STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 12 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 am

Ughwhatname

I just wanted to chime in and tell you how much I am thoroughly enjoying this story.  I love how there aren't hard feelings, there are plenty of second chances, and many are finding love.

It’s terribly romantic, and an incredible feat for multiple writers, and you are all doing an amazing job.  I just hope its as much a blessing to you to write it as it is for your fans to read along.

To Mackey:  I don't know what's going on in your life, nor do I need to, but I wanted to tell you that I have been praying for God's comfort, wisdom and peace in whatever your circumstances.  STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 12 Clip_image001

K
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 12 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 am

SilverLin2

Thanks, K!

We all love writing and we have a lot of fun doing it and thinking up twists and turns, but we also LOVE that you love it, too!

Yay! Here's to good feelings, new good friends, and blessed days ahead!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 am

Mackey_34

Thanks so much for your kind words, K.  Thanks also for the prayers of comfort; that means so much to me and my family.  I don't mind sharing - I recently lost my father-in-law too soon and too sudden. 

Thanks also for the kind words about our story!  Lub, Mackey 

SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 am

rockettelar

Mackey, Excellent job!!! Thank-You so much for sharing!!! When are you going to write a book, or have you already?STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 12 Clip_image001 xo, RoxieSTORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 12 Clip_image002

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 am

Mackey_34

Thanks so much Roxie,  No, haven't written a book, not that much talent, I'm more the technical writer, but I do love a beautiful love story-I'm very much the romantic!  Lub Mackey

After returning to the castle and saying her goodnights to Zorro, Marilee went to her room and cried her eyes out.  She thought, 'why have I allowed these feelings about Roger come back.  It's been 10 years and seeing him again was just like in high school.  Will I ever stop loving this man or am I going to pine my life away for him.'

Meanwhile Roger couldn't sleep.  He was recalling all the times Marilee and he had talked and played together.  He remembered how he treated her once they were in high school; he was so ashamed.  Then tonight, he took one look at her and his heart skipped beats.  He immediately wanted to take her in him arms and keep her there forever.  What happened to him--maybe he was finally growing up.  Zorro was quite the lucky guy, but he knew he had to give it a try to get Marilee's heart.  He was looking forward to the invitation from Zorro.

The BBQ was a great success!  Becca and Mike were falling in love.  Jake and Lena were already in love!  Jesse and Doris were getting those 'in love' feelings, Bo and Meredith were enjoying each other's company and many new feelings were flying high. 

Wes was seeing what a arse he was and had to face the fact that there was more to life than using others to get ahead in his music career.  He finally was able to talk with Jillian and apologize for his behavior and confessed that he had written the song he sung for her, he had sang it to many other girls.  He had changed his ways.  As he was gathering his equipment and getting ready to leave, a voice from behind him said, "I love your music".  Turning, he looks into the eyes of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen-honey-blonde curly hair, hazel eyes and a smile that he could write a song about.  "May I get your autograph?  I have a feeling that one of these days in the near future, you are going to be a top country music star!'"  Wide-eyed, Wes couldn't talk, "We...lll sure, I'll be happy to, and I hope you are right about my career.  I love country music and I love to sing"  He takes the piece of paper from Grace and "What's your name?"  "Grace" she replied.  "Okay, Grace, let's see................'To Grace, thanks for the words of encouragement...........Will you have dinner with me?" Wes.  He hands it back to her and she reads it..... Smiling, with her heart beating 100 miles a minute, "I'd love to!"  They made arrangements to have dinner the next evening. 

There is something about love that brings out the best in others-even someone who is in it for personal gain.  Cupid sure can play tricks on you!!

Brad finally found DeAnna, so did Jesse and who suddenly shows up, none other than Graham.

.....................To be Continued 
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 am

SmartandTruthful

Mackey, you are such a romantic soul!  Who would have thought that Grace could tame that varmit, Wes?  Ha!  Keep it coming.  Hey, Chip and Silver, we’re still waiting on your dates!  Let’s get this story moving!  Lubs, S&T

Dear 2013 Readers,
As you can see, our writing group became a family of sorts and it was the best of times, even in the worst of times!  In case you're interested, we started writing this in August 2009 and the posts I'm now posting were written in October.  You may also be interested to know that in my Word document we're on page 185 and I'm showing a total of 701 Word pages for this story - so there is lots more to come - although I am editing out some of the extraneous comments as I post this! 

On Saturday morning in Terre Haute, Margie set out with Marco to see the ten listings she had found for him that seemed the most promising.  Marco had a local realtor who had arranged access to the properties.  The first two houses were disappointing – both were a bit more run down than they seemed in the photos.  One was on a very busy and noisy street.  The other had a backyard that was small and afforded no privacy from five neighboring yards.  The third house was a real charmer.  It was a 60s red-brick ranch with storybook landscaping and a meandering flagstone walk to the front door.  Inside the house was equally as charming.  To the right of the front door was a good-sized living room that led to the dining room which was next to the kitchen.  There was also a hall from the front door leading to the kitchen with a perpendicular hallway that led to the left side of the house that included a hall bath, two smaller bedrooms, and a master bedroom with a nice walk-in closet and a master bath.  Marco loved the house.  When he walked into the backyard, he was totally smitten.  Outside the kitchen door was a small cement patio area.  The yard had a privacy fence and three good size trees to provide shade in the warmer weather.  The yard wasn’t large, but it was big enough.  “Margie, I think we’ve found my house!”  Marco turned and gave his new friend a hug of excitement.  “Thank you so much for all of the research you did.  I can’t believe it, but this is my dream house!  It is exactly what I'm looking for and at $199,000, it’s a real deal.”  Margie was thrilled by Marco’s reaction, but she wanted him to be sure of his choice.  “Marco, this is a great property and due to a recent price reduction, it is a really good deal, but don’t you want to see what else we have on the list?”  Marco thought about it a minute.  He knew in his heart that this was “his” house, but if he looked at some more properties, he’d have some more time with Margie.  So, he cleverly told her, “Well, I think this is the one, but I guess we’d better see some more just to be sure.”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 am

SilverLin2

Awww...Mackey, S&T ....... romance is in the air. You'd think it was springtime in Paris! Love this story!

On Thursday morning of this week, following a Monday night Rose Ceremony that had resulted in 8 women remaining, vying for the heart and love of the Mysterious Bachelor Z, Denise received a small but beautiful seashell and pearl-encrusted box with a hinged lid, which when opened, revealed a beveled-mirror interior with tiny flower petals and stems etched into the interior's mirrored glass. There was a small scrolled piece of rice paper tied with a green palm frond inside. Nervously and carefully, Denise opened the scroll and read the note from Z, which had been penned in simple but elegant calligraphy.

"Denise, please join me this evening for dinner, dancing and swimming poolside in the West Wing. Bathing suit shall be the only attire required. Leave your shoes even, and your cares behind, and spend the hours by my side ~~~~ Z."

Kylie, who had been lounging in the living room with Denise when the box arrived, felt a small tiwinge of envy at the beauty of the box and the look of blushing surprise on Denise's face. But she pulled together genuine feelings of sweet friendship for Denise, gave her a hug, and excused herself, saying she would catch her later and would help her get ready, if Denise wanted the company.

Denise was blissfully happy that Z had chosen not only to spend the entire evening with her, but that they would be alone in the West Wing ~~ the Bachelor's wing ~~ alone, without any of the others, without any interruptions or distractions. She went upstairs and carefully set aside the beautiful trinket box chosen just for her, allowing her fingers to linger as she softly replaced the scroll and closed the lid, knowing that whatever happened here this evening, it was hers alone, and he was hers alone for the night.

She donned the pastel green robe that had been given her when she arrived at the castle, a soft light terry robe with her initials embroidered on the left lapel, and her favorite flip-flops, and headed to the castle salon, where she would be pampered and dolled up before heading to the West Wing. The massage would be especially freeing and relaxing for her, as she was a tad bit nervous to know what Zorro was thinking about her bold statement in Topanga, when she had told him she was falling hard for him. She rather wished she hadn't spoken so soon, as it may have been premature to use the word "love," but Denise knew that many bachelors and bachelorettes had fallen by the wayside because they didn't express their feelings while they had the chance in the course of the show. She didn't want to be eliminated before she knew exactly how she felt about this man, and in fact, she DID have strong, surprising feelings for him. She just felt she needed more time.

Perhaps tonight, there would be reciprocal emotions shared by Z for her, she thought. If only she could have even an inkling of how he felt about her. Maybe tonight!

Zorro, meanwhile, was resting in the warm but mild autumn sun on the deck outside his bedroom suite. He pondered the dates he'd had the day before, with Marilee and Annie, and had to smile at how amazing things were coming together there. In other parts of the wing, he could hear goings-on, voices and water running, very subtle and muffled sounds of other people doing what they would do in the course of their day. And he thought ahead to his date this Thursday evening, with the intriguing and sophisticated Denise, and to his date tomorrow with that tomboyish sweetheart Kylie. His smile continued, thinking about these two very different women who had become close friends simply by virtue of arriving together one evening at this castle.

"Ah, destiny," he thought. "How you have brought together these many wonderful, beautiful, soulful women; my friends who are also looking for love as am I; and me, to this warm and welcoming time and place, for the moon and stars to align as they will for whatever outcome will be the best and the most loving for all of us. I await whatever you will bring this evening and tomorrow, to my life and the lives of Denise and Kylie."

He closed his eyes, and visions of 25 bachelorettes in all shapes and sizes, and the adventures he'd already had with them, danced in his head. He fell asleep with a handsome, mischievous smile on his face.

To be continued>>>>>>>>
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 am

loo_loo3

Jen had a difficult time trying to get herself to the faraway land of Nod. After much tossing and turning, she finally gave up trying to sleep. As she grabbed her favorite snuggie, she tiptoed out of the bedroom and headed toward the staircase. She had grilled cheese on her mind and nothing was going to come between her and that sandwich-nothing. Nothing except one little snuggie, Jen thought, as her foot got caught in the 'sleeve' of that fuzzy wonder blanket, and she literally slipped into that land of Nod the hard way... "Twas the night before the Rose Ceremony, when all through the Castle, Not a bachette was stirring, that was too much of a hassle, Their dresses were clingy, their shoes were stilettos, In hopes that the Bachelor would offer a red rose; Each 'princess' was passed out asnore in her bed, with visions of Z. and champagne in her head; And Chris H. in his silk suit, and Cesar in the limo, had just about had it with all of these women; When out by the pool there arose such a ruckus, And Aubrey was yelling that she "never got bupkis!" Away to the balcony Jen flew in a whoosh, but all she could hear was a faraway smoosh; As the moon on the duck pond reflected the venue, all wanted to know-what WAS on the menu? When what to Jen's sleep deprived eyes should appear, But 8 bachelorettes, each one holding a beer! As she rubbed her eyes the 8 became 12, And she shivered and shuddered in spite of herself; And then Z. appeared to tell them to go, but they would not listen, and kept saying "Heck no!" Now Aubrey, and Camryn, Veronica and Joy; and Sharon, and Ginger, Annie and Grace! Your time at this Castle has come to an end-no roses for you, your hearts they will mend! Come Chris H. and Cesar-the numbers must decline! I must make my decision for that's the bottom line!" ********** "Ahhh," Jen mumbled as she slowly woke up. "I gotta get to Penny-the truth is somewhere on this property...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:07 am

Mackey_34

Back to the story   . . .  Deanna stood looking at Brad, Jesse, and Graham wondering what in the heck was going on.  'Is this some kind of dump-DeAnna reunion fella?  If it is, forget it!  Jesse, you know what happened between us.  Yes, I made a mistake of breaking up with you at the airport, and Brad, I know I trashed you on my show, but Graham all I did was fall hopelessly in love with you."  So, get your glee out of this, then leave me alone."  she yells as tears flow down her cheeks.

Suddenly, who should appear, none other than Brain, the Texas football coach.  "Need some help here Dee?  he asks.  DeAnna turns and sees that tall handsome hunk and gives him a big smile.  "No Brain, just getting rid of some old garbage."  Goodbye fellas, and she walks away. 

Brad turns to Graham and Jesse, "Well, that didn't work out did it; we just came to wish her a "happy birthday", lets go have a piece of cake.

Wes arrived at Grace's door with a bunch of Texas yellow roses.  Grace opens the door "oh my, yellow roses, my favorite.  Are these for me?"  Yes that are, Grace, are you ready to go?" 

Grace places the roses in a vase and taking Wes's hand, they head for dinner.

The ride to the restaurant was filled with getting to know one another.  Grace was excited to tell Wes about her two families and to let him know she was a native of Texas, she was from Oklahoma.  "Then we are kin, aren't we Grace." Wes smiles that "drop dead" smile!!

The restaurant was romantic and the food was delicious, afterwards Wes was recognized by the owner and asked to sing.  He borrowed the band member's guitar and sang one of the most popular country music songs ever,  "Don't Come Home a Drinking with Loving on your Mind." Then he followed that with Garth Brooks' "The Dance."  Grace was falling fast.

.................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

loo_loo3

As Jen found Penny asleep in her bed and smiling, she didn't want to interrupt the obviously sweet dreams she was having. But as if sensing that someone was there-and staring at her, Penny awoke with a start. "AW seesh jen-way to go!! I was just dreaming that Z. was telling Chris to hurry and cut the rest of the girls because he had found his soul mate already. And that soul mate was ME!! UUUGGGHHH!!" "Penny-I think I may be on to something-the other reason we came here-remember? I fell last night-yes I know-again-but anyway during my crazy dream in my altered state I focused on something and wondered why I kept coming back to that spot in my dream. Not physically of course but mentally I mean. I kept focusing on that and not what else was going on around me. Although I gotta tell you that Aubrey is still a pain-someone's really going to have their work cut out for them if they decide to date that one." Jen added wryly. "OMG Jen-I think we were having the same dream-was Aubrey crying about bupkis or lack thereof, and the former bachettes dancing around with beers in their grasp?" Jen just nodded and went on not missing a beat, since the twins had a history of sharing dreams especially if a fall was involved. "I saw the duck pond illuminated in the dream and it triggered something in my memory-sort of like a deja vu,,," "I know Jen," Penny mirrored back. "I saw it too and it made me wonder..." And as suddenly as the revelation began it was ended by the camera crew. They heard voices and came up to begin the new day of filming, but the twins clammed up in an instant. Jen handed Penny a note and whisked by the camera before the crew could complain...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 am

SilverLin2

Well, you guys are a hoot! Is it just me, or is the story getting a little more nut*s as we go? I think I better start throwing some goofy around here and there!

Loo ... great take-off on the Night Before Christmas.

Mack... I love that all the guys really wanted was birthday cake.

Ha, ha. Chuckles to both of you!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 am

SilverLin2

The time to meet for dinner hadn't been specified, so Denise, pampered, massaged, mani- & pedi-cured, waxed, coiffed and made up, headed toward the indoor pool of the West Wind at what she assumed would be an appropriate time. She was shoeless, as Z had instructed, and wore only 4 things, a great pair of thin-banded gold hoop earrings, the halter-top half of a richly-hued royal blue bikini, its matching bottom half, high-cut and low-rise, and a finely embroidered fingertip lace cover-up. Anyone in their right mind would say she was purely beautiful, graceful, elegant and confident. Her body fit the bikini perfectly, she glided like the dancer she was, her look was classic, and she walked tall and straight, like her self-esteem was right where it should be.

As Dee approached the pool, she could sense the fragrance of blossoms and she could hear a touch of island music. Approaching the entrance, there were live palms softly blown by hidden fans, then soon the carpet began to feel sandy and she noticed seashells and starfish strewn here and there. From somewhere came the sounds of the ebb and flow of ocean waves, mixing with the music.

Two lovely young ladies, barefoot, with long black hair, held open 2 great wooden doors for Denise, smiled warmly at her, nodding their heads, and Dee walked into a warm, romantic setting right out of an island paradise. Surrounding the pool were real palm trees, tiki torches, italian lights in all the trees, low chaises with floral print towels and resting pillows, and palm fronds strewn in the imported sandy areas. Colorful streamers were woven in and out of the trees, and a banner blowing in the breeze above the pool spelled out "A Touch of Aloha."

~~ To Be Continued ~~~
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

SmartandTruthful

Mackey, Chip, & Silver, You all have made my day!

Mackey, it is so good to have you back!  I know your family is still recovering from a great loss, but I'm glad if having an outlet here can help even a little.  We're thinking about you and praying for you.

Chip, only Jenny could have a fall and subsequent dream like that and only you could write such a parody in rhythm and rhyme to match the great Clement Moore!  I loved it, especially:
     "When out by the pool there arose such a ruckus, And Aubrey was yelling that she "never got bupkis!" Away to the balcony Jen flew in a whoosh, but all she could hear was a faraway smoosh; As the moon on the duck pond reflected the venue, all wanted to know-what WAS on the menu?"
Of course you had to have the moon on the good old duck pond and poor Aubrey and her missing bupkis!  Ha, ha!  You are hilarious!

Silver, I can't wait to see the rest of Denise's date and then Kylie has one, too!  Keep it coming!

Travy, I hope you will be able to join in the fun soon.  We've missed you and it's not the same without you!

Love you guys, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 am

SilverLin2

Within seconds, the great wooden doors had closed, and a tall, dark and very handsome man was approaching Denise. He had a full head of dark hair, light brown eyes, dark tanned skin, the whitest teeth (Kylie should see these, Denise thought .. she'd ask him what his daily dental routine is, for sure), and a sexy, sweet smile. His chest was muscular, and his waist was trim, his arms were tanned and strong; he had long fingers and trim, clean fingernails (Bethany would have loved these nails, Dee thought, as she noticed the moons above each cuticle were perfectly proportioned to the shape of his nails).

In her mind, Denise pondered, "Is this ...  could this be? No, the eyes aren't blue, the hair is too dark, but OH MY!" He was also barefoot, wearing warm-ivory-colored linen pants and a pastel teal Hawaiian shirt with cream-colored palm leaves embroidered into the fabric, and a handsome lei about his neck, made mostly of a pale yellow flower, braided throughout with a royal blue blossom which perfectly matched the color of Denise's bikini .

He spoke. With a rich, warm, deep voice. "Welcome to your Hawaiian Lu'au, Denise." With that, he bent his head slightly towards Denise's, and she waited breathlessly, wondering what was coming .. a kiss, a hug, a whisper? She could smell the fragrance of the lei, they were so close, and then he removed it from his own neck and placed it around hers, gently shaping it into an arc to lay smoothly upon her chest. She recognized the scent .. plumeria, mixed with the faintest hint of orchid .. those must be the small blue petals.

One of the ladies held a tray with two drinks upon it, one being a Mai Tai, the other a pina colada. Denise chose the Mai Tai, if for nothing else but the presentation. It was a vibrant opaque orange, with a perfect slice of pineapple on the edge of the glass, and a pink and white mini-orchid floated on the top. Dee wondered who would be taking the second drink, the Bachelor Z or this handsome islandic man who had welcomed her?

At that thought, a hand reached from behind her for the pina colada, a hand she recognized immediately, and she turned to see Zorro right behind her, smiling at her with mischief in his eyes.

"You look relaxed and beautiful tonight, Denise. Zorro bent toward her neck to smell the lei, and said simply, "Intoxicating."

Perfect word, thought Denise, as she turned her head back toward the tall, dark stranger, then stepped aside to look at both men together. They both chuckled, Z said "How are you, bro?" and they shook hands. "Great, now," Tall Dark replied; "Thanks for asking me to welcome this lovely lady. Now let's get the two of you settled."

~~~ To Be continued ~~~
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 am

SilverLin2

They settled in with their drinks at a table under one of the palms with the colored streamers and the romantic Italian lights giving a soft glow to their table.

Z reached over, took Denise's hand and told her that he appreciated what she had told him a few nights earlier at the Theatricum in Topanga. She nodded, and looked at him with a glimpse  of hope mingled with embarrassment mingled with second guessing. Zorro said, "You know that I'm so very limited in what I can say, because of the process of the show, right?" Dee nodded. "But I do want you to know that I have every ounce of respect for what it took you to tell me how you are feeling right now, especially because I sense you're not one to fall hard or fall fast or express so openly so quickly."

They then talked more about this type of thing ~~ how they express or keep to themselves, he saying that he tends to be pretty guarded due to some past relationships, and she stating that she also had times in the past where she felt she should have held herself in check. But both Z and Dee said they felt the time was right in their lives to open up, be honest, and let themselves feel what their heart was trying to tell them. It was a good conversation between 2 people who were forming a friendship, made all the more pleasant by the sumptuous Hawaiian meal placed in front of them, which included dishes and bowls of roast pork, mahi mahi, lomi lomi salmon, taro and spinach in a coconut sauce, banana bread, purple big island sweet potatoes, plenty of fresh fruit, and refills on their drinks.

After supper, Z told Denise he had a surprise for her, one that he thought was going to present a great opportunity for a wonderful adventure. She looked at him quizzically, and at that moment, live music began, a curtain parted, and Tall Dark Handsome stepped to a microphone, beginning a perfect rendition of Don H*o's "Tiny Bubbles." Champagne appeared at their table, and they clinked glasses together.

Tall Dark Handsome continued, with the famous "Pearly Shells," and Denise leaned over to Z and thanked him for the keepsake box. He smiled and squeezed her hand, as they continued listening to the singer, who winked at Denise as Z gave him a thumbs-up. Dee blushed at the wink, and wondered about the connection between these two men.

Finally, Tall Dark invited Z and D to take the floor, and he sang a beautiful cover of  "What a Wonderful World" while the couple slow-danced. As he finished the song, he told the couple to stay where they were, the musicians began a rhythmic beat on the drums and a strum on the uke, the two lovelies stepped onto the floor in grass skirts and began a traditional but modified hula dance, with Tall Dark narrating the story of the hula, of Hawaii's history, of Pele the fire goddess, and of the Hawaiian celebration of life. One of the dancers went to Z, the other to Dee, and encouraged them to hula, with Tall Dark giving instructions for the swaying of the hips, the intentional footsteps, and the arm movements.

Eventually, all dissolved into laughter at Z, because he truly was not that great a dancer ...he had almost no sense of rhythm and just could not get down the hip swaying. Denise had never noticed before because they had only slow-danced, never fast, and slow dancing is easier to fake if you're a BAD dancer. But they all had so much fun, and Zorro was laughing at himself the most!

In a moment of relative quiet, while musicians were gathering their things, and the dancers were clearing the table, D & Z moved toward the pool, seemingly for a swim, and Denise said to Z, "This HAS indeed been a wonderful adventure, and I want to tell you thank you for ....." Zorro interrupted her, saying, "Whoa, wait, there's MORE of an opportunity for adventure."

He looked toward Tall Dark Handsome, who looked back in anticipation as if to say, "FINALLY!" and Zorro motioned for him to come on over. TDH trotted over, smiling so boyishly, and clapped Z on the shoulder, all the while looking at Denise, who just couldn't help but return the grin, cocking her head towards the two men, like she was asking "What the heck is going on?"

Z said, "OK, you two ... let's dip our feet in the water while we talk." So they all got settled in a corner edge of the pool where they could each see one another.

"Denise, this is a friend of mine, Johnny Brandeis, who does in fact do a superb impersonation of Don H*o, going by 'John Bro'."

"OH! I've seen your name on a marquee in Vegas, right?!" Denise asked Johnny excitedly.

"That's me."

"Nice work! Excellent acting tonight." Denise said, as she shook his hand.

Z: "But, not only does he do that. He also has a tribute band, and he has seen YOU perform at THEN AND NOW. And he has a plan and a proposition for you!" Zorro pointed at Denise, who once again was taken by surprise, but very subtly inched closer to Johnny and away from Z. Zorro motioned with his hand for Johnny to take it away, and smiled at Denise's interest in Johnny.

Tall Dark Handsome began to tell Denise about his plan to take the tribute band on the road, perhaps even overseas because of the popularity, in Asia and the islands especially, of the music of past eras. He had goals, a financial plan, a timeline, etc. But he needed a guitarist, and he needed a female vocalist, and he wanted someone that had a look with a little bit of edginess. He thought Denise had all that, and he was offering her the opportunity to travel with his band!!

Denise was floored! She looked to Z, back to Johnny, and began asking questions while she took out of a tiny pocket on her cover-up the little notebook and pencil that she carried always. Z chuckled, and elbowed her, to which she elbowed him back and laughed, then turned to the questions at hand.

Z interrupted for only a moment, with a kiss to Denise's cheek, and saying, "You two stay here as long as you want. Make plans. I'll see you both later. Denise, thank you for an amazing evening." She hugged him back, he winked at Johnny, and stood up to leave them alone.

And the beginning of a great partnership, and eventually a true and beautiful romance-on-the-road between kindred spirits was born!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 am

SilverLin2

On Thursday evening, as Denise was getting ready for her date with Zorro, she and Kylie had talked, and laughed about what to expect since Dee had been "instructed" to wear only a swim suit. Kylie helped spike up Denise's hair a bit with a little bit of styling paste on her fingertips, and spoke to Denise's reflection in the mirror.

"We're going to remember, friends always with Maddy, Bethany, and Erica, right? No matter what happens tonight or tomorrow or Monday at the rose ceremony. Right? "

Denise reached around to give Kylie a little backwards hug and Kylie bent her forehead to Denise's. "Always," Denise replied.

"Okay ... now go have fun and let's see what destiny holds for us this evening." Kylie shooshed Dee out the door, went back to the vanity and looked at herself in the mirror. She'd been a little teary today, what with having to say goodbye a week earlier to Madison, missing her family at this time of year (autumn in New England? Simply spectacular!), not having seen or talked to Z in several days, wrestling with her feelings for him knowing how Denise felt, and certainly feeling a little envy at thinking of Dee's date tonight. So she looked a little wilted.

"Sheesh! Get a grip, will ya, Ky?" she said out loud to her reflection.

She splashed some cold water on her face, brushed through her hair, and pulled it up into a half-bun, half-ponytail, then pinched her cheeks for a little touch of rosy-ness.

She was going to turn on the news and go down to get a bite to eat for dinner, when there was a knock on the door. She opened it to a figure ... that's what she had to call it, because she couldn't see any facial features or arms or even legs. He/she/it was wearing one of those big silky wrestler's robes that cover just about every part of the body, with a big hood that came down over the forehead, covering almost the whole face.

"Please?" the figure said, simply, and motioned to come in to the room.

Kylie couldn't tell from the voice, either, who her visitor might be. But she opened the door further to allow entry, trying to get a glimpse of the face.

From beneath the robe, the figure pulled a small picnic basket with a red and white napkin draped across the top, placed it on the foot of the bed, and sat on the side.

Only then did the hands come up, pulling back the hood of the robe, to reveal Z himself! Kylie laughed right out loud, and in 3 steps was in his lap, giving him a huge hug. The smile on his face, too, revealed a playfulness and charm that spoke volumes about how he was feeling.

"What in the world are you doing here? You KNOW Dee is on her way to your wing, right?" Kylie said aloud, pointing toward the hallway and down toward the west wing.

"Shhhhh," whispered Z, putting a finger to his own lip and one to Kylie's, too. "I'm REALLY not supposed to be over here. That's why the get-up. I'm incognito unless you give me away!"

Ky's face softened and that "look" came into her eyes, and she whispered, "I don't want to ever give you away." And she re-hugged him.

But then she remembered he was not her's tonight, and she stood, pulling him up and heading him toward the door. "Tonight belongs to Denise," she said, to which Zorro whispered excitedly, "I know, and I can't wait to surprise her with something amazing. Just wait 'til she comes back and tells you!"

Kylie's look disappeared, the little touch of envy squeezed her heart again, and of course, because he can read minds a little, he knew. He drew her towards him and just held her, whispering, "Don't worry. All is well. Tomorrow is our day, your's and mine. After I go, open up the basket I've left."

He took her face in his hands and kissed her lips into a smile again! It was good kiss, lingering and sweet and loving, and it was his one kiss of the day!

And with that, he pulled the hood over his face, checked the hallway both ways, and was gone towards his own wing, like a thief in the night, like a ghost vanishing into thin air, like the invisible man, like a .............well, you get it!

~~ To be continued ~~
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 am

loo_loo3

LOVE IT Silver!!! Great story today! And I love how Denise gets to have a chance at making music her life!!Smile But what's next for Kylie!! Can hardly wait... And thanks S&T-you are too sweet!! It was fun writing about 'bupkis', kind of like the old Seinfeld episodes!haha gotta have at LEAST one dream sequence for the twins!!Wink xo, Chipalooo

Penny kept looking at the note her twin had slipped her before running down the stairs and away from the cameras. She knew they were on the same page but her curiosity was getting the better of her. She realized she had a date to prepare for but what she actually wanted to do was to call her mom. So many questions and not even Jen could help her out there since she had the same ones. This adventure was becoming so complicated and she was grateful there was much confusion going on around the castle-the fewer inquiries into her personal world the better as far as she was concerned. She had very little time to even think about her feelings for Z. She could hear bits and pieces from Denise's date in her imagination. She tried not to think about it but the speculation was her biggest weakness-next to Z., that is. "I guess I'm just trying to NOT fall in love ," she told herself. If you don't give away your WHOLE heart, you can prevent some pieces from breaking completely. At least that is what she always told herself since suffering the worst heartbreak of her life four years ago. Thank God her twin had been there for her. Jen was always there for her, and Penny would never be able to thank her enough for the comfort and love she showered on her at that time. Penny was so blessed.For Jeneva Linnea Campbell would always hold one half of her heart-they were twins after all, and Penny would always own half of Jen's. No matter what...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am

loo_loo3

The castle walls began closing in on Jasmine. So much so that she made herself go for a walk. She always wondered how the bachelorettes in years past could handle the emotional roller coaster that progressively cinched tighter the bindings around their hearts. Each week the feelings grew more intense and friendships inside the walls began to crumble; each woman putting her soul on the line never knowing if it would pay off to lay it out and open it up to being picked apart and discarded. She had no problem opening up her feelings to another. Her love for others was her gift-her talent. That is why she loved her kids from that special school. She learned early on that the more love you gave the more you got in return. The heart is a funny thing-you can stretch it and stretch it and it will only hold more. The only part of love that she struggled with was letting it go. Her kids grew up and moved on. That part was difficult. She kept in touch and received letters and pictures from former students. But her heart did not stop aching just because they didn't need her the in same way anymore. She had cried many tears of happiness at their smallest bit of progress. And she cried many tears when they left her. But she always knew there would be one more child tomorrow that needed her and that gave her great comfort. Jasmine was so lost in these thoughts that she didn't even realize that she was already at Golden Park. She smiled at the playfulness that surrounded her and then laughed that she had not even noticed it at first. She had been to this park a number of times over the years since she lived in the San Diego area for most of her life. Visiting family in northern California usually involved a drive to San Fransisco, and she had so many great memories of this particular park. People running, children swinging, dogs and owners walking or playing frisbee-it all was confirmation for her that life was precious and 'alive and well' in America. Jasmine found her favorite concession kiosk and ordered her usual raspberry white chocolate smoothie. As she relaxed against the bandstand, watching the crowd, she saw the most adorable puppy . It was tan and black masked and unlike any breed she had ever seen. she just couldn't resist as it chased a tiny whiffle ball in the grass. She picked up the blue ball and tossed it waiting for the bitty bundle to retrieve it. "Jasmine, get the ball! Get it Jasmine," a male voice behind her coaxed gently. "Um-uh-sorry-what did you just ask me," Jasmine stammered in response. "Oh-not you-my dog-Jasmine. I told her to get the ball," the handsome young man explained. "Oh-haha-I wondered because, well, my name is Jasmine," Jas laughed in relief. "I wondered how you knew my name was Jasmine!" "Oh-I am sorry-haha. My name is James-James Cantrell." As he reached out his hand to shake hers, Jasmine could not decide which one was cuter-the tall handsome man or his adorable puppy...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

loo_loo3

I loved the Hawaiian luau and the 'entertainment' Silver! I felt as if I were there! xo, Chipalooo

SilverLin2

Thanks, Chip...compliments right back at ya'! What a fun thing to be doing, writing this story, yes?!

Have a blessed day tomorrow.

zzzzzzzzz  (I wish there was a sleepy emoticon)
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 am

loo_loo3

The date box had arrived for Jasmine and Penny. Both girls were alone when it came and they could not have been more pleased to see their names on the card. "To Jasmine and Pen, I will see you when the clock strikes at ten, so be ready by then Smile Yours truly, Z"... It was still a mystery to the bachettes as to why they rarely saw the date boxes for the other women, and one that Jen and Jaz were dying to figure out. Enclosed in the pretty parcel were two outfits-an outdoorsy one for Jasmine and definitely for daytime, and a nighttime one for Jen. Jas was a little surprised that her date time attire was obviously the more toned down type, but she had to honestly admit that she was neither hurt nor disappointed. She had seen the sparks fly between Jen and Z. more often these days and that is exactly what she wanted to experience with her love. she suspected that she may be going home soon, but she was also looking forward to having coffee later that week with James and little Jasmine. If she was so happy to meet up with him, then what in the world was she doing going on a date with Z.?... "I don't know what this means Jas, but please don't be angry with me for taking Z. away for the evening, ok hon," Penny asked pleadingly. "No worries Penny. I felt this day coming and I have been preparing myself anyway. You know I love you like a sister and so I couldn't be happier for you! And besides, remember that cute little chihuahua/pug puppy I met in the park? Well at the end of her leash was a most handsome owner with the greenest eyes I have ever seen. And he seemed to be so patient with her. Not to mention the fact that her name WAS Jasmine after all. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that Fate might just be knocking on the door-the back door maybe, but a door never the less," Jas assured Jen with that distant dreamy look. You know the one-the one that meant the heart was leaps and bounds ahead of the mind in recognizing a soul mate in the making...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 am

SilverLin2

Kylie took the red and white checked napkin away from the picnic basket, and found another like it inside, along with a postcard from Fisherman's Wharf, a bookmark with a print of Monet's "Nymphaes" (Water Lilies) on it, and a small sample bottle of wine with a gift tag note attached. In the bottom of the basket, rolled up tightly, was a New England Patriots Super Bowl fleece throw. Kylie smiled, not remembering that she ever mentioned to Zorro they were her favorite team (though we all know that, of course!), which led her to think he must have done some homework about her, which in turn would indicate serious interest, right!?

Kylie looked at the gift card on the wine bottle. It said, "On Friday morning at 10, meet me at the main entrance of the castle, with basket in hand. Dress casually for outdoors. We belong to each other until sundown. Yours, Zorro."

Kylie could put some of the pieces of the puzzle together, but not all. Perhaps Fisherman's Wharf? An art museum perhaps? A picnic basket but only a bottle of wine in it? And a small one at that! Maybe a Patriots' game? But at least outdoors ~~ oh, yay! We're going to get away from the confines of the castle again, and I have him for the whole day! I am one lucky girl to have had this time with him; out of the thousands who apply for this, I was lucky enough to be chosen for this man in particular! And she could feel the blush come to her cheeks, just to think about him.

Believing that surely there might be a larger bottle of wine coming with Z tomorrow, perhaps, Kylie thought it would be ok to open the mini-bottle. She ran downstairs to the kitchen, found a corkscrew and grabbed some cold spaghetti from the refrigerator, and ran back upstairs. With bottle opened, and fork in hand, she dug into her supper, took a sip of ~~ oh my ~~ some excellent red wine there, and began looking through her things to decide what she would need for tomorrow.

A few hours later, when Kylie was full and happy, and a little warm from the flush of the wine, Denise came back to the room they shared, filled with excitement and bubbling over with ideas that she needed to think about and that she wanted to bounce off Kylie. Dee told her all about her great date with Zorro, about meeting Johnny Brandeis, aka John Bro, and about his offer.

They both got serious when Denise told Kylie what she said to Z back in Topanga, that she was surprised to find herself falling hard for him, and Dee said, "I want to take this opportunity, Ky!! It's the chance of a lifetime, and what better time in my life to do something like this ... I'm unattached, I have no kids yet, my job is mobile, and I CAN BE MAKING MUSIC AND DANCING!!! But then there's Z ... there he is, maybe my dream man, maybe the man I'm supposed to be with."

They talked into the wee small hours, weighing the pros and cons, with Denise still not knowing for sure what she ought to do, having partially committed her feelings to Zorro and sensing a legitimate obligation to finish out the show to whatever end destiny might have in store for her. Her notebook was getting very full, and Kylie finally ended the conversation, saying, "Dee, stop thinking with your head, put your notes aside, and listen to your heart. My mom always says when life-changing decisions like this come up, we should sleep on it, let our heart absorb both sides, and see what our spirit tells us when the earth brings a new day. Go wash your face, climb into bed, and let me read to you a little bit. I've started a new book. It'll take your mind off things for a while."

Dee sat up a little straighter, just looked at Ky thoughtfully for a second, and hopped off the bed. Putting away her notebook, she headed to the bathroom and shot back over her shoulder, "So what are you reading?"

"A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway." She got up and joined Dee in the bathroom, and both girls brushed their teeth while Kylie told Dee, in a mumbly toothbrush-filled voice, about Ernest and his romance of his wife Hadley and their first apartment in Paris. The girls curled up in bed, with only one nightstand light on, and Kylie began, "Chapter 1 ~~ A Good Cafe on the Place St.-Michel."
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am

SilverLin2

On Friday, Denise and several of the ladies from the South Wing met out by the outdoor pool, and Denise told them she'd been to the West Wing the night before for her date. They all wanted to see it, so they tiptoed down one of the long hallways, but someone was coming so they ducked into a side room.

While there, waiting & listening at the door to make sure whoever had come by was gone, Denise saw a heavy book on a podium lit by a spotlight from above. She went over and began to read it.

It was word for word a deleted post, in legal mumbo-jumbo about England and barons and widows and estrovarium and such. She tried to read it, and found it very lengthy and wordy. But this was a castle, after all, and it was lit by a spotlight so it must be something really special to someone!

The other girls were ready to go, and kept trying to get Denise to go, too, but she kept saying, "No, wait a minute. I want to see this." The others got tired and started to pull her away, and she whined, "But I want to see this. It's just that it's so long and wordy and the grammar is too confusing for me."

Finally, one of the girls said, "Well...no one said you had to stay here and read the whole thing. There are lots more simple things to read in this place!! Silly monkey...now come on!"

And they left the west wing, and went to tan by the pool.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 pm

loo_loo3

The twins were surprised that Jen was to be included in part of the date for the day, and as the limo pulled up became more baffled that it was dropping Z. off at their front door. Jasmine was last to arrive in the living room as the doorbell rang. Penny again cracking up at the sound, and Pen couldn't help but be a bit envious of Jas's trim shape in her size 2 white jeans. Adding pizzazz to the jeans was a very nautical blue and white striped knit sweater with tiny gold star buttons that captured the light throwing out glints as Jasmine passed through the sun's rays. "Ladies-are you ready for our adventure," Z. asked with a smile radiating across the room "Follow me, and I will explain the logistics of this date and exactly why Jen is here as well." The trio of bachettes followed Z. and they found themselves taking the outdoor elevator straight to the top-the top of the castle, that is. Z. held the door as the three lovelies exited the elevator and climbed aboard the helicopter waiting for them on the helipad. All three smiled broadly as they realized that they would all be getting the proverbial seasonal heli ride that ABC seemingly HAD to offer with each new show...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 pm

loo_loo3

The pilot began explaining the sights below and Jas could not contain her glee as this date progressed. She had never experienced a ride in a helicopter before which was precisely why Z. chose this method of transport to their actual destination. she beamed and pointed and hugged Z. at each new sight below: the trolleys, and shops teeming with tourists held her full attention. But the best part for her was the fact that they saw everything up close and personal-the birds, the clouds, and the cerulean blue sky enveloping them as they sped, then hovered, and then sped on to the next view. Penny was thrilled that Jen was with her on this morning's sky ride. Both girls loved flying and had toyed with the idea of getting a pilot's license on more than one occasion. The freedom and beauty it afforded had them both hooked long before they could drive. They were very much at home up here and their calm smiles showed as much. The pilot announced the sight of Golden Gate Park below, and then prepared to land after a slow circle over the park. Jen instantly recognized their destination, and smiled as Penny had also. It was the Conservatory of Flowers, one of the most lush and lavish gardens representing the rainforest flora in the world. It was a place that the twins had wanted to experience for some time but had never managed to make it there. This was to be their treat for being separated more nights than they had been before, and something to keep Penny occupied as Z. had his day date with Jas. And so the twins deboarded the heli, not realizing that this trip held more significance than they realized...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm

loo_loo3

The ride to manmade Stow Lake was very brief and breathtaking. Jas was delighted to see the greenery and water so close to their landing pad. Z. offered a hand as she climbed down, her legs shaking a bit after the ride to the lake. "Z. I want to thank you for the best date I have ever had. I know it is not over yet, but this has been an experience of a lifetime for me," Jas confessed as she laid a gentle kiss upon Z.'s tanned cheek. "I was happy to plan this one Jas-you deserve only the best and we have more than a few surprises to discover today, believe me," Z. assured the petite dark haired lovely. With Jas in tow, Z. led her to the closest boat rental stand, and they looked out to the water to choose their pedal boat. "Red," Jas stated simply as the couple looked over the colors to choose from. "Perfect," Z. agreed, as he noted how beautiful Jas would look in red... Z. knew full well the romantic reputation this lake had and did not want to make things more difficult for Jasmine as they continued on this date. He could not help but think of Penny at this moment but knew he must put her out of his mind until it was her time. The couple floated for a while under the intense sun light and then began to pedal their boat moving slowly as they began to talk about their lives in the same unhurried manner as their peddling. Z. found out that not only did Jas love children but she also had a passion for puppies-puppies of any kind. She also loved water sports and kayaking in particular. She came from a family of four-her older brother Thomas was always trying to find her a date, but she was usually too busy to get serious about that. Which is why she came to the Bachelorette Show. "Why not," she laughed. "Nothing else had worked and so I did it on a whim," she told him. She felt she could tell Z. anything and that WAS a first for her. Z. then confided to her something that he had not told the others. "I was engaged once." Jasmine looked over at him, shell shocked. "Really-what happened Z," she felt compelled to inquire. "Well-that's a long story, but let's just say that after four years together, she suddenly decided that I was not the "ONE'. She also said that she loved me but was not "in love" with me." Jasmine just hugged Z. and relayed a puzzled response with a shrug. "I know right-like we haven't all heard that one before," haha. The couple then just sat in silence as they pedaled to the shoreline and Z. magically pulled out a blanket and picnic basket. The two shared their homemade lunch and ribbed each other in that easy brother sister fashion that Jas really had come to miss since she had come to San Fransisco. If she was not sure before, she was certain now that she would soon be leaving this beautiful town that she had adopted as home. A sense of sadness came over her, and that did not go unnoticed by her gentlemanly companion.

"Don't worry Jas-there is more to this adventure than you would ever guess, and I am so happy to be able to share it with you," Z. told her hugging her to his side and they headed toward the waterfall on the lake... As the boat neared the waterfall Jasmine heard the yipping of a small dog and eagerly looked to find the owner of that cute 'voice'. To her surprise she saw the little puppy-that belonged to James Cantrell and she ran to rescue Jasmine before the pup could reach the edge of the waterfall. "I know you, you little cupcake," Jas laughed. And standing there was James himself, shielding his eyes from the glare of the late afternoon sun, smiling and looking more handsome than she had remembered. But-what is going on she wondered. This was too coincidental she thought to herself. As she turned to Z., he was already saying his good by and turning to take the boat back to the dock. "Don't worry Jas-I've left you in good hands!" And Jasmine turned back to take James's hand, and held on to puppy Jasmine as if it was the most natural gesture in the world...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top