Season 2015

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 2015

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 pm

I was very happy when Nick was called first but I sure thought of you when Clark wasn't called until the end of the safe ones again.  We know he isn't getting that few of votes so I think they are just playing with the viewers maybe to get more to vote for him.

I was so afraid that the twitter's were going to save Daniel last night and was really happy when it was Rayvon that was saved.  He may not be so lucky next week though.  I'm hoping that Qassim goes home next week.

I just don't care for Joey at all and really don't enjoy anything about her.  I do like Tyanna and Jax though.  

BTW I'm an older person than you are and that's probably why I don't like the rockers. Giggle
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 am

I didn't take you for an oldster, SLA.  I was just coming out of grade school when Guy Mitchell was replaced by Elvis and Little Eva took over for Patty Page.  lol.  I prefer the old-time rock.  When hard rock came into vogue, it just sounded like a lot of screaming with electric guitars on steroids.  As I've said before, I need a melody.  That's why I hate rap.  *shudder*  It's NOT music.  Thankfully, we don't have rappers on Idol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Yep - I'm an oldster and I'm with you on the Rap - I don't like it either and not so sure I will watch the bachelorette with Kaitlyn and her interest and liking Rap.  I don't like hard rock or what was it called metal rock?
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:30 am

Oh, SLA.  I hadn't thought about Kaitlyn's love of rap.  That could ruin the season for me if that interest is a theme.  "Heavy metal" is what you were going for.  lol.  I didn't like it either:  Noise.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 am

Glad to see Qassim leave.  Now, we can get down to business. 

My daughter and I were discussing the talent yesterday afternoon.  She likes Nick and, of course, I like Clark best.  I love Nick's singing, but there's something about him that blocks my interest.  However, if I was buying anyone's CD, it would probably be his.  Weird, huh?  I'd buy Clark's if he stuck to the power sounds.  While I see the others as talented, I can't imagine spending for a CD to hear them.

I ffwdd through the guests.  Iggy left me cold on the first verse.  Zipped by her, as well as the country singers.  Too much BS and filler last night.  Three guests in one night?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 pm

I was so happy to see Qassim go and Rayvon stay.  I thought that was one of Rayvon's best performances but it was quite evident to me that JLo and Harry preferred Qassim.

Nick is still my favorite and will be as long as he is there.  I know Clark is your favorite but I to me he is like Nick is to you.  I just am not feeling it for Joey either but she seems to have fans behind her.

Did I hear right last night that only the top 5 are going on the nationwide tour?  I thought in the past it was the top 10 that went on tour.   Confused
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:56 pm

I thought it was top 10, too.  Do you think they're going to fill in the other five with past contestants?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:20 pm

I don't know - maybe I didn't hear him right when he said top 5.  Just seems a little strange to me and wouldn't be much of a show with only 5 contestants performing.  Confused
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 am

He DID say top five.  Hmmmm.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Maybe he got it wrong or something - it just doesn't seem right to me.  No
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 am

I thought Tyanna turned in solid performances last night.  She seems much more in her element with upbeat songs.  Proud Mary was really good.

I enjoyed Clark's rendition of Superstition, but Moon River sucked.  I've always disliked that song.  I think I heard Andy Williams do it about a million and three times.  I must say the boy is humble - and perhaps, a little shy when not actually singing.

Sorry to say I didn't care for Jax's take on either of her songs.

Nor did I care for either of Quentin's numbers.  Regardless of his claiming his concern for his bottom two friends, he was completely upbeat and happy after his first song.  His face fell during the critique and I think it angered him.  Regardless, I wasn't impressed by either number.

I didn't like Joey's Funny Valentine but thought she did great with Somebody to Love.  Sorry to see her go.  At this point, I would have preferred it was Quentin who went home.

Agreed with Harry that Rayvon's first song wasn't a good choice for him, but Always on My Mind was great.

Singer of the night, for me, was Nick.  He blew me away with Only the Good Die Young.

But Clarkie is still my fav.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I forgot to say how great it was to see Bill Medley in the audience.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Well Nick is still my favorite and I still really like Rayvon.  

I actually liked Clark's "Moon River" but unlike you I do like the song.  I  know what it is about Clark that bothers me and it is his lips.   Yuck 

I was glad to see that it was Joey that went home last night and not Rayvon.  I still think Rayvon has one of the best voices of those that are left.  I think Quinten should be the next one to go.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:54 am

I know what you mean about Clark's lips.  Slightly puffy, red and shiny.  There was another musician who had lips like this.  I was thinking it was from playing a wind instrument, but I'm getting Buddy Rich, the drummer.  I could be off on this.

I read that Idol's ratings are down.  Darn.  For me, this show is the best it's ever been.  I never liked Randy and his "Dawg" crap, or Paula with her slurring and rambling.  I wish they'd move the time or night so it wouldn't be up against Survivor.  Good luck with that, huh?

Now Paula is going to be a judge on SYTYCD.  *Groan*  Only time will tell, but my aversion to her is great.  She might well ruin the show for me.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:07 am

I didn't like Jax's first song, but the second was better.  I've lost the initial enthusiasm I had for her.

I thought Nick took the night. Both performances were on target.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Clark.  Some of his songs, I would pay money for.  Others, I'm wondering what he's thinking.

Tyanna, also, has slipped in my ratings.  I simply don't care for her doing ballads.  And unless it's music she can jump around to, her shine is gone.

I thoroughly enjoyed Rayvon's first ballad, but despite all the fanfair, I didn't care for the second.  On the quieter bars, his voice was lost in the band.  But I'm glad he stayed.

And I'm glad Quinton is gone.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I agree with you on Nick and his taking the night but it is up to the fan voting now.

I thought Jax was okay last night and I'm sure she will be safe next week.

I didn't care for Clark last night at all, especially his rendition of Boyfriend.  He sounded off to me in his first song as well.

I agree with you Tyanna, she has just lost something along the way - she really hasn't gotten better at all IMO.

I liked both of Rayvon's songs and thought that he was 2nd best last night.  He seems to get better each week and he just seems like such a likable young man.  I really hope he is safe next week ~ I would rather see Tyanna go than Rayvon. 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Next week, we may see Rayvon in the bottom with Tyanna - only to win there for the fourth(?) time.  lol. 

BUT...

What's the point of that fan save at the end?  I mean, if the vote is in and there IS a low person, why aren't they simply eliminated?  WHY a twitter save??  Twitter doesn't account for phone votes and gives priority to only ONE process.  Not fair!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:47 pm

They said that last night was the last night for the voter save so I think next week whomever has the least votes from last nights votes is the one to go home.

BTW last night was the 4th time they said that Rayvon was in the bottom two so he already won for the fourth time if that was true.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 am

I see.  Hmmmm. 

After this week's performances, I'm of the opinion Tyanna may go before Rayvon.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:52 am

Well singly your opinion was correct on who was going home tonight - it was Tyanna.

Again this week I did not like Clark's 2nd song at all and IMO he had the worst performance tonight.  

My ranking for tonight would be:
1. Nick
2. Rayvon
3. Jax
4. Clark

It will be interesting to see how it all falls out next week and I will be sad if it's Rayvon that goes home.  Sad
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 am

I can't explain why, but I felt impatient during the entirety of last night's show.  The only singing I enjoyed was Nick's.  Perhaps it was music I'm not familiar with....I don't know.  Clark was a sore disappointment and I've lost my enthusiasm for him - or the kind of music he's doing.  Where's that deep, throaty, bluesy voice?  This is the only season and the only show I've voted for a favorite.  I believe I'm done voting.  I no longer care who wins. 

Then again, perhaps I was simply in a bad mood last night.  Sick

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma on Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 am

Hello ladies! I haven't been watching the show but I just checked on the final four & I'm happy to see that Jax is one of them! She's been one of my favorites from the very beginning. Please remind me when the show is on? Is it on Tuesday & Wednesdays? For the guys, I think I like Nick but I would like to see Jax take home the trophy. 

Hope everyone is doing well!
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sat May 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Good to see you posting on here BHG!!  The show is on Wednesday night as far as I know but if it changes I will try to remember to send you an email.

Nick is my favorite and has been since day one so we will be pulling for different ones to win but that is okay with me.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 07, 2015 7:43 am

Clark had one good song, the "Earned It" piece the judges chose.

Didn't care for the top or bottom song from Jax.  The middle one at the piano - couldn't understand a word she said.

Same ole from Rayvon.

Again, Nick took the night.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm

I agree that Nick took the night.  I was sorry to see Rayvon go ~ I would have preferred to see Clark go.  I did not care for any of his songs last night - I thought he wrecked the last song towards the end when he went back to the style he prefers.  

I hope that Nick wins American Idol ~ IMO he is the best of the remaining contestants.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum