STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 15 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:00 am

Mackey_34

Matt approached Marilee.  Standing behind her, he put his arms around her, pulled her into him.  Marilee leaned her head back and rested against her brother.  Sobbing tears of so much pain; "I guess you have figured out by now that my feelings for Roger is just a little more than what you thought" she says.  "Marilee, I've known about your feelings for Roger for a long time, from the time you were 10 years old, into high school.  I just didn't realize that after not seeing him for several years, the feelings were still there.  I'm so sorry, hon.  Had I known I wouldn't have asked you to come, but Roger said it was important for you to be here.  Are you sure he doesn't return your feelings?"  "No, Matt, he doesn't.  He and Tina, remember her, are still together.  I saw that plainly at the prom and later when I had dinner with him." 

They talked some more.  "Marilee I think you need to stay, at least for the night.  The children haven't seen you in months and Lord knows when they will see you again, since you will be going to Japan for shootings and modeling.  If you don't stay for anyone else, stay for them."  "Oh Matt, you really know how to hit the guilt bone don't you" Marilee says crying.  "Okay, I'll stay, then I will find a place to stay for a couple more days and take the children off your and Janet's hands for a few days.  I will even take Amy with me, how does that sound."  It's a deal" replies Matt.  "Come on, let's head back to the house."

The house was beautiful.  Marilee wondered if Tina had helped Roger decorate the house for she knew that Tina was a Interior designer, and one of the best.  She decided she wouldn't even ask.  The least she said to Roger, the better things would be. 

Roger came over to Marilee, offered her a glass of wine and said, "Thanks for agreeing to stay, Marilee.  I promise I won't bother you unless you want to talk.  I do want to explain a few things to you, but I understand if you would rather forget the whole thing.  I will tell you one thing.  You have no idea how sorry I am of the way I treated you in high school.  I have no excuses other than what I call the 'jock big head'  and I did have a big head.  I've certainly done some growing up since then, and hope that you will accept my apology.  As for Tina, she's another matter.  I hope you will allow me to explain about her.  It's rather complicated but I do want you to know that Tina and I are not a couple.  So that said, let's go get the others, fix some steaks, hotdogs, play some touch football and relax."  He takes Marilee's hand but she pulls away.  "No, Matt I'm going to take a trip into town, I'll be back later."  With that Marilee leaves, gets in her car and drives away.

..............................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 15 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 am

Mackey_34

After a restless night of little sleep, Marilee awoke to sounds "oh yeah, I won, Ha,ha I beat you, Uncle Roger, I'm bad, real bad"  What in the world was going on.  Marilee hurriedly puts a baggy robe on and leaves her bedroom.  As she approaches the stairs leading to the floor below, Marilee hears a "shhhhhhhhh, quiet down, you don't want to wake up your Aunt Mari." Heading down the steps, she looks to see Roger on the floor on his back with a bunch of bodies surrounding him, bouncing up and down on top of his chest is Amy, all giggly, holding to Roger's face giving him sweet kisses.  Roger feels her presence and turns to look up at the most gorgeous creature he's ever seen.  He stares, Marilee is a mess, her hair hanging in loose curls on her shoulders, no make-up, puffy eyes, a frown on her face, and eyes starring at Roger who looks so handsome, shirtless surrounded by the Cooper kids.  "Oh hi, Aunt Mari" screams Joy, "we just beat Uncle Roger playing 'go fish'.  Marilee smiles at Joy still can't taking her eyes off Roger, "where's your Mom and Dad?"  "Oh, they left."........Marilee gives a puzzled look at Roger.  "Okay guys, let me get up so I can talk to Aunt Mari, here Joy take Amy, let's go into the kitchen so Aunt Mari can get a cup of coffee"  he leads them all to the kitchen.  "Mari, here's some fresh coffee, some muffins and all sorts of jellies-come eat."  Marilee takes a seat while Roger fixes her a mug of coffee, puts a muffin on a plate and places them before her.  "Mari, Janet got a phone call during the night that her Dad was taken to the hospital with some kind of stomach virus.  She felt she had to go and be with her Mom, Matt went with her.  They are flying my plane and once they arrive, they will let us know how he is during.  I told them to leave the kids that you and I would be happy to take care of them-grinning as he looks at her as if to say, 'you're not going to leave me alone to care for 5 children are you.'  'Oh no, ' thought Marilee, 'I'm stuck here with this shirtless hunk and five children'.  "When did they say they would be back?" asks Marilee.  "I told them to stay as long as they needed that you and I would bring the children  there when the time is right.  I knew you would want us to do that; I came to your room, but you were sound asleep and looked so peaceful ('and beautiful, desirable', he thinks to himself), I decided to wait until this morning to let you know."  "That's fine, Roger, whatever I can do to help is fine with me, I can take the children with me and get a place in town so you won't have to worry about anything."  "Well Marilee, I don't think so, I told Janet and Matt that the kids would stay right here with me, and you, if you want, and that's what the children want to do, right guys." he looks around.  They all reply at once, "Yeah, we like it here, we'd rather stay here."  "Well, I guess I'm overruled" replies Marilee.

Marilee finishes here breakfast, excuses herself to go shower and get dressed.

...........................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:11 pm

SmartandTruthful

The drive home from the airport to Terre Haute had been very interesting.  Maggie and Margie said that they had to catch up on some things, so they insisted that Mary had to sit in the front with Rusty.  Rusty and Mary felt they owed their daughters all of the “twin time” they needed and were quite curious about each other at the same time.  They each caught the other stealing glances at them.  Mary noticed that Rusty’s red hair had faded a bit towards blonde, but in a distinguished way with touches of gray at his temples and sideburns.  Rusty noticed that Mary was as beautiful as ever and her auburn hair looked lovely, framing her face in soft, loose curls that fell to her shoulders.  When he heard her laugh at something the girls said, Mary was transformed into the girl he had fallen in love with almost 30 years ago.  Rusty and Mary also found themselves exchanging proud looks when they heard the cheerful, excited chatter coming from their daughters in the back seat and smiled when they heard them laugh.  “They seem so happy!” Mary exclaimed.  “Yes,” Rusty agreed, “I was skeptical about this Bachelor show thing, but it seems to have worked out for the best.”  “It is amazing to see Maggie and how much she and Margie look alike!  You did a good job raising her, Rusty.”  “Thanks, it has been a joy to have Margie with me the last two weeks.  It has meant the world to me.”  “I know we both gave them a good home and a happy childhood, but I guess we really blew it, keeping them apart all of these years.”  At this point, Margie chimed in from the back seat, “Hey you two, Maggie and I have decided there should be no regrets.  We love you both and we have the rest of our lives together and we’re OK with it, so no looking back, OK?”  Rusty and Mary exchanged a relieved look and said in unison, “OK!”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:12 pm

SmartandTruthful

Mackey, Chip, & Silver - loving your hometown dates with all the special touches - Annie and her injured friend, Penny and her Secret Cottage, and all those special touches of Fall in NJ - WOW, great details and intriguing family situations.  Mackey, the Marilee storyline is so poignant, frustrating, and funny - all at once.  Love it, ladies!  Love to you all, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 pm

loo_loo3

Awwwww Mack!! Maybe one of the twins can go and talk some sense into Marilee! haha Lovin' the twists in your story Mack-and I agree with S&T-frustrating, poignant and funny all at once! And Silver-too funny on the getting wild with the dream sequence-haha! And the sparks are beginning to fly between the M&M twins' parents S&T!! Gotta love the love in this story. Smile i have missed you S&T-good to see you in here tonight! xo all, Chipalooo. Travy-I really miss you too sweetie-please come back in here! xxoo, Chipalooo
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Mackey_34

As Marilee was finishing breakfast, Roger announces, "Okay everybody, let's get this dishes done, Jacob you can help me, the rest of you go straighten your room, pick up all clothes, bring dirty clothes to me, then look throughout the house and pick up toys and whatever else needs to be done.  Then get your swim suits on, we're going swimming.  No, don't worry, I have a heated indoor pool, so see everybody back here in about 30 to 40 minutes.  Marilee, you can stay and relax.  Joy, take Amy change her and put a swim diaper on her, then bring her to me.  Thanks kids, you've been great; I know Mom and Dad will be happy to know that you all are doing your jobs here."  He turns to Marilee --"why don't you go get your swimsuit on, come back, we'll fix some sandwiches, gets some drinks and head for the pool."  Marilee looks at Roger in awe thinking, 'is this how he would be with a family of his own'.  "Don't you have work to do, Roger?  I can take care of the kids if you need to go to your office, I overheard you tell Matt that you had some work to do today."  "No, Marilee, I'm not going to the office, I've already called someone else to handle what needs to be done, I'm all yours, sweetie"  Marilee looks at him, they stare at each other until, Joy comes and interrupts, "Ah Amy is all ready to go you two."  Marilee takes Amy; Roger and Jacob finish up with cleaning the kitchen; Marilee has gone to get her swimsuit on. 

When she returns with Amy, Roger is getting snacks, sandwiches and drinks ready for the pool.  Everybody is ready and off they go.  The pool area is attached to the house by a glassed in walkway.  They can see the beautiful mountains of Vail as they head for the pool. 

"Last one in is a rotten eggs" Roger calls, and he goes diving in.  The rest of the kids jump in yelling and screaming.  Marilee finally has a smile on her face.  Holding Amy, "Ready to go in punkin" she whispers.  She walks to the edge of the pool where steps are leading into the water.  Roger can't take his eyes off her; she's wearing a one piece red suit, hair in a ponytail, bouncing Amy as she enters the water.  Roger swims towards them.  They both think the same thing the other doesn't know. 'This is what I want, a family, lots of children, someone to love and someone who loves me.' Roger is thinking positive thoughts while Marilee is thinking sadly, 'I wish this was Roger and me.'  Roger realizes that in his thoughts are none other than Marilee and a wife and mother of his children.

Could it be happening, could Roger finally realize that he has had deep feelings for Marilee all along, even since high school because thinking back, when he thought of his future, Marilee was always in it.  Coming in close to Marilee, he reaches out to take Amy but instead puts his arms around both of them and gently kisses Marilee.  The kiss was a surprise but left Marilee's lips tingling; wanting a longer one.  They look at one another.... Roger takes Amy, "Go do some swimming, sweetheart, I'll take care of our little princess here."

Marilee swims away, remembering the kiss.....now if she can remember how to swim!!!!!! "Oh yea, got it!" she sighs.

...................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm

SmartandTruthful

In Terre Haute, the newly reunited family settled into a routine.  Since Maggie had a Leave of Absence from work, once Rusty headed off for the Lab, Mary was able to spend special mother/daughter time with Maggie and Margie.  The first day, they lounged around in pajamas most of the morning, chatting and just enjoying being together over cups of tea and sweet rolls.  With Mary part of the conversation, Maggie filled in Margie on all that had gone on at the Castle since she had left.  She also announced that Zorro’s five remaining Bachelorettes were Theresa, Annie (that was a big surprise for Margie), Kylie, Penny, and herself.  Maggie told her Mom how special she felt Z was and Margie confirmed the report, adding “Even if he isn’t the guy for me!”  Then Margie got to tell her Mom and Maggie about the latest developments with Marco.  Marco had gone into contract on his house and would be closing at the beginning of December.  He had asked Margie to help him shop for furnishings for his new home.  Marco was looking for a new bedroom set for the Master bedroom, a dining room set, and a living room set.  The furniture he already owned would fill the other needs at his first house.  Mary thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie of being with both of her daughters, hearing their romantic news, and seeing them together for the first time since they were babies.  A tear rose in her eye at the thought of what they had all missed, but she wiped it away with a fresh determination to let bygones be bygones, and enjoy every precious minute with her girls.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm

SmartandTruthful

The next day, Marco had taken a personal day off from work, and he picked up Margie at 10AM to help him with that furniture shopping.  Mary was happy to have some one-on-one time with Maggie and Maggie decided to show her mother Terre Haute.  She drove around town on the lovely autumn day and pointed out the landmarks of her childhood . . .  her schools . . . the park she had played in most frequently . . .  the downtown district and the dance studio where she had spent many years taking ballet and tap lessons . . . the movie theater where she had gotten her first kiss . . . the church she and Rusty attended . . . the bowling alley where she bowled on the Hospital team and the Hospital where she work.  Mary soaked in every word her daughter said.  Then Maggie took her Mom to Honey Creek Mall for some shopping of their own.  She wanted her Mom to help her pick out some additional clothes for future dates with Zorro.  She particularly wanted to find a special dress for the Final Rose Ceremony should she get that far.  Mary was thrilled to be able to offer her advice and the two had so much fun spending the day together and finding the “perfect” gown.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Mackey_34

It was late afternoon when Roger, Marilee and the children decided to get dressed and go into Vail for Pizza.  Amy had taken a nice long nap; Marilee got Amy's things together and off they went to Pizza Heaven----and it was truly pizza heaven.  There was pizza made every which way and more; there were video games for the kids to play, even a bowling alley.  While Roger and the kids played games, Marilee sat quietly holding Amy, enjoying the softness and smell of a baby.  She was aching for one; she had imagined herself a Mother by now with a couple kids, looking just like Roger. 

Marilee had a sweet smile on her face when Roger returned to their table.  As he got ready to sit down, an older couple came by, stopped and looked at Roger, Marilee and Amy.  The lady said, "you have such a lovely wife and that baby is going to be as pretty as she is when she grows up.  I notice you have four other kids, isn't it wonderful having a large family.  My Herman and I have 7, all grown now; now we are enjoying our grandchildren."  Marilee was about to speak, "We're not ma........""Thank you for your kind words says Roger to the lady; yes my girls are lovely"  He smiles at Marilee and leans over and gives her a quick kiss. 

Everybody had fun at the pizza parlor and once back home, Matt and Janet had called to tell them Janet's Dad was stable, but they decided to stay with Janet's mother.  It was decided that Roger and Marilee would bring the children back the next day. 

The children had gone to bed; Marilee was relaxing by the fire, looking out the window to a beautiful full moon with snowflakes glittering as each dropped from the sky.  Roger came up behind her, didn't touch her, but she felt his close presence.  Finally he slips his arms around her waist, leans forward and nudges Marilee's neck with kisses.  "Umm, you smell so good!" he whispers.  "I want you to know that I have been wanting to kiss you since I saw you at the prom, so don't expect me to apologize.  And, I plan to kiss you as often as possible.  I hope you feel the same way."  Marilee leaned back into Roger, heart beating so fast; she wanted so much to believe him. 

About when he was going to kiss Marilee again, the phone rang.  Marilee goes to the phone, "I'll get it, hello, yes, yes he is"  She turns to Roger, "it's Tina she wants to talk with you."  Giving Roger a look of  hurt, she hands the phone to him and goes running out of the room, up the stairs to her room.

Closing the door, she sighs and leans against the closed door-"Never again, never, ever again will I allow that man to try and seduce me......No more, I hate him,  he and Tina deserve each other."

She falls onto the bed and starts another night of crying.....crying for what will never be. 

....................To be continued

Thanks S&T, Silver and Chip...... I'm hooked on this Roger and Marilee romance for some reason.  I too had a Roger in middle school and high school Silver, but his name was Steven.  My Steven took me to the prom, so the prom thing is different, also I didn't pine for him after I went off to college and met my hunk, my husband!!  Lub, Mackey
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:20 am

Mackey_34

In the morning, Roger and the children were dressed and packed for their return trip to San Francisco.  Marilee came into the kitchen and announced that she would be ready to leave in 10 minutes and once they arrived in S.F., they would rent a hotel room and Matt and Janet would pick up the children from there.  Roger listened, then said.  "Marilee things have changed, I will be taking the children to my house, and they will stay with me until Matt and Janet can pick them up.  They will spend the night at my house and decide their plans after that.  Meanwhile, I have hired a nanny for the children so they can get back to their routine with school, and their other activities.  Of course, I will be helping, so you need not worry about that. "

Marilee is livid, "Will you excuse us children, I need to speak to Roger alone."  They head for Roger's home office, close the door and Marilee turns to him. "How dare you take over with my nieces and nephews!  How dare you."  I will take care of these children, without a nanny and without your help."  You can just forget the children staying at your house, if need be, I'll go to Matt's and Janet's and stay with the children until Matt and Janet come home.  As a matter of fact, that's what I'll do.....so you go do your thing with Miss Tina and I'll take care of my brother's children."  Now Roger was angry, and he has had it with Marilee, "Let me tell you something, sweetheart, I love those children as if they were my own; if they don't stay with me, I'll go WITH you to their house and help with the children, do you understand?  I promised Matt and Janet that I would help you, and I intended to.  As for Tina, yes there is a problem, and I would like to talk to you about her, it's complicated, so this is not the time to be worried about my relationship with Tina----what matters here are the children and their feeling of family.  They are comfortable with us, so it's either my place or their's, no arguments."  Roger stomps out of the room. 

The flight from Vail to San Francisco was tense, even sweet little Amy was fussy; she wasn't comfortable with Marilee or Roger for she would feel the tension.  Marilee knew she would have to take a deep breath and allow Roger to help with the children. 

It was decided they would take the children back to their home where they were familiar, and along the way, they would take the children by the hospital to see Mom, Dad, Grams and Pops. 

Meanwhile, Marilee was in deep thought about what Roger had said about things with Tina being complicated.............'he's going to tell me he's in love with her, she's thinking.............

............................To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 am

SmartandTruthful

The following morning was spent getting ready for Zorro’s visit to Terre Haute.  After Rusty departed for work, the Riley/McCarthy women went into cleaning mode and had the house sparkling by lunchtime.  As they ate Mary’s homemade chicken salad sandwiches, accompanied by some crunchy baby carrots and the twin’s favorite dill pickles, the trio planned the final details for Zorro’s visit.

Z arrived by limo, shortly after 1PM.  Maggie ran out to greet him with a big hug and kiss, saying, “I thought you’d never get here!  Welcome to Terre Haute!”  Z held her a moment longer than necessary, noticing how good she felt in his arms.  “I’ve missed you, Sweetheart,” he said softly in her ear, before taking her hand.  Maggie led him to her car.  She was ready to give him a tour of town, similar to the one she had given her mother a few days before.  They hopped into her Honda and she made sure his seatbelt was buckled before heading down the street towards town.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:23 am

SmartandTruthful

Zorro’s tour ended at the Hospital where Maggie worked as a Nurse in Pediatrics.  “I’m on a team that rotates duties every four months, so in the course of a year, I spend time in Neonatal, the regular Children’s Ward, and the Pediatric oncology unit.  I love my job and working with these amazing children.  Children are so resilient.  They blow me away with how brave they can be and how wise.”  As they visited the different areas of the Pediatric unit, Zorro was impressed by Maggie’s obvious love of children and her work as a nurse.  He believed that part of the key to a successful life was loving what you did.  It was also apparent, by the squeals of joy at seeing her, how much she was cared for and missed by her colleagues at the hospital.  As the two left the building, the sky was beginning to darken.  Evening was approaching.  “We have one more stop to make before you meet my parents,” Maggie said.  “So, where are we going?” Z asked.  “Let’s wait until we get there,” Maggie replied, “We’re only a few minutes away.”

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 am

Mackey_34

As Roger pulled into the driveway, the children started yelling,  "look, it's Gee-gee and Papa!"  There awaiting them was Matt and Mariliee's parents.  The children piled out of the car, all running to greet the grandparents.  "Oh my gosh, it's Mom and Dad; what in the world are they doing here; they are suppose to be in Italy on their 35th wedding anniversary."  She rushes out of the car to give her parents big hugs.  "Why are you here?" she asks.  "Well, Mari, when one of our children need us, we're here for them, that's way we're here.  Matt called us; we decided the best thing for us and the grandchildren was to delay out trip and be here for the kids."  What's wrong with that?" Walking up with Amy in his arms, Roger is all smiles. "Well my goodness, is this who I think it is," smiles Evelyn as she holds out her arms for Amy.  She takes Amy gives her a hug, gives Amy to Marilee and puts her arms around Roger. "Roger, it's so nice to see you again, how are your parents?  I haven't talked to Ann for a couple weeks."  "Mom and Dad are doing great; they too are about to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary."Roger turns to Mason, Marilee Dad, "how are you sir," they shake hands-Mason pulls Roger to him with a hug. 

After all the greetings and talks about parents, other siblings, they all settle down to a nice quite dinner, followed by bath and bedtime for the children.  The children were so happy to be back home.  After stopping to see their Mom and Dad (Matt and Janet, Pops and Grams), the children were more settled and satisfied that Pops was going to be okay and Mom and Dad would be home soon.

No sooner had Evelyn, Mason, Marilee and Roger got settled for a nice evening, the doorbell rings.  "I'll get it," says Mason.  "Well, I'll be, speak of the devil.  Hi Ann, hi there Joe; Evelyn, Marilee and Roger, guess who's here?"  Roger's parents enter into the living room, hugs and hellos are welcomed.  Evelyn and Ann give one other a secret smile.  "Come on with me Ann, let's fix a snack and have some wine."  Evelyn leads Ann into the kitchen.  Evelyn is so excited, "Did you notice how your Roger was looking at my Marilee", asks Evelyn.  "Yes, do you think there's something going on with them, we hope!!" replies Ann.  For years Evelyn and Ann, best friends since childhood had hoped that Roger and Marilee would fall in love, marry and have children. "Well, we'll just have to hope and pray, won't we" says Evelyn. 

After a session of catching up with going ons, Marilee decides she will go to bed.  "Mom do I need to make some beds for you."  "No dear, Roger can sleep in the garage apartment, Ann and Joe can use the guest bedroom-your room is as it has always been, Marilee.  Go to bed, get some rest, we'll talk in the morning."

Roger had wanted to talk with Marilee, but he too was tired; so he excused himself also.

That left the parents to make plans for Roger and Marilee, un-beknown to them!!

..................To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 am

SmartandTruthful

As the sun dipped lower in a sky that had turned from blue to gold and then rose, Maggie parked the car.  She and Z walked into the park where she had spent many happy hours as a child.  Colorful autumn leaves crunched under their shoes, as they headed towards a stream that cut a meandering path through the middle of the grounds.  Maggie led Z onto a small bridge that forded the stream.  In the middle of the bridge a bench was built into each side, so people could sit and enjoy the view.  Maggie led Z to the bench on the left and began explaining, “This bridge has always been a special place for me.  My best friend, Gina, and I used to come here from the time we were in Middle School until we graduated from High School.  It was our special place where we talked about our problems and successes, our crushes on boys, our dreams for our future and anything else on our minds.  I have such good memories of those days.  Our conversations were an important part of growing up for me.  I’ve continued to come here even as an adult.  I wanted to share this place with you, because as trivial as a bench on a bridge sounds, it’s important to me.  This has been my thinking place for most of my life and it represents the type of relationship I want to have with my husband when I get married.  It’s been wonderful to get to know my mother in the past few days, but I now know that my parents got divorced over what was basically a communication problem.  When I get married, I want it to be forever and I want my husband to be a friend to me, like Gina has been, a man that I can tell anything to and that we will have the commitment and philosophy that we can handle anything, if we do it together.”  Maggie looked at Zorro with a question in her eyes.  Z understood what she was asking, “Maggie, I know just what you mean and I’m fortunate to have parents who have made it through 35 years of marriage because they were best friends and could communicate, even when they had ups and downs.  I need to have a marriage like that also, Sweetheart.”  Z leaned forward and kissed Maggie, gently at first and then more firmly, as he wrapped her in his arms.”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:29 am

SmartandTruthful

The rest of the evening went as planned.  Maggie introduced Zorro to her family at Ma-ma Rosita’s, where they dined in a small private room, with Marco joining the dinner party and Ma-ma Rosita and Papa Juan personally serving the group.  On the menu was Rosita’s fabulous Chicken roasted with wine and green olives, just like her grandmother had made back in Mexico.  Marco was pleased to be included.  He found Zorro to be a nice, down to earth guy who was easy to get along with.  He loved sitting with Margie at his side, getting the opportunity to know Mary Riley better, and proud of the way his hard-working parents were involved in the dinner as well.  Rusty looked around at the people he loved and found a new hope surging through his chest.  It did not take much insight to see the strong connection between Maggie and Zorro or the similar bond that had formed so quickly between Margie and Marco.  He found himself exchanging smiles and knowing looks with Mary and feeling a rekindling of the love they had felt all those years ago.  The conversation was kept on the lighter side.  These parents knew their daughters well and believed that Maggie and Margie had good heads on their shoulders and would follow their hearts when it came to love.  After a fabulous rustic apple pie a la mode for dessert, the party left the restaurant and headed for The Imperial Lanes and some bowling, a hobby they all enjoyed.  After a couple of games, they headed back to Rusty’s house where they sat around the fireplace, enjoyed a bowl of popcorn and sipped on cups of the spiced cider Z had brought as a gift accompanied by a lovely basket of fall fruits and nuts. Theconversation turned to family traditions for the upcoming holidays, including some tales of Halloween’s past, since the Trick or Treat day was fast approaching.  At midnight, Z made a reluctant departure, saying fond goodbyes to a family that had made him feel so at home.  Margie walked him out to the limo and they both looked up at the moon.  It reminded them of their little bench in the Castle that had become their special place.  Before Z got in the limo, the couple embraced and kissed several times with neither of them wanting to say goodbye.  Z finally pulled apart, got in the limo, and called out the window, as he drove away, “I’ll see you on Saturday!”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:35 am

SmartandTruthful

Z flew to Chicago for his final hometown date and met Theresa in front of the Art Institute of Chicago, as planned.  The Institute had a huge collection of works that crossed all artistic media.  Currently there was an exhibit by deaf artist, James Castle (hmmm, interesting how that word “Castle” keeps popping up this season!), but Theresa most wanted to show Zorro, The Touch Gallery, where she worked to help with her college expenses.  As they arrived at the Gallery, Theresa explained that visitors were asked to remove any rings, bracelets, and wrist watches prior to entering the exhibit area.  The Touch Gallery had been specifically designed for the visually impaired, but was available for all museum visitors “to experience how the sense of touch can enrich their appreciation of art.”  Labels and descriptions were written in Braille.  “The sculptures in The Touch Gallery have been specially treated with a wax coating that protects the artwork and allows visitors to run their hands and fingers over the surface of the pieces and experience a variety of sensations such as temperature, form, scale, texture, and facial expressions.”  “This is really neat, T,” Z said with a note of admiration and appreciation.  “What a wonderful place for you to work.”  “I often tell visitors to close their eyes and "see" the works only with their hands.  It is a great way to discover art.”  With that, Z closed his eyes and ran his hands over the bronze bust in front of him.  It felt cool to the touch, smooth and almost silky, as could be expected.  The lines and shapes that formed the eyes, nose and mouth felt clearly defined and were recognizable to his hands and fingers.  The hair offered a different texture, bumpy and grooved, and the ears contained curves and indentations that were interesting to feel.  “Wow,” said Z, opening his eyes, “This is a great way to explore art.”  Theresa was pleased by Zorro’s reaction and moved on to show him some of her favorite works of art in the main part of the museum.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 am

SmartandTruthful

As the limo drove them out to Oak Park where Theresa’s parents lived, just a few blocks away from houses that had been designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, she told Zorro, “I wish we had time to visit the animal shelter I volunteer at.  As you know, I’m a huge animal lover and my heart goes out to the many cats and dogs that come to us abused or starving or just needing a new home.”  “I’m glad you are such a huge animal lover.  I am, too.  I can’t wait for you to meet Chauncy, my Golden Lab.  He is a big ball of love and fun,” Z replied.  “Well, you’ll be meeting Ashley and Scarlet tonight.  I can’t wait to see them, myself!” Theresa exclaimed, realizing that she would soon be seeing her wonderful parents and animal friends for the first time in several months.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:41 am

loo_loo3

Awwwww Mack and S&T!! Great stories! But Mack Mari needs Roger! He better spill the beans about Tina and how she just needs a shoulder to cry on (?) and he is really in love with Mari! Smile Love the date and dinner with Ma-ma etc! And M&M! Good job ladies! I am looking forward to reading more... I will be back later tonight hopefully to write and a bit tomorrow! Happy and safe Halloween ladies-xo, Chipalooo
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:45 am

SmartandTruthful

Theresa’s home was a two story central hall colonial home on a tree-lined street.  They were greeted warmly at the door by Theresa’s parents, Barbara and Gary, who were thrilled to see their daughter and meet the man she was bringing home.  Cocktails and appetizers were served in the formal living room over small talk about Z’s flight and his impressions of Chicago.  “Actually, I’ve spent a lot of time in Chicago on business.  It’s a great city.”
Gary took that as an opening, “So, Zorro, can you tell us what you do for a living?”  Sensing that Gary was very protective of his only child, Zorro tried to give him as much information as he could without violating his contract with the network.  “Well, I really wish I could say more at this point, but I can tell you that my career involves a lot of travel all over the world and I am not a stranger to television.  It is one reason that ABC decided to have me wear a mask this season.  I promise you that it won’t be long before you will know more about me and I will be happy to talk with you.  I do want you to know that I have very strong feelings for your daughter and I don’t ever want to hurt her.”
With that declaration made, T’s conservative parents relaxed a bit and found that they really liked this masked man and the way their daughter and he seemed to have so much in common.  The foursome dined on Barbara’s famous pot roast and Z graciously asked for seconds, saying “This is the best pot roast I’ve ever tasted.”  After dinner, they moved into the family room and were joined by some of Theresa’s relatives and friends for dessert.  The crowd was all happy to meet Z and joked about his secret identity.  T’s Uncle Jack teased that he was sure he had seen Z on an America’s Most Wanted poster.  Theresa had the opportunity to check in with her closest friends, Amanda and Katie and they gave her a definite “thumbs up” on Z.
As the night came to an end, Theresa and Zorro both said good night to her family.  They would be flying back to California together that night to be ready for the next Rose Ceremony that would take place the following evening on Saturday, October 31st, 2009, otherwise known as Halloween!

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:47 am

loo_loo3

Woohoo-bring on the Halloween RC-the first in Bachelor History to be sure!!! Smile

SmartandTruthful

Hey, Chipaloo!  Yes, I’ve been writing away with the doorbell being rung continuously by Trick or Treaters!  OK, it’s up to Silver to get that Halloween Rose Ceremony started!  Woo hoo!  Enjoy!  S&T

loo_loo3

Haha!! I have promised myself that I would not have more than one glass of wine tonight at my sis's house! I want to write something and want to be in good shape-cough sober cough-to write! By the time I get back here the goblins will be out and the little ones in bed east coast time!haha And we will be on mountain time in the am! :)xo,chipalooo

SmartandTruthful

Actually, a glass of wine sounds good right now, Chip!  But then, I've finished my writing for today!  Ha!  Lubs & Have Fun!  S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:55 am

SilverLin2

Ladies ........... wonderful romance and awesome dates! This is a great story.

My overnight is being spent with an elderly sick relative who can't be alone during the night; unexpected turn of events. NO INTERNET available. Ready to walk out the door, as soon as I collect some info from our story.

The Rose Ceremony set up and location will be posted tomorrow, Halloween one day later.

Relax and enjoy the remainder of your Halloween evening, and the little ghosts and goblins!

loo_loo3

No problem Silver you sweetie you!! I planned to write about our dear Aubrey and her 'interview' with Mr. Butkus-haha! And that gives us one more day to figure out the logistics of our RC! S&T you go ahead and have that wine too-it is 8 pm where you are now so it is time!haha Enjoy the night ladies! xo, Chipalooo

Mackey_34

Crack  of dawn here------so I'll continue with Marilee and Roger.

The next morning, it was decided that Marilee would head back to the castle and Roger had to be back in town also.  it would give Roger a good chance to talk with Marilee.  Reluctantly, Marilee agreed to go with Roger.  Hugs and kisses goodbye to all, Roger and Marilee was off.

There was silence for quite some time until Roger spoke up. " Marilee, I need to tell you about Tina and me."  "Ah, not you don't Roger, you don't owe me anything, any explanation, really I could care less about your and Tina-so if you don't mind, let's just stay off that subject.  You and Tina mean nothing to me." replies Marilee with anger.  "Well, Marilee, I'm going to tell you anyway."

"You know Tina and I dated in high school--who else would date, the top jock, head cheerleader, prom king and queen-we were ment to be, so to speak; at least that's what this stupid 18 year old thought.  I had no feelings for Tina, and I know she didn't for me either - we were in it for the attention we got.  The night of graduation, Tina and I attended a party at our friend, Darrell's home, I know you remember him.  That is a night I would love to take back.....Tina and I were intimate, which resulted in a little girl named Madalyne.  She was beautiful, so sweet, so innocent.  Tina didn't want her; I begged her to keep her and I would support them both."  Tina wasn't willing to give Maddy to me, so she kept her and held that over my head.  When Maddy was 9 months old, she got very sick-she didn't make it, Marilee.  I lost my little girl, and to this day, I miss my little girl.  The guilt I have felt has led me to tolerate Tina, to give her anything she wants-I support her, but I am not with her; I have no feelings for her.  She is just someone who hangs-on and the guilt I have allows that.  I am about to sever that though, even if Tina does what she threatens and that is to 'announce it to the world' as she says."  Only my parents know about this, Marilee, and now I don't care who knows.  I will not allow Tina to ruin, or run, my life anymore.  She's selfish, and all she has ever wanted was the money.  That stops the minute I get back." 

Tears are in Marilee's eyes as she looks at Roger.  "I'm so sorry, Roger about your daughter, so sorry."  "I am too, Marilee.  I had her for nine months, she will be in my memory for a lifetime."  Marilee sees that Roger has tears also.  "I now see why you are so good with Matt's children, Roger.  You would make a wonderful father."  "Thanks for saying that Marilee, someday soon I hope that will come true. 

There was silence for most of the trip.  Memories kept flowing; heartache was strong, and a deep love was taking hold----Marilee so loved this man, she couldn't deny it, but she would have to let Roger deal with his life-she was not going to make things more difficult for him by telling him of her feelings.

Roger wanted so much to tell Marilee that he was having some very special feelings for her, but after telling her about Tina, Roger didn't think he had a chance-he would have to let go of this ideal of he and Marilee together for life.

It was nearing the end of the day, dark clouds were rolling in, a storm was brewing!

..........................To be Continued

loo_loo3

Boy Mack the storm brewing better be the storm of love for Mari and Roger!! They belong together and I don't like unhappy endings!! :)Please?? xo, Chipalooo

SilverLin2

Chip & Mackey ... I AGREE! A storm of love is what those two need! Talk about lightning and thunder when they finally get together!!!  STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 15 Clip_image002

A blessed Sunday, ladies!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:56 am

Mackey_34

When Roger arrived back at his penthouse, the first thing he did was to call Tina and ask her to meet him at the local coffee shop.   Then he called his friend, Connie, head of the local news station. 

He was awaiting Tina when she entered the coffeehouse. She rushes over to him, throws her arms around his neck and tries to kiss him.  He immediately stops her---"sit down, Tina, now!!  Tina, first off, I want to set one thing straight.  This is not high school, I am not nor have I ever been in love with you.  Yes, I made a mistake, and I think I have done the right things by you, but it's time to put a stop to this.  No longer will I support you, Tina.  I don't owe you anything anymore, I no longer carry a burden of guilt, just a burden of pain for the lost of my little girl, who you never cared one iota for-you know that and I know that.  This has been a picnic for you, Tina, and it's time for you to grow up.  You can no longer threaten me.  I have given an interview to Connie Wright of the local news station and told her my story; it will be on the news tonight.  I have confessed my short-comings, my guilt, and how I have for 10 years supported you so you would keep quiet.  No more, my reputation will have to stand on it's on now.  Now if you will excuse me, I have a ball I have to get ready for and I hope and pray that someone I care deeply for will be there.  Goodbye Tina, I wish you nothing but peace and happiness."

Roger leave the coffeehouse, never looking back. 
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 am

Mackey_34

Annie, Becca, Helena, Grace and Marilee were together once again for the big ball.  Becca, Lena, Grace and Mari were so excited for Annie and was pulling for her to be the one Zorro would pick.  Becca, Lena and Grace had their partners and they were very happy.  Everyone was giving Marilee support and encouragement.

Becca and Mike would be dressed as Sonny and Cher-Mike as Cher, Becca as Sonny; afterall, Cher was the taller of the two.  Lena and Jake would be Marge and Homer Simpson, Grace and Wes as Johnny Cash and his great love, June Carter Cash.  Marilee had decided she wouldn't go to the ball, instead she was busy packing for home, then her upcoming trip to Japan. 

It had turned out to be a very pleasant night; the storm had passed leaving a freshness in the air; a feeling of excitement and what else, LOVE! 

........................To be continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 am

SilverLin2

Our Mysterious Bachelor Z had now been on 5 of the most special, romantic, and yes, even educational home-town dates in Bachelor history.

He’d learned of unique Oklahoma traditions and Annie’s compassionate side, about the beauty and richness of a New England autumn, that Penny could be marvelously resilient and persistent when necessary, that Cupid’s arrow can find you again after heartbreak and separation, and that an appreciation of beauty is more than just the visual, it's about the soul.

And, as well, the 5 bachelorettes had learned much from watching Zorro interact with their families. Along the way, nearly every family had asked him about the show, including how he had managed to juggle 5 ladies (let alone 25 at the beginning), and the amount of travel, time and energy that had gone into this kind of dating process so far. Zorro had answered that question tactfully each time it arose, but in all honesty, he had also skirted the truth each time, for there had to remain a secret, a mystery beyond just the Mask of Zorro, that enveloped and interwove all the pieces of the puzzle that make up this particular Bachelor season.

Zorro had been with his favorite maidens in their hometowns, with their families and/or friends, spending quality time with them and wanting so much to be heart-true to them when he was holding their hands, cuddling with them, and giving them romantic kisses, for he was in fact falling for each of them in different ways. Each one of the girls was putting her inner soul on the line by telling or showing Z how she felt, through kisses, confessions of love, or tears when parting, in the belief that important time might slip away, time in which he might fall harder for another if she didn’t express what was blossoming in her heart. And like bachelors and bachelorettes before them, they might lose out altogether if they wasted these precious moments.

In this atmosphere of heady romance and longing, each woman made her way back to San Francisco and Julius Castle, for what she felt could be a wonderfully satisfying moment of near-completion of this adventure, or a sad moment of truth if Zorro didn’t return her feelings of love and hope. They understood that this was to be a semi-final Rose Ceremony, whittling the potential fiancées down to 2 or 3, and NOT ONE of them wanted to be eliminated. Kylie flew in from Parsippany after a family pep-talk and tearful goodbyes; Annie flew in from Norman with tiny horseshoe charms for good luck in the bottom her boots; Maggie and Margie were dropped off at the airport in Indy by Rusty and Mary, who stood watching them as they went through curbside checking and then into the airport (Maggie and Margie likewise spied on their mom and dad from inside the doors, and saw them share a little kiss before getting into the car!); Penny and Jen hopped into The Bachelor limo in Lake Tahoe for a thoughtful and talk-filled ride back; and of course, Theresa and Zorro shared a plane ride back to the Castle from O’Hare, giving Theresa a slight advantage, one of extra time with Z.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 am

SilverLin2

Meanwhile, back at the Castle, during this past week of hometown dates, things had been hoppin’! Camera crews had many, many posts to set up, and the producers were crazy with absolutely the most detailed and logistically-nightmarish scenario in Bachelor history  (… well, except for maybe the oddly distracting occurrence of 2 bachelors desperate to return to the show in Jillian Harris’ season). In addition, the Castle staff was busy preparing food, decorations, cleaning up and cleaning out, and fitting out separate distinct quarters for each of the 5 returning bachelorettes and laying out special custom-designed attire for their arrival.

All of this flurry of activity and attention to detail was in preparation of a very special Rose Ceremony, because today was October 31, 2009, Halloween, and this evening’s event would include a Masquerade Ball and a mystery scavenger hunt. Only, the hunt would be very limited in the scope of participants, and the final treasure to be found would not be a thing or an item, but a person and hopefully, a promise. For the 5 Bachelorettes would be on a Hunt for Zorro, and though they had no idea of what was to come, at the end of this evening, they would one by one follow clues to locate Z at a special meaningful spot on the castle grounds, enjoy some private one-on-one time with him, and then the semi-final Rose Ceremony would take place, determining who would go on the Fantasy Dates with him.

And so the castle grounds were being turned into a Halloween decorator’s heaven … there were steaming witches’ cauldrons; ghosts and skeletons hung from branches all about the wide expanse of the acreage; the whole area around the pond where some party-goers infamously went skinny-dipping <> had been transformed into Jack Sparrow’s pirate ship The Black Pearl; figures which lunged out at passersby were strategically placed at each door; and the outdoor pool had been dyed red while “zombies” and “aliens” lay about on the chaise lounges with cocktails in their bony hands.

There were orange and black banners and streamers adorning the trees and doorways, and many of the lights and chandeliers within the castle walls had bulbs that burned orange, purple, yellow and green rather than the usual white incandescent. Pumpkins, squash, cornucopias, scarecrows and cornstalk displays stood as sentinels inside each doorway and at the base of every stairway. The castle kitchen staff had prepared snacks, salads, dishes from every country, plates that appeared to be covered with spiders and cockroaches, and punches that had "eyes" and "chopped-off fingers" floating in them.

Production staff for ABC’s The Bachelor and the castle staff, as well as the eliminated bachelorettes staying in the South Wing, and some of their new-found darlin’s, were dressed for the occasion and taking part in some of the scary, silly and fun activities for the evening. For example, Denise and Johnny were dressed as Morticia and Gomez Addams, and they would be onstage with Johnny’s live band; Chris Harrison was dressed as Dick Tracy, complete with the yellow hat, trench coat, and wristwatch/walkie-talkie that would serve him well as he was the point man for the traffic in and out of the ballroom tonight. There were 2 cameramen dressed as Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, and two of the eliminated bachelorettes dressed as Michael Jackson and his frightened date in “Thriller.” Staff members’ children and spouses were invited this evening, as well, because it was Halloween, after all, so there were little princesses, cowboys, ETs, and an assortment of wee animals.

Into this hub-bub the bachelorettes and Zorro arrived back at the castle, he telling Theresa with a hug that he would find her later, and heading to the West Wing, both sets of twins hugging goodbye and parting ways, and each of the still-eligible ladies going upstairs in the East Wing to her own new individual quarters, where she found an invitation to a Masquerade Ball and a costume laid out on her bed for her to wear. Naturally, each costume fit each bachelorette perfectly, and each girl had a makeup artist and hair stylist available to help her get dressed for the evening.

At sunset, when the dark of night began to fall, and random clouds occasionally streamed in front of the nearly full moon, crickets chirped beyond the walls of the castle, coyotes could be heard in the distance, and the sounds of owls, ghosts, and creaking doors began to be heard throughout the place. The 5 bachelorettes arrived in the ballroom, looking wonderful and lovely in their costumes, Johnny’s band began to play the theme song from the Addams Family, and The Bachelor Masquerade Ball began.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum