Project Runway

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project Runway

Post by singlyme on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm SO glad the obnoxious Asian woman left, along with the cardboard boxes she calls garments. 

I'm not clear on a lot of names right now, but I preferred what the Indian guy and his parter created for the win.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Project Runway

Post by moo2meow on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

I'm in total agreement with you about who went home last night. Who on this Earth would wear the things she designed. Thank goodness her partner, Edward, had immunity.

I thought Ashley & her partner won last night. I could be mistaken. I also liked the white and blue that Blake and his partner made and, though I'm not a huge fan of Blake, am glad it gave them enough points to continue on.
I'm not to good at the contestants names yet either. Please forgive.     Neutral

Last edited by moo2meow on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:58 pm

You're correct about who won.  But I preferred the one Swapnil (remembered his name!) and his partner made - the blue shoulder sari number.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 am

Last night's win blew me away.  I couldn't believe Blake's balloon was in the top three, much less the winner!  Once they saw the construction, it seemed they would surely discard him from consideration.  Puckers, a hook that hung away from the body. 

My favorites were Edmond and Cassie.  And I liked Swapnil's black dress.  I can't help wondering why Edmond wasn't in the top instead of Blake.  Anyway... I thought Gabrielle was the right choice to send home.  She appeared to be in over her head from the get-go.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:11 am

Okay, where are you, moo???

The guys really killed it.  The fabric they created was gorgeous.  Edmond and Swapnil stole the night.  I honestly feared the judges would say it was TOO cohesive and therefore, boring.  They fool me a lot with what they like.

The girls?  They screw up all the fabric, leaving everyone to scramble - and they want to blame Ashley?  Kelly O. was right.  It did look like a bitch-fest.  Even Nina had an expression of recognition for what the girls were doing.  I'm disappointed that personalities have come into the mix.  You can bet there will be hard feelings over this.  But I truly believe Amanda was the right choice to send home.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 am

Sorry I've been absent, Singly. Have had some important dealings these last few weeks and haven't had much time for much else but work & sleep.  Finished watching my missed episode of the show just a bit ago "on demand".
I didn't like Swampnil's garment. Wouldn't have worn that for any reason or amount of tax free dollars they handed me. Glad he didn't get sent home. Loved Edmonds though. The guy's an artist for sure.  Am tired of Blake. He can go next week.

All those girls, (except Ashley & the one who stuck up for her), should have all gone home. They let their true colors out that episode didn't they. I once liked Candice too, (the Bettie Paige look a like). You think Merlene was grateful she ended up on the guys team. LOL.    I don't like it when they " throw someone under the bus " just to keep themselves safe. I know it's a part of any reality show,(and in the real world), but it's so not right.
Amanda was the right choice to go though. She never had it in her to stick around . Surprised she lasted this long. Truly surprised.

Again am sorry for my absence. Will watch on schedule this week.
Flower

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:00 am

Good to see you back, moo.  I hope the pressure has been alleviated.

I agree that I wouldn't wear Swapnil's dress, but it was a statement coming down the runway.  Having said that, I wouldn't wear many of the garments that go on parade from popular designers.  lol.  Edmond makes clothes that have class.  That's what I like about him.

Blake is an annoying, whiney little shmuck.  I don't know any women who are that sissified.

The fact that the girls voiced preference for Amanda over Ashley told the tale about what they were doing.  Bad move.  I, too, thought I liked Candace but my opinion of her has changed.  Nothing in the girls' line would have sold even at a thrift store.  That fabric was destroyed and nothing was going to save it.  Bad fabric.  Bad designs.

I don't like it when egos or smack talk enter these competitions and my fear is that they'll be doing this to Ashley in their PI's.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:57 pm

love this show

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:28 am

We'll welcome your input, snapzz.  Please join us in discussing the show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:48 am

singlyme wrote:We'll welcome your input, snapzz.  Please join us in discussing the show.

thank you singlyme and would love to WOW! it's just amazing how fast they all can put materials, fabrics, and textiles together for cloths people can ware

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:19 am

Oh.  My.  Word.  I can't believe Merline was in the top three, and she won??!!  I was certain Ashley had this one in the bag.  Loved the straps that framed the bra, the color - and the judges were raving over it.  Then, they give the win to Merline??  That contraption looked like it was falling apart, ripped between the bra and strap.  One side looked lower than the other.  A mess.  I assumed it would be in the bottom next to whiny boy.  Sometimes these judges leave me completely confused.

I'm glad whiny boy is done.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 am

Also very happy wuss boy is gone. Bye Bye Blake. Was never Runway material.
Also surprised Merline won.  Ashley should have won. I would have accepted Swampnil or even Candice. But Merline ????
Judges. Go figure.    Scratch

Welcome   snapzz.  Stop by anytime. New opinions are always welcome here.  I agree. Totally amazing what real talent can do in such short time.

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 pm

singlyme wrote:Oh.  My.  Word.  I can't believe Merline was in the top three, and she won??!!  I was certain Ashley had this one in the bag.  Loved the straps that framed the bra, the color - and the judges were raving over it.  Then, they give the win to Merline??  That contraption looked like it was falling apart, ripped between the bra and strap.  One side looked lower than the other.  A mess.  I assumed it would be in the bottom next to whiny boy.  Sometimes these judges leave me completely confused.

I'm glad whiny boy is done.

I like you was saying Ashley had this in the bag, and the judges was raving over it, so why give the win to Merline? I was not sure if one side looked lower then the other glad it was not just me that notice that. And I agree some of the judges had me confused as well, I guess I don't see what they see. lol

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 pm

moo2meow wrote:Also very happy wuss boy is gone. Bye Bye Blake. Was never Runway material.
Also surprised Merline won.  Ashley should have won. I would have accepted Swampnil or even Candice. But Merline ????
Judges. Go figure.    Scratch

Welcome   snapzz.  Stop by anytime. New opinions are always welcome here.  I agree. Totally amazing what real talent can do in such short time.

I so agree anyone other then Merline, Why both Swampnil and Candice had better to pick Merline was just amazing to me

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Count me in with thinking Ashley's ensemble was the best.  Merlene's (sp) seriously?  It was only marginally better than Blake's.  Sometimes the judges make no sense at all.

Last edited by BSkeptical on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Welcome   BSkeptical . Glad you found us here. Always good to have more posting here.  Ashley really should have taken the prize. Merline's was just way too small and lopsided. Ashley's was well made and fitting. Pretty color too. You don't need to wear black to be "sexy". 

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:59 am

I was SO disappointed with Swapnil's attitude last night.  I was beginning to see him as an Indian Clark Gable - and those eyes are magical.  But... he seems to think he doesn't have to try.  Boo.

Kelly's dress was really something.  I thought she deserved the win.  That was the epitome of arts & crafts.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:54 pm

I agree. What the heck was he thinking with that thing he made. He'd better get his head together and start  in ernest or he's gone. They,(judges & Tim), sure weren't pleased with what he came up with. He seems to think that if he gets enough points to be safe till next week he'll make it to the finals and win the whole thing.
Get rid of that "tude" and start working Mr. Not Hard To Look At or you'll be gone in the next round. That's what I'd say to him if I were there.

Let's hope he gets his head back in the game and gives us more real Swapnil style next week

Flower

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Oooops......

Yes. Kelly deserved the win. Hands down that was the best one .  You think if the one who made the white dress w/ the white type keys cut the CD covers into a wedge or something instead of leaving them squared would have gotten higher marks from the judges ? Guess I'm a plain Sara. I liked it enough to wear it.

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 pm

LOL, moo.  I also like the clothes she (Lindsey?) makes.  Simple.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:59 am

singlyme wrote:LOL, moo.  I also like the clothes she (Lindsey?) makes.  Simple.
Me, too.  I genuinely liked the white dress.  Perhaps it looked different in real life than on camera.  I liked Ashley's dress better than Kelly's (?).  I've already forgotten her name.  But I thought the judges had it right on the top three.  I'm pulling for Edmund or Ashley to win.  I'm over Swapnil and his attitude.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by snapzz on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:43 am

BSkeptical wrote:
singlyme wrote:LOL, moo.  I also like the clothes she (Lindsey?) makes.  Simple.
Me, too.  I genuinely liked the white dress.  Perhaps it looked different in real life than on camera.  I liked Ashley's dress better than Kelly's (?).  I've already forgotten her name.  But I thought the judges had it right on the top three.  I'm pulling for Edmund or Ashley to win.  I'm over Swapnil and his attitude.

let's make that three, and you may be right it looked different on camera, Ashley's dress was better then Kelly imo, I think the judges be off sometime the mark. and I am so with you on "Swapnil and his attitude... sorry but be glad when he go HOME!!!!

snapzz

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 pm

I don't really want Swapnil to go home.  I want him to wake up and smell the coffee.  His ego took a hit this week.  And though he fell flat on the unconventional, he does runway quality work with fabric.  He needed an attitude adjustment.  I hope being in the bottom did it for him.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Swapnil:  Loved the top.  If only he'd paired it with a pencil skirt!

Candace:  I thought she deserved the win.

Edmond:  The "cloud" was okay for the runway, IMO.  Still... I didn't think the ensemble under it was innovative.  But I truly like Edmond.  He's talented.

Kelly:  While it did resemble a negligee, I loved that fabric!

Merline:  Why do the judges never mention the rips and tears in her garments?  Both arms were torn.

Allison:  The girl has loads of talent, but I think she messed up this week by taking on more than she had time for.  It might have been a good look if she'd made the top skin-tight.  Too bulky and messy.

Laurie:  She won't listen to Tim and if I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first time she's suffered for it.  The whole outfit was garbage.

Lindsey:  She's so cute and perky.  I wish she had more creativity. 

IMO, the right person went home.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Will be back on Friday to chat/post about tomorrows show. Used wifi at Subway as much as possible to keep up with the show. Know Swapnill is gone as well as Merline. And, thanks to the wifi usage, know that Tim used his save on Edmond.
Will marathon watch tomorrow to catch up with all the missing shows.

Flower

moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum