Naked And Afraid XL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naked And Afraid XL

Post by moo2meow on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:50 pm

I don't know if there is a financial gain for the last one standing or even if they're going that route cause I missed the first two episodes, but, if they do, I'm hoping Luke the one partnered with the professional fisherman makes it. I think the last episode is coming up in a few weeks sure sounds like it from the narrations during the show.

How does everyone who watches feel. Am anxious to know and hear from you out there.     Woo hoo Yay!
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Naked And Afraid XL

Post by singlyme on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:24 am

I can't imagine anyone would put themselves through this just to know they can do it.  But I've never heard a word about them being paid anything.  Doesn't mean it isn't so, I guess.

There won't be just one left standing.  They're all capable of making it to day 40.  Now that the groups have joined, it's doubtful that anyone standing right now won't make it.  I've always liked EJ.  He's made it through two 21-day stints.

I can't believe I actually felt sorry for Shane.  On his season, he was such an ass.  However, Alana (the roller derby girl) and her partner (the vegetarian) were such female asses, I wish he'd outlasted them.  Everyone else, I like and hope they last the remaining days.

I watched Project Runway last night and still have to view this week's episode of N&A.  Do you watch "Alone?"  That's the one with one-man-left standing.  This week is the final episode, I believe.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 am

Felt the same about Shane & the two women he had been placed with. Didn't care for those two women at all. Still don't. Glad Honoria left and she has to be slightly unbalanced. My favorite on the show is Luke. I liked him on his 21 day stint.

Most,(not all), of the guys on the show assume women can't make it and I enjoy it greatly when it's they who tap out first. If I were at least 10 years younger and a bit healthier I'd do this show in a second. They wouldn't have to ask me twice. Can't imagine eating a snake but when hungry.......

Well, my hats off to all of those who have tried their best while on the show. Even those who went and failed.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:07 am

Never have watched this, but I wonder, why do they have to be naked?
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:06 pm

BAL, I initially boycotted this show, simply because of the title.  Being naked, however, takes them back to true primitive status.  Bug bites (literally) up the whazoo.  Sunburn.  No shoes.  Thorns in the feet.  Altogether, a miserable way to live.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:23 pm

PS:  I just watched the finale of "Alone."  Alan made it 56 days on Vancouver Island, BC.  He was the last man standing.  This guy had such a great and funny personality, I rooted for him the whole way.  When they came to tell him he'd won, all he said was "Wow.  Already?"  When it finally registered, he glanced to his shelter and said, "Let's burn this thing down."  He was ready to go home to his wife and kids.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 pm

singlyme wrote:BAL, I initially boycotted this show, simply because of the title.  Being naked, however, takes them back to true primitive status.  Bug bites (literally) up the whazoo.  Sunburn.  No shoes.  Thorns in the feet.  Altogether, a miserable way to live.
Ah okay, that makes sense. The nudity does not bother me. I was just curious why they were doing it nude. Do they at least get a loin cloth, or are they buck naked?
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:02 am

The boobs are blurred out and they each have a (burlap) shoulder bag which hangs over their crotches most of the time.  Women have crafted woven bras and loin cloths out of reeds or palm fronds, wide-brim hats to shield from the sun.  Some have even fashioned sandals from vine.  These people can be quite creative along with the necessary resourcefulness.

The bugs would make me insane.  Deadly snakes, crocs, big cats.  Dung-laced water.  Sodden wood means no fire to boil water.  I don't think I could have handled the bugs, even in my better days.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:45 am

Sorry to see that Dannie tapped out. I say it was those two "B's" that were partnered with Shane that got her to go. Seems like if they don't like you they'll do what they have to to get you gone !! Was so surprised to see Luke agreeing with those two,(expected it from the others).. Never thought he would.
A shame Jeff & EJ  didn't want her to join them cause of the potential drama she would bring with her.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 am

I completely agree, moo.  I figured Alana to be a bug in everyone's ear about Dani.  That woman is a total bitch.  Even her facial expressions annoy me.  She had a zinger about Shane every time the camera rolled.  It's made her look like a mean and vindictive woman.

Dani was, indeed, much like Shane in that the group dynamic threw her off.  When she was alone, she was a solid survivor.  And like you, I was hoping EJ (my favorite) and Jeff would take her in.

I was listening to (crap, what's his name?  Chris?  The one who started with Luke) talking about how they all worked their asses off.  They never showed anyone doing anything but lie around.  They seemed to adopt Alana's attitude that conserving energy was the way to go.

I could understand their not wanting to split that tiny sting ray into two more portions, but they were certainly eager to share in Jeff's eel.  I'm glad the two-man team is expressing that they want to make the extraction journey alone.  As it stands, Luke is the only one on the other team that I care about.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Yes, Singly. His name is Chris and all that group does is lie around the fire that they expected Dannie to tend to !!  That stingray was small and barely a mouthful for that group of people but I really think they should have given EJ & Jeff a "bite" apiece. After all the food those two provided it was the least they could have done.
I like they way EJ & Jeff has expressed their desire to walk out together.  These two have become my favorite group on the show. Highly compatable together and they show true team work
Next week is the last installment isn't it? Will have to tay up to watch it and hope I won't be too tired for work the next day. I'll make it through always do.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 am

EJ was likeable through both of his previous stints.  He was always considerate of his partner and treated women's opinions as valid as his own.  I don't recall seeing Jeff before, so perhaps I missed his 21-day stay, or it fell out of my head with other dying brain cells.  But I truly like his personality and generosity.

Did you see when Honora flipped out on Luke and Chris?  That girl has some serious issues.  Even during her (was it Brazil?) stay, she seemed off.

At the beginning, when Dani was separated from Laura and what's-her-face, the other two formed a bond and Dani could never quite make a wedge to fit in.  I think that's when she shut down to the group scenario.  Rejection is not a comfortable feeling.  Then again, she said she has a problem with groups off the show.  Hmmm.

This show, in particular, is one in which I don't like to see a conflict in personalities.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 am

That was quite the arduous journey to reach extraction.  Glad they all made it safely.  But I have to wonder how long it will take their bodies to recover.  Did I read that screen correctly?  EJ lost 78 pounds????  He did look bad at the end.  Emaciated.  Luke, too.  And Alana.  Out of my mean mind:  I don't know how Alana lost so much.  It seemed she never moved, but lived the life of a slug in Colombia.  Really didn't like her or those nasty facial expressions.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 am

I don't like how they came up with the final PSR's.  I don't think the lay around group should have gotten so high.  They wouldn't have made it to the end without Jeff's eels.  Alana is also my least favorite.  I would have loved to see her have to tap out.  She was definitely a bad influence on the vegetarian (Danielle?).  She would have been much nicer and I think more productive without the queen bitch.
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:48 pm

You're right about those eels saving their lives.  I'm starting to wonder if any of the group of six would have made it without that protein.

After the way Alana trashed Shane at every opportunity, I wish she'd tapped out, too.  I hated to see her succeed, just because of her lousy personality.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Naked And Afraid XL

Post by moo2meow on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Was so happy that EJ & Jeff made it to the end. I liked that team very much. Can't remember how much it was,Singly. But EJ lost either 73 or 78 pounds. Wow !! He was the heaviest of all 40 at the beginning. What a way to loose weight huh ? I think a lot more of the queen B's in the 6 team would have tapped out if it weren't for Jeff's eels. Was real surprised that the caman was shared.
Still like Luke. Only one from the team of 6 I had any kind connection with. He and Chris may have been different if the B's hadn't joined them. Oh well. Must wait for next year for another show.  Next Sunday is a tell all show. Will be watching.   Flower

Good to read your input, beardiedawg. And welcome.  I agree. EJ and Jeff should have had a higher PSR at the end. How the 6 team got their score is beyond me.

Last edited by moo2meow on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:03 am

I was shocked, too, at the elevated PSR for the team of six.  What did they actually DO but not die from starvation?  I must admit a fondness for Luke.

I'll be watching the tell all.  I was surprised at the preview showing Honoria standing by her behavior.  I would have thought she'd be embarrassed when it played.  That girl is a loon.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 am

New season of Naked And Afraid starts in October.   Did you watch the tell all, Singly ?
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:32 am

New season of Naked And Afraid begins on the 4th of October.       Flower Woo hoo
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 am

It should still be on auto-record.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:13 pm

I missed the first week since the DVR only had the XL set.  Last night's show was interesting.  They looked like they would have been one of the best couples since they were getting along so well but she tapped out so quickly.  That guy sure had some imagination about Big Foot, though.
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:12 am

I finally watched, dawg.  That guy was certainly traumatized at age 12!  Who do you suppose REALLY laid on him then? 

I don't know about you, but I was imagining a wild hog or jaguar outside of his shelter.  It's difficult to believe he ate only that one mole the entire 21 days.

Do you watch "Live Free or Die?"

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:36 pm

woohoo Moo finally caught up with Naked and Afraid !! Missed this show . Will probably have to view on demand though cause it comes on late and this person has to get up and work the next day.  
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm

From what I read on Discovery Channel site, new episodes start some time in March. Couldn't find the date though.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 pm

New show begins March 13. Will be watching. Anyone else?
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum