STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 14 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am

Mackey_34

Upon arrival at Annie's Cove, Zorro was surrounded by Annie's loving family.  He noticed that even the horses (Ham and Dancing) were in love.  He could see the deep love Annie's parents had for one another and how much Annie and her brothers loved and respected their parents and each other.  While having a quite after dinner drink by the swimming pool, Annie received a phone call on her cell phone. "Excuse me, I need to get this," Annie says as she gets up to leave to a private area.  Zorro couldn't hear what she was saying, but he noticed the big smile on her face when she screamed out, "Oh, that's wonderful, thank you so much Carl; I love you, love you love you so much!!  Yes, see you later."

Annie returns to the table by the pool and announces that she will have to leave for about an hour and would the family make Zorro comfortable, show him around the ranch and she would be hack as soon as possible.  A little confused, Zorro noticed that Annie was blushing and all excited to be meeting this guy Carl, but he didn't say anything.  He was definitely disappointed and felt a little pain around his heart.  He knew he had feelings for Annie, now he wondered how she felt about him.  He'd have to wait and see what happens.  He would let Annie take the next step, but he was determined to get some answers later. 

Annie usually would hug and kiss Zorro, but this time she was so excited, she said a quick goodbye, jumped into her Jeep and off she went in a cloud of dust.

At was much more than an hour when Annie returned.  Zorro estimated it was more like 3 hours and Annie looked all flushed and dreamy eyed like she had done a little more with Carl than just meet him.  Zorro was furious, but he was going to continue to play it cool.

" How is Carl?" asked Linda.  "Oh Mom, it was like old times seeing him again, it must be six months since we last parted.  Sorry folks I know this took more than an hour.......in general Annie was speaking to everybody not Zorro.  Another pain for Zorro.  'Just who is this Carl' he wonders. 

Annie and the family decided they would head for Norman and show Zorro the sites; take him by one of Brad Womack's pubs for a drink and play pool.  It turned out that Annie was a whiz at pool and she beat anybody hands down.  Zorro just played to be polite.  He had been quiet all evening.

Everyone returned to the ranch.  Since Zorro would be spending the night; they were going to get up early the next morning, go over to the U of Oklahoma---Sooner Country, you know!  And spend the day together (family included). 

Once in bed Zorro wondered when he and Annie was going to have some time to themselves.  He was enjoying her family, but this was suppose to be about the two of them.

He didn't sleep much that night........

.....................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 14 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

SilverLin2

Hi, STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 14 Clip_image001Mackey .... looks like a little competition for Zorro, eh?  Ha, ha! Nice work, throwing a little humble pie (maybe!) in there for this bachelor.  
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Mackey_34

Back at the castle, Marilee received a phone call from Roger thanking her for her nice note and asked her to have dinner with him that night.  Marilee agreed; he would pick her up around six for reservations at 7pm.

Roger was excited to be seeing Marilee again.  He knew he needed to do a lot of explaining and apologizing for his behavior when they were teens.  He knew he had hurt Marilee very badly and had to make amends.

After arriving at the castle, Roger and Marilee, who was wearing a black silk dress with a belted waist of gold (he noticed her tiny waist) and she wore red heels; she was beautiful!

Their reservation was for 7pm at The Fog City Diner at Fisherman's Wharf.  Once they entered, Marilee was a little taken back for she remembered seeing this diner in a movie she saw starring Mike Myers, "So I Married An Axe Murdered".  Certainly not very romantic, but then she wasn't looking for a romance with Roger, was she?  Nope, not Marilee!  Cool and collected Marilee was going to play it cool and collected.  Then why in the world was her heart beating so fast when she looked into Roger's eyes.  Why did she want him to take her in his arms and tell her how much he loved her.......why, why, why. 

After being seated, Roger was about to say something to Marilee when out of nowhere Tina appears, "Roger, darlin" she rushes over to him, puts her arms around his neck and kisses he passionately on his lips.  "Oh, I'm so glad I got to see you, ......'oooh, ah hi, Marilee'..... she turns back to Roger,  "Okay, see you later,  you did say you were coming by my house later, didn't you.  Oh, this is so good, my roommate will be gone for the evening if you know what I mean."  Marilee certainly got the message loud an clear if Roger didn't.

Once again, Marilee had allowed herself to be "taken" by Roger.  Tears were in the back of her eyes; she felt she couldn't breathe, she excused herself and headed for the ladies room.  There the tears began, washing down her face; Marilee felt sick to her stomach, she had to get out of this place; she had to get away from Roger once and for all.  'Okay, I need to pull myself together, go back and tell Roger to take me home.'  Just as she was leaving, Tina enters the restroom, "Don't think for one minute Roger cares for you, Marilee.  I see those stars in your eyes; he's mine, he will always be mine. Remember that missy."

Marilee rushes out, goes to the table, grabs her purse, "Roger, please take me home, I don't feel too well, I think I must have some kind of stomach virus."  She heads for the door, Roger worried and concerned, follows her.

Back at the castle, Marilee opens the passenger door and says, "don't bother to get out Roger, I'm just going to run in and take something for my stomach.  Thanks for the evening, sorry it was cut short." 

Once in her room, Marilee crying her eyes out, asked herself, 'Did I save face. Probably, but is my heart broken' ....... Oh yes'  She falls onto her bed, the tears won't stop.

.......................To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 pm

loo_loo3

Hi ladies-great read so far!! Love it Mack, Silver and S&T!! xo, Chipalooo s

The morning of the return home for the twins was rife with anxiety-er, excitement and tension-um, high energy. Both girls would return home with Jen having the obvious advantage of sharing her bird's eye view with the rest of the family. Younger brother Gavin would certainly be more accepting of the incoming bachelor since he had fewer years to develop that brother's protective instinct seen on seasons past of the Bachelor. Jen was less sure of their father's reaction, although he was certainly not one to object. He met and married their mother within three month's time, and the twins were on the way four months after that. He could argue that he was in his thirties when he met their mother, but Jen thought his easy going nature would prevail and there would be little drama at the dinner table. Penny was deep in thought as the limo dropped the twins at the door of their parent's newer lake home. She chose to meet Z. here because she loved the atmosphere around the lake-comfortable, cozy and nearer to her own paradise on earth. With a huge sigh she and Jen let themselves into the one place where they felt safe and loved-their home...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm

loo_loo3

Before the girls had even made it into the foyer of their nest at the lake, Charlie greeted Penny by jumping up into her arms, nearly knocking her over in the process. Her yelping and squiggling made it obvious to everyone how much the twins had been missed, and the rest of the family came to greet the long awaited progeny of the Campbell clan. "Charlotta Jean my little jelly bean how are you girl," cooed Penny as she held the little mass of fur trying to avoid some of the kisses Charlie was planting all over her face. "Hi mom and dad-I have missed you SO much," Jen managed to squeak out before her mother hugged the breath out of her. Gavin lagged behind, still a little shy of too much sisterly affection-or mush as he called it. And Joshua Campbell, the patriarch of the family, grabbed Penny and Charlie as he tried tried to hide the inevitable tears. "Daddy-it is so good to finally be home-I love you even if you're a mess," Penny laughed, wiping away her own tears. Gavin played the good brother and carried in the bags the girls had left stranded at the door and hurried along before his older sisters could smother him in hugs. But, as usual, he was not quite quick enough. And so the sisters piled on top of him, all three collapsing to the floor in a heap, with Charlie taking her usual spot in the middle of the pile. "Wow-it really IS great to be home," the twins announced in unison, laughing as they hugged Gavin till he finally hugged them in return...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

loo_loo3

One by one the bachelorette girls began leaving the castle in order to take part in the Home Town Date process that had begun this week. Aubrey was actually beginning to miss the other girls and she was grateful that she and Cam would be staying on at the castle for a bit longer courtesy of ABC. Both girls were rethinking their career choices especially with the economic downturn taking it's sweet time to swing the other way. And so Aubrey began brainstorming with her friend-yes, friend-Camryn in hopes of parlaying their 15 minutes of fame into a new career. "You know, Aubrey, you really should have told Z. what you were up to. About your actual reasons for being here, I mean," Camryn chided. "I thought about admitting the whole thing to him Cam, but I didn't want him to detest me or my motives," Aubrey retorted defensively. "I know I came here with the hopes of uncovering a fraudulent show, or of contestants with nefarious intents, but can I help it if the media hype last season set me up for failure? Frankenbytes, bad edits, personal agendas having nothing to do with finding love? I thought an expose would give me some real journalistic street cred, but I couldn't nail anything down-there was just not enough proof," Aubrey confessed with a regretful sigh. Aubrey was startled by the sound of her phone ringing, a sound she hadn't heard since their cell phones had been taken from them weeks ago, when filming began for this jaded journey. Unfortunately the door bell rang at the same time and Cam had to run to the other room to answer it. "What are you talking about Steven? I do not have an interview set up for Dick... Dick who? Butkis? What are you talking about-I am sure I have no idea..." Aubrey trailed off. "No-I did not say I got Butkus! I said I got bupkis-as in nada, zippo, zilch... as in No story-the END!" Aubrey was fuming. "Um-Aubrey," Camryn called from the living room, "um-there is a Mr. Dick Butkus here to see you? He says he is here for that interview for your magazine..." Who in the world is Dick Butkus, thought Aubrey as she made her way to the imaginary interview...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:46 pm

SilverLin2

On the Tuesday following the Rose Ceremony, Kylie was headed back home to Parsippany, New Jersey. She was anxious in a good way to see her dear family, but also anxious in a nervous way about their meeting Zorro.

She knew her Mom and sister Sheila would find the whole thing beautifully romantic, but she also knew the boys and her Dad were going to be a tough, tough test, and that all the guys would find this whole masked charade thing a little ridiculous and "girlie."

Kylie and Z hadn't had much time after the RC for her to share about her family ... after all, he had 4 other ladies to make plans with. But he already knew some things about Deed (Sheila), her only sister and best friend. They had talked a little bit in Topanga, and on their 1-on-1 date about their families.

Her plane touched down around 11 AM, and Sheila was there to meet her, already waiting in baggage claim when Kylie reached the bottom of the escalator. They squealed in delight to see each other, then linked arms and strode to the carousel, gathering up Kylie's bag and heading to the parking garage. All the while, Deed was asking question after question about Zorro, the castle, Chris Harrison, the hair and makeup artists, Zorro again ......... she wanted to know it all! Kylie was talking and chuckling at Deed and trying to plan the best hometown date and asking Deed about the boys' and Dad's reactions ... there was no silent moment in that car from the airport all the way into Parsippany.

As Kylie had figured, Deed confirmed that the guys ~~ all of them ~~ thought this whole thing was beyond goofy, and that this guy better be WAY MORE COMMITTED and ethical than previous Bachelors, or he would be sorry! Deed said, though, that Mom couldn't wait to meet him, would welcome him as a visitor to their home, and just knew that he was going to choose Kylie because of course there were only two women in the world that any man should ever want, the two most beautiful, talented, compassionate, and generous women in the world ... her two daughters. How would Zorro ever pick anyone BUT Kylie?!

Sheila parked the car in front of the big old house that Kylie and the rest of the family loved so well, and Mom and Dad were already out the door, heading down the front steps before Kylie could even get her seat belt unbuckled. They enveloped her in love and hugs, and Dad said, "Oh boy, it's so good to have both my girls home together, again. We sure have missed you, sweetie." And this while Mom cupped Kylie's cheeks in her hands, and said, "Well, lovey, aren't you a sight for sore eyes!"

They went inside and began planning a great hometown visit for the Mysterious Bachelor Z.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Mackey_34

It was a new day in Norman, Oklahoma at Annie's Cove and Zorro was determined to find out just what in the heck was going on with Annie.  She had all but ignored him.  He had deep feelings for her, but he also knew that if the feelings were not returned that this little excursion was useless.  He enjoyed Annie's family, the ranch, everything about the area but he also knew that if he was to select Annie she had to be willing to give this up for his life.  He wasn't sure Annie would be able the do that.  There was a tight bond between Annie and her family, as well as Annie and her ranch.

The plans were to go into Oklahoma City, visit the U of O. campus where Annie, her brothers and parents had attended college.  Zorro was told to dress casually but to bring along a change of clothing for later that evening.

The trip into Okla. City was uneventful except that Annie quiet and somewhat withdrawn.  Zorro had a feeling that things were not going to work out the way he had planned.  But, he would enjoy his time with Annie.

Annie and her family visited with friends and faculty, enjoyed lunch in the campus cafe.  Zorro was the "trophy" room where Annie's father had played football as well as her brothers, and where Annie received many trophies for her barrel racing.  Zorro took Annie aside.  "You seem so quiet and sad Annie.  Is anything wrong?"  The tears began to fall as Annie told Zorro the story of Carl.  Carl was her mentor, her beloved professor who guided her though her rodeo career.  He was badly injured while clowning at a local rodeo during the bull riding contest.  The rider was saved, but Carl was injured leaving him crippled both physically and mentally for life.  Annie had made a decision that she was going to take care of Carl for the rest of his life.  She told Zorro she was concerned how he would feel about that if he picked her.  She needed him to know that where she went, Carl went also.  "He can't take care of himself, he needs me" she cried.  "Ah, Annie" Zorro takes her in his arms "of course I understand sweetie."  He kissed her and said, "let's meet your Carl, I have a feeling I will like him too."  That meant the world to Annie.  She then decided that she would confess her love to Zorro. 

Looking into his eyes Annie stood before him.  "Zorro, I need to tell you my feelings, if I don't now, I may not have the nerve later.  I have fallen in love with you, Z.  I know it's sudden, but I believe in love at first site, and I fell in love with you when I first stepped out of the limo."  "Thanks for telling me that Annie.  I have very strong feelings for you also."  They kiss, sealing Annie's love confession. 

"Okay Z, I have a big surprise for you, says Annie.  I had a long talk with Chris and I asked him what was the one thing you would like more than anything.  He told me that you had a very simple, uncomplicated desire; that you had always wanted to attend a Garth Brook concert.  Well, big boy, we're going to a Garth Brook concert right herer at the U. Of Ok----this is his debut from retirement." 

Zorro picked Annie up hugged and kissed her.  Yelling, "Oh Yea!!!!"  

What at hometown visit this turned out to be!!  Annie and Garth, what more could he ask for.

..........................To be continued

Okay S&T, Silver, Chip and Travy, that's my hometown date for Annie and Zorro.  Let me know what I need to do next.  I am going to continue with Marilee and Roger.  Will Zorro be taking the girl's to his hometown?  My E still isn't working and I've given up on that!!!  Lub, Mackey
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:05 am

loo_loo3

Awww Mack-long live Annie and Z.!! Luv the Garth Brooks concert-and his first back no less! It's gonna be a fight to the finish if Kylie has anything to say about it And Silver - ya never know what that Aubrey might be cookin' up for Dick Butkus, once she figures out who he is that is! And on football Sunday no less! xo, Chipalooo

After their first dinner at home in many months the twins cleared the back yard picnic table, feeling as if it had just been yesterday that they had done this chore. Their hands full of dishes, Charlie eating every crumb they 'accidentally' dropped from the tipping plates, the girls began to feel some of their anxiety ebbing away as the flow of their old lives began covering up the holes created by their time away from Tahoe. Josh was very concerned that his daughters may have opened up a Pandora's box of sorts by appearing on this very public venue, but once he saw how little the twins seemed to have changed, his fears were lessened. "What do you think Pier-do you think the girls have been adversely affected by this crazy show," Joshua asked his wife as he mulled over this very question himself. "It's a little early to tell honey, but I think the girls have grown up even more than I expected. They've been helping more with the little things here and not asking me what I think they should do. I also think they are up to something tho' because they've been asking me about Nana's jewelry, and grampa's old business. But I think that is just harmless stuff, and they still have their feet on the ground. And Penny is not all willy nilly all over the place so I think it's positive so far," Pier Campbell responded thoughtfully. Joshua smiled as he watched the girls playfully doing the dishes with their only brother, remembering some of the antics that his children had pulled over the years. His heart was full as he watched them there, but he also knew that the family dynamics would soon be changing: for he had never seen Penny quite as smitten as she told him about this mysterious man named Z. And Jen appeared to be in total agreement with Penny's choice. Now that was really a first...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am

loo_loo3

"Hey mom and dad," Penny yelled out the door, "we're going on a bike ride but we'll be back in an hour or so."  "We have our cells so if you need us you can just call," Jen added so their parents would not worry. The twins grabbed their jackets and their bikes and headed to their home away from home. By bike it was only a fifteen minute trip and the girls were used to riding everywhere around the lake, so this one was a breeze for them. They had done it so often they could ride there in their sleep; so often in fact that they felt just maybe they HAD gone there in their sleep. It was nearing dusk and Penny parked her bike next to Jen's, nearly stumbling trying to reach into her backpack for her flashlight. The cottage was still the same-the stones round and soft as the sun freed it from it's glare, and the purple sky cast it's lilac and pink hues against each plump curve. The wild roses and lady's slippers crept closer to the hand laid foundation near the front window, but other than that, it remained just as they had left it: untouched and silent, and yet strangely comforting. Jen removed the key from her bag and the girls walked to the door, each hoping to finally see inside their own private Eden. Penny had found this place first years ago. She was only ten, and the moment she saw the cottage and the forest cradling it so gently, she was it's captive. Joshua and Pier thought Penny was lost that day, and she actually was but not in that sense. This cottage became HER place, and later one she shared only with Jen. They brought their journals here, and books to read, lounging by the aspens imagining they were inside of the cottage and reading by the fire. This was the place where they held their first concerts-singing and dancing and performing for the flora and fauna, that was truly their captive audience. This place was their fairyland when they were young and their solace when they were heartbroken. Funny how they never ran into any other person here, and now hopefully would see the inside. Jen put the key into the lock and it turned. As they opened the door they looked around in wonder, their flashlights illuminating the very center of the cottage...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:09 am

SilverLin2

As they had arranged by phone, Kylie and Zorro met outside the Morris Township Building in Parsippany; today the parking lot was transformed into a Farmers' Market, full of row after row of booths, stands, tents, and displays. The fall mums provided a carpet of autumn color everywhere you looked, you could smell the fragrance of apples and pumpkins all around, and the air had a crispness in it that signalled the onset of cooler weather to come. After today's market, there would only be 3 more weeks for folks to buy farm-grown fruits and vegetables, free-range eggs and chicken, organically-raised meats, bulbs for fall plantings, and the handmade peanut~toffee chocolates that Kylie and her Dad loved so much.

Kylie was waiting in front of the building with 2 cups of freshly-brewed mocha coffees, when Zorro came walking around the corner, looking marvelously handsome in jeans and boots, and a beige t-shirt beneath a brown faux suede jacket that fit him perfectly. "He could so be a GQ guy," Kylie thought, as she smiled at him, and ran to meet him as best she could, carrying two cups of coffee.

Z: "Ky! Oh, man, how I've missed you! What a great little town you have here. And look at you ... how much a New England autumn brings out the color in your eyes and the blush in your cheeks!"

K: "I don't think that blush is the autumn, honey, I think it's you," Kylie said as she leaned up towards him for a hands-free kiss from her handsome man. People were looking, of course, because when was the last time you saw a masked man, drop-dead gorgeous, at the local farmers' market? So the kiss was brief but with a hint of a better one yet to come, later.

"Okay, let's sit over here while I tell you about our day and about my family!" Kylie excitedly said while handing Z his mocha and taking his free hand, leading him to a bench in a romantic little gazebo under a brilliant orange~red maple tree.

She told him of the plans she and her family had made, with Zorro nodding in agreement at each planned stop on the "agenda." Zorro had not seen this "recreation director" side of Kylie before, and he just smiled as he remembered the Homecoming Parade, game, and dance, and figured out that the detailed arrangements put in place for that day must have been coordinated by her. She would be a good match for him, then, he thought, as he flew by the seat of his pants sometimes, and really appreciated a woman who could be a little more structured than he found himself being most of the time.

After telling Zorro about their schedule, she talked just a little bit about her Mom and Dad, and her brothers and sister, sharing just enough info to give their personalities a shape, but not so much that he couldn't draw his own conclusions about them. He would learn eventually that they were all each other's biggest fans, and biggest defenders. They were a close family, all best friends to one another, led by parents who were still crazy in love, committed to their family, and active in the community.

They would be having a mid-afternoon supper with the family, Kylie said, and her and Z's first mission was to pick up salad makings and bread at the Farmer's Market. Wonderful, Zorro thought! This gave him an opportunity to pick up a bouquet and hostess gift for Kylie's mom.

~~ To be continued ~~
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 am

loo_loo3

Waving good-by to her newest friends, Jasmine adjusted the fit of her jacket and took James's hand into her own. They made the walk to his silver Prius, Jasmine waiting patiently for James to open her door and she climbed in trying not to squish the puppy. Jasmine was looking forward to her own hometown date: not one put on courtesy of ABC, but one that James had asked to be invited to none the less. Jas loved how he just assumed that they would be a couple, sensing that she did not like to over analyze anything, especially relationships. Jas already knew that James had one sister and several cousins nearby and in San Diego. He was part of a family run business and had one of his own on the side as well. He would only tell her about the photography studio he had in San Diego. He told her she would have to wait to hear about the rest as it was a surprise-he was sworn to silence for now. The couple decided to make a road trip out of going back to San Diego-and reality. Both Jas and James loved the open road, and took the Prius due to the firm beliefs they shared: preserving the environment, among others. Jasmine was not nervous-not even one tiny bit. She was so happy to find out that James actually lived in San Diego most of the time, and she would not be having to choose between living near family or far away. Who would have thought that she might just have found the man of her dreams practically in her back yard? The two didn't go to the same schools, but shared the same community, and in that bond had found a compatibility that both had lacked in other past relationships. Jasmine turned up the music, sat back and just enjoyed the ride...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 am

SilverLin2

Loo-loo, Mackey, Travy, S&T ... Romance is in the autumn air! I am honored to be writing with all of you. And we carry on .......

Kylie and Zorro walked among the booths of the Farmers' Market, holding hands, talking, and picking out fresh veggies for dinner with Kylie's family. They were truly feeling comfortable with one another, and felt like they were "home" in each other's presence. Of course, they had their differences of opinion ... don't we all? For example, Kylie wanted to pick up a head of green cabbage to add to the salad, but Z wanted purple ... "for the color" he said. Kylie wanted to add some dried cranberries for pizzazz, but Zorro wondered why you'd mix a fruit with a vegetable salad!!???

When all was decided and purchased, they left the Market with lettuces, purple cabbage, a pint of cherry tomatoes, bean sprouts, dried cranberries, whole walnuts, and 2 loaves of fresh-baked italian bread. Zorro found several gifts for Kylie's family ~~ a beautiful bouquet of fresh-cut autumn blooms with baby's breath and a cedar bough, a lavendar-scented soy candle, a tin of freshly-made chocolate toffee for Kylie's dad, and a sweet watercolor still-life of an antique milk bucket in the grass, surrounded by purple violets, the state flower of New Jersey.

They carried their packages to the car, and drove on, with Kylie pointing out certain things along the way to her parents' house, the home she grew up in.

They went by her elementary school, and she told the story of being the star player in recess for one day, when she made a basket on the playground by dodging in and out of the taller girls' legs. She'd never excelled at basketball before and never did again, but for that one day, she was her team's hero.

They drove by her high school, and stopped outside the fence around the football field. Kylie remembered many exciting games on that field, where she'd cheered her team on, first as a pom-pom girl and later as a junior and varsity cheerleader. Hmmm ... Zorro got another glimpse into the mind and heart of the Homecoming date ringleader.

Kylie showed Zorro where she'd gone to school to become a dental hygienist, and took him to the clinic where she worked. He had the chance to see where she spent her days, working to make patients' smiles bright. The office was clean and colorful and cheerful, and he could see her fitting in well here. When he asked what her favorite part of the job was, she said it was working on the young children who came as part of school field trips, to have their teeth cleaned and checked; she loved showing them the equipment, giving them a "ride" up and down in the dental chair, and using a puppet with big teeth and a giant toothbrush to teach them about brushing. Zorro could picture Kylie with the children, and imagined that they liked her as much as she had fun with them.

They drove on then to the family's house, a big two-story Victorian home in a tree-lined neighborhood. Kylie gave Z a reassuring kiss and they both took a deep breath before heading inside.

Greeting them outside the front door was Kylie's sister Sheila, a blonde and taller version of Kylie, Zorro thought. Waiting inside in the big downstairs hallway, were Kylie's mom and dad, Mike and Barbara, and her 4 brothers ~~ Brian, Matt, Stephen, and Joseph, or to use nicknames: Bry, Matty, Stevie Baby, and Jay. There were handshakes and hugs all around, Zorro presented Mike and Barb with their gifts, and Barb especially loved the watercolor ... it was her very favorite flower, she told Zorro. Mike opened the tin of candy and said to Ky, "Hmmm ... I wonder how he knew to get this kind, Ky! Oh, BY THE WAY!!" he said with emphasis to her, "would YOU like a piece?!

The 4 boys were all standing around watching Zorro with apparent amusement or suspicion, it was hard to tell which. Bry had his arms folded across his chest, Stephen and Jay, the two younger than Ky and Sheila, dug their hands in their pockets and didn't say much, and Matty said with a tip of his head, "So...what's with the mask?"

Mike herded all the guys to the TV room to hear the story about the Bachelor show, and why the secrecy, while Barb and the girls went to the kitchen to work on dinner. Kylie took Coronas in to the four older guys, questioning Zorro with just a look and her eyebrows as to whether he wanted one, and while still talking, he gave her a thumbs-up.

Soon, dinner was ready and they all sat down to spaghetti with garlic bread and fresh salad. During dinner, Barbara kept up a running commentary with stories of the kids' childhood, until Mike finally said, "Barbie, you'd better let someone else talk so you can eat!"

"I've got a question," Zorro said, looking from Kylie to Sheila, whom everyone called "Deed" all the time. "How in the world did Sheila become Deed?" Bry and Matty chuckled while they continued eating, and Mike answered, "Well, it actually started out as 'Deed-a'. Kylie was only 11 months old when Sheila was born, and couldn't say the name. It was 'Deed-a' from day one, and it's stuck all her life. Now everyone calls her Deed." Stephen elbowed Deed and teased in a baby voice, "Deeda, Deeda." Deed elbowed back with "Stevie Baby, Stevie Baby." Emphasis on the "baby" part.

While that kind of ribbing was going on, Zorro leaned in towards Kylie and whispered, "That's a cool story ... that your nickname for her stuck for life." And he kissed her cheek, which did not go unnoticed by Barb and Deed.

~~ To be continued ~~

SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 am

loo_loo3

"Uh,oh, Jen-you just jinxed us! You are never supposed to say out loud that we never see anyone here!! That was rule number one about coming here! Now did you hear that-I just heard voices-well voice at least. No-there were definitely two voices! Darn it!!" Penny and Jen turned off the flashlights and locked the door as they snuck out the back way. They practically back pedaled their bikes to get off the property before being discovered and questioned. By the time they got home they were out of breath and surprised their mother running in the door as she was coming to check on them. "Ugh-you two nearly scared the skittles out of me I swear," Pier clutched at her throat as she lurched to a stop by the back door. "I thought you would be gone longer-why did you cut your ride short?" By the looks of the girls' disheveled appearances and breathless hemming and hawing Pier guessed something was up but decided to just let it go for now. "Well go get cleaned up and meet us in the family room-we are planning the dinner menu for the mystery man tomorrow night and we want to run it by you two. Go on-we'll catch up on your little shenanigans later!" Both Jen and Penny just looked at their mother and then at each other-guilt written all over their peaked faces. "How does she even DO that," Penny whined. "I don't know, but I think that in order to even BE a mother you have to become a licensed mind reader-sheesh!!," Jen responded with shake of her curls. Pier laughed as she overheard the objections voiced by her daughters. "Score one for the mom," she smiled...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 am

loo_loo3

As the trio arrived at Jasmine's home in San Diego James helped Jas unload the bags before getting the little fur ball out. "Come here JJ," James called to the little puppy as he finally let her out of the travel carrier in the back seat. "What did you just call her," Jasmine inquired incredulously. "JJ-you know-as in Jasmine Jr.?" "Wha... what?" "Okay, haha-I see that you are not getting this Jas. I can't very well call you both Jasmine or Jas even. And since she is still a puppy-a baby really-she can still learn her new name. Not to mention the fact that both of our names begin with the letter J-hence J J... JJ!," James announced proudly. "Ah-just one more thing I love about you James-you can think on your feet! Now we just have to figure out a nickname that I can call YOU," Jasmine teased with a smile. "Hmmm-maybe I will call YOU Jas-as in Jas.-the abbreviation of your name. And you COULD call me Mina. That is my nickname when I was a little girl. What do you think?" "That is a toughie. Hmmm... I don't know if I can see you as a Mina... I see you as a Jas, and I really had my heart set on marrying a Jas someday. If I change your nickname to Mina I just may have to rethink the whole marriage thing, ya know," James asked with a devilish grin. "Ohhh-so you mean you're talking marriage already. Hmm... I just may have to hold you to that potential proposal you just admitted to. C'mon JJ-let's see if we can beat Jas. 'The Sequel' to the house," Jasmine challenged, as she and the puppy were off before James could even wipe the surprised look off his face...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 am

SilverLin2

The very practical Barbara knew from Kylie that Zorro had to catch a flight out tonight, and she herself wanted some time to get to know him, too. She also had an inkling that Ky might like at least a few moments with him alone before he left, so she kept things moving.

"Zorro, would you mind helping Mike and me clear the table and get the dishes started?"

Zorro was very pleased to be able to help in any way he could, and he knew this would be a low-pressure way for him to answer the questions he knew were coming. He was no fool ... he'd seen The Bachelor enough times to realize the parents had to have their say about their daughter. All 3 of them would be busy while they grilled him and he talked. No stare-downs or restless fidgeting.

Mike and Barb asked him lots of questions while they washed and dried the dishes and put away the leftovers...the typical questions about his intentions, and what first attracted him to Kylie, and about his family and occupation. They were a little defensive and disappointed when he couldn't answer much about himself, just due to the nature of the secrecy this season, but they said they understood. Mike then added, "But, my friend, if you choose Kylie, there won't be any blessing from me until and unless we learn more about you."

Zorro put their minds at ease when he replied, "I assure you both, and I promise you, that if Kylie and I choose each other, I will make it a point to spend as much time as you need and want to get to know me better, and my life and history will be open to both of you. You should expect no less, and I will meet that expectation out of the respect I have for your daughter, and you her parents."

And Mike and Barb chuckled as he added, "What the heck, if you need me to move in here for a time, and help with the dishes and go hunting with you and the guys, Mike, I'm even willing to do that! I'm not sure your guys would be so crazy about that, or Kylie, but ....."

While this was going on in the kitchen, Kylie and her 5 siblings were talking and listening to music upstairs in Jay's room, all sprawled on the bunk beds and in the bean bag chair and on pillows on the floor. The younger guys wanted to know all the cool things that Kylie liked about Z, while the older brothers wanted to know how he would take care of her.

Deed already really liked Zorro, just because she could sense the strong chemistry between him and Ky, and because she had already talked to her sister so much about him. All of the brothers were impressed that Zorro seemed like a real outdoorsy type, Bry and Matty liked that he was into golf since they had taken up the sport as a brothers' get-together sort of thing just recently, and Stephen and Joseph thought it really took some guts to wear a mask in public, "especially when it's not even Halloween yet," Jay the youngest at 15 said. There was silence as the others just looked at him, like, "well, duh!" Kylie broke the silence by grabbing him and wrestling with him until Bry finally asked, "Ky, I guess bottom line is, we all want to know, do you like this guy enough to continue on if he chooses you to go on to the next step of this thing?

Bry had always taken on the role of serious protector, since he was the oldest and the big brother. Kylie looked at him with such true sisterly love in her eyes, and said, "Bry, I'm crazy about this man. I've never felt this close to another man besides all of you and Dad, and he makes me feel absolutely respected and adored, truth be told. Yes, I like him enough to carry on and hang in there through this process, if he asks me to."

Deed by now was holding Ky's hand as a best friend would do at a moment of truth, and Matty said, "Cool, cool." Stevie Baby just smiled at his big sister, even though Kylie was expecting some sarcastic joke of a remark, and Jay said, "Well, dudes and dudettes, I think Zorro rocks. And I'll punch his lights out if he doesn't pick you!"

There was a knock on the door, and Z was standing there, wondering if he could join the fray. From downstairs, Mom yelled up, "Time to break up this party. Kylie and Zorro have to be somewhere!" Zorro looked a little mystified, but didn't question. Kylie looked over at Bry, as if to say, "Well ... what do you think?" His response was to help her up and give her a big bear hug, whispering "Follow your heart, sis!"

Kylie and Deed both grabbed their jackets and bags, Zorro said his goodbyes and his thanks, and the three of them were off down the steps to the cars.

"What's up, Ky? My flight isn't for another 4 hours." Zorro asked.

"I thought maybe the 3 of us could just hang out at our apartment for a while and chill. Is that OK?"

"Oh, yeah, great idea!" Zorro said as he linked arms with both Kylie and Deed, and they climbed into the cars, Deed into hers, and the two sweethearts into The Bachelor's SUV.

Deed and Ky shared an apartment just about 15 minutes away from the folks' house. It was something the two of them had dreamed of doing from the time they could both drive, and they just decided to make it happen, when they both could afford it.

At the apartment, a great 2-bedroom with a sunny southern-exposure kitchen and a large living room with soft, comfortable old furniture, they settled in for the 2 hours before Z would have to go. Deed fixed them each a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, and Zorro asked for some sprinkles, too. They sat and listened to music, talked about their family, reminisced about goofy family adventures, and looked at photo albums. They had a good heart-to-heart conversation, and shared many laughs before Zorro had to get ready to go to the airport.

Sadly, once again Zorro and Kylie had to part ways just past sundown. After Zorro gave Deed a hug, he and Kylie walked downstairs, where they shared a long, warm hug leaning against the side of the car. Zorro said softly, "I can't wait until we can have time together where we don't have to say goodbye as the sun goes down, Kylie," and he kissed her hair gently. Kylie was close to tears just at the thought of being without him again for days, and whispered, "I know, I feel the same way. I already miss you and you're not even gone." She pulled her head back, looked into his eyes, and then met his lips in a sweet, slow, longing kiss.

Moments later, Z was gone again, like a shadow riding off into the sunset in his trusty SUV, to where? ... well, Kylie didn't know. All she knew was that he would be having a hometown date with one of the other girls the next day, and she would have an empty place in her heart once again. And then, just as quietly as Z had left, Deed was beside her, with Kylie's Patriots fleece throw and a ready hug to comfort her sister and best friend.

~~ The end of Kylie's hometown date~~
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:30 am

Mackey_34

Marilee had a fretful night sleeping.  When she awoke, she decided that she would do a little shopping.  She had noticed a gift shop near the Fisherman's Wharf and decided she would pick up a few gifts for her family.  After a quick breakfast at the castle, she used the castle jeep to drive to the wharf. At the gift shop, Marilee picked up several gifts for her family; some beautiful decorative hair combs for her Mother, a carved fisherman for her Dad, shell necklaces for her nieces and several games for her nephews.  She wanted to find something for her new niece, Amy who was just turning 6 months old so she asked the clerk if there was a baby store close by.  Instructed to go 4 blocks, she was told she would find a beautiful children's boutique.  Thanking the clerk and heading for the store, Marilee suddenly looked across the street and saw Roger coming out of a restaurant with several other men.  They were deep in conversation, so Roger didn't notice her.  They were headed in her direction.....she had to get away, turning she went into a nearby store.  Quickly she got out of sight.  "Oh my Gosh, there he comes" says one of the young girls behind the counter.  "Oh, he's headed our way, Do I look okay?"  Giggling the other girl replies, "yes."  Roger and his companions stopped before entering the store and was looking around.  Roger is holding a scroll, which he opens and points out something to one of the other men.  "Oh, I think he's the architect who has been hired to redesign this shopping area!!"  "Why not" the other girl replies, "he's known the world over for his famous designs." 

Marilee couldn't take her eyes off Roger.  Dressed in a dark brown suit; he was so handsome.  Her heart was breaking for after seeing Roger since the disaster of the evening before, she knew that she was so in love with this man.  Nothing had changed since high school.  'It's too late' she's thinking, 'I'm heartbroken again and I don't know if I can stand the pain again.'  She rushed to leave the store before Roger saw her, but it was too late.  Roger turned in her direction just as she was leaving the store.  "Marilee"  he calls,  "Wait up, Marilee."  He runs after her catches up to her, grabs her by her arm, turns her towards him.  "Please, Marilee, I need to talk with you, give me just a couple minutes to explain about last night, honey." The endearment, grabbed her in her stomach, and she gasped.  "No, Roger, no, let me go!  I don't want to talk to you, I already know what happened last night, there's no need to explain when I saw clearly what was going on."  The tears were gathering in her eyes; she had to get away.  Roger would not let her go.  He pulls her towards him, drops the blueprint he'a holding, takes her in his arms and looks into her eyes,  "Please, sweetheart, please, you need to know that I didn't even know Tina was going to be at the diner last night, and I did not go to her house after I left you.  Tina means nothing to me!"  Marilee didn't say a word, she just stood there determined not to cry.  She wanted to hit him, she wanted to throw her arms around his neck and tell him of her love for him; she wanted him to kiss her and she wanted him to feel for her what she felt for him.  But, she had been around this "street" before and she wasn't going there again. 

When Marilee didn't reply, Roger released her.  He looked so sad, so broken as Marilee walked away.  She didn't see his expression thought, if she had, would she turn around and walk into him arms.  It was too late...............

..........................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 am

Mackey_34

Roger was distressed about Marilee.  He didn't want to go to Matt, Marilee's brother, his best friend concerning what was happening.  Since he knew Matt from childhood, they never talked about Marilee and his relationship or feelings towards her to Matt.  When he and Matt were younger, they both thought of her as a brat, and when they were older; Roger treated her like a older sister until he got the "jock" Mr. Popular attitude, then he would only hang out with the "end crowd of which Marilee wasn't part.  Matt was but not Marilee.

So, after much deliberation, Roger decided to give Matt a call.  He plan was to ask Matt and his family (Matt had married his high school sweetheart and they had 5 children, the latest 6 month old Amy, to his house for the weekend at his home, and he was going to ask Matt to invite Marilee too.  It would be like old times, he told Matt.  But he was not to tell Marilee about the weekend retreat  because he didn't want Marilee to feel left out (that was his explanation to Matt, but Roger knew that if Matt mentioned him, Marilee would stand her ground and not go.

The plans were made.  Matt called Marilee and convinced her to travel to Vail, Colorado for a weekend of R&R.  Marilee agreed for she was eager to see Janet, Matt's wife and the children.  She was to meet them at the airport in Vail, and from there they would head for the chalet Matt mentioned. 

Getting away for a few days would help her made some decisions about staying at the castle until the final rose ceremony.  Eventhough she was not one of the finalist; she was looking forward to the final rose ceremony and was pulling for her friend Annie who had just arrived back at the castle with a glow of love, excitement and hope in being chosen the final one.  Annie had told Marilee that if Zorro asked her to marry him she would say yes, and tell him she would not want to wait another day before they married-running away to Reno would be just fine with Annie.l

Saying goodbye to Annie, Becca, Lena and Grace, Marilee was headed for Vail to meet her brother and his family.  "Bye....see you all in a couple days!" Marilee waves as she drives away.

...........................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 am

Mackey_34

Marilee was waiting for Matt, Janet and the children at baggage claim.  She was so eager to see them; she missed her nieces and nephews, as well as, Matt and Janet.  She looks up from her perch and notices a bunch of kids headed her way yelling, Aunt Mari, Aunt Mari!  Jacob and Joy, the 9 year old twins, Wanda, age 8 and Jason, the 7 year old hug her in their group hug.  Matt is holding Amy and Janet who doesn't look like she is the mother of 5 gives her sister-in-law a big hug and and very secret smile.  Marilee knew right away that Janet had a surprise for her.  She hugs Matt and turns to Janet, "Okay girlfriend, spill the beans, what's going on!"  "Well, it won't become a big surprise much longer, so we might as well, tell her" Janet looks up at Matt so lovingly.  "Remember when I told you we wanted a baseball team, well number 6 is on his/her way," Matt smiles with a bright beam in his eyes.  "Oh my Lord, you don't mean it!" exclaimed Marilee.  She looks at Amy who is six months old, turns to Janet with a surprise look on her face. "Well, sis don't be so surprise, it does and can happen you know."  Janet and Matt break out laughing.  Drawing Janet aside, Marilee whispers, "Well, you do know there's such thing as birth control, don't cha!"  "Oh yea, we're well aware of that, but it didn't work this time"  (Aside here: nope it doesn't work, even in reality!!!!).  All are so happy and eager to head out.

Marilee has her car, so Janet, Amy, Jacob and Joy go with her while Wanda and Jason go with Matt.  Matt is in the lead, so Marilee is following.  She and Janet talk about the Bachelor show.  Marilee mentions seeing Roger and she talked about the prom she never got to attend.  Janet knew how much Marilee cared for Roger  She asks, "So how did it go seeing Roger again after all these years, Mari?"  "Oh it was nothing," Marilee gestures with a 'I couldn't care less' reply. 

They arrive at the beautiful chalet which is situated just north of Vail in an area called Nottingham Estates.  It is one of many homes of a private community that includes movie stars, entertainers, the upper crust of our society.  "Oh what a beautiful home" declares Marilee.  I've seen this home in my dreams and always wanted to live in it; who does it belong to?  I bet it's one of Matt's business partners."  Do I know him?"  "Oh, I think you do" replies Janet just a little cautious in her reply. 

About that moment, the front door to the chalet opens and out walks the owner--so handsome, smiling, ready for the invasion.  Jumping out of the car and van, all the Matt Cooper children head for Roger.  "Uncle Roger, uncle Roger, they scream!  Roger, being about 6'4" hunkers down and welcomes all the children with a big hug.  Carrying Amy, who is reaching for Roger, Matt hands her over to Roger who takes her in his arms, gives her a hug and kiss.  Little Amy nestles her head on Roger's shoulder with her sweet breath on his neck.  It is a loving site, one that brings tears to Marilee's eyes. 

Marilee looks at Janet, "You knew didn't you?" the anger is in her face and posture. " Why didn't you tell me this is where we were coming.  You know I never would have agreed to come, don't you."  Marilee looks at Matt with equal anger, and she gives Roger a look of hurt hate.  "You did it again, you had to do it again, didn't you Roger....your middle name is humiliation, you know."  She turns and stomps off, having no idea where she was going. 

Roger hands Amy back to Matt and heads after Marilee.  He approaches her, grabs her by her shoulders, turns her--standing over her, "Wait, just one minute, lady!"  He's also angry.  "I invited Matt, Janet and children here, and asks that he persuade you to come also, because I wanted to get a few matters straight with you, Matt, Janet, everybody.  You haven't given me a chance to explain myself, so I took it upon myself to give this a try.  Now if you don't like what I've done, take it out on me, but not your brother, Janet or the kids.  They are here to have some fun.  I'm hear to see my new Godchild.  You are welcome to be part of this, or you can just sit around and watch the fun and excitement; it's up to you."  Matt turns and walks away, hoping upon hope that Marilee will return and at least enjoy her time with Matt, Janet and children. 

Tears are flowing; Marilee's heart is breaking for the love she thinks she will never had.............................

............................To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 am

loo_loo3

Aw Mack!! When is Marilee going to come to her senses?? And we love your side stories-they are never in the way! It makes our story more fun!! xo, chipalooo

Penny was feeling a bit nauseous as the clock ticked away the final minutes before Z. was to arrive. She checked the bikes one more time to be sure tires were inflated and chains were in working order, more out of nervousness than anything else. At last she saw the limo approaching and Penny took a deep breath-sure it was going to be her last-and then she saw him: Z. in all of his masculine magnificence. His dark hair shining and a bit longer than she last remembered, he strode quickly to her and with purpose. And then she was ok-queasy stomach calmed by the sight of him. If she had any questions at all concerning him before, those disappeared into vapor and she ran the last few steps and hurled herself into his arms, kissing away the longing she saw in his very blue eyes. "Finally, finally you are here! You are really here," Penny murmured as she hugged him close. "I can't tell you how long these days have seemed Penny! I just couldn't believe how time absolutely crawled by! Ugh..." The two just stood there, each enjoying the closeness of the other. As the reality hit that Z. was not going anywhere, at least for a bit, Penny relaxed and pulled away just long enough to point out their transport for the evening: two new beach cruisers, complete with a basket and lights. They were even equipped with horns, which she proceeded to try out just for Z. "Wow Penny-I hope you don't plan to beep that thing every time we run into a little traffic," Z. teased with a slow smile. "No worries Z.-everyone here knows me and they tend to avoid my bike. You'll see," Penny giggled as if she was keeping another one of her charming little secrets. Just one more lovable trait that Z. adored about her. "Just follow me and I will be your tour guide. We'll be taking the next left by the way," Penny explained as she stepped up the pace quickly. Z. wasn't sure if he was actually having trouble keeping up, or if he was just too distracted by the gorgeous brunette guide ahead, but either way, he was thoroughly enjoying the tour...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am

loo_loo3

The bike ride continued as Penny pointed out her elementary school and Jaden Johnson's house nearby, her first crush and the standard upon which all other crushes were measured. That is until the seventh grade when she first laid eyes on Him-Dante Falcone-president of the freshmen class, and quarterback on the football team and team captain. Penny tried her best to get noticed but that was a lost cause until she was nominated for Sophomore Homecoming Court. Dante was a senior by then and finally noticed her but she had long lost interest and was going steady with with the sweetest boy in school. His name was Jesse Franklin and his tenor voice was the best in their concert choir. They met when both made the Madrigal group in choir and it was love at first sight. Penny had learned early on that the most popular boys did not always make the best boyfriends, and her love of music easily translated into love of the one she could best share that with. By the time that Penny graduated however, she and Jesse had moved on but remained friends through it all. Z. was not surprised to learn that many boys had succumbed to Penny's charms over the years. He was so inclined himself and rather felt sorry for any that she said good by to. "So Penny, did you have any GIRL friends when growing up," Z. chuckled with this rhetorical question. "Yes I did-in fact Jen was my best friend and we hung out with four or five other girls since we moved here in the third grade. then of course we had girlfriends at work and church-just like anybody else would." Just then Z. was startled by a car horn honking as Penny cut one corner a little short. She waved and yelled "So sorry Mrs. Jenkins! Have a great day!" She looked back at Z. sheepishly and then Z. knew what she meant when she told him that the drivers avoided her bike: SHE was not very good at avoiding the other DRIVERS...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am

loo_loo3

At long last the bicycling duo reached the final stop on Penny's tour. Z. wondered where she was taking him as they both got off the bikes and parked them alongside the only fence nearby. He could understand why Penny brought him here once he saw the wild flowers and cottage. It would be just like her to appreciate lovely things even if they were old and a bit rundown. He knew she could see the potential beauty hidden in most anything or anyone: she had that knack for sensing what was lacking and providing the remedy. That was Penny's gift. Penny pulled out the burgundy vellux blanket from one of the baskets, along with a journal and a few tidbits to tide them over till dinner. Z. handed her the bottled waters and the small bottle of wine he had snuck along. He felt like he was 18 all over again as he and Penny nestled under the aspens and Penny began to read from her journal-the one she only showed to Jen. And Z. was humbled by this simple offering from Penny; a sneak peak into her life, from her heart and into his...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:58 am

loo_loo3

Penny's voice shook a bit as she read the last passage on the page. Her eyes still welled up as she relived that moment when her heartbreak became like the very ink on the page before her-black and immutable. She often wondered how one small decision could change two lives in an instant so completely. How four little words could impact a future and turn it to dust. Z. slowly put his arm around Penny and pulled her close. As he whispered to her, "I would never do that to you Penny-never," Penny believed him and trusted, that in that moment her belief in herself was reaffirmed. "You will never understand how important this day was to me Z. If we never have another, this will have been enough for me," Penny said quietly, looking out over yellowed leaves falling one by one around them. But it would never be enough for me thought Z., sorry that he could not say more to Penny, yet understanding innately just what she meant...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:59 am

loo_loo3

By the time Penny and Z. arrived back at the house both were starving and in the mood for some socializing. Penny hoped Z. understood why it was so important to share the part of herself that was still raw. She wanted him to see that behind the clowning and high spiritedness there was a young woman with more substance than silliness; more tenderness than brash. But Z. already knew that. What he really took away from their afternoon was the fact that Penny had already taken that leap of faith, laying her trust on the line. And Z. wanted so badly to take that leap with her... Z. was still thinking about their day when he was asked the first of many questions concerning his reasons for doing the show, what his family thought and exactly what his intentions were. Just as he was about to answer, Gavin handed him the platter laden with freshly caught fish, deliberately letting go of it before Z. had a handle on it. Penny looked up just then to see the platter tipping into her lap. But in the nick of time Z. had it righted and set down, a look of shock appearing on Penny's face. "How did you grab that plate so fast Z.," and "you better explain yourself mister," the last part being directed at her brother. Z. looked up sheepishly and flatly stated, "I played football..." "Oh really," intoned Joshua, "what position?" "Um... wide receiver," Z. mumbled. Penny sighed and then asked pointedly "And were you class president I suppose?" "Um, no... Salutatorian..." "Well were you team captain," Penny asked then clearly annoyed. "NO-I can honestly say I was not team captain," Z. stated with conviction. But Penny was not to be put off. "Really-no team honors of any sort then," she pressed. "Well... MVP Award um... for the game... " "Which game?" "The championship game..." Z. trailed off again. "Hmmm-well since you were a measly wide receiver I suppose I can continue to accept your roses then," Penny sniffed. "Wow way to go sis," Gavin said admiringly. He was glad to see that his sister could hold her own with this Z guy. "And I am not finished with you yet Gavin," Penny continued. Pier and Joshua just looked at each other as if they had missed something, and decided to go a little easier on Z. than planned since Penny could clearly handle any miscues with Z... Jen was impressed with Penny's persistence. That had been the one area in a relationship that Penny would typically let slide. She would often ignore red flags because she was TOO forgiving, and Jen was happy to see this new side of Penny. Z. was a little taken aback by this 'new' Penny, till he realized that her take charge attitude was an important asset in any partnership-romantic or otherwise. He felt his admiration growing by leaps and bounds for this complicated young woman. He sometimes got lost in his role on this adventure since it was about him finding love. But it was also about the women-well, the woman-he also had to be right for HER. Penny turning the tables on HIM was absolutely the best thing that had happened so far-well next to finding her that is. After spending some one on one time with each parent, Z. felt he had established that his intentions were honorable, that he was honest about his family's status, and that he had real feelings for their daughter. Z. told Joshua that he would ask for her hand should it get that far and Josh was comfortable with that. Gavin finally came around and shook Z.'s hand when it was time for him to leave. Hugs were given all around and good bys were tearful but Penny's heart was full. She could really picture family dinners that included Z. and was happy that she had opted out of an additional day with him. He had other dates to go on and she could not handle any more emotion on her plate that day. As she walked him to his car, she gave him a penny-a lucky penny she told him. It was shiny and new now, but with time would become smoother and maybe a bit duller. But it would still be worth the same in twenty or thirty years time. And like her, there were two sides to it, with neither side being more valuable or sensible than the other. Two halves equaling one whole... and with that she kissed him and she was gone.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:59 am

SilverLin2

LooLoo and Mackey...romance at the cottage, Chip! Can't get much better, except in Parsippany! STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 14 Clip_image001

Mackey, I'm enjoying the Roger and Marilee story as much as any of the rest. Probably 'cuz of that Roger in my previous life, too! Don't mind the side stories at all!

Marvelous story, everybody. S&T, bear with us all, please. Travy, I hope you are hanging in there and that you know all of us gals send our best positive thoughts.

Silver
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top