Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:26 am

I thought this was not a good finale.  Everything seemed shortened and truncated.  There was a lot of "stuff" we did not see and as usual we only got to see what TPTB wanted.  The episode seemed to have more commercials than usual.  Chris seemed almost desperate to get some kind of commitment from Becca, or so we were made to believe. I was disappointed in the whole thing.

I also noticed on the ATFR there was no mention of Chris being on DWTS.  Seemed strange, or were we to assume that everyone already knew that?

As for two bachelorettes, yuck on that idea, especially given that one of them is Britt.  I didn't quite swallow what CH said about Bachelor Nation being divided down the middle.  Things I read elsewhere definitely seemed to favor Kaitlyn.  I think the premise on which the bachelors will vote is poor.  Not like the vote during Byron Velvick's season.  Oh well anything to mix it up and get viewers.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:15 pm

DetailsWritten by Sammi-T Published: 09 March 2015
abc, Chris Soules, Chris Harrison,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions - Page 2 The_Bachelor_Finale_LeadTHE BACHELOR
SEASON FINALE RECAP FOR MARCH 9, 2015

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelor on ABC. Tonight is the finale and Prince Farming Chris will finally take a wife. (I have had Farmer In The Dell stuck in my head all day!) Will he choose the virginal Becca or bubbly nurse Whitney? Will he be the cheese that stands alone? These questions, and many more, will be answered tonight on the most dramatic rose ceremony since the last season finale.

Oh, look! Chris Harrison is playing the role of Phil Donahue again. For those of you not alive in the eighties, this is what I am referring to:

We will be apparently talking about this tomorrow. Okay, then. Unless Prince Farming runs off and leaves for one of the previously eliminated girls or a camera person or says screw it, and pulls a Brad Womack during his first season, I have no idea how this can be so dramatic….unless of course, one of them ends up being an alien and we have some Men In Black Action. 

Chris the Farmer is home and greeted by his family. We hear him narrate the entire damn journey with both girls and how he can go either way. Maybe he will have them both at the same rose ceremony and do eeny-meeny-miny-mo or rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock. 

Whitney meets Chris’s family and we get a recap of the hometown date, how she is a fan of the show and how she fell in love with him during Andi’s season of The Bachelorette. She also declares her love for Chris and cries. 

I’m bored. I feel like we already saw all this during her hometown date, now it is just with his family.

His family think she is amazing. Whitney talks to Chris’s mom and she talks about how she is in love and how she lost her own mom. It is actually touching and I can’t snark on this. 

Chris and Whitney say goodbye and she is convinced she is the future Mrs. Soules. He talks to his family about how he feels about Whitney. But wait! They need to meet Becca. They love Whitney so far but decide to give Becca a fair chance.

Becca’s turn to meet the parents. They all hug, kiss, make a toast and the sisters reminisce on when they first met Becca. They all seem to really hit it off and joke around a lot. 

The sisters do the whole heart to heart thing and she is very honest about her feelings about how she isn’t sure how she feels and worried about what will happen, especially since it will start off as a long-distance relationship until she is sure it will work out. I kind of see her point. Why would you move without being sure? Then again, I over analyze everything. 

The sisters tell Chris about his conversation. They are worried about this situation and how it will end up. Chris says he thinks she will say she is in love when she is ready. 

Becca talks to Chris’s mom and how she and Whitney are on opposite ends of the spectrum. It seems as if his mom is questioning everything, especially the fact that Becca wants to do the long distance thing. Becca says she loves him, but not ready to say she is IN love. Understood. Chris’s mom thinks she is in love but can’t admit it. Becca is just overwhelmed. 

Chris’s family think Whitney is a sure thing, but his dad thinks he wants to really be with Becca.

Chris Harrison says we will see something we have never seen before. Maybe my alien theory isn’t too far off after all. 

Becca’s last date. The two meet at Al Capone’s suite and talk about the future, like they have a clue. This of course leads to an argument and she says she wants the here and now. He doesn’t know if she knows what she wants. She says she wants him, but she is still scared and unsure. I understand. He wants her to know what she wants, what she really, really wants. 

Sweet niblets, this is annoying. At least her reaction is realistic. He says that he knows it is unpredictable, but they will figure it out on the way. I totally heard that as the theme song of Lizzie McGuire in my head. 

Can you tell this finale is about as exciting as watching paint dry? Even my cat is asleep. I’d take a picture, but my phone died and I don’t feel like looking for my charger. 

In our first hour, Whitney and Becca both met the parents. Whitney charmed the Soules, but Becca left them confused. Chris went on one last date with Becca not knowing what to do because it got so emotional and unclear. She doesn’t know what the future holds, but he will help her figure it out.  Confused? You won’t be after this second hour of The Bachelor.

Whitney and Chris harvest corn with his dad. They are on his tractor, but no word on if she thinks it is sexy. 

She thinks it feels natural and right. They toast to how wonderful this all is and I wonder how the hell we still have 45 minutes left of this episode. 

Whitney and Chris spend quality time together in her hotel room and recap the entire day. She says she always wants to be with him, loves him and it just is. (But does she know what IS means?) She is also scared. They kiss and cuddle and I am over this whole damn thing. He says he feels the same way and he is excited….about her and what they have. Not at all where I thought he was going with this. 

Now she is crying again. I need wine….and gelato. 

Back to the live audience. Everyone is excited to see if Chris finally found what he was looking for.

It is the morning of the rose ceremony and this is the hardest thing he’s ever had to do….to look on in the eye and pretend that he doesn’t love her and to show no emotion when she starts to cry….

I seriously hear this song every season finale. I haven’t seen the video in years, but it seems to fit….the song, not the video. I have no clue what the boxing and showgirls have to do with letting the love of your life go. 

Neil Lane (I always want to write Neil Diamond….and now I have Sweet Caroline in my head.) arrives and they look at rings. Apparently, he likes one so he is going to put a ring on it. It looks like the same damn ring everyone chooses on this show. 

The girls are also getting ready and they all start heading to the final rose ceremony. I think this is the first time I didn’t like anyone’s dress. 

He is still going on and on about how this is the hardest decision of his life and…come on, son! You knew what you were getting into when this whole thing started. Even Shawn and Gus knew this would happen, and they aren’t even real psychics.

Becca is greeted by Chris Harrison and then goes to see Chris, who is still confused. He gives her a speech on how wonderful she is but how it isn’t fair to take that leap at this point. I hear Sophia Petrillo’s voice in my head calling him a yutz because he is just making it worse by telling her she would make a good wife….but for someone else. 

She thanks him for being honest and says he is amazing. This whole experience was wonderful because of him. They hug and cry together and how in the name of all things sacred is there still fifteen minutes left of all this? What was the big OMG moment? Unless she goes all Kristin Shepard getting revenge on JR, this is like any other rose ceremony since the beginning. He didn’t even Mesnick or Pavelka! Come on, son! Give me something to work with here.

Back in the limo, she says this doesn’t feel good at all and she still thinks he is in love with her. HONEY! He is just not that into you. She wants to be in love and wonders it will happen. Yes, it will. You’re smart, beautiful and sweet. The right guy will come along….and I should probably be giving myself this same speech.

Thank heavens, only ten more minutes left, including commercials. 

Whitney arrives to meet her Prince Farming. She gushes over him and how she has never been disappointed and he finally tells her he loves her. . He also reminisces about their time together on the show. He wants the world to know how much he loves her, so he gets down on one knee and proposes.

THAT was the big OMG shocking ending we are all supposed to be talking about? ::headdesk:: 

She also gets the final rose. 

Stay tuned for our After The Final Rose recap! Congratulations to Whitney and Chris.

So the farmer takes a wife, the farmer takes a wife, hi-ho the derio the farmer takes a wife. 

Follow me on social media:

Facebook: Sammi-T

Twitter: TVG_Sammi

Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/196-film-reviews/13717-the-bachelor-season-finale-recap-for-march-9-2015

Note:  There are several different videos in this article and to see them click on the link above.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:27 pm

DetailsWritten by Sammi-T Published: 09 March 2015
abc, Chris Soules,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 11 Discussions - Page 2 March9_after_final_roseTHE BACHELOR AFTER THE FINAL ROSE

RECAP FOR MARCH 9, 2015

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelor: After The Final Rose on ABC. We are here live with Chris Harrison, Whitney, her Prince Farming Chris Soules, Becca and the new Bachelorette. We will get answers to all our unanswered questions, so let’s get down to business. 

The two Chrises talk and Host Chris congratulates Prince Farming. He is gushing over how much he loves Whitney. He also says there is not much to NOT love about Becca and he was falling in love, or maybe he was in love and I need more wine. Way to make your fiancee feel crappy, Chris! I know this is how the show goes, but he could be a bit more tactful. However, I have no idea how else he could have handled this, so I guess I can let it slide. Still, the way it was worded was awkward. 

He isn’t sure how he would have reacted had Becca said she loved him, but now he isn’t going back, the past is in the past…so basically, he decided to let it go. Oh, and Whitney watched this season, but only their dates. Good to know. 

Becca joins them on stage and talks about how difficult it was to re-watch everything. She respects him for being honest and he basically sits there like a bobblehead as she talks. He talks about how highly he felt about her and how he was pushing her hard to see where things would go. 

She also wonders if she even made the right decision to come on the show without ever being in love because she had nothing to compare it to. He keeps going on about his feelings, her feelings and she finally says his patience and honesty (and him pushing her) will allow her to find love again. Or something. This is ridiculous. It is the same damn thing every season. 

Oh, goody, we finally have the big OMG moment coming next. 

Whitney comes on stage and they can finally be together in public. So they make out. She shows off her engagement ring, which is pretty, but everyone in the world seems to have it. They are all giggly and happy and cuddly, which is cute. Chris the Host says they will be getting married. 

His sisters apparently had a hand in picking the girls and he compares Whitney to his sisters. All righty then!

Whitney verifies she did not watch this season….except for their dates. She lived it, so she has no reason to watch it. She is confident in what they have and there are no secrets. Honey, you have no secrets when you can poop in front of each other. There are still very obviously some secrets if you don’t know much of what is going on or what happened. Social media is great to get some news, but it isn’t the rest of the story. 

They are excited to go to Arlington to see his parents. Chris the Host shows a video where his parents come to greet them and congratulate them. It’s actually very cute, but the baby talk thirty seconds after getting engaged. Calm your tits and let them enjoy the moment!

Ashley S. is in the audience and Chris reminds her about the whole Bachelor In Paradise thing. She she says she supposes she will go on the show. We all know she will be there. Can we also get the Fifty Shades girl from Sean’s season? That would be epic.

More chatter, and then Jimmy Kimmel comes out. If he were single, he’d be the best Bachelor of all time. He offers his love advice and jokes with them a bit about bringing them together. He is true Jimmy and I love it. I also loved the fact that he got them a cow named Juan Pablo and they made fun of eeees ok. 

Jimmy Kimmel is now my biggest celebrity crush. 

Now for the moment we have all been waiting for….the big OMG moment. I am losing hope…unless the choice is some celebrity, I am not holding out much hope. 

Apparently, this was a huge, tough decision between Kaitlyn and Britt. Everyone in the audience cheers for their favorite. 

It turns out they are BOTH the Bachelorette. Okay, now I am curious. How are they going to pull this off? Okay, Chris the Host explains. 

On night one, the 25 guys will decide who they think will make the best wife and she will be the Bachelorette that season. Didn’t they do this for The Bachelor one season? I swear it was Byron’s eventual season, but I could be wrong. Can anyone verify?

The girls come on stage and talk about how excited they are to find love. Chris Harrison says they will be some very lucky men on their season. 

We can end this whole season with this:

To see this video click on the link at the bottom.

Enjoy and join us for The Bachelorette in a few short months. Are you Team Britt or Team Kaitlyn? Let us know in the comments! Goodnight!

Follow me on social media:

Facebook: Sammi-T

Twitter: TVG_Sammi

Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/196-film-reviews/13718-the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-recap-for-march-9-2015
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:54 pm

I was feeling stressed after watching that fiasco last night. I think Chris tried everything in his power to get something out of Becca because I really think he wanted her.....but....I think Jimmy Kimmel kind of hit the nail on the head with his "joke" of Becca just wasn't into Chris. At least not all that much. I think that was the first time I haven't seen tears in the limo after the F2 is let go. If she was at the point where she thought that maybe in the future there was a possibility of something, wouldn't there have been some sort of upset shown? I said it before and I'll say it again, something went down in her past that she can't get past to commit to a relationship or the feelings in a relationship. It's just unnatural for a woman her age to have not ever been in love or had a boyfriend.

I get the distinct impression that Chris' family wanted him to pick Whitney more than he wanted Whitney. I guess it's a good thing that Whitney didn't watch him with the other girls because if I was her I would be uneasy that even though he sent Becca home that at the last minute he still said that he's not sure he made the right decision. Wow. Maybe she will tone it down a bit now that the camera's are off. Other than acting way too bubbly I just got the impression that the camera's made her nervous hence the over talking. I find it interesting though that he took Whitney to visit his home and he didn't take Becca...at least they didn't show him taking Becca there. I wish them the best and hope it lasts but how can a couple stay together when the one wanted someone else first and chose them as a second? Now that the finale was shown don't you think her sister that was so skeptical will tell her about Chris' indecision? That was pretty big.

As to the "ette issue, they already said the ratings were the worst ever for Andi's season (no surprise there) so they had to do something to raise the stakes. This is why this season with Chris was the craziest yet. We already know this show is scripted quite a bit so I would bet that a lot of the issues with the women (including wacko Ashley S.) were brought on to pump the ratings up. I wonder if Ashley was promised a gig on BIP for acting like a lunatic. Anyway, I think this idea of two ette's is pretty dumb but once again it's for the ratings. I bet that they're hoping that by doing this that the first night will be their best ratings ever. They aren't stupid even though we think so sometimes. They know what's what. If they based who they chose on the biggest fan favorite it would have been Kaitlyn alone because every poll I saw had Kaitlyn as the clear winner. We also saw the crowd reaction at ATFR for them last night. Kaitlyn again was the clear winner when asked.....TWICE. It was kind of humorous watching Britt play like it wasn't her plan all along to be the next 'ette. I found it interesting that CH felt the need to ask her on air how she felt about it because she was acting so heartbroken at WTA. That was clearly planned since so many people questioned that. Amazing how quickly she recovered. I also don't think that Kaitlyn wanted to share the gig with Britt because of her response that it wasn't ideal. Britt knows the job of lead wasn't hers and is going to overplay it with the guys in hopes that they will fall for her act of wanting to get married. I'm hoping these guys can see through her act but the horn dogs they usually get for this show I'm afraid that shallowness is going to win out. I don't think I'll be able to stomach a season of Britt.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:49 pm

I got the feeling Kaitlyn was blindsided for the 2nd time.  First by Chris S., and now by CH.  I'd almost be willing to bet she signed on the dotted line before she learned it would be a competition between her and Britt.

Frankly, the decision-making of TPTB leaves a lot to be desired.  I'll never understand why they do this to shows.  They take a perfectly good premise - one we tune in every week to watch - and decide it needs to "evolve."  They've done it with a number of shows I watch.  One by one, they get dumped from my DVR.  I watched these shows because I enjoyed the format.  Does that somehow translate to my wanting it to change?

They took a perfectly good chance at romance and turned it into a messed-up, melodramatic free-for-all, complete with crazies and drunks.  I don't think I want to watch anymore.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I think she was blindsided too, singly. Reports for a while had been that Kaitlyn was chosen and signed on the dotted line and CH said in his statement about last nights show that the decision to have two 'ettes was just done in the last couple of days. They were not listening to the majority but acted on their own whims. I've seen a lot of backlash today due to them letting Britt share the job with Kaitlyn considering Kaitlyn was the favorite. I think that someone powerful wanted Britt and even though the people had spoken they are betting on the guys choosing Britt and they can ultimately blame it on the guys making her the 'ette and not them. Pretty sneaky but I'd wager that is exactly what happened....or something very close to it. I would love it if people got so mad if Britt is chosen and ignore the season completely in masses and their ratings plummet. It would serve them right!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 am

This show has become more about speculating about the antics behind the producer's door than it is about speculating who the lead chooses.  When it becomes no longer possible to believe anything we're watching, why the hell bother with it?  I'd join a movement to boycott

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:28 pm

I guess this answers the question of what Whitney is planning on doing job wise in Iowa. Good for her.

https://gma.yahoo.com/bachelor-star-whitney-bischoff-reveals-her-future-career-172151062--abc-news-tv.html
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm

For those of you who didn't see Bach's post in Kaitlyn's thread, or haven't read it elsewhere, Chris and Whitney are no longer engaged.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:35 pm

I am really disappointed in Chris. I know that almost every contestant goes on there for reasons other than they let on, but I really thought that Chris might have been different. All that talk about him not really having many options of dating out in Iowa and that he really wanted to find someone had me going there for a while. It actually sounded like a possibly legitimate reason. Then you started hearing reports after they broke up that after his season ended and his friends asked him when the wedding would be that his response was that there is no way that there will be a wedding. You also heard that no sooner did the season end that he was making deals for himself to remain in the spotlight. So much for getting back to the farm and the life he loves. I liked him on Andi's season and thought he was a great candidate for the next Bachelor, but now I get turned off even seeing his face anywhere. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Yes, he sure did turn out to be a total "tool."  Not going to annoy myself saying much else.  He forgot his 15 minutes was up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top