STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 7 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 pm

SmartandTruthful

Zorro and Grace found they had no trouble talking and their hour and a half alone time flew by quickly.  At five minutes to 7:00, Zorro and Grace left the bar.  Grace would gather her things and be taken back to the Castle by limo.  Z had to meet Veronica at 7:00 at the Oak Room.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 7 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 pm

SmartandTruthful

Zorro was standing in the foyer of the restaurant when Veronica made her grand entrance.  Veronica was wearing a green velvet dress with gold-fringed trim.  (To someone who had seen the movie, it appeared to be a slimmed down designer version of Scarlet O’Hara’s dress made from curtains!)  She walked into the Oak Room as if she owned the place.  In fact, she walked right past Zorro!  He chuckled and ran after her, tapping her on the shoulder.  “Frankly, my dear, I think my mask is working too well!”  “Oh, Zorro!” said Veronica, all flirty.  “Have you been hiding on me?” 

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 pm

SmartandTruthful

Zorro’s dinner with Veronica ended up being quite delightful.  He loved it when she ordered “Es car got” and then got a good chuckle over she squealing when her snails arrived.  “We don’t eat snails in Vermont!” she explained to Zorro.  Veronica’s veneer as the “sophisticated one” was slipping!  While they talked, Zorro noticed that Veronica seemed to agree with him on anything thing he said.  So, he decided to see just how far that would go.

“In a few years, I’m going to sell all of my worldly goods and become a missionary in the Amazon jungles.  I understand I’ll need to have about 45 shots to ward off exotic diseases and the bugs are as big as small birds, but I think it will be worth it.  I’m looking for a woman who would be right by my side wrestling off the crocodiles.”  Veronica’s face turned white.  She looked at Zorro carefully and caught a twinkle in his eye.  She took a drink of water, looked down for a moment, and when she raised her head, tears had formed in her eyes.  Zorro was immediately sorry.  He had pushed things too far.

“Veronica, I’m so sorry.  I was just kidding about that missionary stuff.”  Veronica looked up with a satisfied smile on her face.  “And I was just acting!”  They both began to laugh, but Zorro was relieved.  He really didn’t want to hurt anyone or be mean-spirited in any way.  Veronica regrouped, “I was very impressed by Grace’s dancing and Theresa’s lovely voice.”  Zorro responded truthfully, “You gave them a run for their money with your piano!  Wherever did you learn to play like that?”  “Well, after12 years of piano lessons, I’d better be able to play!”  After that, their conversation stayed on lighter topics and they each shared some funny stories from their growing up years.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

SmartandTruthful

At 8:30, Zorro returned to his Penthouse suite.  He had a half an hour before he was to meet Theresa for the Fencing lesson.  Z again opted to lie down on the bed.  He pulled off his mask and closed his eyes.  It had been an interesting, but exhausting day.  Yet, he had a feeling that the best was yet to come.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

SmartandTruthful

Theresa was dressed in an immaculate white jacket and pants and holding her mask and foil in her gloved right hand when Zorro arrived at the rooftop gym, also dressed for the sport.  “Theresa!”  Zorro said, “You look terrific in that gear!  Before we start, do you want to talk a bit?”  “Sure,” said Theresa.  They moved to a folded gym mat that created a bench about three feet off the floor.  Once they were seated on the mat, facing each other with their legs bent and crossed at the knees, Zorro leaned forward and gave Theresa a soft kiss on the mouth.

“Congratulations on winning that Beauty Pageant!  You rocked it in every segment!”  “Thanks,” Theresa smiled, a charming blush reaching her cheeks.  “We all did well.  It was a little out there for me to be in a Beauty Pageant, but Veronica really pushed the idea and Grace and I decided to go along.  It was a bit of a lark, something that all girls dream of doing some time.  This was my chance.  I never expected to win!”

“Well, you deserved it, Miss Beautiful Bachelorette!”  “Oh, boy, it’s going to take a while to live that down, isn’t it?”  “I’m afraid so,” Z agreed.  “But, one thing I’m wondering is why, out of all the prizes, you chose the Fencing lesson?”  “Well . . . actually, I have to confess.  I don’t really need a lesson!  I’ve been fencing since Junior High School.  In fact, I was almost a member of the U.S. Olympic team, but I got a bad case of pneumonia and had to drop out of the running.”  Well, what followed was a thrilling match of Fencing with deft back and forth footwork, foils whipping though the air, lunges and parries and touches (pronounced too shays) and a building respect between the two worthy opponents.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:30 pm

SmartandTruthful

When their Fencing match was over, Z and Theresa enjoyed a snack of cheese, crackers, and fruit, accompanied by a nice white Riesling.  Their refreshments had been set out for them in an alcove of Z's Penthouse suite with a rooftop view that overlooked the city of San Francisco.  While they nibbled on their treats, Zorro and Theresa talked eagerly, learning that they had so much in common, similar life goals, and similar beliefs and values.  They rode back to the Castle, snuggling and enjoying light, exploratory kisses in the comfortable rear seat of the limousine.  The couple arrived home just before Midnight.  They exchanged one long, lingering kiss, said goodnight, and drifted off to their rooms, both satisfied by a wonderful day.

OK, Chip it’s all yours!  I’ll bet you thought this date would never end!  Ha!  S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 pm

SmartandTruthful

For three consecutive days in a row, Maggie and Margie wore similar tops over their jeans, without consulting each other.  The first day, they wore red, the next day blue, and the third day each sported a multi-colored striped top.  “This is getting freaky,” said Madison, making a note about another thing she could throw into that Samantha Who twin plot.  Maggie and Margie continued to learn other things they had in common.  They both had sung in school choruses and church choirs.  Their favorite color was blue and they each had a best friend named Jessica.  They whistled when they were afraid, which wasn’t often.  They both wore brown Maybelline mascara and purple eye shadow to set off their lovely, green eyes.  They both loved Mexican food and Italian food, but weren’t big on Chinese cuisine.  Neither of them ate sushi!  The list went on and on.  On Sunday afternoon, Margie whispered something into Maggie’s ear.  “Are you sure?”  Maggie asked.  “Positive!” Margie responded.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 pm

loo_loo3

Aubrey had thought she had set her alarm, but alas, she awoke to the sound of the shower running and the scurrying about of the other bachettes slated for this date. "Holy sweet tomato! I thought I could get a jump on things this morning but I see I am far behind schedule! Sheesh-I will have to take the fastest shower in bachelor history and pray I can catch up to Dee and Becca!" As Aubrey looked about fruitlessly for her favorite heathered jacket, she threw on her eye shadow with one hand and blush with the other. She opted for false eyelashes for today so her eyes would not become washed out in the bright daylight or bright flood lights. She had to grab her bag quickly as she smoothed her wavy hair in order to pull on her golden head band. A bit of lip gloss to shine up her plumped lips, a shrug of her strong shoulders uplifted her two favorite assets-oops!-and that reassuring smile in the mirror that always gave her a confident boost! This bachelor will be mine she told herself as she eased up behind the other girls. Catching her foot in the door of the limo, however, should have been her third clue that day that things would not run as smoothly as she hoped...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 pm

loo_loo3

Becca could not help but wince as Aubrey heaved her heavily perfumed body over the two bachettes, her high heeled shoe stabbing Becca's own booted foot in the process. (Just think how bad it would have been if I had worn tennies, Becca thought to herself.) Never one to criticize easily, she kept a lid on her discomfort and gave Aubrey the needed push propelling her to the other side of the limo. "Wow, Aubrey - you sure do weigh more than you appear to - what have you been eating-more baked goods? - geeze," Dee offered up without mincing words. She was not uncomfortable at all in giving constructive 'advice' as she called it. After all, she dealt with people of all types and temperaments in her line of work in Vegas. Not EVERYTHING that happens in Vegas stays there - as Denise could very well explain in no uncertain terms.

Luckily for the girls Z. was meeting them at their destination and the three were dizzy at the prospect of spending some semi-alone time with the object of everyone's persistent pursuit. The limo lurched to a stop as the trams began intersecting the road and the girls hurried out to meet Z. Little did they know he was already on one of the trams, now waving them aboard with that blinding smile. Always the gentleman, he helped them up and the girls then realized that they had their very own tram/trolley. The tram started up and the girls welcomed the glass of champagne that Z. so very deftly poured out for each. With a toast to their latest adventure all four smiled in anticipation of new beginnings...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 pm

loo_loo3

Z. pulled Becca aside and began to ask her about her career. As Becca looked into his deep blue eyes she felt herself shake a bit under his scrutiny and she shyly looked away. Z. took her hand and whispered, "Don't be shy Becca-I am here to find love and I want to make the most of our time together. Please - you can trust that I won't bite - not yet, anyway," he laughed as he squeezed her hand.  Z. then found out that Becca had always had a head for numbers and teaching seemed to be the best way for her to share that gift with the next generation. She had a knack for putting lessons in a way that made sense to her students and they rewarded her on a daily basis with pride in their work.  Z. was touched that Becca loved to work with children and knew she would make a terrific mother one day.

At this point, just when Becca was feeling comfortable, Aubrey interjected herself into their private conversation. "Did you all see what our trolley says on the side?" Dee read out in a bored tone, "Rice-a-Roni-the San Fransisco treat." "Yep - we will be going to the factory and there will be a surprise waiting for all of us!" Becca gave Denise an alarmed look and both hoped she would clue THEM in on it. The trolley took a short cut around the park and stopped at the corner closest to the factory. The four left the tram and made their way into the building, Z. once again, helping the girls along...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

loo_loo3

The foursome walked in and were greeted by the floor manager. "Good afternoon! Welcome to the home of RiceAroni! I will give you a short tour and then we will get to work. "Work?" asked Denise with a quick glance at Becca, "Nobody said anything about working! What?" she again questioned looking directly at Aubrey. Aubrey smiled and said that they would all know soon enough.

As the group was led to a showroom, they learned the story of RiceARon - how it began in San Francisco with an Italian immigrant named DeDomenica who started a pasta plant. His son found a recipe from the (a neighbor's) wife of an Albanian Canadian immigrant named Charlie Captanian. It was a recipe for rice pilaf served in their home, and after some minor changes, it became RiceARoni. The company began selling it in 1958, and then teamed up with the cable car phenomenon and the catchy phrase was born. The cable cars began promoting the product carrying its logo proudly on the sides of the trams.

Becca and Denise could not help but feel the trepidation beginning: what was up? The four were led to a very modern kitchen and they were told they would be participating in a cook off. Now it was Z.'s turn to be surprised. Aubrey just beamed as if she had won the lottery - or the final rose. She was no cook per se, but she was VERY familiar with RiceARoni. Coming from a family of six, and not having enough money to dine expensively, RiceARoni was part of Aubrey's childhood - comfort food if you will.

"Here is your chance to win dinner with your bachelor," the 'emcee' explained to the four. We have many ingredients from which to choose, including boxes of RiceARoni in many flavors. You must make changes to the RiceARoni and may serve it as a side dish or as part of a meal. You have one hour to complete your recipe and I will choose the winner. Any questions? No? Good! You may begin...NOW!"
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

loo_loo3

Three stations were set up, and all types of produce, meats, and of course the main product were all within arm's reach. Becca and Denise opted to partner up on one stove, and Aubrey proudly had one all to herself.  And since this was a test kitchen, the manager 'kindly' provided hair nets for all - even the bachelor had to wear one. This gave the camera and crew members plenty of fodder for their jokes. That and the prospect of free food kept them interested.

Luckily for Denise, working in Las Vegas resorts gave her plenty of opportunities to study - and sample - four star menus. She decided to make one of her personal favs - Risotto with Spring Vegetables. She got busy carrying over the rice pilaf flavor Roni, zucchini, asparagus, basil, garlic, peas, onion, chicken broth, butter, dry white wine, olive oil and parmesan cheese.  And so, the chopping, dicing, sautéing, pouring and steaming had begun . . .

Becca was confident as she planned a new twist on Chicken Tetrazzini: chicken breasts, parmesan cheese, thyme leaves, hmmm - oh here she thought - chicken broth, mushrooms and of course olive oil, butter and flour, ah - and peas, garlic, and Parmesan RiceARoni of course! She bent her head over the cutting board, a sweet smile on her face. "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach," she tried to remind herself . . .

Aubrey started out with a plan - that is until Murphy's Law inconveniently reared his ugly head -  yet AGAIN! She had enough RiceARoni in her childhood to sink a battle ship, but do you suppose she could remember any of the ways they had prepared it so long ago? Um, no! Chicken pot pie - no thank you. Chicken soup - too long to cut veggies - no. Something substantial and yet easy - could it be too much to ask - HMMMM? She noted that the other girls were far ahead of her and she was running out of time. She finally began to think that this was her worst idea ever - what was she thinking?? Z. was making notes in his head as he watched the girls under pressure. So far Aubrey had a lot of checks after name in the negative column . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 pm

SilverLin2

CHIP.. what a GREAT date idea!!! Go Denise (I have to pull for my girl, you know!!)  :-)   Silver
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 pm

loo_loo3

At long last, Aubrey decided to make a quiche of sorts - one that was more like Shepherd's Pie without the potatoes: eggs, scallions, cheese, cracked pepper, salt and phyllo dough. It couldn't be that hard to work with phyllo dough, right? She had heard Penny talk about how careful one had to be when unwrapping each layer, etc. Yada, yada, yada - she had thought at the time. . .

As Aubrey began to whip the eggs and add the ingredients she suddenly remembered the RiceARoni - OMG!! Could she be any more lame she asked herself?? HMMM - what to do? She chose the Spanish Rice flavor and decided to go that route. She carefully laid out the phyllo dough and began buttering each layer but could not help but tear every one. Z. and Becca tried to suppress their giggles but soon everyone in the room, including Aubrey, was laughing hysterically. Aubrey said she felt like 'Lucy' and asked Denise if she would play her 'Ethel!!" But Z. had to give to Aubrey - she could have just given up but instead she kept going till the buzzer went off . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 pm

loo_loo3

That was the longest cook-off ever - bachelor history or otherwise, as far as Aubrey was concerned. Both Becca and Denise, however, thought it was the most fun they had ever had with Aubrey so far! Z. was still chuckling, and forget about the camera crew!  They sampled everything except the undercooked eggs - they weren't that hungry. The floor manager handed the blue ribbon to Denise of course, with Becca getting second place. But both Becca and Denise felt as if they had won. Aubrey got put in her 'place' without either one of them lifting a finger – (karma you rock!! SmileThat was the general consensus, at least...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

loo_loo3

The limo was waiting as the foursome sank down into the luxurious leather seats. Aubrey looked green with envy as Denise animatedly talked to Z. She felt lightheaded from victory, and did not want this moment to end. Aubrey just rested her head against the seat and waited till they reached their second destination: Ghirardelli Square. No trip to San Francisco is complete without a stop at the most famous American 'House of Chocolate.' Becca was excited for this venture. She was born in Switzerland and nobody appreciated - or understood chocolate - better than the Swiss. Even Z. was happy to see that his favorite vice was about to be catered to.

And so, the group exited the limo and entered the famous building just off of Bay St. and Polk. There was much activity going on and the group learned this was the second - and last - day of the 14th Annual Chocolate Festival: Aubrey had indeed done her homework. The over powering aroma of the cocoa bean was everywhere; it could not be escaped. Z. already felt imprisoned by its heady influence and was ready to sample anything within reach. The group was led into an arena featuring the vast number of tasty treats the Italian Ghirardelli family offered:  they had expanded their basic plain chocolate and cocoa powder available when the business was proudly begun 1852. The over 150 years of chocolate production and sales had launched this small company into an international corporation . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

SmartandTruthful

Bravo, Chip!  I finally caught up!  I love what those girls did with RiceARoni!  Keep it coming.  I can't wait to see what happens at Ghirardelli Square - a place I love myself!  Lubs, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:43 pm

loo_loo3

Becca pulled Denise aside and whispered that 'she was all over this one' - she knew what was coming and Dee was with her all the way. Aubrey felt her confidence return again and was laughing with Z. as they shared a chocolate cherry treat. Z. thought that Aubrey looked breathtaking when she smiled and he appreciated her musical voice that had mysteriously returned with her confidence. After another short tour of the factory, the group was led into a conference room where they were given aprons - and more hair nets.

By this time they knew the drill and Aubrey's smirk confirmed their suspicions. Z. could not help but smirk as well as he felt certain he knew what the outcome would be. And so the inevitable 'Bake-off' was announced with participants given one hour to use any Ghirardelli chocolate products but there was a twist: they had to incorporate their newest product - the Ghirardelli caramel filled chocolate bar - into their chocolate masterpiece. The winner would be selected by a chosen few attendees of the Festival and would win dessert with Z. that evening. With tha,t the participants were assigned to their station and the time began at that moment - they had 45 minutes in which to complete their baked treat.

Becca trotted over to the ingredients table and got the chocolate bars. walnuts, flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, white chocolate chips and Ghirardelli cocoa powder. She pre heated the oven and began to put it all together-her grandmother's famous brownies with her own touch indelibly imprinted... Denise loved S'mores and made her own treat simply: graham crackers, marshmallows, and the chocolate bars. Even if she did not win she would love sampling her entry... "Okay," thought Aubrey, "I can do this!" She brought out vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, the chocolate bar, coffee beans, and pecans to her station. While the Magic Bullet ground the coffee beans and then the pecans, she chopped the chocolate bar and then brewed the coffee. She dropped ice into the into the Bullet and then she was ready to blend the ingredients that would be her salvation today. She realized she was being melodramatic, but what else was new she thought...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 pm

SilverLin2

RICE - A -RONI!!  Awesome, Chip. My family should have bought stock in it. I can't tell you HOW MANY boxes my folks (and I) have bought in my life. Actually, I just made Rice-a-Roni a week ago. Rice-pilaf flavor in fact!!

Hate to admit it, but we also had lots of Spam growing up. I almost thought Aubrey was going to make a Spam dish. :-) :-)  Silver
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 pm

loo_loo3

The Ghirardelli Chocolate company was thrilled to present their first Celebrity Bake Off at their Festival. The Bachelor was introduced as well as the bachettes and then the winner was announced. All three women held hands and Aubrey also held her breath for what seemed to be minutes. "It is with great pride that the Ghirardelli Company can announce this year's winner of the first ever Celebrity Bake Off: Ms. Becca with her 'Grandmother's Turtle Brownies ala Ghirardelli' recipe!" Becca almost burst into tears since it had been some time since she had won anything, and she knew her grandmother would be proud of her accomplishment. Aubrey felt the stinging in her eyes and knew she was facing old demons. She had not felt this bad an a while. No matter what she did it turned out wrong-what was missing? What could she do to turn things around in this very frustrating game of love? "Now truth be told, we almost declared a tie but on technical merit we had to award the prize to a baked item. Since the Iced Whipped Mocha Dream recipe entered by Ms. Aubrey was not a baked item we had to disqualify it. But we decided to award it 'Honorable Mention as it truly was a delightful beverage. Let's hear it for the three entrants everyone!!" The three bachelorettes took their bows and sampled some of the other chocolate sweets that overran the displays showing off some of the other vendors at the festival. Z. congratulated Becca and Aubrey, and offered some yums and mmms as he tasted the entries made by his girls."Oops," he mumbled, "better watch that-can't get too invested in all of them or I won't be able to send any home." All Aubrey could hope for was that her Uncle Max had come through-she was sure the next surprise would certainly put her over the top...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm

loo_loo3

That is too funny Silver-I was going to have her use Spam!! But I didn't want to insult Hormel!haha

Next stop on the 'three hour tour' was the Haight Ashbury District. It was a huge part of the 'scene' in San Fransisco since the 1960's. One of THE most famous intersections in America, the meeting of Haight and Ashbury streets literally became the cornerstone of the Hip Movement that began in San Fransisco in the mid 1960's peaking by the late 1960's and 70's. American counterculture found it's home here amid the artisans, traders, and street vendors, musicians, and those idealists seeking peace and love. Since the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock was fast approaching, Aubrey learned that a major concert honoring that historical event was holding last minute auditions nearby, for local musicians to participate. She had some serious guitar skills she wanted to show off and with a little help from her Uncle Max, a local entrepreneur, she was over the moon with excitement of the prospect. Z. was learning more and more about these talented bachelorettes than he ever dreamed. Becca and Denise still weren't too sure about exactly what was transpiring, but that 'nagging feeling' was back and her name was Aubrey! Although the bachelorettes were not supposed to have contact with the family, Uncle Max was allowed to greet Aubrey and explain the the role the four would play in this event. After a huge hug to his favorite niece Aubrey, the distinguished looking gentleman began his directions. "As you know by now, we are looking for local talent to perform in the free concert in Golden Gate Park honoring the biggest outdoor concert in American history 40 years ago. This concert will take place at the end of October and the three of you will have the chance to audition for that concert today right here today. This audition will not be open to the general public but will be open to your fellow musicians you see before you. The crowd began to clap and Becca just shook her head, knowing that Aubrey had some big time 'splainin' to do. Max continued, "After the three of you bachelorettes are finished we will choose the winner by having your fellow 'competitors' judge the winner by rounds of applause. We even have the handy "Applause Meter" right here," as he pointed, "to help us out. Any musical equipment you will need is located here," again pointing, "and here." Denise just chuckled as she knew Aubrey would be disappointed, yet again...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Mackey_34

Thanks S&T for bringing Grace back to the castle.  Great job with my girls S&T and Chipaloo. 

Loving this story, ya'll!!   Lub, Mackey

After her date with Zorro, Grace returned to the castle to get some R&R, take a nap and gather her thought about her feelings for Zorro.  She was tired and needed a rest.

In another part of the castle, away from the others, Mo, BJB, Grace's parents and siblings had gathered to get acquainted and to share their experiences.  It was a sad but joyous day for Mo and BJB.  Joyous in that Grace was alive and doing well, sad that they missed all those years of watching her develop into the beautiful girl she is now-a dancer.  Grace's parents were happy to share those missing years with Mo.  Everyone was comfortable and getting to know one another.  There was no anger, only the need to make sure Grace was going to be okay. 

.......................To be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Mackey_34

It was decided that Grace would meet with her family first.  Awaiting her was her mother, Etta, father Steve, and her siblings.  Chris brought Grace into a cozy room with a fire burning in the huge fireplace; comfortable sofa and chairs surrounded the fire, snacks of fruit, crackers, cheeses and various dips were available along with soft drinks and wine. 

Surprised, Grace hugs her parents and siblings, "Mom, Dad, what are you all doing here?  Is everything okay?  Gramps and Grammy, are they okay?" Grace worriedly asks.  "Oh honey, Gramps and Grammy are fine, everything is fine.  We have some important news for you Grace and Chris and ABC wanted us here to give you the information.  This is good news, honey, shocking, but good news." 

Etta began her story.  " Remember when we told you how we adopted you, Gracie. I was then a nurse before I decided the one thing I longed to do was dance, so your Dad and I opened the dance studio.  I was a nurse as I said, and you, our precious little girl was brought into the ER.  I fell in love with you right away as did your Dad, brothers and sisters.  We first became your foster parents, then when you were 5 years old, we were able to adopt you."  Grace was shaking her head yes, that she remembered and was smiling at the retelling of the story.  "Also, remember when you were about 4 years old, we decided to vacation at a dude ranch and how excited you were to see the horses?"  "Yes, I do remember that I saw one horse and called it 'Honey-Lam'.  I remember I kept saying, 'There's Honey-Lam, my Honey-Lam""  "Yes, darling, we kept saying, Honey-Lam was your horse, and you insisted that she was.  You even said that Bo would taking you riding.  You kept mentioning the name Bo".  "Yes, yes, I remember." 

"Well, Gracie, it seems you were remembering your life  before you came to us.  You, Gracie had a Mom and brother before us and that brother was Bo, and your Mom was .........." "Mo" interrupted Grace.  "Yes, your Mom was Mo". 

"Sweetie", says Steve; I believe we have found your Mo and your brother Bo.  They are here to see you and they are waiting in the other room.  Would you like to meet them?  There is no pressure, it's up to you.  We have met them and they are so happy to know that you are alive and happy.  For years they have lived with the sadness that you were dead."  "Yes, of course, I would love to meet them.  Yes, can they come in here?"

Chris goes to the door and opens it.  There waiting to see Grace are Mo and Bo.  Grace turns to her mother and says, "That's the man who has been watching me, Mom.  He has  been trying to talk to me, but he was nice and friendly.  I thought he wanted to date me, but I wasn't interested." Grace smiles as she looks at Bo. 

"Oh, Zoe, my baby, I mean oh, Gracie, my baby."  Mo rushes into the room and gives Grace a big hug and kiss.  She then looks at Grace.  "Your are alive, I'm your Mother."  she turns to Bo., "and this is your brother."  Bo gathers Grace into his big strong arms and weeps like a baby.  "My Zoe, my little Zoe."  he cries.  Grace hugs Mo and Bo, crying also.  Everybody was crying, even Chris had tears in his eyes. 

Grace's siblings joined in the reunion and they all decided to get away for a few hours so they could get re-acquainted.  Chris and ABC had arranged for a limo to pick them up and take them to a private place in SF where they could spend a few days together.

....................To Be Continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm

SmartandTruthful

Awwwwww, Mackey!  What a story and a happy reunion, too!  Good Job!  Lubs, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 pm

loo_loo3

AWWWWWW Mack! Mo got her wish (and Bo too!)!! Too sweet! xo, chipalooo

The emcee for the show that afternoon announced that the first to audition would be the girls and he asked them to select their guitars. "We will be selecting a few guitarists today to perform one of Jimi Hendrix's most famous songs: 'Purple Haze' at the concert on October 25th. Up to 5000 guitarists from both coasts of the US will playing that song in simulcast, at the same time in other words. This will be part of a televised event and we will be making history!" Uncle Max helped Aubrey up to the makeshift stage and handed her his own Stratocaster guitar. Aubrey made sure it was in tune and then began playing that classic by Jimi Hendrix. As the guitar began to wail, the crowd of musicians clapped in admiration as Aubrey did not look like a rocker by any stretch of the imagination. She did run into a few sour notes but tried to play it off as intentional. Denise just winced when Aubrey hit those earth shattering wahs, and knew she could do better. As she finished up her rendition the crowd still clapped, albeit more tepidly than they had initially.

Denise was up next, and after a brief consult with Becca explained that they would be auditioning together. Aubrey looked on in alarm as she realized that they may end up pulling the rug out from under her-no she thought, that could never happen. Z. congratulated Aubrey as the other girls began to play. Denise chose to play a Les Paul guitar and Becca picked up a microphone-who knew she could sing thought Aubrey glumly. And so the guitar picked up in intensity as Denise delivered note for note the beautiful melody line. Becca's voice rose up out of the crowd and many of the musicians there were shocked as she was heard singing: "Purple haze all in my brain, Lately things just don't seem the same..." By the end of the song the crowd was singing along with Becca and Aubrey sighed resignedly. There would be no need for the Applause Meter-even Aubrey knew that. And Uncle Max looked as if someone had just let the wind out of HIS sails. The emcee declared Denis and Becca winners. He then also disclosed that not only would they get to perform at the concert, but they would be able to go with the bachelor Z, whether they were still in the running for a rose or not.

The foursome was both exhilarated and tired at the same time. They opted to grab a catnap at the hotel close by since the Bachelor show provided a double suite for that very reason. Max could be heard telling Aubrey that she should have used her golden voice to 'seal the deal' as he said so eloquently chided. "Please Uncle Max-you just have to help me-I know we can figure something else out-please..." Aubrey pleaded as the two walked to the limo. "You always told me it was pointless to dream if you did not dream big..." The sound of the limo drowned out the rest of her pleas, and the tired contestants sat back to just enjoy the ride...

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top