Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing with the Tsars - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing with the Tsars

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:24 am

44.  Belle

Sergei
: Would anyone like more coffee?

Mikhail
: I'll have another Bloody Mary, please--and double up on the vodka.

Chris
: Are we sure they are here for the right reasons?

Rasputin
: What reasons do they need? They're bachpeople and royal Russian time travelers. How much more entitled can you get?

Melissa
: I need some assurance I'm not going to be replaced by Erin Andrews. You know, I've been stung before.

Juan Pablo
: Trust me. You're not going anywhere. You're so cute. I like you.

It was obvious to any observer (that would be us) that the frustration among the guests was mounting by leaps and bounds (don't try that at home) and continued as the conversation heated up.

As the brunch-turned-to-bull session came to a close, Mikhail ripped up his copy of the memo and stuffed the scraps into his empty coffee cup. Anna slumped down the on floor in a dramatic split. Melissa called home to make sure no one had come to repossess her mirror ball trophy. Ashley cried. And Chris walked across the room to the bar to tap on a wine glass with a butter knife. Somehow, he felt soothed by that familiar act. He wondered if Rasputin would let him start the show that way.

Finally, as the guests were exiting the room, Juan Pablo said to anyone who would listen, "Look at me. It's OK. I want you all to be comfortable. Rasputin was just being honest. Oh, by the way, did you know I have a daughter? She is taking dancing lessons right now. That's all I'm going to tell you."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 am

45.  WW

The suits from ABC had called a meeting but once again it was they doing the flying. Even sitting in first class, a flight lasting almost six hours was nobody's idea of a nice day and the suits resented the fact that they had to do the traveling. Upon arrival they were ushered into the same conference room they had used previously and took the same seats they had sat in before. At exactly three minutes past the appointed hour, Fleiss entered the room. Fleiss took one look around and his eyes landed on an opened screen and a laptop sitting on the conference table.

"Power Point?" he asked.

"Yes, we thought it would be the best way to..." started the spokesuit.

"Not a chance," interrupted Fleiss. "The only reason to use Power Point is to try to gloss over what you're really trying to say. Either spit it out or get back on the plane." He continued to stand.

There was an uncomfortable silence. The spokesuit sighed, then nodded to another in his group who took down the screen and closed the laptop. Fleiss sat down.

"You know what we're up against in trying to sell air time, I'm sure," began the suit. "We need solid ratings to show sponsors that they're buying something valuable."

Fleiss and the Fleissmice nodded.

The suit cleared his throat. "And what's big these days? Murder and mayhem, that's what. All I hear about is the 'Game of Thrones' and its red wedding. And when I'm not hearing about that, I'm hearing about 'Breaking Bad' and its violence. And all this conversation about death and destruction is met with approval by the viewing public." He shook his head in disbelief and stared at Fleiss.

Fleiss said nothing.

"So, we're out there trying to sell some kind of dance show with dead Russians and has-been bachpeople and worn-out dance pros and we're up against bloodshed." He looked sad and frustrated. "What are we supposed to tell them?"

Fleiss looked impatient. "Tell them I'm the executive producer. Tell them they've had years of huge audiences from my shows. Tell them to grow spines and buy now, before all the ad space is taken up." He looked disgusted. "You can't really have come all the way out here because you don't know how to sell ads. You just wanted a trip to Disneyland, maybe?" He stood. The Fleissmice stood.

"Enjoy your stay, gentlemen," he told the suits. "If you hurry you can take the ride in the little boat and hear a bunch of cloyingly cute children of the world singing 'It's a Small World After All' a few dozen times." As Fleiss and his entourage walked out the suits just sat, deflated.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:38 am

46.  WW

When Catherine and Reid entered the dance studio they saw only Julianne waiting for them.

"No Derek?" asked Catherine.

"No, sorry," said Julianne, "he can't be here today. I hope I can do an adequate job in his place." She smiled winningly, and Catherine seemed mollified.

"We're doing a waltz, so let's go through the basic steps." Catherine appeared attentive, but unfamiliar with the dance.

"You're familiar with the galliard dance, I assume," Julianne said, looking at Catherine. Catherine nodded.

"It had a lot of intricate steps and spins," Julianne continued. "Some of the steps came while the couple was in a close hold which many people considered shocking and completely inappropriate." Catherine nodded again.

"Well, dance has progressed since then," Julianne noted. "Now it's not considered shocking for couples to dance in a hold. In fact, many dances require it." Catherine looked slightly taken aback, but gave a slight nod.

"So," Julianne went on, "let me position you and Reid in the proper hold to dance the waltz." Reid took to the position naturally but Catherine required more assistance. She seemed stiff and uncomfortable and the more Julianne tried to get her into the correct stance the stiffer she appeared. Julianne's attempts to make her more comfortable by advising her to relax seemed to fall on deaf ears.

"I know you've never seen this before," said Julianne soothingly. "Perhaps it might help if I demonstrate." And with that she moved into Reid's hold, looked up at him and smiled. "You see?" she asked Catherine.

She repositioned Catherine and Reid, and Catherine looked a little better. Julianne started the music. Standing a bit apart from them, Julianne demonstrated the basic waltz steps. Reid, who had learned this much in high school, repeated them easily. Once again, Catherine looked uncomfortable and a bit resistive.

Julianne again offered to demonstrate. She moved into Reid's arms and was pleased when he returned her warm smile. "Now," Julianne said, "let me show you the proper distance. This," she said, moving right up into Reid, "is too close." She continued to stay in his close embrace as she continued her explanation. Reid smiled even more. Finally Julianne moved back. "This is the correct distance." Reid looked disappointed as she moved away.

She put Catherine back in Reid's hold and demonstrated the steps again. Catherine looked up at Reid as Julianne had done, but Reid was looking at Julianne.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

47.  Belle

Jillian and Alexander II were getting along swimmingly. The tsar was a genial but quite romantic figure--the last of a breed, Jillian thought. Alexander regarded Jillian as game, perky and fun, with a bit of ambition and ready a for grand adventure. In fact, they were so compatible that after workout sessions they would unwind in the break room and indulge in margaritas. Alex was enjoying his introduction to Western potables.

(Note to readers: You thought this was a health club with a juice bar? Well, it seems the Fleissmice had snuck in some tequila in case the cast got a little weary of vodka.)

Val, being an insightful coach, saw a potential for corralling his dancers' blooming friendship and putting it on display in the form of a romance that was bound to happen. He recalled Jillian telling him that she liked herself when she was with Alexander.

He wanted a dance that was lively, joyful and fantastical, but showed a connection in the making. After considerable thought, he settled on a contemporary number that would be performed to Tchaikovsky's
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker Suite. He knew he was taking a risk--those ballet dancing judges might be sticklers for classic form--but he was confident he could pull it off.

The choreography Val designed featured a move where Alexander lifted Jillian and settled her on his shoulders. She then reached upward as if picking fruit off of a tree. They executed it perfectly; it was gentle, charming and affectionate. Val was impressed.

But this was not Val's first rodeo. Over time, the dances were demanding and hard work. A lot could happen between the initial euphoria and the conclusion of the season. It would be a challenge to keep this partnership on track.

Meanwhile Jillian, though delighting in Alexander's company, had this nagging feeling that she might not measure up, and that there was something missing. Would she be able to explain this to him if she needed to?

For his part, Alexander was reveling in the moment--of being wined and dined, celebrated and applauded. He was determined to savor every experience, for one could never know when he was going to be eliminated.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 am

48.  Belle

When Bentley was first introduced to Maria, he was taken aback. Well, truth to tell, he was disappointed. When they told him he was going to be dancing with an empress, he must have misheard and gotten the impression his partner was going to be Emily. Nevertheless, it was a comfortable gig and he'd be getting some face time. He decided to play along and let Maria think he was into the competition.

Anyhow, Cheryl, the coach, was plenty hot and he wouldn't mind having her demonstrate some moves. He'd stick around, well, as long as he felt like sticking around.

Cheryl decided to start with a tango--a dance that was aloof and sensual at the same time. It would suit Bentley's personality and showcase Maria's regal demeanor. But the music--how would she choreograph a latin dance to Russian music? She sat down and listened carefully to Tchaikovsky's
1812 Overture. Yes! She could adapt parts of it to the tango. What fun that would be!

She explained the concept to her charges. Maria was fine with anything--she know she was probably just holding a place for someone else. Bentley took to the idea with great enthusiasm. He was especially amused that the whole thing would end in a blaze of glory with bells ringing and cannons booming . . . dot . . . dot . . . .dot . . . throughout the ballroom.

Now, the only fly in the ointment, or blade in the razor, as the case may be, was the presence of Ashley as a judge. "How in the world did that that happen?" he asked himself.

Was she taking yet another leave of absence from her pursuit of a dental career? "It's cool," he thought. "She's happily married now, so what would she care about me being here?"

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 am

49.  WW

Ivan IV and Courtney were attempting to learn the quick step. Their coach, Maksim, thought he had a decent chance of explaining it to the former Tsar of All the Russias because there was no language barrier. However, as it turned out, Ivan had never heard words describing dance and didn't know them when Maks used them. Given a total lack of communication in Russian, they agreed to switch back to English so Courtney could understand what was being said. Maks was feeling impatient with the tsar. He put Ivan and Courtney back into their starting hold. Courtney smiled up at her partner in an attempt to encourage him. Ivan scowled back down at her.

Maksim put the CD on again, and the music started up. Maks gave a downbeat sign with his hand, signaling them to begin the dance. Courtney started her part but Ivan stood like a stone. Maks sighed in exasperation. He took Courtney's arm and put her in the starting position, this time dancing with her himself. "Like this," he said to Ivan, then went through the opening steps with Courtney. He brought her back to Ivan.

Maks restarted the music and gave the downbeat signal again. This time Ivan took one step forward, then stopped.

"Ivan," Maks said in a forceful tone, "that's just terrible." Courtney nodded in agreement. "This isn't winning," she said.

At this, Ivan's scowl became deeper and his mouth contorted in rage. He glared, first at Maks, then at Courtney.

"Let's try it again," said Maks, trying to regain some patience.

"Nyet!" spat Ivan. "Break time." He walked to the door and flung it open, stomping out of the studio. Maks and Courtney could hear the sound of his voice, but not his words, as he angrily talked with one of his guards. Before long the door opened again, and a sweet-smiling Ivan looked back into the room.

"Courtney?" he asked in an enticing voice. "Would you please join me outside for a breath of air?"

Courtney hoped this was a sign of his willingness to apply himself, especially if she could have an off-duty moment of flirtatious talk with him. She followed Ivan outside.

Maks watched the clock tick away. When ten minutes had elapsed and there was no sign of their return, he began to become concerned. After fifteen minutes had gone by, he opened the studio door and went out into the front courtyard. He looked around but saw no sign of either of them. He walked around the side of the building, then to the back. He saw something that looked like a large bundle in the alley. Not certain why, he walked toward it. The shape seemed human.

As he got closer he realized it was a person, lying on the ground, bound and gagged. Closer yet, he saw with alarm it was Courtney. There was blood all over her. He ran the last few feet to her and removed the gag. He was almost faint with relief to discover she wasn't dead. "What happened?" he said, alarm in his voice. He began untying her wrists and ankles.

"Some big guys came out of nowhere," she panted, fear in her voice. "They ambushed me as I was going out to meet Ivan. They hauled me back here and tied me up. Then they threw a bowl of red borscht all over me." She was standing now, but on wobbly legs.

"Didn't Ivan do anything to help?" he asked.

"What could one old Russian dude do against a bunch of big guys?" she asked. "He said something in Russian to them, but they didn't stop."

Maks looked her over. "I"ll drive you to your hotel," he offered. "Are you sure you're not hurt? None of that red stuff is blood? Don't need a doctor?"

"No, not hurt," she said. "Just scared." She looked at the red stains all over her clothes. "And I hate beets."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow," he said. "I don't want you coming to the studio alone."

She considered for a moment, then said, "Maks, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to come back. You'll need to get someone else."

He dropped her in front of the hotel and was pleased the doorman came up to open the car for her. She waved as she got out.

"Not winning at all," he mused, as he drove back to the studio.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:15 am

50.  Belle

The doorman took Courtney's hand as she stepped out of the car. When her feet were solidly on the ground, Maks drove away.

Courtney smiled and addressed the doorman. "Oh, Sergei! It's so good to see a familiar face." She perked up a bit. "I thought you worked with the caterers."

"Oh, I do, but that's just a part time gig. I took it because I thought I'd get my name in some message board story. But a guy's gotta make a living." Sergei eyeballed Courtney's severely unkempt condition. "You don't look much like you've been dancing," he commented in a sympathetic voice. "What in the world happened?"

After Courtney gave him a brief recap of her "mugging," Sergei said, "I get off in about 20 minutes. Why don't you freshen up and meet me back here? I'll take you to a nice, secluded place for drinks. You can tell me the whole story there."

"Thanks," Courtney replied with a sigh of relief. "After all that, I really to need to get away."

51.  Belle

Animated as she was giving Sergei all the gory details of her ordeal, Courtney paid little attention to the scenery as they motored to whatever was their destination. Presently, they stopped in the driveway at the undisclosed location.

Courtney was too traumatized and disoriented to ask questions. She followed Sergei into the building and down a flight of stairs. A heavy metal door opened, and she was welcomed by Vladimir "Lex" Lenin, Leon "Fox Trot" Trotsky, and the Shevik twins, Bol and Men.

The room, office-like, was populated with all kinds of electronic equipment. In one corner was a large safe; in another, a seating area. Tierra was there, lounging on one of the overstuffed chairs and holding a can of beer.

"Welcome, by dear," Lex said to Courtney. "Meet your understudy." Then he addressed Tierra. "Sweetheart, finish up."

Fox Trot spoke. "As soon as she's done, fellows," he ordered, motioning towards Tierra, "take her to her assignment."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:34 am

52.  WW

"Follow-up," Lara said impatiently into her cell phone. "You've heard of follow-up, I assume? It's when we refer back to a story we did a while ago and see how things have developed later?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm.

She listened to the voice on the other end.

"Yes, I have time today to start interviewing the folks involved. Maybe I can see all of them today, if I'm lucky."

She listened again, then nodded.

"I'm on it," she said before pressing the red hang-up button.

A call to the studio produced the information that Vienna, Boris, and Tristan would be rehearsing at 11:00 am. She was pleased that it was early in the day, and hoped that would leave her time to find the doctor that afternoon. She arrived just as the trio was entering the studio and went in with them.

After re-introducing herself and her camera operator she asked Vienna how her ankle was doing. Vienna put on a studiously brave face. "I'm working through the pain," she said with a cross between a smile and a grimace.

"She's demonstrating a lot of courage," Tristan said supportively. "We're still working on the quick step and she has shown grace under fire all the way."

Lara turned the microphone to Boris. "She's not whining as much," the tsar confirmed. "Is better."

Lara thanked them all, stayed for a few shots of the rehearsal session, then motioned her camera operator to shut it down. "Now we'll see if we can get a few words from the doctor."

They arrived at Dr Zhivago's office at 12:30 pm. Lara had thought about calling ahead but was afraid his receptionist wouldn't agree to letting her in. She decided that simply appearing would offer a better chance. The reception area was empty, which puzzled Lara, and she was afraid the doctor was having a mid-week day out of the office. But the receptionist assured her he was in. "Doctor is seeing his last patient before lunch," she told Lara. "Doctor can see you after he finishes."

Presently the door opened and Dr Zhivago himself entered the waiting room. He gave Lara a warm smile, then invited her and the camera operator into his office area. Lara was struck, as she was the first time she met him, with how handsome he was. She briefed him on the purpose of her visit and asked whether he had continued to treat Vienna. "I'm afraid I cannot discuss an actual patient's case," he said. "I can tell you in general about twisted-ankle injuries, if you like."

"OK," said Lara, wondering if this would be anything she could understand or use.

"In the ankle, there are two tendons that are often strained. These are the peroneal tendons, and they stabilize and protect the ankle. They can become inflamed as a result of overuse or trauma. Acute tendon tears result from a sudden trauma or force," he said, looking at her with soft eyes.

She smiled and nodded.

"An ankle injury occurs when the ankle joint is twisted too far out of its normal position. Most ankle injuries occur either during sports activities or while walking on an uneven surface that forces the foot and ankle into an unnatural position. The unnatural position of the ankle in high-heeled shoes or walking in unstable, loose-fitting clogs or sandals is also a factor that may contribute to ankle injuries," he continued.

She smiled and nodded again.

"Have you ever twisted your ankle while jogging or walking?" he asked her.

"Sure," she replied.

"It hurts quite a bit at first, doesn't it." He made it a statement rather than a question.

"Sure does!" she agreed.

"But if it's just a mild twist or strain, it goes away fairly quickly."

"Yes," she said, thinking back. "I did that once and it didn't last long."

"Sometimes ice is helpful, sometimes aspirin or ibuprofen takes the pain away more quickly... home remedies usually do the trick."

Lara let this sink in a moment. "So, are you saying Vienna wasn't hurt beyond the need for home remedies?"

He smiled again. "Remember, I cannot discuss an actual patient's case."

"Oh, right," she said, slightly embarrassed. "But if that sort of thing happened to..." -- she paused -- "...someone learning to dance, might the effects be gone by the next day?"

"That is the most likely outcome," he said, smiling again.

She nodded, then thanked him for taking the time to meet with her.

"If you're interested in this subject," he said, after the camera was shut down and the microphones were disconnected, "perhaps we could discuss it further? Would dinner tonight be suitable?"

Her heart took a leap. "Dinner tonight would be lovely," she said, trying not to sound like an over-eager teenager. In the calmest voice she could manage, she gave him her address and telephone number.

"I'll be there at 7:00," he said as he show

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:44 am

53.  WW

Trending Today©
                              THE MAGAZINE FOR SERIOUS FANS

Trending Today has learned exclusively that Mr Dot-dot-dot himself, Bentley Williams, and Ashley Hebert-Rosenbaum had a close encounter of the tense kind in the break room recently. Bentley, wearing his signature plaid shirt; his partner, Tsarina Maria; and their coach, Cheryl Burke came out of rehearsal just as Judge Ashley was at the sink refilling her water bottle. The two former snugglers eyed each other uneasily, neither speaking until Bentley broke the silence by saying, "Why couldn't you have been Emily?" Ashley turned her back to him immediately and walked briskly out of the room.

54.  WW. 
dancing with the tsars MESSAGE BOARD
Cabaret Candy
No! Why did that stupid show bring back Bentley? That's just asking for trouble.

55.  Belle

Cynical Cynthia
Heh heh heh . . . I suspect that's precisely why they cast him.

56. WW
Cynical Cynthia wrote:
Heh heh heh . . . I suspect that's precisely why they cast him.

CaberetCandy
Well that's just dumb. If they wanted people who could get along with each other, they shouldn't have put Ashley and Bentley on the same show. I mean, what were they thinking, anyway? I'm not sure I'm going to watch this season if that's how they're going to do things.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:52 am

57.  WW

After the hastily-called meeting, Chris Harrison had his marching orders: Find a replacement for Courtney, and find one quick. He knew just where to look.

The phone was answered by a sultry voice Chris first took to be an answering machine. When no message followed he realized his mistake. There was an actual person on the line. "Hello?" he began. "Is Tierra available?"

"This is Tierra," came the answer. "Who's this?"

"This is Chris."

"Who?" came the response.

"Chris. Harrison." There was a pause.

"Oh! OK. Like, I mean, how are you?" she responded, finally placing him. " 'Sup?"

He explained the new concept and told her one of the Bachwomen had to leave "for health reasons." He apologized for the late notice and asked if she might consider being on the show.

She hesitated. "Um... I gotta think about this," she said.

In a burst of candor, and not wanting to have to find someone else, he admitted "You'd be dancing with Ivan the Fourth." Chris paused. "He was known as Ivan the Terrible."

She seemed to consider this. "So, um, does that mean he was like a terrible dancer?"

"That's probably true, too," said Chris. "But I think he also is a bit of a grouch."

She laughed. "That's like not a problem," she said. "I'll do it. Nobody will take my sparkle away."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:04 am

58.   whitelaceshorts

This is an outrage! I'm through watching this show..once and for all. How dare they insult our intelligence this way. First they bring back that prima donna Courtney, who manages to pull the wool over everyone's eyes again. She doused herself with red borsht and tied herself up, anyone who knows her would realize that this was just another publicity stunt.

And I don't trust that Sergei guy either, just another fame seeker, imagine trying to get his name on the message board...has he no shame?

This is the last straw, i'm through being played by these people ...well I may tune in a few more times, just to see if tierra still has her sparkle, but that's it!!

59.  WW

DancingBear

Darned right, whitelaceshorts. It's all about the ratings, that's what it's always all about. Do they listen to us? Ha! Never! I'm going to look maybe once or twice to see what these dug-up royals look like, but no more. I'm done with these guys.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 am

60.  LadyJaneGray

Maxisum drove down to his favorate thinking spot. Something was just not right and he couldn't put his finger on it. The girl was safe in her hotell. he had to find a way to communacate with Ivan. The contract he had signed wouldn't pay for the gas in his Audi spider, if they did not make it past week four.

He looked out of the window at the full moon. He reached for his moble phone

"Kirsty I really miss you. Remember when we were having a hard time communicating? How did we get past that?"

"you made me feel safe. Do you want to come over?"

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:23 am

61.  Belle

"Nice job, my dear," said Bol, who was driving.

"Indeed." Men chimed in. "You're really into this, aren't you?"

Tierra laughed. "Oh, my goodness yes! When you fellows called, my first reaction was, 'Where do I sign up?" You guys could sure teach me a thing or two about wreaking havoc!"

Hearing that, the Shevik twins didn't know whether to enlist her or take her prisoner. It appeared they had done both, if one had given the matter any thought.

After a typical LA drive, which included a stop for tacos (with extra sour cream for the twins), the three arrived at the bach mansion.

As they were walking through the hallway leading to the staircase down to the rehearsal hall, whom did they encounter but Vienna. Of course the women recognized one another--they were, after all, bachpeople.

"You! And Jake too? What do these people want--a whine fest? When I tell the interviewer how hard this is, I won't be talking about dancing, that's for sure!" Vienna was working up quite a head of steam in a few short seconds.

"You bet it's me! [sic]," Tierra spat. "But I should give proper credit to my Tutor in Troublemaking. Can't wait to show you how well I learned my lessons!"

The twins were motioning for Tierra to move on. Vienna waved. "B'bye, Sparkle Plenty"

Tierra gave a parting shot she had learned while at the undisclosed location: "See ya! Wooden wanna be ya!"

62.  Belle

The Shevik twins, Bol and Men, escorted Tierra into the rehearsal studio, where Ivan and Maks were waiting. Maks had just gotten off the phone and looked as if the conversation he was having hadn't ended to his liking. He was scowling mightily.

Ivan the Terrible was standing tall in the center of the room, as if he owned it. His arms were folded across his chest. He was scowling mightily.

Tierra walked in and looked at one, then the other. "Wassa matter, boys?" she cooed coyly. "Looks like a bad hair day in Hollywood." She continued, "But not for me! I think I've got two bad boys for the price of one. Yup. And I'm gonna give you both a run--oops, I mean a dance--for your money."

She walked up to Ivan and looked him straight in the eye. Then she looked him up and down. "So you're the terrible one, huh?" she glggled.

"Why, they could bill us as the Terrible Two." Ivan continued to scowl. Tierra tried harder. "Oh! I've got a better idea! How about 'Ivan and Tierrible'?" This time her giggle seemed just a little bit hesitant.

Ivan did not crack even a scintilla of a smile or break his scowl even for a nanosecond. He was probably thinking, "Hmpff! If I can snack on a Fabergé egg, I can chow down on this chick for breakfast."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:39 am

63.  Belle

We would report the entire rehearsal step by step but, as the television disclaimers say, it might be disturbing for some viewers.

As the rehearsal time expired and the next couple claimed the studio, Tierra fled to the break room and ordered a Bloody Mary. Drink in hand and gulping as she walked to the tables, she chose a seat. Oblivious to her surroundings, she didn't look up until she heard a chair pulling out next to her and a voice in her ear saying, "Is it OK if I sit here?"

It was Juan Pablo. Tierra tearfully recounted her coaching session with Ivan and Maks. Juan Pablo was very sympathetic and wanted to make Tierra comfortable.

"You know, I don't want you to think he meant to upset you. Did you know the word 'terrible' doesn't mean the same in English as it does in Russian? The Russian translation,
grozny, really means more like 'courageous, magnificent, magisterial, and keeping enemies in fear, but people in obedience'. It doesn't have to mean 'evil,' as many people think."

Tierra gave Juan Pablo a glassy-eyed look as if to say, "So?"

But Juan Pablo wasn't finished. "All you need to do is learn his culture and whatever he says or does will be OK.  Trust me.  It's OK."

Tierra now had a puzzled look, as if she were thinking, "Whaaaaaaaa . . .? They want me to learn to dance and study 16th century Russian history too? At the same time? To get along with this guy?" She chugged down her drink, got up, and made her way to the mansion's living quarters, where her baggage was waiting.

She began to unpack her things. She wasn't about to be scared off that easily. They'd have to take her off kicking and screaming.

64.  Belle

While the dancers were busy with coaching and rehearsal sessions, the Fleissmice once again donned their hard hats and proceeded to prepare the venue that had been selected for the ballroom.

The place where they were working was a minor league hockey rink that had been leased for the season. Since these facilities often doubled as basketball courts, the concept of converting the rink itself to a ballroom floor was not rocket science. Besides, the building was perfectly suited for all the functions necessary for production.

There were locker rooms that could be made into dressing rooms. The sky box could be used as a lounge for interviewing cast members after their performances. Everyone knows a highlight of the show was the dancers being asked what it was like to work with their coaches, what was in their minds in a variety of situations, how hard it was to train for the dances, what was the reaction to their scores, and what it would take to improve for the next round if they were saved.

The scorers' table would be glammed up for the judges. The band would be situated at one end of the oval. Thousands of screaming and cheering spectators would be seated in the stands. It was anticipated that there would be some use for the penalty box, so it was prepared accordingly. And the rink walls would be, um, decorated with billboard-like signs promoting various bachpeople related enterprises--from wine to water to energy conservation to real estate to music to Russian tourism. It was a signature Fleissian stroke of genius, worth of any NHL arena.

So there it would be, in all its grandeur--desiged in precise and exquisite detail to combine the excitement of a championship athletic contest with the elegance and artistry of a figure skating competition.

When the preparations were complete, the Fleissmeister surveyed the results of his minions' handiwork and saw that it was first rate. Eminently pleased with his creation, he told the mice to take some time to rest and ordered a triple ration of the finest aged cheeses. His only warning to them was not to gnaw on the floorboards.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:50 am

65.  WW

The costumes were first assumed by the audience to be retro and camp. They were either a high concept idea of Russian nobility or they were designed by someone on poor-quality street drugs. In any event they provoked gasps of disbelief from the audience, which the participants took for admiration. They all stood a little taller.

"We'll start the dances right after these few announcements," began Chris Harrison as Melissa Rycroft-Strickland stood next to him, nodding importantly. He looked directly and sincerely into the camera. "We want to reward the best without unnecessarily criticizing any of the participants. After all, the tsars and tsarinas have traveled a great distance to be with us and humiliating them with scores on paddles would be beneath them and us."

He looked around the audience. The dance teams, standing in a semi-circle behind him, stared regally ahead.

"While our judges will make comments intended to be helpful, the end of the evening will have our judges identifying only the best couple and the... uh... couple that won't be continuing."

There were some scowls on the faces of the royals at the last part of the announcement.

"The couples will dance together and their pro coaches will not be allowed on the floor as that takes place. Each coach will, instead, sit on a fourth chair at the judges' bench where he or she can watch the appropriate couple more closely."

Everyone nodded.

"And now, please show our appreciation to our judges, Anna Pavlova, Ashley Herbert-Rosenbaum, and Mikhail Baryshnikov." Through the applause Chris heard some comments from the semi-circle behind him: "...guillotine..." and "...hanging..." and "...drawn and quartered..." came through quite clearly. Chris ignored them, hoping they hadn't been loud enough to be picked up by the microphones.

"Now, without further fanfare, let's welcome our first couple, Peter the Second, dancing with Michelle Money, and coached by Mark Ballas."

The unfamiliar sounds of Puddy Riot's "Kropotkin Vodka" began. A small car had been moved into the band area and one singer stood on top of it, discharging a fire extinguisher in the general direction of the dance floor. Peter the Second, upon hearing the lyrics advocating the fatal poisoning of the Russian hierarchy, missed a step. Michelle barely moved, preferring instead to make dramatic arm gestures. When the dance finished, the couple moved to stand in front of the judges. Chris called upon Mikhail first.

"Oh, my dahling," he began, rising halfway out of his chair, "you have certainly attacked this dance. Unfortunately, it has attacked you back. What's worse, it won." He gestured broadly toward the dance floor, then sat back down.

"Was that a lift?" asked Anna in accusatory tones. "You cannot do a lift, you know. No lifts. Ever."

"That was a fine start," said Ashley, smiling. "I'm sure we'll see improvement as the weeks continue."

Melissa joined the couple, together with their coach, in the sky box.

"How did you feel about the judges' remarks?" she asked them.

Michelle and Mark affixed their faces into frozen smiles. "We're grateful for their help," they said in unison.

"My bodyguards will answer them as they exit tonight," said Peter. Melissa didn't know quite what to make of that, so she smiled and indicated she was sure the judges would be honored to meet them.

"And we'll be right back with our second couple after these important messages," said Chris as the camera returned to the floor.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 am

66.  Belle

With the first dance "in the can," as they say in the entertainment world, or the ice broken, as they say everywhere else and was particurlay appropriate for a converted hockey arena, the DWTT season was underway.

One by one, the rest of the couples took the floor. The spectators were clearly enjoying the music and dancing; many of them thought the selections were modern and fresh. They were curious about this new guy, Tchaikovsky, who had written nearly all of the works that were played.

Chris was learning the ropes of being a master of ceremonies. He had to admit that the duties were different from those of a dating show host.

When Reid and Julianne--er, Catherine the Great--took the floor, the audience sighed in anticipation with a communal sound so audible it was picked up and broadcast to the tens of millions who were all waiting at home for the thrill of the night. They performed their waltz to parts of Tchakovsky's
First Piano Concerto with an elegance so breathtaking the same sigh was heard once more.

When their dance was complete, the applause and floor stomping were so thunderous it echoed thoughhout the building--so much so that it almost seemed there had been a mild earthquake. In fact, it was reported that a number of women of a certain age had literally fainted and had to be revived by Fleissmice who, multitasking as always, were as serving as ushers and EMT's.

Ivan the Terrible performed his quick step with Tierra the Tierrible to
Opus One. Tierra, who always seemed to learn her moves well, did so for this performance. Ivan, however, was a bit stiff and disoriented at having to listen to a song that featured lyrics about Perry Como and Bing Crosby crooning and people swooning and swinging and swaying. He would have much preferred shouting and bellowing and people quaking in fear, and turning and fleeing.

Maria and Bentley did their tango to selections from Tchaikovsky's
1812 Overture. Depending on the tones of the music, Bentley's demeanor was relaxed and sensuous in parts, indifferent in others, and controlling and swaggering in the rest.

After all the couples had trod the boards, it was time for results.

67.  Belle

The couples were lined up on the floor much like a marching band flag team. Each coach stood behind his or her charges.

Chris made his entrance carrying a very formal-looking folded card with embellishment and engraving worthy of an academy awards ceremony.

He approached the contestants. As they waited for him to speak, Ivan the Terrible glared while Tierra the Tierrible looked confused. Bentley shuffled his feet, Vienna whimpered under her breath, Tsarina Elizabeth surveyed the architectural features of the building, Tsar Alexander II showed a look of foreboding, Tessa stood poised and serene, and Reid turned around, eyeing Julianne.

Chris stepped closer to the dancers while Melissa entered, holding a sterling silver tray with five objects carefully arranged on it.

After a pause that was a few seconds longer than was necessary to heighten the suspense, Chris began to speak.

"I think our first dance was a great success, don't you all?" Chris raiserd his arm and waved to encourage the audience as they gave a round of applause.

"I want to thank our judges," and the judges bowed, "and our fine musicians, the Glenn Miller Orchestra." Chris motioned toward the bandstand as the conductor and members also bowed.

Chris held up the card to show the crowd, and returned it to its upright and locked position. He unfolded it and abruptly turned it upside down, er, rightside up. While Chris was performing this unrehearsed sleight-of-hand, Melissa was tapping on a wine glass with a butter knife--both of which were on the tray.

"Now for the results." One by one, Chris approached seven of the teams, made a brief statement to them about their performances, told them they were safe, and instructed them to wait in the sky box.

He addressed the audience again. "As we mentioned at the start of the competition, instead of judges' scores and viewers' votes, the judges will select the best and worst performances of the evening. Sadly, the team with the worst performance
will be eliminated. After the break, we will continue with the results."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 am

68.  Belle

Chris addressed the five teams still in jeopardy, knowing he was required to deliver his remarks in the form of a question.

Again, he held up the card. He motioned to Melissa.

"We will now reveal the rest of the results? Melissa, will you join me? Melisssa is holding the gifts we will present each night?"

Melissa chimed in. "Yes, Chris, we have a lovely bunch of chamomile for the best team. For the worst team's consolation, we have a genuine Russian music box for the ladies and a fifth of Russian's finest vodka for the gentlemen. All right, Chris, whenever you're ready."

One by one, Chris approached each team. He read from the card:

"Reid and Catherine, the judges agreed that the choreography was awesome and the performance was flawless except for Reid's tendency to glance over at Julianne from time to time as if seeking her approval. But was that enough to save you from elimination?" A resounding "YES!" erupted from the crowd.

"Ivan the Terrible and Tierra, the judges said Ivan was stiff and Tierra was too loose. They also pegged Ivan's form as erratic, his sense of rhythm totally absent, and his stage present bellicose. But did he try hard enough to be catapulted into next week's round?" Ivan glared.

"Bentley and Tsarina Maria, the judges commented that you were was sending out mixed signals. They also noted that both of you seemed uncomfortable in your roles. But did those signals point to the ballroom for next week, or away from it?"

"Jillian and Tsar Alexander the Second, the judges remarked that your dance was a charming audience pleaser but that Jillian came across as tentative and Alexender as possibly over confident. Will your charm win the day, or are you poised for a fall?"

"Michelle and Tsar Peter the Second, the judges said Peter had lost a battle with the dance, and that there had been an illegal lift. Will you be on probation tonight, or have you been sentenced to exile in ballroom Siberia?"

Chris then announced that Ivan the Terrible, Tierra, and Mark had been saved. Bentley, Tsarina Maria and Cheryl had been saved. Tsar Alexander, Jillian and Val had been saved. These three teams departed for the sky box.

Chris turned to the remaining teams. "Reid, Tsarina Catherine and Julianne, your dance was judged best of the night. Congratulations!" Melissa presented them with the chamomile bouquets, which they accepted graciously. They made their way to the sky box to join the others.

To the last team, Chris said, "Michelle, Peter the Second, Mark, I'm sorry to tell you that you
have been eliminated. Take a minute.  Say your goodbyes and take your parting gifts from Melissa.

Peter grabbed the bottle handed to him and walked out of the ballroom without saying a word. Michelle turned to the camera and pouted. "This always happens to me. I have no idea what I did wrong. I thought we had such a connection, but they really didn't give me a fair chance."

Chris returned front and center. "That wraps it up for tonight. Please tune in next week for more exciting dancing, great music, entertaining judges, clever and witty commentary, and a few history lessons on top of all that as we continue with this MOST revolutionary season EVER!"

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am

69.  WW

Trending Today© THE MAGAZINE FOR SERIOUS FANS

Trending Today has learned exclusively that Julianne Hough has taken her coaching duties even more seriously than we might expect. While Reid Rosenthal is supposed to be dancing with Catherine the Great, it seems holding Julianne in his arms is even Greater. Sources say a lot of the rehearsal time is spent with Julianne and Reid "demonstrating" how the dance is to be done, with Catherine relegated to being a mere bystander.

Is the tsarina getting the royal shaft from Julianne?

70.  WW

Soft Shoe

Did anyone else see that item in Trending Today? About Julianne Hough and Reid? Hah. I sure wouldn't put it past her. Everybody knows the Houghs always manage to steal first place and now Julianne is trying to steal Reid.

71.  WW

BoleroBob

Julianne Hough could steal me any day of the week. What a hottie!

72.  WW
                      Trending Today© THE MAGAZINE FOR SERIOUS FANS

BREAKING NEWS

Trending Today has learned exclusively that Michelle Money was seen being consoled by Juan Pablo after Michelle and her dance partner, Peter II, were the first pair to be eliminated from DWTT. Michelle and Juan Pablo were spotted at the clever new shop, You're So Juicy. Michelle was drinking tomato juice, Juan Pablo had orange juice. Michelle was looking down as Juan Pablo used his thumb to wipe tears from her eyes. "It's OK," he was heard saying. "It's OK."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 pm

73.  WW

The earnest-sounding men in well-tailored business suits had Peter II more than slightly confused. "Look," said one of the ernest-sounding young men, "you had medical care in the eighteenth century. Well, we have it now, too. Some of the things given to sick people were stimulants and opiates. Some were made from plants." The young man nodded encouragingly. Peter nodded slightly in response.

"Well," the young man continued, "we still have medicines today. But now almost all of them are based in chemistry." Peter looked confused. "Alchemy," the young man substituted.

"You can create the elixir of life?" Peter asked in amazement.

"Even better," the young man assured him.

"Well, what has all that got to do with me?"

The young man put on his best sincere expression. "Look, you're something of a marvel," he said, making Peter puff up in pride. "I mean, here we are in the twenty-first century and you're sitting here from the eighteenth century looking fit as a fiddle."

"A fiddle?" Peter asked, puzzlement written all over his face.

"It's just an expression," the young man said, regretting having used unfamiliar idiomatic speech. "You're looking right as royalty," he said, trying again.

Peter puffed up even more.

"So," said the young man, picking up his pitch, "you're finished with the show. You basically have nothing to do. And we can help you regain your esteemed position as a wise ruler and pay you quite well for your trouble."

Peter looked cautious. "What would I have to do?"

"Just tell people about our wonderful product, a miracle drug! The elixir of life, as you say." The young man's enthusiasm was obvious.

Peter thought he would be very popular if he told people about the elixir of life, so he agreed to do it. The earnest-sounding young men were quite pleased. They put him into a comfortable chair, taught him how to use the teleprompter, then started the camera as Peter looked enthusiastically into it.

"Not feeling like dancing?" Peter began. "A bit tired, a bit stressed, not quite the person you used to be? It doesn't have to be like that, you know. You can be good for hundreds of years beyond others' life spans. Get your mojo back, become irresistible to the opposite sex, watch your children as they follow your directions, and enjoy the respect of your friends and co-workers. All this can and should be yours. Ask your doctor if Phealgud is right for you."

The earnest-sounding young men, standing alongside the camera operator, were overjoyed with Peter's performance. They smiled broadly and nodded enthusiastically. All that remained was the tiresome disclaimer that was required.

"Some cautions have been found to be associated with Phealgud," said Peter, sounding slightly bored. "These include a greater risk for pneumonia, tuberculosis, various cancers, hepatitis, heart failure, stroke, multiple sclerosis, deafness, blindness, kidney infections, arthritis, ulcers, flesh-eating disease, blood clots, or loss of one or more limbs." Peter's voice then returned to its earlier enthusiasm. "So ask your doctor if Phealgud is right for you."

The earnest-sounding young men were beside themselves with happiness and spent some time giving each other high fives, fist bumps, and manly hugs. Several minutes passed before anyone thought to thank Peter and arrange for his payment.

"Why would that stuff be right for
anyone?" Peter mused. But nobody listened to him

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 pm

74. whitelaceshorts

You're on the money there SS, those Hough's are always trying to steal the spotlight. And I think Juliane is getting desperate now, I heard her acne came back and they dropped her commercial endorsements since they can't take a decent close up of her with all those pimples. Speaking of commercials, that Peter the second guy, should be grateful to get that elixir job, he was a real stiff on the dance floor I'm surprised he got that far.

And whats the deal with CH?, "take a moment say your goodbyes" geez! he needs to get some of that elixir and swallow the whole bottle. I say bring back Tom Bergeron, he may be a little closer in age to those royal dead guys, but at least he has some pep!

75.  WW

SoftShoe

I know, right? You can't trust any of those Houghs, and the show always gives them ringers to coach. The whole thing is rigged. LOL on her acne, though. Little Miss Perfect has an actual flaw.

Does CH just do all his shows on automatic pilot?

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:02 pm

76.  Belle

On opening night the tsarina, Empress Anna, and her partner, Tanner, did well enough to be saved, but had finished in the middle of the pack on the leader board. The Empress became determined to effect as many changes as necessary to accommodate her vision of how the realm of the ballroom should be ruled. After all, her parents hadn't forced her to study dance for no purpose.

From the beginning, she was disgruntled at having only one footman--that being Tanner, the American peon. She wasn't keen on taking direction, either. As foundress of the Cadet Corps at home, she knew a thing or two about military matters.

In addition, being the autocrat she was bred to be, she would much prefer the role of drill sergeant for this performance instead of serving as a mere foot soldier.

The only way to accomplish this would be to change places with the coach, Anna Trebunskaya. After all, when one has seen one Russian Anna, one has seen them all. Why, look at that Anna sitting at the judges' table!

As it was ordered, so it would be done.

At air time, and as commanded by Empressa Anna, Tanner and Coach Anna, who had had herself made up and dressed to look like Empress Anna, danced to the song
Soldier Boy, which had been adapted by Choreographer Anna to a romantic rumba. When the dance was finished, they stood to face the judges.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm

77.  Belle

Mikhail said, "My dear fellow, you dragged your partner's feet so much all over the floor she was probably feet to be tied!"

Ashley said, "Well, I'm a bit of a drill sergeant myself, and I I was very impresses by the number of revolutions and the smoothness of the finish. It was nice that you had a switch instead of a foot pedal." Mikhail and Anna stared at her.

Anna said, "Anna dear, your form was exquisite--but then, you are an Anna, after all; that is how it should be. But do I sense something afoot here?"

When all the couples had performed, as at the previous results ceremony, the teams stood in a line, facing Chris. As in the previous ceremony, Chris approached nine of the teams, recapped the judges' comments about their performances, and informed them they were safe to return the following week. They all left the ballroom and gathered in the sky box.

Melissa appeared with the silver tray and did her thing with the butter knife on the wine glass. Chris turned to the two remaining teams.

"Reid and Catherine, the judges agreed that the choreography was awesome and the performance was flawless except for Reid's tendency to glance over at Julianne from time to time as if seeking her approval. But was that enough to save you from elimination?" A resounding "YES!" erupted from the spectators.

"Tanner, Anna, from the judges' comments it appears you may not be on solid footing, but could your footloose style have appealed to them and motivated them to save you?"

Chris could keep the audience in suspense no longer. "Reid, Tsarina Catherine, Julianne and Derek, your dance was judged best of the night. Contratulations!" Melissa presented them with the chamomile bouquets, which they accepted graciously.

They made their way to the sky box to join the others.

It was time to wrap it up for the night. Restating the obvious, Chris spoke one more time. "Tanner, Anna, Anna, Anna, Tsarina Anna, Coach Anna, Anna whatever, I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated. Take a minute; say your goodbyes.

Melissa handed them their parting gifts.

It was fitting that when Empress Anna left the ballroom with her subjects, she did so in the wake of her royal predecessor, Peter II, whom she had succeeded on the throne.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:13 pm

78.  WW

As Tierra and Ivan were emerging from the studio, Vienna and Boris were about to enter. Vienna, in a hurry to learn the new dance for the week, brushed into Tierra as they passed.

"Watch it, you stupid cow!" snapped Tierra.

"Well, if you didn't take up so much room..." responded Vienna, leaving the sentence unfinished.

Tierra looked Vienna up and down. "Wow. You've really had some work done."

Vienna smiled. "Good, huh?"

Tierra offered an unfriendly smile in return. "Does the surgeon give money-back guarantees? 'Cause I think you're due a refund."

Vienna crashed hard into Tierra, pretending it was an accident. "Oh, pardon me," she said in an exaggerated voice as she entered the studio.

"Listen, you pig," Tierra called after her, "my partner has an amazing ability to make ugly, nasty women disappear. Just sayin'."

The door closed as Vienna's group entered the studio. Ivan looked at Tierra. "You need some help with that... eh... what is the word? That bad woman?"

Tierra looked at him, admiration on her face. "Don't lose that thought," she told him.

"Or is it that you are the bad woman?" Ivan looked confused.

"No, no!" said Tierra hurriedly. "I'm a very good woman!"

"We'll see," said Ivan as he walked to the break room. "We'll see."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm

79.  Belle

It was studio time for Tsar Alexander II, Jillian and Val. All of them looked forward to these sessions because they got along quite well. Their time together was very pleasant--both light and relaxing despite the rigor of the workouts.

For their upcoming dance, Val had selected
Just One of Those Things and adapted its tempo for a charming fox trot. This dance was perfect for them because the tsar's courtly gallantry was a lovely complement to Jillian's sprightly ebullience.

The couple had just completed their first run-through when Sergio entered the room and interrupted them.

"There's a man outside who wants to see you," Sergio said to Jillian.

Jillian looked confused. "Well, bring him in."

"No, no," Sergio responded. "He insists on seeing you alone." Sergio shrugged his shoulders.

"All right; I'll go find out what he wants." Jillian asked Tsar Alexander and Val to excuse her for a moment. Both men shook their heads, indicating "Yes."

Sergio excorted Jillian into the corridor. Standing there, with a boyish grin, was Ed Swiderski. Jillian reacted as if she had seen a ghost. Ed pleaded to be allowed to dance with her. "I'm not a tsar," he said earnestly, "but I can be a royal pain." He grinned.

Jillian giggled. Unable to resist, she agreed, took Ed's hand and pulled him into the studio.

The men were taken aback. Jillian explained her plan. Val assented reluctantly and shook his head, mumbling,

"Nothing will surprise me after this."

Tsar Alexander, noble to the end, took his leave. He must have been thinking, "Why do I feel as if I've just abdicated?"

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:30 pm

80.  Belle

As they took the floor Jillian, with a twinlke in her eye, said to Ed, "You'd better not mess this up!"

The music started; the pair began to move.

Up in the stands, unbeknownst to anyone, Lenin (Lex) and Trotsky (Fox Trot) were seated in the audience. Fox was thrilled when the dance was announced. "Finally, a dance I can relate to!"

The two couldn't help hearing comments from some of the spectators around them.

"I thought their relationship was just one of those things."

"Oh, it was obviously too hot not to cool down."

"Yeah, they should have been aware of that when they started painting the town."

"I know! It was one of those bells that now and then rings."

"But they are such a beautiful couple!"

"It's like they were on a trip to the moon . . ."

". . . on gossamer wings [audible sigh]"

At the conclusion of the dance, Jillian and Ed faced the judges:

Mikhail said, "Your moves showed a lot of chemistry, but at different times you both seemed a bit distracted."

Ashley said, "You are a beautiful couple. I enjoyed the tsar's gallantry and Jillian's sprightly ebullience."

Addressing Ed, she continued. "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" Her voice trailed off.

Anna said: "I appreciate your adherence to the form of the dance, but I wanted to see more freedom and honesty--especially from Jillian." Clealy, Anna was getting into her role.

When all the couples had performed, as in the previous results ceremonies, the teams stood in a line, facing Chris.

As in the previous ceremonies, Chris approached eight of the teams, recapped the judges' comments about their performances, and informed them they were safe to return the following week. They all left the ballroom and gathered in the sky box.

Chris moved closer to the remaining couples.

"Reid and Catherine, judges agreed that the choreography was awesome and the performance was flawless except for Reid's tendency to glance over at Julianne from time to time as if seeking her approval, but was that enough to save you from elimination?" A resounding "YES!" erupted from the crowd.

"Tsar Alexander, Jillian, the judges were charmed by your lively form and enthusiasm, but did they see enough of a commitment to this partnership for the long haul?" After a short pause, he added, "Your royal highness, your look so familiar to me."

After the requisite comments, Chris could keep the audience in suspense no longer. "Reid, Tsarina Catherine, Julianne and Derek, your dance was judged best of the night. Congratulations!" Melissa presented them with the chamomile bouquets, which they accepted graciously. They made their way to the sky box to join the others.

It was time to wrap it up for the night. Restating the obvious, Chris spoke one more time. "Um, Alexander, Jillian, Val, I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated. Take a minute; say your goodbyes." Melissa handed them their parting gifts.

As they departed the ballroom, Ed said to Jillian, "Let's go to my place. I've got beer and condoms; we can save the vodka for later."

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum