STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 5 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:16 am

SmartandTruthful

Veronica had spent Tuesday at the spa.  She had gotten a Brazilian wax, enjoyed a Swedish massage and sauna, treated herself to a French manicure, sipped a cup of English tea with crumpets, and enjoyed an Italian movie at the Castle theatre.  By the time she laid her head on her pillow, she was feeling refreshed and pampered.  Gee, the day had been like a trip to Europe!

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z - Page 5 Empty Re: STORYTIME: THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR Z

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 pm

SmartandTruthful

On Thursday morning, Maggie and Margie met for their tennis match, as planned.  The two Bachelorettes learned they had each played on their High School tennis teams and then spent the next hour and a half enjoying a challenging match in three hard-fought sets, with tennis balls whizzing back and forth across the court.  In the end, Margie claimed the victory.  “Whew!” said Maggie, wiping her brow with a soft towel, “That was fun!  Congratulations, Margie!  You’re really a good player!”  “So, are you, Maggie,” replied Margie, as she neatly packed her tennis gear into a black sports tote with a zipper compartment for the head of her racket, “That third set could have gone either way . . . I just lucked out!”  The two lookalike Bachlorettes had worked up a good appetite with all of the exercise they had just undergone, so they headed for the Castle’s ‘50s style soda fountain, fittingly called “Memory Lane.”  They needed to have a serious talk.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Mackey_34

Penny, Midori and Marilee had decided their date would be centered around one of Zorro’s hobbies and told him to choose and surprise them.  They figured it would be a great way to see if they had something in common with the handsome masked man.  The three Bachelorettes were getting to know one another when a message from Zorro came for them.  "Girls, get dressed in some comfortable clothes, something that you don't mind getting messy, and meet me near the pond in 1 hour. 

They girls were excited, they each chose a pair of old jeans and a long sleeved shirt with jacket and tennis shoes.  As they walked to the pond, the girls seem to be getting along very nicely.  Penny seemed a little distant, but not snobby.  It seemed to Marilee and Midori that she was lacking something.  "Is everything okay, Penny?" asked Marilee.  "Yea, I was just thinking about my sister, Jenn?   Being twins, we're close and I feel that she's not happy about something.  We tend to know what the other is thinking, just a little worried, that's all."  "Well, I’m sure everything is going to be fine, Penny.  Taking Penny's hand, Marilee headed to the lake.

Waiting for them was Zorro and two other men.  "Hi girls, come here, I want you to meet my two friends."  Marilee, Penny and Midori, this is Mike, my childhood friend and Bryce my roommate throughout college and a partner with me in business.  Mike, smiling with his beautiful greenish-blue eyes was tall, 6'3'' with dark brown hair that was wavy,.  He was what the girls would call at "Hunka-hunk of burning love!  Bryce was equally handsome with blonde hair and blue eyes.  He would be in the same category as Mike, a Hunk . . . He wore glasses and was most friendly. 

"I have invited Mike and Bryce to help me today, girls."  Marilee, I want you and Penny to buddy up with Mike and Bryce, and I will take, you Midori", he gives Midori a sensual smile and takes her hand.  "Ladies, we are going to go metal detecting today.  If you've never done this, I can promise when you are finished, you will want to take up this as a hobby.  This is something the three of us have been doing over the years, meeting once a year in an area to explore and hunt for whatever we find.  I can promise each of you that you will find something here today.  It takes times and patience, but the reward will be twofold, you will find something that you searched for yourself and you will be thrilled when you find to whom or what it belongs.  To give you an example, our families used to metal detect around old schools, and each item we would find, we would search for the owner also.  We have returned many school rings, lost diamond rings, necklaces, etc.  You will enjoy returning the object you find to its owner as well as enjoy the hunt. 

So, buddy up and let's get started.  Each guy took their girl and began by showing them how to handle a metal detector.  One thing each person learned was to be careful in digging up the object.  A small shovel and pick was provided to each group and the hunting began. 

Taking Midori with him, Zorro was so impressed with this beautiful girl.  They talked about her art and her internship and her desire to show her work someday in a famous gallery.  Zorro found that Midori did many mediums of art, charcoal and pen was her favorite.  She enjoyed painting the unusual, an old car parked in a wheat field, a hand-pushed plow, a handmade toy left to rust, old houses.  She told Zorro that when she drew these things, she wondered who use to live in that old house?  Who farmed the land?  Was the toy a child's favorite toy? Etc.  "This, Midori, is just what I do too.  I hunt for things and when I find something, I wonder who it belonged to, when they lost it? Did they look for it?  When did they give up?  I love the look they get when they are given that long lost ring, or whatever." 

Needless to say, Midori was smitten with Zorro, she felt he was a "soul" mate, maybe not romantically, but certainly a soul mate in discovery.  She felt very comfortable as did Zorro.

............. To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Mackey_34

Marilee and Mike were having a good time talking about this experience on the Bachelor and her modeling career.  "So, Mike, tell me about your friend, Zorro," asked Marilee.  “He doesn't tell us about his personal life, where he lives, his parents, siblings, etc.  We do know that he has two best friends in you and Bryce.  Tell me about him."  " Marilee, I can't mention anything about him as far as his name, or any personal stuff, but I can tell you that he is a nice guy.  What you see is what you get.  He is one of the most honest people I have ever known.  He's loyal, and if you're his friend, you're his friend for life.  He is very sentimental, and the girl that gets him will have a lover for life.  He will be a good provider, a great husband and a wonderful father.  He does have a goal in life and that is to show the girl he loves his world, experience her world, and enjoy family life.  He loves children, and children love him.” 

"Oh, oh, oh, I think I've found something," cries Marilee.  Marilee drops to her knees and takes out her shovel and starts to dig.  "Now remember what Zorro said, be careful as you dig, take your time and don't be disappointed if all you find is a penny, or a piece of junk.  We have piles of junk, believe me.”  Marilee kept digging until she saw something shiny.  Oh, it's a ring, I think . . .  no, it's a broach.  Oh my goodness, no it's a necklace with a locket.  Oh, Mike, look, a locket!  I wonder if there's anything inside.  The locket was somewhat rusty and they were unable to unlock the latch.  "What we'll do, Marilee is take this over to the table.  I have some cleaning materials and maybe we can get this opened.  Mike calls out, "Hey you all, Marilee has found something, you may want to come over to our table and we will show you how to clean it and then we'll see what we have. 

Everybody rushed to the table and after cleaning, they were able to open the locket.  Inside was a picture of a man and woman.  "This seems be from the 1920's or 30's" said Bryce.  Let's see if what's on back.  "Take a look, Marilee, there's an inscription, what does it say?"  "Oh my,” says Marilee with tears in her eyes, "it says, to Mary, my one and only love, Robert." 

Everyone was eager to get back to their search.  And, Marilee was excited to look for Mary and Robert.  She knew she would not give up until she found them or knew about them.

..............To be continued
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 pm

SmartandTruthful

Mackey & Silver, loving it!  S&T

After the waitress, dressed like a throw back to the days of I Love Lucy  with the name, Rosie, embroidered on the left front pocket of her white blouse, brought their orders of BLTs with coleslaw and chips, cokes, and a plate of pickles to share, Maggie and Margie were ready to exchange notes.  “You know, I feel like we’re in that movie Parent Trap!” exclaimed Margie.  “I know,” said Maggie.  “This is so weird.  OK, let’s start with birthdays.  Mine is October 25th.”  Margie who was chewing on a pickle, almost choked.  “So is mine!  I was born on October 25, 1982.  I’ll be 27 in a few weeks.”  Maggie’s jaw dropped and she felt a chill run down her spine, “Margie, I’ll be 27 on October 25th, too!”  The girls hugged and felt a sisterly bond forming, for regardless of what they would learn in the future, they felt a special connection.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 pm

SmartandTruthful

By the time lunch was over, Maggie and Margie had learned several more important details that they had in common:  1) They were both born in the San Diego area.  Maggie knew she had been born in Linda Vista Hospital.  Margie was not sure what hospital she had been born in.  2)  In addition to being allergic to strawberries and loving pickles, both girls had birthmarks shaped like a small Christmas tree on their elbows – only Maggie’s was on her right elbow, while Margie’s was on her left.  3)  Both girls loved to read, play tennis, and enjoyed trivia games.  In addition, Maggie’s father had told her that he had been married for a short time and it just didn’t work out and Margie’s mother had told her the same thing.  They had each been told that their other parent was busy with a career they loved and had chosen not to play a role in their child’s life.  Both girls had grown up curious about their other parent and why they never got to even meet them.  As, they headed back to the East Wing where the Bachelorettes lived, Maggie and Margie vowed they would get to the bottom of this!

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:25 pm

SmartandTruthful

Back in the bedroom that she shared with Sharon in the East Wing, Maggie lay down on her bed and pondered the discoveries that she had made that day with Margie.  She was glad that Sharon was preoccupied with baking some fresh bread in the kitchen.  Maggie thought about her father and how quiet he had always been whenever she had tried to get information from him about her absent mother.  He’d always get so sad and tell her the same thing, “Maggie, she was beautiful, just like you.  I loved her very much, but we wanted different things.  Maybe one day you’ll meet her, but now just isn’t the time.”  Then he’d go to the fridge and get a beer and her usually sober father would get drunk.

Over the years, Maggie had learned to accept that she had a wonderful father and no mother.  She had found mother figures in other women – first of all, her grandmother who was warm and wise, then, favorite female teachers who had encouraged her development, and finally, and her best friends’ mothers who looked out for Maggie and tended to be there when she needed some womanly advice.  Maggie had had a wonderful childhood and a happy life with the only shadow being her missing mother.  Now lying on her side, she pulled her knees up toward her chest and, in this fetal position, she began to cry softly.  Her instinct told her she had a sister, no, not just a sister, but a twin, and a mother who loved the outdoors more than her.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:26 pm

SmartandTruthful

After a good cry, Maggie’s reason returned.  She began to realize that exactly what she had been feeling about her mother, Margie must be feeling about their father.  Hadn’t he abandoned Margie, just as completely as Maggie’s mother had abandoned her?  It wasn’t the end of the world.  Both girls had been raised with love in a happy home, but their parents sure had some explaining to do and she and Margie were certainly old enough to know the truth!

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 pm

SmartandTruthful

Zorro’s head was beginning to spin.  Being the Bachelor was a blast, but it was also challenging, exhausting, and confusing.  He had never dated 15 girls at one time before.  He definitely had his favorites, but he was doing his best to be fair to all of his Bachelorettes.  Z had truly enjoyed his date with Maggie, Margie, and Madison and it had shown him his true feelings.  Zorro hoped his other dates this week would help him with the process of finding the one girl who was right for him.  He continued to jot down notes in his little black book to keep track of details about each girl and his feelings for her as well.  Z knew that on Monday night, he would have to let three girls go and America’s vote would impact that decision as well.  He already knew one girl that he would be eliminating, but who would the other two be?

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Mackey_34

Each bachelorette was given a questionnaire and asked to mention what she enjoyed doing with her free time.  One of the things Penny has listed was that she loved to cook.  She loved putting together snack foods.  Before the metal detecting date, she was asked to come up with some snacks to eat during their breaks in treasure hunting. 

After Marilee had found the locket; Penny brought out the snacks she had made the night before.  Among her goodies were:

Crispy Delites Red Onion CHIPS

Crispy Carrot CHIPS

CHIPotle Rice Sushi with CHIPotle sauce

CHIPped beef cheese balls

CHIP's special chicken dip served on various home made potato CHIPs

and to top everything off, CHIPped ice margaritas

and Chocolate CHIP cookies ( her special recipe that she is planning to enter in the Betty Crocker bake off next year. )

Word of Yum, Oh So Delicious, Savory!  Penny was in high heaven!!

Once back to their hunting, Penny and Bryce were enjoying a nice chat about this beautiful old castle and how a castle ended up in San Francisco. "I wonder who lived here," said Penny.  "My understanding is that the singer/actress who use to live here felt that only a castle was suitable for her, after all she is a Madonna, and she deserved the best,"  replied Bryce. 

"Bryce, I think I've found something," Penny called out.  "Remember be careful digging, you don't want to break anything." 

After removing her treasure, which was a small box, she and Bryce went back to the work table to clean it and see what she found.  The others were so excited to find out too.  "Oh, my Gosh!!"  Penny opens the box and inside was a tooth, a small tooth!  Attached was a tiny note wrapped in a small piece of plastic; it said "Billy's first tooth", age 6.  9/5/89---- Smiles all around, then Penny said "Aw, look, it has a CHIP!" 

Back to hunting, everybody was excited!!!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Mackey_34

Penny and Bryce were having so much fun.  Bryce found  her to be spirited, absolutely genuine and so lovely.  He knew he had to report back to Zorro his impressions of Penny.  His problem was he was becoming very attracted to her and would be interested in dating her.  He pondered his problem.

.............To be continued

Note:  CHIPaloo, it's up to you to go where you want with Bryce and Penny.  If you have other plans for her, I will find someone for Bryce - just wanted to leave that open to you.  I hope I did justice to your bachelorette.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Mackey_34

The treasure hunt was winding down, and the girls all agreed that this was a new hobby for them.  Penny and Bryce continued with their hunt and found some coins, a toy ring, some pieces of metal, but nothing as interesting as the tooth fairy box.  Likewise Marilee and Mike enjoyed finding coins also, a cross pendant, and useless metal that must have been a piece to a pipe.  Marilee was determined to find the owners of the locket.

Midori and Zorro were having a good time talking.  Zorro learned a lot about the Asian culture, and their findings were coins, a small change purse, a dog collar, and metal piping also.  After finishing, they sat on the ground then laid back and with his arm for a pillow, Midori and Zorro talked about the various formations in the clouds.  They saw a wheel, what looked like a cat, mountains and various other formations.  It was a quiet time.  Zorro turned to his side to face Midori and he asked, “Midori, can I give you a kiss?"  "Well, Zorro, let me think about that," she replied with a twinkle in her eyes.  Smiling she said, "Yea, I thought you would never ask."  The kiss was tender, but very powerful, the hug that followed was equally as powerful.  Love?  Was this love?  Certainly it was a strong attraction that's for sure. 

Gathering up their supplies, the group returned to the castle to tell the others of their findings.  It was a fun and a day to remember. 

............To be continued.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:34 am

MardiGras09

Thank you ladies for the story. I've enjoyed every word. Can't wait for the rest of the story!!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:34 am

SilverLin2

On Friday morning of this week after the First Rose Ceremony, the tables were about to be turned on the Mysterious Bachelor, and he would be the one getting a surprise date to some destination unknown to him. A knock on the door of his suite in the West Wing surprised him out of his reverie, dreaming about the date he'd had on Thursday with Midori, Madison, and Maggie. Oh, that Maggie-girl ..... he couldn't quite get her out of his mind, yet he knew there was still a long road ahead in this season of romance and surprises. Surely, this was going to be "THE MOST MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR SEASON OF ALL TIME," in Chris' words.

He hurriedly put his mask on, in case one of the girls had slipped past security into the west wing, and answered the door. No one was there, but there was a small box on what looked like a locker-room bench. He wondered at that, thinking that was kind of plain for this show, but smiled and let it go, took the box into his sitting room, and opened it.

Inside was a photograph of the three ladies he'd be going on a date with today, Sharon, Kylie, and Jasmine, along with a card which read, "Dress casually, bring sunglasses, bring your swimsuit just in case. We'll be going back in time today, Zorro!" At the bottom was a note from Chris, letting him know that everything else he might need for the date had already been thought of, and would be provided later.

With that, Z chose a pair of blue jeans, a crisp white button-up shirt, his favorite walking shoes, and grabbed his sunglasses on his way out the door. Oh, his swim trunks! He thought about taking his green mankini, but changed his mind, thinking he'd save that for when he knew a girl a little better. He grabbed his black and white trunks instead. He headed downstairs to the waiting limo and his 3 ladies-a-waiting.

TO BE CONTINUED ...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:35 am

SilverLin2

Or so he thought. There were no ladies, there was no limo. There was a conversion van, with the back end closed off from the driver's seat, no windows for Zorro to see out of, but very comfortable, with plush seating, magazines to look at and music playing, good music from the late 70's to early 90's. There was a tray with fresh fruits and danishes, and a pitcher of mimosas.

The driver was careful to take shortcuts and side routes, so as not to give away anything to the Bachelor, for this was his stomping grounds, and he knew his way around the San Francisco area pretty well.

As Zorro helped himself to a drink and a slice of apple, he pondered the three ladies he'd be dating today. It had been a while since he spent much time with Sharon, and while at first he hadn't had much physical attraction to her, she was a fine lady, with intelligence, a classic sense of style, and a wonderful ability to make a great apple pie!

Jasmine had impressed him at the cocktail party, with an honest conversation, a down-to-earth realism about her, and he remembered that light, fragrant kiss on his cheek when he asked if she'd accept the rose.

Kylie just continued to blow him away, with her congeniality, her solid sense of self-esteem, her unselfishness, but also with her wistfulness when she talked of her family. Zorro liked a  woman who had love and respect for a family connection.

After many turns and twists in the road, he thought, the van began to slow down and Zorro could hear the muffled sounds of traffic, voices, some musical instruments, horses, tractors, a police siren, etc. His curiosity was aroused, and yet he could not piece this puzzle together, he could not figure out what all these noises had in common. A fair perhaps? A carnival? Some kind of concert . . . but why the sound of tractors then? He was smiling with curiosity, when the van stopped, the door opened slightly, and Chris Harrison peered around the edge of the door saying, "I just wanted to make sure your mask was on and you are ready for whatever the girls and we have planned. Are you feeling up to a few surprises today, Zorro?"

The Mysterious Bachelor replied, "I don't think I have a choice, do I?"

Chris just smiled that mischievous smile he sometimes makes, and shook his head no.

With that, Chris motioned to someone outside the van, and an announcement could be heard, "Ladies and Gentlemen, students, friends and family, please help us welcome back to Redwood High one of our soon-to-be-famous alumni, from the Bachelor, the one and only Zorro!!!" Applause could be heard, a band played the music from the old television series, "Zorro," and Chris opened the door wide for Z to step out of the van, to a waiting throng of people, old and young, men and women, boys and girls, including a school band, a cheerleading squad waving pom-poms and bobbing up and down, photographers snapping pictures, and camera crews from both the local tv station and ABC's Bachelor itself.

Zorro was got! He had not expected any kind of public exposure of this magnitude, and worriedly looked at Chris and motioned to his mask and face. Chris leaned in and said in Zorro's ear, over the din of the crowd and the music, "It's alright. ABC and Fleiss know all about this, they helped plan it even, and we've taken every precaution to protect your identity. Just relax and enjoy!" He clapped Zorro on the back, and indicated with his arm, as he has on so many occasions, that Z should go forward to a spot where the ladies were waiting.

There ahead of him, behind the crowd which was backing up on both sides to make an aisle for Zorro to walk through, was a float full of roses decorated with the ABC logo and the familiar words, The Bachelor, even with the usual ring replacing the "o". All of this done in crepe paper, streamers, roses and other blossoms. On the float, were 3 lovely ladies, each with a bouquet of roses: Sharon, Kylie and Jasmine, all waving at him as he came forward, and smiling and laughing.

Zorro just laughed, put his head down and shook it in disbelief, looked up at the ladies, then back at Chris, who motioned him on. He started through the crowd, shaking hands, hugging ladies, accepting claps on the back from gents. He couldn't stop smiling and flashing his handsome blue eyes up at the ladies waiting on the float.

Once there, he found a spot where he could climb aboard, and the girls all came over to receive big hugs one at a time, then all 4 of them turned toward the crowd and waved while the cameras rolled and clicked. The announcer turned out to be the high school principal, who joined Z and our 3 bachelorettes on the float, saying, "Zorro, welcome home to Larkspur and Redwood High, home of the Redwood Giants!" At that, a great roar went up from the crowd.

He continued, "We are pleased to have you and these 3 lovely bachelorettes joining us today for our Homecoming festivities. Your float will lead the parade through Larkspur, ending at the football field, where our great Giants will take on the Terra Linda Trojans in today's long-awaited Homecoming game!" Again, the crowd cheered and the pep squad jumped up and down waving banners and pom-poms.

"Go Giants!" The principal concluded his welcome, handed Zorro a cap to wear, indicated seats on the float where Zorro and his ladies could be seated, shook hands with all of them, and descended the float. Zorro only now had a moment to breathe, to look around at the sea of red, grey, green and black, and to acknowledge the girls seated in small chairs encircling his. They were giggling and shrugging innocently and winking at him. None of them could have heard any of the others, for the noise of the tractors revving up to pull the floats, the many bands practicing around them, and the people milling about and running to their places, all ready for the Redwood High Homecoming Parade to begin. There was excitement in the air, and Zorro and his 3 bachelorettes got caught up in it, too.

Before he put his new cap on his head, he looked at it, with the familiar Redwood High logo on it, the big red "R" with a green redwood in the center, and smiled at the thought of being back here again. He donned the cap, and the parade began.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 am

SmartandTruthful

Mackey, you had me in stitches with all of your "Chip" recipes!  LOL!  You did our Chipaloo proud!  Great writing and great fun!

Thanks, Mardi!  It's good to know you are enjoying our story!

Silver, I can't wait to see what you are cooking up for Zorro!  Loved that photo of his three dates!  Ha!

Love you guys, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 am

SilverLin2

The Redwood High Homecoming Parade wound its way through the streets of Larkspur, from the High School, down the main drag and many closed-off side streets to the football field. People lined the streets all the way along the route. Zorro remembered what a sports-crazy city this was, and how so many students participated in one way or another. Families of students were huge booster club participants, so this show of support for the team and Redwood High itself was no surprise to Z, and it brought back good memories.

All along the route, there were banners flying, pom-poms shaken, kids waiting with their bags for the candy and goodies being thrown from the floats. ABC had provided Zorro and the ladies with lollipops shaped like little roses to throw out for the crowd. There were people fiming and taking photos, folks holding up homemade banners rooting for The Bachelor. Men would shout out, "Pick me out a winner, Zorro!" or "She's a beauty!" pointing actually to all 3 of the girls. Sharon, Kylie, and Jasmine seemed to be taking this all in, excited, surprised, giddy, and cheerful.

From start to finish, the parade lasted about an hour, and in that time Zorro had the opportunity to observe some things about the women sharing the float with him. There was no time for any heart-to-hearts yet, but he noticed some things that he held in his heart.  

Sharon, for example, enjoyed singing along with the bands and repeating some of the cheers they could hear from the groups behind them. She really seemed to get into the school spirit atmosphere, sometimes yelling out to the crowd, "Go, Giants," which would get people roaring and clapping for their team. Zorro thought she looked really cute in her demin capris, red and black t-shirt and white sneakers, very sensible for this kind of outing, he thought.

Kylie likewise seemed very comfortable on the float, moving around on it, stirring up the crowd to cheer for their team. From time to time, she would hold Zorro's hand tightly while with the other, she would pump her fist, and yell, "Go Giants! Go Giants! Go Giants!" Sometimes she would alternate it with, "Go Zorro! Go Zorro! Go Zorro!" And ladies in the crowd would get up out of their chairs and clap and scream! Zorro sure liked Kylie's enthusiasm!

Jasmine seemed to be the keeper of the lollipops, not by any mutually-decided agreement. It just so happened, Zorro noticed, that Jaz had a good eye for finding that little one who wouldn't get too much attention from the candy-throwers. You know how some kids will stand out away from the curb and yell for candy and often get it, and then there are those who stand back a little more shyly by their mom or dad, and wait for the candy to come to them. THOSE are the kids Jasmine sought out, and having a pretty good throwing arm, she got those lollipops into the right kids' hands almost every time. Zorro relished the smile on her face when a little one looked up at her and grinned in thanks. He was impressed with that arm, too!

Zorro made a mental note of these things and more, wondering if one of these ladies could be THE one, and imagining each of them years down the road, telling the story of this day to their children or grandchildren.

He was also often distracted by the parade and the music and the crowds, and could only hope that later he'd have more time to share one-on-one time with each of the girls. He DID in fact, get into the mood of the moment, often standing and walking the length of the float, clapping and shouting out bits of cheers he remembered, riling up the crowd lining the route. And he was cool with the kids who stood out from the curb yelling for candy -- he would often make them earn it by lobbing a high lollipop and seeing if they could catch it.

At last, the parade ended at the football field parking lot. ABC had made special arrangements with the High School, local media, and city authorities for some interview time, alone time so they could eat, and special seating on the 50-yard-line, pretty high up in the stands, just below the press box, for Zorro and the bachelorettes. The game would start in about 2 hours, and several interviews were conducted: with the Redwood High school paper, "Redwood Bark," whose sports journalist was VERY nervous and shaking as he tried to take a good picture of Zorro and the ladies, and who then asked for autographs from each of them; with the local "Marin Independent Journal" lifestyles writer, who got a fantastic picture of the 4 with the cheerleading squad (Jasmine and Sharon, both in school colors, red & black with some green embellishments, got to hold pom-poms and kneel in the front of the group for the shot ... which, by the way, was okay with Kylie, since she could then be standing in front of Zorro, against his body, with his arms gently but firmly wrapped around her waist); and with the local ABC affiliate reporter, who spoke to each of the 4 about their experience on the show, and to Zorro about returning to his high school campus. Away from the ladies, she asked him about his picks so far, and in very gentlemanly fashion, he said he was the "luckiest man alive," to be surrounded each day by so many beautiful and intelligent women.

TO BE CONTINUED....................
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:37 am

Mackey_34

BJB was intrigued with Grace.  He just couldn't take his mind off the fact that she looked so familiar.  He hadn't had a chance to talk with her, but he planned to catch her when she wasn't on a date with Zorro. 

As he pondered this puzzle; who should appear from out of "nowhere" non other than his mother.  "Mo what are you doing here."  "Well, BJB, I can ask you the same question.  You know that huge farm of your's don't run itself, and with my farm, I can't do them both.  I figured you were off looking for Annie, so here I am.  Son, don't you realize that she ain't in love with you!  You have got to get over her, son and find some nice girl to be your wife and give me some grandchildren."

"Mo, the ranch is taken care of.  I called my friend, Wes, to watch out for things while I'm gone.  But, Mo, I have someone I want you to see, come with me, please."  BJB takes his Mo to where Grace is and he points her out to Mo.  "Mo, I know that girl, I've seen her before.  "Mo, Mo, Mo, wait, no, no........................... Mo faints dead away."  As she goes down, her last words are: "OMGosh, OmGosh, it's my..............She never finished before fainting dead away........

To Be Continued..................................
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 am

SilverLin2

FRIDAY's DATE CONTINUES:

ABC had asked the 3 bachelorettes if they wanted a nice picnic lunch under a tent, in a secluded spot behind the field house, or if they wanted to raid the concession stand before the crowds got thick.

Each and every one of them voted, "CONCESSION STAND!!!" What's better, when you're at a high school football game, than popcorn in those little white bags, nachos bathed in cheese sauce, coke in a red plastic cup, and a hot dog with all the trimmin's?

So, that's what Zorro got for lunch today! Concession stand grub. AND HE LOVED IT! He loved even more watching his 3 dates get their fingers sticky with cheese, load up their greasy hot dogs with onions and pickles (Maggie and Margie would have loved this, right?!), and sit back in their folding chairs under the tent, full, contented, with sunbrushed noses and cheeks, and ready for a football game (OR A NAP!)  Once again, he had been amazed, as were the other girls, at the amount of food Jaz could put away, for someone as tiny as she was. "It's my metabolism!!" she defended herself when Sharon said laughingly, "Good gawd, girl, do you ever quit?!" Zorro had a good laugh, and fed the last little bit of hot dog into Jasmine's open mouth, himself. "You just enjoy. Food is made for enjoyment, ladies!"

By the way, in case anyone is keeping track, Sharon had just ketchup and pickles on her dog, Jasmine likes mustard and mayonnaise (hmmm...is that a San Diego thing?, Zorro wondered) and pickle relish, Zorro likes the works, as does Kylie ... she said, "I never met a hot dog I didn't want to smother, and my stomach handles that just fine, thank you!" (Later, she and Z were both popping altoids during the game, as the onions were beginning to sneak up on them).

The four of our show's stars for the day were soon escorted, amid much photographing and filming, to their seats in the bleachers, before the rest of the crowd began to filter in. There was extra security in the stands today, due to their presence, including an officer being stationed in the press box right above them, and this helped ease Zorro's mind about maintaining the secrecy of his identity. He only wanted his ladies, and the show's fans, to know who he was when the time was right, when he was sure about his choices, and about which ladies were really there for the right reasons and not because of who he was.

The seats filled, the band took their place at one end of the field and began to play random musical pieces quietly, the cheerleaders stepped in formation down the sidelines, stopping at the 50-yard-line, followed by the pom-pom club dancers, and the banner-carriers. The crowd was getting set for the Homecoming Game, and Zorro and his ladies were geared up with excitement, too.

He smiled at all of them for different reasons:

Sharon was humming and sometimes singing to the tunes the band was playing, and even though remaining in her seat, her body and derriere and feet and fingers were swaying and tapping and wiggling to the beat, in anticipation of the game.

He just had to flat out laugh at Kylie! She now also had a Redwood High cap on her head, with her hair tied into a ponytail, sticking out the back of the cap, she had red and black plastic leis around her neck, and she had keys in her hand, which she jangled every time the cheerleaders finished one of their cheers. And she seemed unable to sit down, for being so excited.

Jaz had been given pom-poms, which she was shaking vigorously as the cheerleaders led the fans in pre-game warm-ups. She was a natural, Z thought! One time, she caught Z looking at her, and she smiled her perfect white smile, and asked, "Are you having a good time?" Zorro smiled back, took her petite hand in his, kissed her fingers and said, "Absolutely the best."

And then, the players were ready to enter the field at the north end. They were jogging in place, pumping their arms, keeping their muscles warmed up, knocking helmets with one another. The band marched down to the 50-yard-line, blaring the school fight song while the crowd sang, the cheerleaders and pep girls ran over to the end of the field where the players were waiting, carrying the large paper circle archway that would soon be torn to smithereens, and as the song ended, the announcer hollered over the mike,

"Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for the 2009, 2010 Redwood High FIGHTING GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The players came tearing through the archway, they and the cheerleaders pounding the turf with their running and jumping, and all over the stadium, sings and banners were waved, with players numbers and names being yelled out, "Get ready, 55, you can do it!" "Go Smith,,,knock 'em dead!!" The roar was deafening, Kylie was leading all those around in the jangling of the keys, Jasmine was standing on the bleacher seat waving her pom-poms, and Sharon was jumping up and down cheering while holding onto Z so as not to lose balance!

He was having so much fun watching these 3 gals get excited and engaged with down-home folks at his old high school homecoming game. Who would have thought any of the bachelorettes so dolled-up and gorgeous at the 1st cocktail party would be happy and satisfied with a date like this!

Well, the game commenced, and it was a thriller, a very close call in the 4th quarter, with just minutes left on the clock. The Giants were behind, and the offensive coordinator made a gutsy decision, bypassing a play-it-safe field goal attempt on 4th-and-seven at the Trojans 31-yard-line for a trick play, seeing the senior receiver take a reverse handoff and not stopping until he was in the end zone with a 31-yard touchdown run! The crowd went wild!! Every one of the bachelorettes was screaming and hanging on Zorro, and he was lifting all 3 of them up in the air, swinging them around, and all 4 of them were jumping up and down, pumping their fists and clapping, cupping their mouths and shouting praises to the team. Fans all around them were sharing high-fives and claps on the back with Zorro, and hugs with the girls. One or two teen-aged boys kept holding the hugs a little too long,  the girls thought, but WHO CARED!? The team had scored, taken the lead, the Trojans never regained the advantage, and the Giants had won their Homecoming game!

Smiling, sunblushed, and exhilarated, Zorro and the 3 bachelorettes finally sat down in the bleachers, waiting for the crowd to thin, waiting for security to take them back to the van, waiting for a chance to settle quietly down after this wonderful day in Larkspur. Several fans of the show came strolling by and asked if they could have a photo with the quartet. An older couple holding hands as they passed by on the lower bleachers paused and looked up at them; the man looked right at Zorro and said, "I hope you make the right heart-choice, and I wish you the kind of blessed life with your love as I've had with my high-school sweetheart here." Zorro stepped down to shake hands with the man, and to give his wife a gentlemanly hug. "Thank you for those wishes," he said, "that's what I'm looking for."
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 am

SilverLin2

Soon Chris and a driver showed up with the van, and Security came to walk Zorro and his ladies to the vehicle. Zorro shook hands with Chris and began to thank him for a wonderful, memorable date. Chris, winking at the ladies, stopped him and said, "Just hold that thought...the day isn't over yet."

He motioned towards the van, indicating they should all get in, and the girls were chuckling and teasing Z about what was yet to come. All settled in to the plush seats in the van, resting their heads, taking sips of cool drinks, enjoying the music quietly playing, and contentedly rode and talked about what fun this day had been.

TO BE CONTINUED..................................There's only one more installment in the story of Friday's date, I promise!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:39 am

SmartandTruthful

Thus far, there had not been much drama in the house.  However, put 15 ladies together under one roof, competing for the same man, and what do you really expect to happen?  Veronica was “that” girl!  She was the one the others learned to watch out for.  She had a way of listening to one of the other girls with a smile on her face and then delivering a zinger that took the wind totally out of her sails.  She would borrow something and return it, but not quite in the same condition.  Mariliee’s brand new bottle of nail polish came back from Veronica half empty.  The magazine Penny loaned her had been returned with sticky coffee stains ruffling up the last ten pages.  The sweater that Sharon had let her use had been stretched out in the arms, so that they were now too long for Sharon.  In addition, Veronica never offered to help cook a meal, but was always among the first in line for the food. She took hour long showers that used up all the hot water and left the bathroom a mess.  She continued to claim she was Zorro’s #1.  In other words, Veronica got on every single other Bachelorette’s nerves, but Zorro still thought she was a peach!

When it came to selecting partners for her date this week, Veronica had snapped up Grace and Theresa before they had a chance to consult with anyone else.  As the week progressed and as Veronica was discovered more than once staring at herself in the mirror and murmuring, “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the fairest one of all?”- Theresa and Grace became the objects of many sympathetic condolences from the other Bachelorettes, like: “tough luck,”  “Boy, I’m glad it’s not me!”  “Sorry!”  and “You deserve a medal!”

However, when Veronica, Grace, and Theresa put their heads together, they came up with a unique date that satisfied all three ladies and that they expected Zorro to enjoy and find interesting.  Theresa called Chris Harrison and filled him in on the details and got ABCs OK to go ahead with the plans and also their assistance with many of the special aspects of the date.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 am

Mackey_34 

So, back to my story about Helena and Jake.  ...............

Jake had decided to take things slow with Lena.  He knew how  shy she was but he also knew that behind that shyness was a wonderful girl who cared deeply, who just didn't, or hadn't, had the opportunity to experience boy-girl relationships.  He wanted to make sure Lena was comfortable with him and their time together. 

For the next few days, Jake took Lena on a canoe ride, they went to dinner and a movie, visited Chinatown in S.F, and he had plans to take her for a plane ride.  He thought he would head to the Yosemite National Park to see the scenes, especially the beautiful redwood trees.  He wanted to make sure they would fly over the S.F. bridge and see Alcatraz....Lena had mentioned reading the book "The Birdman of Alcatraz".  He planned to rent the movie, which she had never seen, and spend the time relaxing in her room.  He also wanted her to meet his parents and get to know Marilee better.  No, there was nothing "PERFECT" about Jake, just a well-mannered, caring gentleman who knew how to treat a girl.

To be Continued...................... 
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:41 am

SilverLin2

Our foursome in the retro conversion van was tooling along, enjoying the comfy seats, fresh fruits in season, and cool, cool drinks after a day in the sunshine, not knowing where they were headed. Oh, the ladies knew the FINAL destination of the night, but even they didn't know the surprise ABC had planned for all of them for the next couple of hours.

The van slowed, turned into what felt like a wide arc, and came to a stop. When the door opened, there was Chris standing in the front entrance of the luxurious Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa. "Welcome to Sausolito," he said, "and to an afternoon of pampering, bachelorette AND bachelor style!" 

The women were shown to a magnificent suite, with individual vanities, lush bouquets, fragrant candles, and dressing rooms for each, where the outfits they had chosen for later, their shoes and accessories, makeup and grooming items were all laid out carefully.  There were dishes of tiny peppermints and rich dark chocolate squares in each room. The ladies were told to change into their swimwear and to join Chris and Zorro in the Pearl Salon.

Zorro was shown to his well-appointed "bachelor pad" not far from the girls' suite. The leather sofa and love seat were comfortable for a man's frame, and on the wall of the sitting room was a very cool mural of the lights of San Francisco, at night, overlooking the bay. Very impressive! His dressing area, where he noticed the most handsome tuxedo hanging, was carpeted, roomy and smelled lightly of the sweetest pipe tobacco, yet he couldn't find such anywhere. Z was also told to change into his trunks and to join Chris and the ladies in the Pearl Salon.

When the doors opened to the salon, they saw four tables with a masseuse standing beside each one. The tables were arranged like a four-tined star, with the head of each table facing the center of the "star," so that all 4 of the individuals receiving a massage could see each other and talk comfortably with one another.

Kylie had never before received a massage, and she was thrilled, though a little anxious about how intimate it might become. She was greatly assured by the others, and became even more relaxed when her masseuse began to work out the knots in her shoulders and back, and she knew this was an experience she would relish as she remembered this time with Zorro.

Sharon, Jaz and Zorro all knew what to expect, and simply released their energies into the massage. Sharon loved to have her feet worked on, and spoke about the benefits of reflexology. Zorro held tension in his upper arms and shoulders, and soon felt like warm clay in the hands of his masseuse. Jaz appreciated the smooth surface efflourage along her neck and collar bone, and on her upper chest.

Their conversation was easy and flowing, centered around what each liked to do in their spare time, mostly. Zorro wanted to keep it a little mellow and light-hearted, so as not to interrupt the calm atmosphere. He was surprised over and over again at how well these particular three women got along and respected one another. From time to time, there was some mild ribbing, but he never felt that there was any underlying "drama" that might unfold between them.

Zorro told of how much he liked to go metal detecting with buddies, and of some of the treasures they'd found along the way. They had actually been able to find owners of long-lost items, and that was always a trip, to see the looks on folks' faces when they were handed an artifact they thought was lost forever.

Sharon talked more about how she loved to bake, to cook too, but really her specialty was in the baking. She said she really believes that fixing sweet home-made goodies for a man and for a family was a way to show that you cared enough to make the very best, from scratch, with love.

Kylie talked more about her family, and how she genuinely loves spending time with them, her folks and brothers and sister. "It's almost as if it really doesn't matter what we do, as long as we do it together," she said. "Take my brother Bry, for example ... we just like to sit out back with a beer and watch his little red-head run around under the sprinkler. With my sister Deed, we could just stay up 'til 2, looking at old photos with Mom, and eating pistachios."

Jaz surprised them all, with what she liked to do .... surf! Well, she is from San Diego, after all! She's just this little wisp of a thing, and she carries this big board and takes on giant waves---well, naturally!, Zorro thought as he smiled to himself imagining it. "There's just no thrill like skimming along the crest of a wave!" she said. "It's really like you've conquered nature for a moment, and then, BOOM, back to reality and you get up and go again." She snuck a look over at Zorro, with his face resting toward hers, listening intently, and said, "Wanna go someday?" Without even blinking, he said, "Absolutely."

They all adjourned to the Coral Salon, where our lovely, relaxed maidens had to be separated from Zorro for a time, because his mask had to come off. While the ladies had a manicure and pedicure to prepare for their evening, with colors to match their dresses upstairs, Z had a shave and a "gentleman's facial." They could all still hear one another, so they continued with further light and  "fun" conversation. This was surely a very luxurious way to end what was a great quadruple-date, but Zorro had been given a hint that there were more "memorable" moments ahead, and the ladies began to show little bits of secret excitement, like when you're planning a surprise and almost can't wait any more to see the look on the person's face. They knew the time to leave and head back was approaching, and the happy nervousness was beginning.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am

SilverLin2

While Zorro was getting ready for the next part of this mysterious adventure, the bachelorettes dressed and primped in their suite. When all was combed and sprayed and pulled into place, they were young gorgeous beauties, and when they met Zorro in the lobby, where he stood waiting for them by the brick fireplace, the admiration was mutual all the way around. He complimented the ladies, and rightly so ... they were even more stunning than the night of the cocktail party, and he couldn't imagine how. He was just the image of dapper and handsome, in a classically-styled tuxedo, a fresh professional shave, and even his mask was simply ... sophisticated! As hugs were given and taken, the girls commented on how great he smelled. Like the gentlest touch of pipe tobacco .....

This time their ride was in fact a limousine, rich-looking, black and sleek. They climbed in, enjoyed champagne and fresh watermelon globes, and again listened to some great oldies music that brought memories. Different songs would remind one or the other of something, and so they shared stories of first kisses, Mr. Beamer the geeky homeroom teacher, the college freshman roommate who thought he was the greatest guitarist but knew only one chord. Soon, they were heading back into Larkspur, Zorro noticed, and questioned "What's this? I assumed we were heading back to the Castle." All the while, he watched out the windows of the limo, and then, "Oh, my God." He turned to Sharon, who was right at his side, and smilingly asked, "Are we going back to the high school!?" Sharon looked like the cat who ate the canary. Kylie was about to burst with giddiness, and Z shot a look at her, asking, "Are we going to the dance tonight?!" Kylie fell apart, laughing and holding her cheeks, nodding. Jasmine had the greatest perfect white smile on, and grabbed his arm, saying "You DO WANT to go, don't you!?" "ABSOLUTELY!" he shouted, clapping his hands and passing out little mini-hugs.

The car pulled up to the curved drive at the front of Redwood High, and there was Chris at the door, motioning for the 4 of them to step out. Zorro took a moment, gave Chris a hug and clap on the back, saying only, "You old son-of-a-gun!" Chris gave it right back at him, warning him with a wink, "We'll see you out here in the drive at midnight, Cinderella! Now go have some fun!"

The theme of the Homecoming Dance was "BACK TO THE NEAR FUTURE," playing up what would have been Zorro's era, in honor of 90'S ALUMNI. The place was decorated garishly and with lots of sequins and streamers, it was dark, it was loud, it was full of so many people, high school teenagers, awkwardly standing by their dates and looking everywhere but at them, and alumni who were catching up with one another, and dancing free-style with their wives. On the platform where a band periodically played, and the dj worked his musical magic the rest of the time, was a life-size stand-up cardboard cutout of Zorro, THE MYSTERIOUS BACHELOR. Z just had to laugh when he saw that!

There were raffle drawings, interviews, autographs, a sumptuous buffet, Shirley Temple punch, posters of artists like the Dave Matthews Band, REO Speedwagon, Van Halen, and Toad the Wet Sprocket hanging on  the walls of the gym, a disco ball (yes, a little older than this era, but there's ALWAYS a disco ball at homecoming), chaperones, young lovers, and football players giving each other high-fives!

A table had been reserved for Zorro and his bachelorettes, and the centerpiece was a vase of red roses with baby's breath. Z and the ladies had gone to the buffet table to get a bite to eat, when a handsome fellow about Z's age came striding over to the foursome, clapped Zorro on the back, hugging him tightly, saying, "Long time no see, dude." And looking at the ladies, with a raised eyebrow toward Zorro, he continued, "And you really get around, don't you? Yesterday, three lovelies, today another 3!"

Zorro hugged the guy back, and hollered over the music, "Mike, were you in on this little adventure?" "All the way, dude, all the way!" They laughed, and Zorro introduced his best childhood friend Mike to Sharon, Kylie and Jasmine. He took a long look at all of them, and complimented, "Ladies, you are not only beautiful but intelligent, if you have indeed chosen to spend this day with a great guy, this Zorro!"

The ladies thought Mike was a real charmer, handsome, rugged, a sharp dresser, and a good conversationalist. He and Z both danced with each of the girls, they all participated in a round of the chicken dance and in a line dance to a Shania Twain classic. Mike and Jasmine discovered they both had a healthy appetite for shrimp dipped in butter sauce, and after about an hour, had a full plate of tails between them. "Love Shack" by the B-52's was playing, and Mike leaned over to Jasmine's ear, saying, "I've gotta work some of this off. Shall we?" as he extended his hand. Jaz was game, and the two of them got up to dance it off.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 am

SilverLin2

As Sharon, Kylie and Zorro watched the two of them leave, a man approached the table, and chided Zorro about "spending too much of his time having fun with beautiful women, and not minding the store!" Zorro laughed, stood up and hugged the gent, whom he then introduced to Sharon and Kylie as Bob Frame, a former high school teacher, who became much more over the years, a mentor, good friend, and now the 3rd of Zorro's 3 business partners, along with Bryce. Kylie asked what courses he had taught Zorro, that led to this connection between the two, and Zorro said, "Business Foundations 101, Sophomore year. Wow! I was such a novice then, so green about life and experience and..."

"AND ABOUT BUSINESS! You were a kid knowing nothing but thinking big thoughts!!"

"Oh, yeah, like you were some wizened old soul, my ancient friend, being just out of college yourself at the time!" Zorro shot back.

Bob had been looking at Zorro, but looked at Sharon, pointing back at Z, and chided,"I taught him everything he knows!" Sharon just kept looking right at his eyes, and smiled, "I bet you did!"

Bob had started to look back at Zorro, but was caught by Sharon's gaze, and had to look back at her. He stopped talking, looked at Zorro, who smiled slyly, then looked back at Sharon. "And where are you from, and what do you do there?" he asked.

"Galveston, I graduated from Wharton Business School, and I'm a banker," Sharon said, and Kylie and Zorro noticed that suddenly she had a real sweet kinda' southern accent, from Galveston, Taxis, y'all. Kylie's eyes got real big, she sat up a little, surprised, and looked at Z. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Who knew?"

Sharon and Bob talked business and banking for a time, and Kylie and Zorro went to get all 4 of them more punch, while Mike and Jasmine danced to "You Light up My Life" by Debbie Boone. The hour was beginning to get late, and Bob said to Sharon at one point, "I think I'd better take you for a spin around the dance floor before I lose my chance." He and Sharon whirled away.

Zorro took Kylie's hand, and said "Finally alone." Taken aback just a touch, Kylie blushed, and Zorro touched her cheek, then her bottom lip, and stayed focused on her deep brown eyes for just a moment.

With a soft husky voice, he said, "Let's cut in on Mike and Jaz, and then have the last dance of the evening together, if that's alright with you?" Kylie nodded, and smiled a bit of an "I've got a secret" smile.

They cut in on the couple, and switched partners, while Sharon and Bob were snuggled into a tight ball for this slow song, "I Can't Make You Love Me," by Bonnie Raitt. Zorro was holding Jasmine close, and her head was resting in the center of his chest. "Thank you for this day, Jasmine, and for so many wonderful surprises, too." She moved her head, looked up into his blue eyes, and in that moment, there was a connection between the two of them, much like the moment he had offered a rose and she had breathed a warm soft kiss onto his cheek. He leaned into her petiteness, and gently kissed her lips, just for that moment, and she drew her head back into the comfort of his chest.

It was the moment of the last dance of the evening, the lights in the gym would soon begin to come up, just slightly enough that people could begin to gather their things, Mike and Zorro and Kylie and Jaz had switched partners again, and the dj said quietly, "And for the romantics among you, we go back to the near future again, with a soft oldie, "Almost Paradise." Sharon and Bob remained snuggled, Mike and Jaz swayed in a comfortable hold, and Zorro twirled Kylie once, then pulled her close, and they remained bound together by their arms until the last chord played.

"Cinderella" and his band of friends, old and new, met the limo in the drive. Mike had to say goodbye there and offered a bear hug to Jasmine, picking her up and twirling her around. But Bob asked if he could accompany Zorro and the 3 ladies back to the Castle. Sharon was dee-lighted, southern-style, of course, and suggested that if Bob stayed the night with  Zorro, she might bake him up a yummy apple struesel for breakfast. Zorro grabbed Bob's hand and pulled him into the limo, saying, "You CANNOT turn that down. You have GOT to taste this girl's apple whatevers."  

Zorro settled in across from Bob and Sharon, with Kylie nestled into one shoulder and Jaz in the other. As the driver pulled away and down the highway toward the castle, Z thanked the 3 gals for a wonderful day and date, and said he never would have thought of something like that himself. He never would have thought that any of the bachelorettes would even LIKE something like that. Two of the 3 bachelorettes fell asleep, Jasmine and Sharon, as Kylie, Bob and Zorro continued to talk about everything and nothing. All arrived safely back at the castle, parted ways for the night, and slept like they hadn't slept in days!!
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top