Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 15 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 pm

May be starting to sound like a broken record, but you and Lindsay together bring so much joy.  She is a doing a really good job of Choreographing for Frankie...love her!!  Very nice QS! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 15 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 pm

I like Nikki and I liked her story. I did not care for the dance. The lifts were, well, to me  not good. Like I already said Artem looked as though he was having a hard time handling her 'mounting' him  Laughing  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm

For me Nick and Petas Contemporary was the best Contemporary of the night.   I thought he handled the moves and lifts well.  Vanessa is right he is handsome and as usual Peta looked gorgeous!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Mark you came as close to a VW as you could and it was beautiful.   I had to laugh because she had her hair down during rehearsal and mouse ears for the dance, but they were very fitting to the dance since I think she was suppose to be dancing when she was a young girl.  Mark did look a little like her Dad!!     Beautiful interpretation of the story and dance Lindsey, very nice!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Oh Derek I am soooo going to miss you and the LL Sharna Sad    Your story was the first one that really got to me! What an incredible man you are!!  You daughter is truly what it said on her shirt 'Super Hero'.!!  I have always enjoyed watching you dance! IMO you have been low scored, like Nick too many times..What a great celebratory dance for you daughter to go out on!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm

At first I thought here we go with the weight again, but a nice surprise for it to be about her engagement....he's a cutie!!   It was a nice Foxtrot, loved the dress. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:56 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
therealdfshary wrote:I agree that Vanessa was really  underscored. She is an excellent dancer. Her story also hit home with me because my newest grandson was born at 33 weeks and struggled. It's very hard on both mother and child. Thankfully he is now at home.
     Thank you for sharing that.....how emotional that can be!!  Healing thoughts for the baby and  your family!! 
Thanks Thank you for your kind words.  Thanks
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 pm

The emotions really got to Vanessa....beautiful rumba. She is a really good dancer and Maks did a really good job showing her off.  What a gorgeous couple they make while dancing,  Maks looked at her so beautifully  during the dance and you could really tell he wanted to take care of her  Bravo you two!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 pm

I missed Drews dance so I'll move on to Victoria. Actually have to watch it again I saw the Wheelchair part, but I blinked and missed the actual dance Thinking  So many of her dances and rehearsal packages have involved  pictures of her, her story, kids being mean to her how happy she is she can walk.  I was hoping for a little glimmer of something else besides just about her and how she felt. maybe like Amy did and make  the dance a tribute to her parents and what they went through, because yes they went through it too Victoria!  I actually could have done without the pictures of her having seizures that we've seen many times before and more pictures of recovery process.JMO   Val looked very handsome!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:03 am

kincaid53 wrote:          Mark you came as close to a VW as you could and it was beautiful.   I had to laugh because she had her hair down during rehearsal and mouse ears for the dance, but they were very fitting to the dance since I think she was suppose to be dancing when she was a young girl.  Mark did look a little like her Dad!!     Beautiful interpretation of the story and dance Lindsey, very nice!
It was a very good dance.  I enjoy watching Lindsey, and I'm quite impressed that Mark is not doing any show-boating.(yet??)  In fact, she was definitely the star of this dance.

I thought Artem and Nikki's dance was too much dominatrix for me.  I don't think this couple matches physically.  The lifts looked awkward.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 am

I'm tired of hearing of Victoria's illness as well.  I knew that her story and dance
would be saved for last as she seems to be the sentimental favorite.  CA is
always praising her and even anticipates rewarding her with a 10.  She's lucky
to have Val as her partner; he knows how to make someone look good.
My favorites were Lindsey, Vanessa, Nick, Jordan and Frankie. Sad to see
Sharna and Derek eliminated.  Derek is such a good father and man!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 am

Can't believe I said Jordans girlie a$$......Tom must be rubbing off on me.......bad influence Tom LOL

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am

In the package, it didn't even seem like Vanessa and Maks were in the same room or in the same shot when they showed his reaction to her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 am

Glittersisgld wrote:In the package, it didn't even seem like Vanessa and Maks were in the same room or in the same shot when they showed his reaction to her.

I kinda see what your talking about, I think he might have had to deal with his golf clubs being stolen out of his car and they may have pieced together some stuff. Of course there were a couple of shots of them dancing in rehearsal and I know I saw several pictures of them together outside of the rehearsal studio on social media.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:46 am

Great dancing across the board tonight, I thought.  Everybody brought their A-game.  I thought a couple of dances were over scored and a couple were under scored, but nothing too terribly unfair.  The elimination sucked, as usual, but I think that will be the case from now on.  Lots of good dancers (and nice people) this season.

The only bad note was the singing of "Don't Stop Me Now".   I've been binge listening to Queen albums for the last four weeks so that poor rendition was jarring.   Brian May and Roger Taylor would have given them something better they could use for free if they had asked, I think. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:40 am

A very very good night of dancing. Bummed to see Derek and Sharna go. He has been having that DWTS "journey" that I personally find so appealing.  But Drew, Emma and Jonathan (surprise!) absolutely made the show for me. That dance was so much fun and so full of the love of life. This in an evening of cry, cry, cry. Kudos to LL Emma who had TWO twins to teach the jive to. And Jonathan was more than credible as a dancer. Even Grumpy Pants Len loved it and had a big smile on his face.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Glad to have Cry Me a River night done. I really don't totally dislike it because it does give some insight into the Stars lives and what helped shape them. But I am looking forward to c'mon get happy Disney week. Hopefully the show will cease and desist with the tearjerker packages for several of the celebs. We know Victoria's travails thoroughly and they are overdoing it with Frankie now, too. Ditto Lindsey, her lost love and her parental lose. I guess I am saying time to move on. All of the viewers have sadness and sorrow in our personal lives too. I want DWTS to make me smile and next week should do it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Amen to that!
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:46 pm

When I got home today and checked the results, I had an odd feeling which sadly turned out to be true. Of course I'm disapppointed to see Derek and my Queen leave, and I guess if you look at it from the dancing alone, they could have lasted a little longer. Humble as he is, he just didn't stand out among all these big personalities.
Call it Kleenex Night or whatever, every season it's hard to take, and this time I think it was extra intense. But there is a lot more about it than tear jerking. Not only does it tell you sth about the celebs, but also about the connection with their pros. It's their task to translate these stories and emotions into dance and make them visible. I think they all mastered that. This is not the time for technical criticism. Heck, even the judges (including Len) were hesitant to give it.
MMY belongs on this show. Fun, fluff, and distraction become boring without contrast.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm

He was a good dancer, but I didn't really notice him until last night because he didn't have the big personality.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 pm

After Vanessa danced they showed Nick in the Skybox. You could tell he was very emotional. Terrell  came over and put his arm around Nick and gave him a hug!! Vanessas rehearsal video and dance were very emotional and like Maks I got a little teary eyed, but when Terrell came over to comfort Nick .....here came the waterworks for me Crying

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm

I didn't think much of Terrell in either his dancing or personality. After last night I softened up towards him.  Thumbs up!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Me too.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Why did the pros allow their partners to watch the packages just before dancing instead of distracting them?  Seems very risky to me.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm

I guess they could not watch, but I think it would be hard not to hear it since I think it might be loud and  they have to be out there ready for their dance.   I don't know that's just a guess. I'm sure the producers like it that way.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top