Re: Project Runway

Post by singlyme on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

I'll see you then.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 am

They just finished the runway show. I didn't like much of any designers collection and was really disappointed with Ashley's. Down right horrible

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:01 am

Oh well. There's always next year.

Off to bed. This went much too long and there's work tomorrow. Hope you are happier than I am right now. See you tomorrow

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:55 am

Hi, moo.  Not happy.  I actually preferred Edmond's to any of the others.  His desligns inspire me to go on a diet.  lol.

I think the judges were happy to jump on the plus sizes, though I found half of Ashley's clothes matronly, the other half too revealing for chunky legs and midriffs.  There's definitely a market for sizes 12 and up. At least her models looked happy to be there.  I noticed that many of the other models looked miserable or angry.  What was up with that?

Bottom line:  There's nothing in Ashley's line I would wear - even if I were young.

The extra half hour was so obviously added for more commercials.  Six minutes of show, followed by eight minutes of commercials.   That was ridiculous.  I thought the guy from Lexus was going to give them (at least, the winnter) the cars.  Who gave a crap to drive up in one, then give it back?  Cheap commercial for Lexus.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:28 pm

singlyme wrote:Hi, moo.  Not happy.  I actually preferred Edmond's to any of the others.  His desligns inspire me to go on a diet.  lol.

I think the judges were happy to jump on the plus sizes, though I found half of Ashley's clothes matronly, the other half too revealing for chunky legs and midriffs.  There's definitely a market for sizes 12 and up. At least her models looked happy to be there.  I noticed that many of the other models looked miserable or angry.  What was up with that?

Bottom line:  There's nothing in Ashley's line I would wear - even if I were young.

The extra half hour was so obviously added for more commercials.  Six minutes of show, followed by eight minutes of commercials.   That was ridiculous.  I thought the guy from Lexus was going to give them (at least, the winnter) the cars.  Who gave a crap to drive up in one, then give it back?  Cheap commercial for Lexus.

I think Project Runway jumped the shark last night.  I liked Ashley earlier in the season but for me she fell flat on her face weeks ago.  I was pulling for Kelly and Edmund. 

I don't know where Heidi got that Ashley's collection was the most cohesive other than nobody - young or old, plus size or not - would wear those clothes so they were cohesive in that respect.  They were dowdy and matronly.  If any one of the looks had been created by any other designer during the season that designer would have been sent home.  They were too interested in acting like they cared for the plus size market.  I'm not plus sized but if I was I would be offended they think I would wear those clothes.

The commercials for Project Runway Junior turned me off.  I hope I find something else to do on Thursdays now.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:25 pm

I won't be watching the juniors either.  I'm kind of saturated with the runway right now.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Agree, BSkeptical. The judges were hard to have a plus sized designer win the prize. Ashley did fall flat on her face in concept and cohesion. I am a plus sized female and i would NOT wear what she sent down the runway.  Can she even make a complete shirt or a skirt/dress that you can't see through. That was underwear wrapped in lace and chiffon !! And those outrageous head pieces !

Liked Candaces black leather coat and black & red dress. Would absolutely wear either one of them. Was hoping Edmond would win but he caved. Had just that one black dress at the beginning of his runway show and Kelly was to monochrome. It all looked the same with glittered shoes.

Am usually pretty okay with the outcome of this show a few disappointments along the way but, still pretty okay with it. This year though I'm not going to forget. The judges got it wrong for sure.
Singly, I won't be watching runway Jr. either. Doesn't appeal to me

Flower

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 pm

New season begins Thursday September 15th.

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 am

moo2meow wrote:New season begins Thursday September 15th.

Thank you for the heads up!

skt8word

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am

Is anyone watching? 

I thought they got it right with two of the top three.  But that red and blue/white tent?  I was in agreement with the one who said it was cartoon-ish.  Not an "everyone" dress.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

Definitely not an everyone dress for sure. 

I agree with everyone about last season, what the hell were they thinking in picking her as the winner? Her clothes were hideous.

Even Tim Gunn has spoken out about how awful they were.

Anyway, PR is must see TV for me on Thursdays!

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:36 am

I really liked the swim suit that one.  Classy. 

Don't remember most of the designer's names.  Too early.  Only Erin, Roberi, and Cornelius (but only because he's annoying.)

The blue print everyone raved over was meh to me.  The print didn't show well over the tv and the cover looked like a nightie.  Heidi liked the white bottom and I thought it looked tacked on to make it longer.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:52 am

The only things I liked were Mah Jing's vest and Lauren's leather jacket.  The other six designs were crap.  I was astounded when "Button" team won.  The judges loved that hideous yellow and mauve coat!  To me, the "embellishment" looked like something even a teen would find craftsy.

I was really sorry to see Alex go.  The mauve tube dress with the chest-hair (lol) that Brik and Hee-Haw made should have been the loser - but they were on the winning team.  Go figure.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum