editing. And as gut-wrenching as some of these stories were, I saw nothing inappropriate or distasteful this time.
Maybe some pros this time were hit harder than their partners, including Maks.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:As I wander through FB I see so many people saying, "I'm voting for Mark or Mark is my pick/favourite". Seems like his partner is irrelevant!
Quite normal, I guess. Most of the pros have their own fan base. It is a bit disrespectful towards their celebrity partners though.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm

It is disrespectful for sure. A post and video about Drew Scott drew about six comments along the lines of Mark is my pick. No mention of Lindsey.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Have mercy with the lost souls. We both know where that is coming from.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Lesallee wrote:It is disrespectful for sure. A post and video about Drew Scott drew about six comments along the lines of Mark is my pick. No mention of Lindsey.

They probably can't be bothered figuring out which spelling is the right one for Lindsey Stirling, lol...  This kind of thing -- writing about a favorite pick on a video about someone else -- is all part of the anti-social media.  I don't pay much if any attention to Facebook, but  it happens all over YouTube videos.

And yes, Mark has his fans, and some of them are rabid fans, but insofar as I can tell, he has never had so many fans that they have been able to keep him on the show longer than his partner merited.   The last one I can think of was Bristol Palin and I am pretty confident that credit for that belongs to the Palin family fanbase.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Week 5 Disney Night Dance Styles and Music

Drew & Emma: Viennese Waltz to "The Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie

Frankie & Witney: Argentine Tango to "Angelica" from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Jordan & Lindsay: Foxtrot to "You're Welcome" from Moana

Lindsey & Mark: Foxtrot to "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio

Nick & Peta: Quickstep to "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book

Nikki & Artem: Jazz to "Remember Me" from Coco

Sasha & Gleb: Rumba to "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid

Terrell & Cheryl: Quickstep to "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from The Lion King

Vanessa & Maks: Waltz to "Un Jour Mon Prince Viendra" from Snow White

Victoria & Val: Jazz to "Steamboat Willie" from Steamboat Willie
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Wow.  "Steamboat Willie"?  That's going WAY WAY back.   1928!

Looks like Peta got the Jungle Book this time, instead of Maks.  I love "The Bare Necessities".  It should be fun.

Sasha has another of my favorites -- "Kiss The Girl"... I can never hear that song without dancing.

And Lindsey has one of my most favorite Disney songs "When You Wish Upon A Star".  I expect it to be winner with Len for once because it is so classical.   Raise your hand if your mother used to read Pinocchio to you from a Little Golden Book! 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Wow.  "Steamboat Willie"?  That's going WAY WAY back.   1928!

Looks like Peta got the Jungle Book this time, instead of Maks.  I love "The Bare Necessities".  It should be fun.

Sasha has another of my favorites -- "Kiss The Girl"... I can never hear that song without dancing.

And Lindsey has one of my most favorite Disney songs "When You Wish Upon A Star".  I expect it to be winner with Len for once because it is so classical.   Raise your hand if your mother used to read Pinocchio to you from a Little Golden Book! 
*raises hand*

Read them to my daughter too.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 am

Ooh... I missed seeing "The Rainbow Connection" in that list.  Another favorite.  Sweet sweet tune for Drew and Emma.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 pm

I saw an interview with Vanessa and Maks he told her he would walk around with her so she didn't watch the rehearsal video before the Rumba. He said it was up to her if she wanted to watch it. Sounds like Maks is the one that shouldn't have watched it Sad

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Becoming a father has really changed Maks in so many ways. Good ways. Watching the struggle to live of Vanessa's and Nick's little mite touched the Daddy in Maks' soul.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:25 pm

That story made me cry as my grandson was born just a few weeks longer than Vanessa's. He is still struggling every day & has been in & out of hospital. It's so hard on the parents.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:06 pm

I can totally picture Lindsey & Mark as the Blue Fairy and Jiminy Cricket!
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:29 am

therealdfshary wrote:That story made me cry as my grandson was born just a few weeks longer than Vanessa's. He is still struggling every day & has been in & out of hospital. It's so hard on the parents.  
*hugs*

Sending love and prayers.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:26 pm

What an interesting group of Disney songs this year!  Steamboat Willie, the French version of Someday My Prince Will Come, a preview of the song from the next new movie Coco.

Jordan and Lindsay get another song that is maybe not quite a match for their dance.  In Moana, You're Welcome is a jaunty song sung by Dwayne Johnson.  Jordan sang the softer pop version with Lin-Manuel Miranda for the credits, and I'm guessing that is the version they will use.  Lindsay will do her best to make it work.

Mark has always done well with Foxtrots, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for Lindsey.  I've got this image of Mark as Pinocchio and Lindsey as the Blue Fairy in my mind, but I'm not sure if seeing these two characters do a foxtrot is a good idea. What do you think?      

I enjoyed so much seeing Jonathan join his brother and Emma for last week's jive.  This upcoming VW for Drew seems really good for him.  I'm also thinking that there should be a number in the finale that features Nick and Drew as well as Drew and Jonathan.  That could be fun!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm

peebeeb wrote:
therealdfshary wrote:That story made me cry as my grandson was born just a few weeks longer than Vanessa's. He is still struggling every day & has been in & out of hospital. It's so hard on the parents.  
*hugs*

Sending love and prayers.
Thanks Much appreciated
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm loving tonight's show so far!  Lindsey & Mark's foxtrot was pure magic!  They conjured up the first 10 from Len! Love
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Who knew... the first TEN would come from the grumpy old man?  Confused Confused
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 pm

WOOHOO!!  First perfect score!  I just wish Jordan & Lindsay tied with Lindsey & Mark and both got perfect scores.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Who got sent home?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Sasha & Gleb Mad! with Frankie & Witney in jeopardy.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Maria Christine wrote:Sasha & Gleb Mad! with Frankie & Witney in jeopardy.
Thanks for letting me know.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 pm

I think they made a mistake when they announced Sasha & Gleb went home.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top