Survivor 31 Second Chance Cambodia

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 31 Second Chance Cambodia - Page 2 Empty Re: Survivor 31 Second Chance Cambodia

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:08 am

Give it a shot, singly. As always Survivor provides some little gems of humour, wit and humanity along with the greed and lies. Sort of a microcosm of the human condition. Besides, we need more discussion buddies here on this Survivor topic!

For all the competitiveness and sometimes animosity displayed during the run of the show come the finale, with all castaways present they seem to like each other just fine. (Mostly, some hard feelings in some people persist). 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor 31 Second Chance Cambodia - Page 2 Empty Re: Survivor 31 Second Chance Cambodia

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:28 am

I am disappointed in Woo, darn it. He isn't playing a very smart game. He's right out of the loop and even though he senses it now and again and complains about it his tribe mates feed him a load of cods wallop and he says, oh, okay and doesn't think for himself!  Step up, my boy, or you are bye bye again soon.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:34 am

I'm disappointed in Woo also.  I was also disappointed in the tribal council tonight.  I really was hoping either Jeff or Abi would be voted out.  When they put blindsided on the screen after PG was named as the one voted out I was sure agreeing with it.  At least I am happy for Spencer - he seems happier and it does look like he is trying to change his way of playing the game.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm

I am really starting to enjoy this season of Survivor. That team shake up early on was a great idea. Abi, as unpleasant and off putting as she is,  finds a way to "survive" somehow. But, she's got Woo in her sights now and not in a good way. "That's twice you put my name down", she said to Woo. Watch out Woo. 

Spencer and Jeremy work well together and an alliance between those two could be mutually beneficial, especially given Jeremy's idol.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Woo needs to start playing like he means business. He's a strong competitor so he needs to start trying to form his own group and stop going along with everyone else because they certainly won't be looking out for him. Look what they did to Peih-Gee even though it looked like they were gunning for Abi or Varner.

I hate it when they do that. The way they edit it makes it look one way and then it flips at the tribal counsel with no warning. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES TO MAKE THEM FLIP VOTES LIKE THAT,DAMMIT! 

What was Tasha and Andrew thinking? Tasha has got to have better sense then to get too close to Abi. She is such a conniving, nasty waste of a contestant. There is no way that anyone voted for her to come back. That has got to be the producers doing.

I am so glad Spencer is off that team with Varner and Abi. I would like to think that Spencer and Jeremy are going to stick together, but Jeremy pretty much said that he will do whatever he has to do for his game....which means stabbing someone else in the back if need be.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 am

I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised.  No "Boasting Bart" in sight.  Loved seeing Spencer again - every mother's loveable nerdy child - lol.

rkc, I also wonder what happens behind the scenes when a vote flips like that.  I'm not familiar with Abi, but must say I didn't care for her in this one episode.

It would be great if Jeremy and Spencer form a lasting bond.  I guess I'll tune in next week, but if it's starts getting physical and nasty, I'll just as easily tune out.

PS:  Does anyone else see the resemblance between Savage and a younger Hugh Hefner?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 pm

There is a resemblance, singly. Hefner has become such a caricature of himself  we sometimes forget he was quite an attractive man.

I am adding Joe to my list of personal favourites to worry about. He is still Mr. Nice Guy, helpful and kind. That did him in previously as his fellow castaways will happily take from him and throw him to the sharks  at the first available opportunity. I don't ever want Joe to turn nasty, that's just not who he is but he has to get a little more tuned in and develop a better strategy for promoting himself..
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm thinking with the switch up, that yellow team is going to be picked apart one by one.  I'm trying to remember who is on the team but I don't recall it being a super strong team.  Also that starting from scratch part is really tough.  It already puts the team at a disadvantage.  And what's with the no rice part?
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:27 pm

I think the yellow team is Andrew Savage, Abi, Woo, Tasha Fox, Jeff Varner and Pieh Gee voted off last week.  I would really like to see Abi and Jeff Varner voted off and Woo needs to get some gumption going instead of just sitting there and voting for who the majority are going for.  He is rather a disappointment this season. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Yes, Woo definitely needs a slap upside the head.  He just went along with things last time around also.  Him and Andrew are the only two I care if they go forward.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:51 pm

beardiedawg wrote:Yes, Woo definitely needs a slap upside the head.  He just went along with things last time around also.  Him and Andrew are the only two I care if they go forward.
I agree with you as long as Woo can pick things up and acts like he wants to be there and win.  Right now I'm wondering why he is even back.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:58 pm

woohoo I'm so glad that Jeff Varner is gone - that guy really rubbed me the wrong way!!!!  The only problem is Abi seems to have gained too much power.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 am

I can't say I was surprised to see Varner out but have to give him props for a graceful and unbitter exit. Abi is such a flake I hope she stays awhile now just to stir the pot! 

The whole Angkor tribe is now down to 4 and are pretty dysfunctional. I really think sticking them in a new camp with nothing, absolutely nothing, took so much out of them that they were doomed from the start. I wouldn't be surprised at another realignment seeing them absorbed into the other two tribes. Can you imagine each of the other two tribes thinking "Please, not Abi" as they pick?

This is shaping up into one of the best seasons in a long time. Joe still worries me with his obvious do it all game play. The usual reward for someone as capable and nice as Joe is a quick goodbye. The new and improved Kindly Kass just cracks me up. I wonder if she has to grit her teeth when she's making nice? 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Savage is the one I like the best out of the Angkor tribe and hope he stays around for a long time.  I am rather disappointed in Woo - he needs to put on his big boy shorts.  I really couldn't stand his groveling to Abi - I understood why he had to do it and it worked but I just didn't like to see it.

I think they really need Joe right now to win challenges - he did most of the work all by himself in the immunity challenge.  I wonder how long Kindly Kass is going to last as Kindly Kass.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Jeff didn't really bother me.  He was needed the first episode to get Terry into playing the game.   I'm thinking we're seeing Abi with way too much power and it's editing so that later on we are supposed to be surprised when she is voted out. 

Wondering how long they will keep the three tribes.  Unless the producers want all of yellow gone, they might need to do another merge soon.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm glad Varner is gone. Next it needs to be Abi. I did like how he bent down and called her a bitch before he left.

I know why Woo did it but the groveling to Abi at the tribal counsel bugged me too, SLA. I think he realizes that with only 4 left that they are going to be splitting them up into just two groups anyway and he hopefully won't have to deal with her.

Abi seems to think she has some sort of power, but wait until she has to change groups again. Hopefully people will just get rid of her so they don't end up strangling her! 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Just watching now and it occurred to me that Jeremy is not very good at challenges. Probably he is lucky to have that II because he may well need it. Sooner or later his tribe mates will come to the same conclusion as I have.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 am

I missed most all of the show tonight and got home in time for the Tribal Council.  I saw that Monica got blindsided and Spencer escaped another elimination.  I didn't see the challenge so I didn't see what Jeremy did but I remember he wasn't that good in the challenge where they had to go out in the water to retrieve their puzzle bags.  He could barely make it through the water if I remember correctly.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 am

As Spencer said, the game is still tribal at this point, not individual so the right one went, I think. I couldn't believe some were contemplating giving Spencer the boot - without him I don't think they have a hope in challenges.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:15 am

Unless they can continue to come up with challenges that just a couple people can do I think they're going to have to divide it up into two teams or merge soon. Woo's team was lucky they won last night or next week they would have had to do something. 

I agree with Jeremy not so great in challenges. At least not last night. It's odd because looking at him you would think he would be. Rolling balls and trying to get them in holes has to be one of the easiest challenges ever. Puzzles are harder than that. lol. Spencer had to rescue the dude from it.

Speaking of not that great in challenges, for all of Abi thinking she owns this game in her own mind, she is horrible at challenges. She can't help win them but she wants everyone to vote her way for her own personal reasons. You can tell Woo is playing Abi right now. He obviously doesn't like her but he needs to stay on her good side right now to make it to the merge. It just amazed me the last couple of weeks when discussions were going on about who to send home during tribal counsel. Abi never spoke of what was best for the team as a whole. It was always about who voted for HER at tribal counsel, who doesn't want HER around, voting out so and so because it would be better for HER game. Wow. That girl is a real piece of work!

I've been really impressed with Keith this time. He is playing a more social game and aligning with others and helping win challenges. He is proving his worth this time around.

As to the previews, I wonder who gets hurt next week, if that's what really happens? You never know when it comes to editing. It makes it look like it's the end of the road for someone.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:00 am

So long Woo. Can't say I saw that coming. Kass is stirring things quite efficiently. Savage assuming he was running things was a big mistake. The women didn't agree. 

Merge next show, it always gets super intense then, should be fun.

So great that Terry's son received a needed heart transplant and is doing well.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:48 am

Not sure why they didn't vote out Savage unless they wanted a threat gone.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 am

beardiedawg wrote:Not sure why they didn't vote out  Savage unless they wanted a threat gone.
I think removing a threat when they could was a big factor. With the merge imminent Woo would be very strong in challenges and Savage is likely seen as beatable. Plus Woo seemed entirely Savage's puppet - tell me what to do and I'll do it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm not sorry that Woo is gone - he was not someone that I warmed up to this season.  If I remember correctly Savage won a challenge for his tribe a couple of episodes back.  I think that Savage was as big as a treat as Woo.  Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that time will tell.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:01 am

I enjoyed this episode. Kass outsmarted herself, that sense of superiority she has was bound to bring her down. But, I suspected Cierra with her propensity to talk too much might be a gonner. I suspect she isn't long for the show as she doesn't seem to learn discretion. 

By the way, who voted for Savage? The phone inconveniently rang just as they were holding up their vote cards.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top