Season 2015

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 2015

Post by singlyme on Wed May 13, 2015 8:14 am

I was encouraged for Clark when he sang Georgia and Ain't No Sunshine.  But whoever assigned him that original song should be shot.  Halfway through, I hit f-fwd.  It felt like sabotage.

Nick did well on all three, and the audience seems to be more boisterous after his performances.  I think he'll take it.

Next season will be the last.  Sorry about this because I think with the current panel of judges, the show is the best it's ever been.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm

I really like Nick and I hope he wins.  To me he clearly did the best last night.  Clark is okay to me to a point in his songs but he loses it with me when he stops singing towards the end of his songs and IMO starts screaming out the words or so it seems to me.

I think they lost so many viewers when they had those two divas on the panel and even though they didn't bring them back they also didn't get some of those viewers they lost back.  I think The Voice took over the number one spot for the singing competitions.  To this day I still cannot stand either one of those divas and if I never have to see them or hear of them again it will be just fine with me.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 am

Well, I ended up with my thumb on f-fwd for most of the show.  I'm afraid the modern-day guest singers simply don't appeal to me.  I DID enjoy Clark's song with Michael McDonald.  The only other one I actually listened to was Jamie Foxx.  And I liked Keith's song. 

I love Steven Tyler, but I must say he's looking like Captain Jack Sparrow these days.  lol.

Not surprised that Nick won.  I wish him success in his career.  I believe he has a better chance of selling his kind of music than Clark would have.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu May 14, 2015 5:29 pm

I didn't even know who most of the guest singers were - must be a sign of my age.  I liked the guest that Nick sung with and their song and also Jamie Foxx with Rayvon.  I still think that Rayvon was a better singer than either Clark or Jax but that is because I like the kind of music he sings better than the other two.

Unlike you - I can't stand Steven Tyler - he just comes across as a dirty old man to me and I didn't like the way Jax acted around him like he was the greatest thing that has ever happened to the music world.

I am so glad that Nick won and thought he really deserved to win.  I am anxious to see how his career moves along.  The one other thing that I liked about this season is that all the contestants in the top 12 really seemed supportive of one another and had become almost like family.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Your last sentence is what I've come to look for in these competition shows.  I love to see the friendships and support system.  I stopped watching Survivor because of all the backstabbing and deceit.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 am

I was one of those viewers they lost after the diva season. I read an article on next season being the last for AI and that was definitely one of the reasons given why they lost so many viewers. I am with you SLA in that to this day, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj turn my stomach. That was such a disastrous season on so many levels. 

I was already watching The Voice when I defected from AI. I like the banter between the judges. I wasn't crazy about Cee Lo and am glad he is gone. Something about him made my skin crawl and now we all know why. I wasn't crazy about Christina Aguilera when she would show up in those crazy stage outfits, hair and makeup and act like a diva, but since then she has re-invented herself and looks and acts normal. I even liked others that have stepped in as judges like Pharrel Williams, Usher, Gwen Stefani and Shakira. Pharrell wasn't real successful last season as his team was the first to go, but it looks like this season he may very well take it. 

I also like that they don't play around with all of the craziness in auditions like AI did. When I watched AI I would skip the first part of the new season because those people that would audition were clearly not singers and some were not right in the head. It became annoying that they would waste so much time on that nonsense. I have a feeling that these people that would have auditioned for AI will probably try for The Voice now but if so they will not make it to our tv screens so maybe that will discourage them from even trying.

Singly, on a side note since you mentioned Survivor, I still watch it because I don't want to fight for the remote control. This season started to annoy me but it has changed for me because Mike whom everyone wants out because he is a threat has managed to win most challenges and has flaunted his hidden immunity idol and then another time used it and has thrown this game for a loop and pissed his enemies off so much it has been hysterical. 
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun May 17, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm with you folks on the Mariah and Nikki topic.  I detested those two, and I stopped watching because of them.  BUT, when I heard that Harry Connick, Jr. was stepping in, I HAD to catch it.  Glad I did.  I love the threesome they have now.  Unfortunately, it seems it's too late for this show to recover.

They only show a few outrageous people each season during the auditions.  In previous years, I avoided them. 

The thing I don't care for with The Voice is all the time wasted on packages about people who will go home the same night.  I LOVED Shakira when she was on, as well as the friendly banter between judges, but I no longer tune in.

As for Survivor, they lost me when they put all that focus on Russell Hantz.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum