Nicki Minaj: American Idol is not a singing competition

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nicki Minaj: American Idol is not a singing competition

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:23 pm

SLA44 wrote:
singlyme wrote:When I tried to set my DVR, it showed The Voice airing on Sunday, at least this week. I'll have to check again. Thanks.

PS: I like Shelton,too. Seems like a true nice guy.

Yes Blake does seem like a truly nice guy and he has helped contestants that he has coached even though they haven't won. The Voice is on Monday and Tuesday nights so I don't know why you DVR showed it as airing on Sunday.

You know me I am a Adam Levine fan and so far he is building the best team but i really enjoy all the judges it is such a fun show to watch because you can tell they all respect each other and have fun together I think Usher was a huge addition to this show and Shakira is fitting in quite nicely. I hope they stay and the others do not come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyManoloBlahniks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 am

SLA44 wrote:
MyManoloBlahniks wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
MyManoloBlahniks wrote:Count me in on The Voice Whit and SLA.. I like how the judges handle the contestants with words of encouragement. The dynamics this season with Usher and Shakira added to the panel of judges WORKS, I wasn't sure if I"d be crazy about Shakira but she's fabulous. She is beautiful on the outside too!

I'd like to put a sock in Nicki Minaj's. mouth. She can sing but I cringe when she speaks. I saw her high school graduation photo, she was very pretty then.

It is so good having you over here mano! I think we need to start a thread on The Voice topic! I too really like the new coaches on The Voice and agree with you about Shakira! I also agree with you about Nicki Minaja, in fact I don't care for either one of the diva judges on American Idol! I really like Keith Urban and didn't even know who he was before this show but he seems to try to be helpful and he is kind at the same time!

Thank you for the invitation, I'm glad to be here. I was surprised when I heard Keith Urban was going to be a urge on Idol, I thought he'd be a better fit on The Voice. He has an amazing voice and I love some of his music. Mariah is clueless, does she even know why she's there? Randy, still continues to call the contestants "dawg" which makes him sound like a novice instead of a professional in the music industry. Back to Nicki.....I'm so glad my remote has a mute button. Her voice is annoying, butchering the English language the way she does is simply unforgivable.

I believe The Voice has given Idol fierce competition, I quit watching it for a few years, I couldn't stand seeing teenagers and young adults slaughtered by Simon Cowell and his 3 cronies. Constructive criticism would have been helpful, crushing self confidence and beating the contestants down to a pulp and then stomping them down further isn't my idea of entertainment. The man has such a mean spirit, it's amazing he has children of his own. A small word of encouragement can go a very long way. Do you know what the ratings are for The Voice versus American Idol?

I noticed last night there is a thread titled The Voice. I was thrilled when Cassidee Pope won last year.

I think The Voice is a much better show than American Idol and I really like Blake Shelton! I like the format where the contestants are picked for their voice and talent only where I think with American Idol appearance plays a big part in their selection to continue on. I think Keith Urban is the best judge on American Idol and am afraid he wishes he weren't around the 2 divas, I'm sure I''ve seen him roll his eyes a few times. He seems like such a nice human being and not full of himself like the 2 divas and Randy Jackson.

I think all four coaches on The Voice will get along very well this year and am surprised by how well I like the 2 new coaches and how well they just fit right in from the very start. I will look forward to discussing it with you further on The Voice Thread which we need to get going!
I hope you have a great day and it is so nice posting with you again!
I like Blake Shelton but Adam Levine is my man. I love his sense of humor and his music is great.

Thanks, it's great posting with you again too SLA.
MyManoloBlahniks

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 am

I like Adam also but Blake is my man! You and Whit can fight over Adam and I get Blake all to myself and that makes me a happy camper! Looks like we are the last of the night owls!
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MyManoloBlahniks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:02 am

SLA44 wrote:I like Adam also but Blake is my man! You and Whit can fight over Adam and I get Blake all to myself and that makes me a happy camper! Looks like we are the last of the night owls!

Blake Shelton is funny. His wife Miranda Lambert dressed up as Homey Boo Boo for Halloween last year so apparently she's got a sense of humor as well. Google the pic, she looks just like her. LOL

I need to get to bed, I stayed up to talk to a friend whose mother isn't expected to make it, he needed an ear so I listened. Now I'm sad for him and wide awake. I thought I'd read the boards to relax and then try to sleep.
MyManoloBlahniks

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:07 am

Sorry to hear about your friend, losing a parent is very hard and I have lost both of mine so I know just how difficult it can be. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy a happy and peaceful Easter tomorrow or I guess it would be today now.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MyManoloBlahniks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 am

SLA44 wrote:Sorry to hear about your friend, losing a parent is very hard and I have lost both of mine so I know just how difficult it can be. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy a happy and peaceful Easter tomorrow or I guess it would be today now.

Thanks, i am sorry too. He has been expecting it but that doesn't make it easier. I'm sorry for your loss, losing a parent is a devastating experience. I lost my dad but my mom is still going strong.

The bunny has delivered here already but no one is awake yet, my bf is cooking out so all I have to do is watch. Applause

I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
MyManoloBlahniks

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:33 am

MyManoloBlahniks wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Sorry to hear about your friend, losing a parent is very hard and I have lost both of mine so I know just how difficult it can be. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy a happy and peaceful Easter tomorrow or I guess it would be today now.

Thanks, i am sorry too. He has been expecting it but that doesn't make it easier. I'm sorry for your loss, losing a parent is a devastating experience. I lost my dad but my mom is still going strong.

The bunny has delivered here already but no one is awake yet, my bf is cooking out so all I have to do is watch.

I will be going over to my niece and nephews for dinner tomorrow night and she told me not to worry about bringing anything so I am just bringing chocolate bunnies for the little girls and a bouquet of tulips to my niece. What is your bf cooking? It's nice of him to cook for you!
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MyManoloBlahniks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am

SLA44 wrote:
MyManoloBlahniks wrote:

The bunny has delivered here already but no one is awake yet, my bf is cooking out so all I have to do is watch.

I will be going over to my niece and nephews for dinner tomorrow night and she told me not to worry about bringing anything so I am just bringing chocolate bunnies for the little girls and a bouquet of tulips to my niece. What is your bf cooking? It's nice of him to cook for you!

You'll be a rock star with the little girls for the chocolate bunnies and the tulips will be lovely.
My bf is cooking steaks on the grill, asparagus, corn on the cob and cauliflower mashed potatoes. It is nice of him to cook, I was delighted, he's a better cook than I am.
Time for me to get to bed. Good night and enjoy your day.

Happy Easter!
MyManoloBlahniks

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 am

If I stayed awake to talk to you guys, I'd never get any sleep! I'm in bed before midnight, but wish I could chat. Unfortunately, when dawn "cracks," it wakes me up!

My local daughter and her family are coming for dinner. I don't usually do the cooking, but volunteered this year.

As for The Voice, I re-checked my conflict and my senior brain is glaring in its hit-and-miss tendencies. It's not "Rev-enge" on Sunday that's the dilemma. It's "Rev-olution" on Tuesday. May I say Duh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 am

singlyme wrote:If I stayed awake to talk to you guys, I'd never get any sleep! I'm in bed before midnight, but wish I could chat. Unfortunately, when dawn "cracks," it wakes me up!

My local daughter and her family are coming for dinner. I don't usually do the cooking, but volunteered this year.

As for The Voice, I re-checked my conflict and my senior brain is glaring in its hit-and-miss tendencies. It's not "Rev-enge" on Sunday that's the dilemma. It's "Rev-olution" on Tuesday. May I say Duh?

You may say whatever you want to early in the morning and hey they both started with "Rev" so you can give yourself a break on that one! I hope you enjoy your day! Wink
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MyManoloBlahniks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 am

singlyme wrote:If I stayed awake to talk to you guys, I'd never get any sleep! I'm in bed before midnight, but wish I could chat. Unfortunately, when dawn "cracks," it wakes me up!

I wish I could get to sleep earlier.

Believe it or not The Voice was on tonight, I have now watched it for the 5th time. Yes, I am an addict!

It's nice of you to cook, there is nothing like mom's cooking so I'm sure your daughter enjoyed it.
MyManoloBlahniks

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 am

Singly The Voice was on tonight but it was repeats of last weeks blind auditions. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be nights 3 and 4 of the blind auditions. So your senior brain is just fine!
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum